Show Me the World in Your Eyes

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke was surprised as the first fry his his cheek and fell the the table. He looked up at Lexie as she threw another and it hit his lips. As he tried to hold back a smile, he felt five fries be thrown at him, but he knocked them aside as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her down on his lap. He hugged around her waist and laughed as he took the box from her and dropped one down her shirt and squirted ketchup on her leg as he held her down.

He eventually let her up, but make her sit beside him this time. He kept his arm around her and kept her close to his side as they ate."You better not get a boyfriend while I'm gone okay? If you do I'll have to put the show on pause and come show him who is boss and how to treat a lady,"he says seriously.

Luke and Lexie eventually finish eating and they drive back to their own houses. Luke dresses into his black tux and grabs the corsage he bought for Lexie and drove towards the store. He bought her a teddy bear, flowers, chocolates, and a few other surprises before he put them in the back and drove over towards Lexie's house, waiting downstairs as he talked to her sister and mom.

Lexie gasped as he lunched forward and she wasn't quick enough to sprint away. He grabbed her and pulled her on his lap, she tried to hold the box tightly, but failed miserably as he snatched it from her and dropped one down her shirt and she couldn't help but laugh "You dork! Down my shirt real-" Her eyes widened when she saw him pick up the ketchup and she shook her head "You wouldn't! Lou!" She yelled but it was too late. She trashed his arms in hopes to slip away but he had got her knee painted in ketchup. Thank God her jeans were ripped, and the ketchup didn't touch the fabric but only her knee.

She glared at him playfully before he let her go "I didn't get you all ketchupish!" And yes, she did indeed say ketchup-ish. Lexie got off his lap as soon as he dropped his deathly grip. She was very aware of the girls still in the diner, but right now, she was having fun with her best friend and tried not to care. She stood up and cleaned herself up, muttering at her best friend.

When Lexie went to sit down again, Luke was quick to grab her chair and pull it next to him so he'd wrap his arm around her and kept her close. At his comment, Lexie raised a curious eyebrow "Awww is little Lou jealous someone might take his place and hang out with me more?" She teased and nudged his side playfully.

When they were done, they paid and got out. Luke drove her to her house and she was quick to take a shower, she smelled like ketchup because of Luke now. Once she was done, and smelled like Coconut instead, she was satisfied. She did her perfect make up, and decided to curl her hair , since she didn't do that too often and her make up and dress did go well with the style. When she was done, she pulled on her sexy black dress, and her black heels before looking at herself in the mirror and smiling. Putting her Cherry perfume, she walked out of her room and down the stairs to meet Luke, her sister having told her he was waiting downstairs.

barbara-palvin-by-xevi-muntanc3a9-for-harper_s-bazaar-spain-june-2014-7s.jpg
fw8ggRm0SX_Faviana_2014_Prom_Dresses-Black_Glitter_Jersey_Mesh_Prom_Dress.jpg
jHeIfh3h6c_Faviana_2014_Prom_Dresses-Black_Glitter_Jersey_Mesh_Prom_Dress.jpg

(Hair of the Dress's model.)

Last edited by a moderator:
As Luke heard footsteps at the bottom of the stairs, he stood and made his way over to them and waited until Lexie was near the bottom to take her hand. When he saw her, he smiled his small devilish smile and took her hand, helping her down the last few steps and into the living room where her mother was begging to take pictures of them.

Luke chuckled and pulled Lexie close to him as he wrapped an arm around her waist and held her hand up so he could put the corsage on it. Luke smiled and then turned towards her mother so that they could take pictures of him and Lexie. They did a few really good pictures and got a couple on Luke's phone and Lexie's phone before they took some goofy ones. After her mother was done taking pictures and making sure she lectured Luke about driving safe and letting them know how the flight went, the two best friends were off towards the prom.

