Sing for Absolution

"Just take a sip? I think you'd like the White Russian... A sip is harmless..."

"Well.. alright. Just a sip though," Alyne finally said, picking up the glass and taking a tentative sip. It was bitter from alcohol, but.. sweet. She blinked in surprise and set the glass down, then looked at Matt. "There. Now you can't say I never tried drinking."

Matt smiled a little smile. "It's basically a liquid chocolate bar that makes you feel warm inside." He took the rest of the drink. "I can't do the beer. It's too heavy. Okay let's go!" He said, a warm feeling spreading across his cheeks from the alcohol. He grinned.

"Alright, come on," Alyne said, taking Matt's hand and walking with him out of the bar. She glanced back at the glasses they had left, thoughtful. Alcohol was supposed to be nasty and evil, why had that tasted good? She turned away and went outside, then looked around. "Okay, which way should we go to find a shoe store?"

"I don't think we'll find what we're looking for...?" He skipped a little. "But we can try!"

"Even if we don't, we'll have fun. We have.." she said, pausing to glance at her phone. "Forty-five minutes to search. Let's go," she said, giggling and taking him in a random direction. "Don't trip or you'll pull me down too!"

Matt glanced at her and giggles. "Never tell me not to do something, cos I'll do it, by accident or otherwise... You should know that by now...oh! There's a shoe store!" He cried, running an pushing his nose against the glass.

"Oh my goodness," she giggled. "You really are a kid!" she chided, grabbing his hand again and hauling him into the store. She went over to the counter and smiled at the girl, sure that they probably looked crazy. "Hi! Do you have light-up sneakers in adult sizes?"

"We don't carry those. I'm not even sure they make those," the girl behind the counter said. Matt pouted, but wasn't surprised by her answer. "Do you have any other cool shoes, then?"

"Of course they make them," Alyne said, then paused to wait for her answer to Matt's question. Hmm, where else could they check..

"If you're interested in neat colours-" the sales woman began, however Matt was already taking off down the aisles, looking at all of the different shoes and leaving her behind in the dust, not listening. He was back within five minutes. "Nothing interesting. Everything's so normal." He turned to Alyne. "We need a bigger city, where fashion is all weird and stuff. We need Japan. I love Japan~" he sighed happily. He was already on his way out the door, dragging Alyne behind him when he paused in front of a display of baby shoes, plucking one up and holding it in front of Alyne's face. "Oh my- they're so cute look at them!"

"Of course, they're cute, all baby shoes are," Alyne laughed, once she recovered from being dragged around. "Now come on, let's find something else to do!"

Matt tossed the shoes back on the shelf. "I vote we find a candy store. Thanks, bye!" He called to the sales woman as he hurried out the door. "Then we can have something to munch on for the train ride!" He stopped and looked up at the sky as they stepped outside. "I think it's starting to snow... Maybe we should buy jackets..." He looked at her as a gust of wind suddenly whipped Alyne's hair around her face. "We can't be getting sick again.."

[Hey welcome back!]

[Thanks! ^^; Sorry for being gone so long]

"Okay. Let's go to that store and buy jackets," she said, pointing to the store next to the shoe store that was filled with clothing. "And then we can go find a candy store and stock up for the ride. We've got to be quick though, because we can't miss our next train and it leaves in less than an hour!" she reminded him, taking his hand in hers and walking over to the first store.

[it's okay. real life has been a pain in my butt lately too]

Matt browsed the jackets and coats before finally picking out a dark gray one that had an almost military look to it, with many shiny buttons and a high collar.

"What do you think?" He asked, modeling it for Alyne while nuzzling his chin into the high collar. It was cozy for him while making him look almost powerful- a strange combination when paired with the fact that he was so tiny in stature, and barely had the personality to suit the impression given off by the coat.