Sing for Absolution

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"You're not? But why are we here then..?" Matt pouted, a confused expression written on his face.

"No no. The choice is yours now. I'm fine here, I can just order bar food and you can drink," she offered, smiling at him. "I'm just happy to be spending time with you," she admitted after, though she had no time to hear a response since the bartender came over and she ordered a soda.

The bartender brought over the wine and the white Russian and Matt picked up the wine glass and sipped at it while staring into the small tumblr of the other drink. "I'm not always the most fun person to be around. Sometimes I can be down right boring... Like right now. Right now I'm being really boring... So I'm not sure why you're so excited to hang out with me..." he mumbled. "Even rock stars are subject to periods of being a completely normal person who has nothing exciting to say or do..."

"I know this is probably a bit surprising to hear, but not everybody wants to be on the go all the time, Matt. Yeah, having exciting adventures is awesome, but so what? This is an adventure too. I'm sitting at a bar with a friend, in a place I've never been before today. Surrounded by strangers and getting ready to leave again. You aren't boring, you're.. you're just not," she said, nearly saying something else entirely. She looked down at her soda and took a drink, thoughtful.

Matt blinked. "Oh," he stated simply, pausing with his drink halfway to his mouth. "Thank you. Uhm.. That actually means a lot. I don't know why.." He rubbed at his face and pinched his nose nervously, but his tone was sincere and genuine. Pausing, he sipped again at his drink. "I'm not good at down time..."

"You're doing good so far," she offered with a smile, taking a drink of her soda and toying with a spare drink coaster before waving the bartender over and ordering some nachos. Might as well munch since they had a while to wait. "If you get too bored, there's a karaoke machine in the corner.."

Matt eyed the karaoke machine and shook his head. "I think I'll pass, thanks," he said, offering her a small smile. "I think we should get you some glass slippers, just for the hell of it."

"I never understood the glass slippers part of the story. I mean, I'm sure they were sparkly and very exotic, but they must have been uncomfortable. And what happens when one breaks? Blood everywhere, I'm sure.." she mused, then shook her head. "Sorry, babbling," she murmured, munching a nacho to shut herself up.

"Maybe they're really especially strong glass. Or they have a magical spell cast on them so they don't break." He reached over and stole a nacho from her plate. "I bet they sound really cool when you walk."

"Ooh, maybe. Maybe someday when I'm famous I'll buy a pair to see how uncomfortable they are," she said with a grin, sliding the plate halfway between them and eating another one.

"But I'm famous already, we could just buy you a pair and see now." He took another nacho from the plate, then sipped at his wine and making a face. "Not a good combination..."

"I want shoes that have lasers on them..." he added wistfully.

"How about you get a pair of awesome light-up sneakers like kids have? Then we'll both have awesome shoes. I'll lend you that shirt that I bought that you like so much and we'll go rock the town looking completely amazing," she said with a laugh, offering him her soda.

"...Are you implying that I'm a kid...?" Matt said, though the thought of shoes that lit up excited him. He took a sip of her soda, then ordered a beer instead.

"I'm implying that light-up sneakers are the best shoes ever, you big baby."

A grin spread across Matt's face. "They are pretty sweet. And babies don't drink beer," he added with a pout.

"Depending on how much the parents suck, they might," she retorted, giggling and munching another nacho. "Want to go shopping for light-up sneakers?"

"I guess I have some pwetty shitty parents then," he said, sipping at the beer again. Lighting up when she suggested buying light up sneakers, he nodded. "Where are we even going to find something like that?" Regardless, he eyed the three drinks that sat in front of him. "Awh- I can't waste these..." He picked the wine and guzzled it, but eyed the other two drinks. "Nergh, I can't do three though...or I will be weally entertaining. And then weally sick later."

"I would offer to help, but I'm probably a supreme light weight since I've never.. y'know.." she said, eying the White Russian before looking to Matt. "I'm okay with you being entertaining!"