As they pulled into the parking lot and parked close, Luke got out and helped Lexie out. As they walked towards the entrance and they noticed people staring, Luke didn't mind, he just pulled Lexie by his side so he could whisper to her."So incase I haven't told you lately.... you look gorgeous,"he said chuckling as they got their picture taken and they all walked inside. They soon met with the other boys and their dates, and introduced themselves before they started dancing.

As Lexie made her way down the stairs, the only thought running through her mind, was how she wouldn't forgive herself if she fell. She was a weird girl. She looked up when she heard footsteps and saw Luke standing there, waiting for her and as she neared down, he gave her his hand to help and she took it gladly, smiling at him.

When they made their way to the living room, her mother instantly teared up and began complimenting the two of them, saying how proud she was and how good they both looked and it was when she started bringing up embarrassing stories about the two when they were kinds that Lexie stopped her "Just take the pictures mom, I know you're dying to." She chuckled and her mother grinned. Her sister stood back and smiled hugely at Lexie, proud as well. When Lexie turned to Luke as he pulled her close to him, and he showed her the corsage and she grinned "It's beautiful" She whispered as he put it around her wrist. The pictures they than took turned out to be great, not like Lexie had thought she would look at all. She was used to Luke looking good on camera, his face on every music video, every social media, gave that out, he was a ridiculously photogenic guy. When they were done swapping pictures from the camera to their phones, they were ready to go.

When they got to the prom, Lexie waited for Luke to help her up. She wasn't that keen on dressing up in long classy dresses like the one she was wearing, she was always a ripped jeans, shorts kind of girl. When they made their way in, she could feel the staring eyes and she got a bit nervous, she wasn't one to like the spotlight, and Luke knew that. As she squeezed his hand, while standing close for their picture, he simply leaned close and whispered in her ear, which made her grin, the photographer rather taking a couple of pictures instead of one. She turned to look at him and kissed his cheek "Thank you, you look handsome as well." She whispered as they made their way to their friends. Once the guys' dates introduced themselves and everyone got comfortable in this elegant night, the music got louder and the dancing began.

The whole night, consisted of dancing, drinking and just having fun while they could. A grin plastered on her face the whole night as she stayed by Luke's side, not that he'd let her out of his sight that night. But the prom night was slowly ending, the music turned slow, and the announcement of prom queen and king were the only thing left after a couple of slow songs. But for now, they enjoyed the slow songs as Lexie wrapped her arms around Luke's neck and stayed close while they danced. She looked up at him and smiled "After the whole day being together, how am I supposed to let you get on that flight tonight?" She chuckled, but her words were true and she did feel the pang she had been feeling everytime they brought that up "If I cry tonight, you better not laugh at me Mister." She jokingly threatened, tightening her arms around his neck as she pulled him into a hug "Don't forget me alright?" She whispered as they hugged. She did have that fear, of him forgetting her with all the fans, the concerts, the parties, everything. And she just hopped she wouldn't loose her best friend to fame.

As the two danced slowly, Luke pulled Lexie into him as his arms slid around her waist and he rested his cheek against the side of her head as they talked and danced slowly."If you cry tonight then I don't know if I'll be able to leave,"he says chuckling a little as he kissed the side if her head and held her close. As the night was ending and the music got slower, all he could think about was how in less than six hours he was going to be on a plane taking him miles and miles away from his one true best friend.

As Lexie tightened her grip on Luke's neck, he pulled her closer as well and lifted her up so that her feet were on his and he was spinning them around, holding her waist tightly. As she whispered to him, his voice caught in his throat and he shook his head. When he was able to speak again, he hugged her tightly,"I couldn't never forget you, even if I wanted to. And believe me, I don't want to. Everyday I'll wake you up with a text, I'll Skype you until you fall asleep, and I'll call you before every concert. I will never forget you. Remember that,"he said kissing her head again, not wanting to let go of his best friend.

As they danced around and around until the last song came to an end, Luke held on to Lexies hand as they began to announce the prom king and queen. Luke sat down beside Lexie at a small table along with he other boys and their dates as a few wpeople began to talk, about to announce the winner.

