Sing for Absolution

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"... erm... I'm confused... as to what exactly what just happened...?" he said, sitting down across from her finally.

"I asked you if you were hungry. I really don't see why you look blank as a duck right now," she said, then looked up and smiled at the waitress who came over. She ordered a glass of lemonade, then browsed the menu as the woman waited for Matt's choice.

Matt's expression remained perplexed. He shook his head and looked at the menu. "Erm, hey do you know when we're due to arrive at Vladivostok?"

"Actually in about a quarter of an hour," the waitress replied.

Matt lifted an eyebrow at Alyne, then stood up and headed back to their car.

"Aw, dang.." Alyne muttered, cancelling her order and getting up to follow after Matt. "So.. What are you gonna do at this stop? Hop a plane and leave?"

"I don't know. Maybe. I probably should," he said, pushing into their car and grabbing his things and starting shoving them back into his bag.

"Yeah probably," she murmured softly, picking up her things and packing them away as well. She was done rather quickly and pulled her jacket on, then sat down and gazed out the window.

Matt turned and looked at her as he finished up. "Are you going to keep going?"

"Are you sure?... Good for you." He offered her a little smile. "Im proud of you."

"Yeah, I'm sure," she said softly, though she was anything but. It wasn't like she had anywhere else to go or anything else to do. Maybe it'd be good for her to travel alone for the first time in her life. What was the worst that could happen?

"... I don't know if its the safest thing.. For a girl... You can come with me, you can come with me, you know... I don't think anyone will mind. And you can still travel the world...." He finished shoving the last of his dirty clothes into the paper bag. "... Ill probably show up and find out doms disappeared off to the future and eloped with the other Matt and that's why he won't answer his phone... And this whole album will be pointless..."

"No, it's okay. You're going to be really busy with Dom and music and all of that. I'll be fine," she assured him, avoiding responding to his comments about Dom vanishing. Was that what was going on? Maybe. "Just forget about me. I'll manage."

"Are you sure...? I don't feel comfortable with you doing that... Yknow... You've never really been out on your own..." He looked at her, a worried expression on his face. "I'm not trying to put you down, yeah? It's just that the world can be kind of... Dangerous. Especially if you don't know what's up. I don't always know what's going on but... I've been around the globe a time or two... I just..." He hesitated, frowning.

"It's okay, Matt," she said, standing up and laying a hand on his arm to reassure him. "I'll be fine. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself. What are you so worried abo-" she started to ask, then stopped as the train rapidly began to slow down. It jerked slightly and she had to brace her hand against the wall just to not fall in to him.

As the train jerked to a stop, Matt stumbled backwards. He reached out to catch Alyne despite the fact that he was falling too. The motion did nothing more than pull her on top of him as he fell back into the seat. "...erm... sorry," he said, gazing at her. "I guess this is our stop," he murmured.

Alyne squealed in surprise, one hand braced on the seat next to Matt's head while the other was against his chest. She was basically in his lap, staring at him in shock. In fact, she was so close that she could.. No. These thoughts just would not cease. She ignored them and broke their eye contact before she could do something stupid, then carefully got up and picked up her bag.

"Yeah, guess so," she murmured, looking away from him with a faint blush.

Matt coughed and stood up, gathering his things with a nervous fumble. "Erm, right. After you," he said gesturing toward the door.

Nodding once, she pulled open their door and walked out. As she stepped off of the train, she took a good look around the station. It was huge, and full of a lot more people than the last one. After a moment she turned to face Matt, still blushing a little.

"So.. you going to the airport?"

"I'll be completely honest with you," Matt said, taking a deep breath and pausing. "I'm not really in a good place to making any sort of rash decisions... I need to... think..." He glanced at her. "You alright? Is your fever still bothering you?"

"I feel fine," she lied. The only reason that she felt sick to her stomach right now was her anxiety about doing this by herself, and her desire to not have to watch Matt leave. She looked over at him, then looked around. There were a few empty benches nearby, and across the large boarding area there were a few little food places. "Want a bite to eat? Or we can just sit while you think," she suggested.