When Luke put Lexie down again, she stayed close, their bodies pressed as they moved around while hugging. They both didn't want the night to end, because then, Luke would be miles away while she stayed in their hometown. Lexie smiled at his words, reassuring her that he would never forget about her. She hoped so, she really really hoped so. She closed her eyes as he kissed the side of her head and she sighed, she really was going to miss her tall goofy best friend.

When they sat back at the their table with the boys, who looked rather upset as well when they saw Lexie's slight change of mood as the flight was nearer and nearer. She loved Luke, he would always be her best friend, but she loved the boys too. She'd known them for long as well, and they'd always be there for her next to Luke whenever she needed them. She remembered even once, when the band was rehearsing and Calum and Ashton saw her a bit upset about something, they both just took a break and started dancing goofily until she cracked up and burst out laughing. She'll miss everyone, that was for sure.

As they all looked up while the principal spoke, four buzzing phones made everyone on their table look down. Lexie glanced at Luke's phone as he unlocked it and read the message, the slight smile on the four boys' faces disappearing all too suddenly. The four looked at each other, and Lexie didn't need more to figure it out. That always happened, change of time, place, even flights apparently. And when she and Luke locked gazes, she beat him and spoke before he would apologize for the night being cut shortly "Let's go, I'll drive you all." She looked at the boys too, knowing their luggage were already with the crew, having picked them up earlier so the boys would go directly to the airport. She smiled softly at them, and tried her best to keep it together, and dammit that was hard to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke was devastated more when he read the text message he received more than he had been ever in his life before. He loved his band and he loved his career more than anything, but he hated leaving, especially when his good night's are cut short. With a groaned and an apologetic look, Luke and the boys and Lexie all stood up and made their way back to the car.

As they all got in, the three boys locked in the back and Lexie and Luke in the front, Luke's heart broke with ever passing minute. No one spoke as they drove to the airport and even as they started walking towards the plane, Luke didn't say anything to Lexie. He let the other boys hug her and tell her goodbye and they all loaded into the plane. When Luke turned to Lexie, his eyes became soft and he instantly pulled her into a hug.

"Text me when you get home so I know you're okay. I'll call you tomorrow morning when we get there. Listen to me, keep them boys away from you,okay? And I'll call you tomorrow. I love you. Remember that I will never forget you as long as you don't forget me. It's only going to be a few weeks before I see you again, and then we will have the time of our life. Stay strong okay? Love you,"he says hugging her tightly. He eventually pulled away when their manager said they had to go, and Luke pulled back and kissed her cheek for a moment before he got on the plane.

Lexie knew how important their career was, and she didn't blame luke, the boys or even the band and management for cutting the night short. She knew rehearsals had to be done earlier than before, and concerts were selling out even more than anyone expected. That's why their flight was rescheduled. As she drove them, no one spoke up, and even the radio was turned off. Everyone was lost in their own thoughts, to Lexie, it was her memories with the boys playing in her mind all along the way.

When they got to the airport, she first hugged Michael who told her to take care of his games -which he dropped by a week ago saying he does not trust his mother with them and thinks she'll take the opportunity and throw them out- she chuckled at his words and hugged him back "Nice to know you'll miss me buddy." Michael squeezed her and smiled "You know I'll miss you, no need for me to make it all the more dramatic." She laughed lightly and let him go before Calum attacked her with a hug and made her chuckle at that "Without you, the videos won't be the same" She laughed as he referred to all the videos they had made, especially about her and Luke childishly fighting. They both said their goodbyes and Ashton followed suit, hugging her tightly, he was like her big brother "I expect you to be good at drums the next time I'll see you, got that ?" That only made her smile and finally tear up, the boys were really a big part of her life. When they finally let go of each other, Ashton ruffled her hair and she scolded at him, their usual gestures before he followed his bandmates.

When Luke finally stood in front of her, she found it hard to keep her tears in, especially when he started talking to her like the big protective best friend he was. She smiled, but it was obvious she felt like not smiling at all, and she tried her best to hold back her tears "Even saying goodbye, you're acting like my dad." she joked in a small voice and smiled at him "I love you too. Take care of yourself, and don't get too dragged into those druggie parties. If you change Lou, I'll come down there and kill you myself. Keep that amazing personality of yours untouched. I'll never forget about you, and you're right, we'll see each other soon." She hugged him back, just as tight, burying her face in the crook of his neck as she felt a tear slide down. When the manager's voice pulled them out of their hug, she quickly wiped the tear away and smiled lightly when he kissed her cheek. She watched him get into the plane and finally turned around, letting her tears fall as she bit her lower lip and left.

That night, Lexie found it hard to sleep, without Luke beside her to sing to her to sleep, or his texts asking if she fell asleep or bringing some stupid subject up at 3 in the morning. Or even his voice on the phone.. Instead of any of that, all she got was utter silence, and she couldn't but let the tears fall for a few minutes before she fell asleep.

When she woke up the next day, Kate and Amy were on each side of her bed "Come on! Get up! We're not letting you drown in your sorrow! We're taking you to the mall. Shopping always helps" Amy smirked at her friend and Kate raised her hand with a huge box of ice cream in her hand "And ice cream, Ice cream heels all wounds and empty holes in your heart." Lexie smiled at her best friend and sat up, taking the ice cream from Kate who handed her a spoon, and gave Amy on and the two sat next to her and shared the delicious cookies and cream ice cream "Thank you girls. We'll finish that and head to the mall." She didn't care that it was still ten in the morning and eating ice cream that early, she was sad, and wanted to eat her sweets. She was known for being a sucker for sweets.

When Luke arrived to the hotel they would be staying at,he walked into his room and tossed his bags in a corner. He changed into his boxers and a loose pair of shorts before he flopped down on his bed and tried to sleep. He never actually did get to go to sleep, he was worried because he never received a text message from Lexie saying that she was at home and safe.

The next morning as soon as he knew she would be awake, Luke dialed her phone number as he pulled on. A pair of jeans and looked in the mirror. As it rang, and she finally answered, he smiled at her voice."About time you answered. Where the hell was that text I was suppose to get? Don't tell me you fell asleep because I know you didn't until late,"he said scolding her. After he was done scolding her, he sighed and pulled a shirt on and applied deodorant and cologne.

"So how was the first night? Today is basically just a relax day until later tonight when we have the first concert, but nothing big is going on until tomorrow,"Luke said, chattering away, glad to be talking to his best friend again. Although it had only been 9 hours, it felt like eternity and he hated it.

He neve considered her being with other people, so he sighed as he heard someone talking behind her."I'll call you later tonight and we can FaceTime and you can tell me all about your day. I'll text you later, I think me and the boys are going shopping. Have a good day, bye,"he said hanging up.

Luke finished getting ready and then grabbed his wallet, slipping it the back of his jeans along with his phone. As he walked out he noticed the other three waiting for him. He chuckled and rolled his eyes, they all knowing that he had been talking to Lexie. As they walked towards the elevator and made their way to the truck that took them everywhere, they asked about her and he told them.

Soon enough they were at the mall and walking around, shopping for their own things. Luke got himself a few new pairs of clothes and even got Lexie quite a few things for when they saw each other. After the boys ate lunch, they decided to head back to the hotel and swim for awhile before they had to practice for the concert.

Kate and Amy were both chatting along with Lexie when she finally heard the slight buzzing of her phone on the bedside table. Getting up and stepping away from the two girls a bit, she didn't need to look on the caller I.D to know it was Luke. She smiled and answered "Hey!" But her smile quickly disappeared when he asked her about then text her was supposed to receive. What would she tell him? She got blurry eyes and tears falling all night long so she couldn't even try to text even if she wanted to? That she was too sad and upset to even remember until she was practically asleep and couldn't even get up and text even if she had the energy? She bit her lip as he scolded her and looked out her balcony "I did fall asleep late, but I'm sorry I didn't text, you know me.. I forget things." She chuckled, trying to cover up the whole being awake all night and crying subject.

Lexie sighed "It wasn't good" She knew there was no need for her to lie, he'd catch on, he always does "But it went by, so that's alright." As she heard him speak, she frowned lightly "You sure about that Lou? I think I heard on the radio yesterday while driving home that you had an interview today" She chuckled and teased her friend "Do I need to be the one reminding you of stuff now?" As they both laughed and joked, Amy yelled at Kate amusingly while Kate tried to steal the ice cream box from Amy, and it apparently was loud enough for Luke to hear and she heard him sigh. She frowned at his words, she didn't want to hang up, not yet anyway! It's been nine hours, she never spent nine hours without talking then only had two minutes! Two minutes were never going to be enough. But she couldn't but sigh and agree to his suggestion "Okay, tell the boys I said hi! And have fun at the mall! Be careful, talk to you tonight. Bye."

When she was done, she turned only to have her friends eyes on her "Was that Luke?" Lexie nodded and Kate clicked her tongue amusingly "You two can't stay away from each other even miles away can you?" Lexie smiled at Kate "Nope, and we don't want to." She stuck her tongue out, her mood a bit more cheerful now that she spoke to Luke.

Finally, the girls decided to get their lazy butts to the mall and so Lexie stood up, took a quick shower and pulled on a pair of jeans shorts and a black t-shirt with AC/DC on it, then she pulled on her black converse and put her usual cherry cologne and went out with the girls.

As soon as they were at the mall, Amy was already dragging the two to the stores and buying rather a lot while Lexie and Kate laughed and made fun of the super excited Amy, probably because of the sugar rush she was having caused by the excess of ice cream. Lexie kept thinking back to the last trip to the mall with the guys, and how Luke pinned her on the floor and tickled her in a store, and how they got everything so chaotic, they had to run out before the manager came at them. She smiled softly at that memory and continued the shopping trip, ignoring a few girls every now and then. She had no idea what was it all about, the staring and all, but it was getting uncomfortable for her.

Luke walked out of his hotel room with a pair of swimming trunks on, and met the boys all down at the pool. They swam for about two hours before they were drug out of the pool by their manager and told that they had to shower and get ready for their interview. Luke smiled, remember Lexie's voice reminding him about it, and he hopped out and hurried to his room

After he was shower and changed into a pair of ripped, black skinny jeans and had on a white nirvana shirt he had bought at the mall, Luke slipped his converse on and hurried to the bus that took them to the interview that was on the radio and TV live. Luke wasn't nervous about it though, he was excited for the thrill.

As they arrived and introduced themselves to the host, Stacy, they all sat down and began the interview. They all started out by asking normal questions about the fans, concerts, music, inspirations, and then a question caught Luke off guard."So Luke... we hear you have a new lady friend. Lexie is her name I think?" Stacy smiled brightly as they pulled up pictures of the two from the many days before.

"Lexie's his best friend,"Michael and Calum both say chuckling."But I think he likes her,"Ashton pipes up, laughing at Luke's bright red expression. "Lexie and I are friends... best friends... that's all,"Luke said embarrassed.

Lexie couldn't take it anymore, wherever she went, the stares stayed. Some were shocked, others happy and some even curious. Why would they look at her with curiosity? Better yet, why would they look at her at all?

As she went through the shirts in one store, Kate stood beside her and acted as if she was looking through the shirts too as she whispered to Lexie "Lex, what's up with all the stares?" Lexie sighed and looked at her friend "I know right? I have no idea what-" "Sorry, are you Lexie?" A girl's voice interrupted the two and Lexie turned to her, frowning lightly at the young girl who held a magazine to her chest "Uhm, yeah?" She really didn't know how to deal with strangers, that was always Luke's job. If it were a fan, or simply someone they were taking directions from to some place they never been to before, or even when ordering the food, it was always Luke's job to talk to people Lexie had no idea about. She was just not that comfortable around them.

The girl, and her friends grinned up at Lexie "You're Luke Hemmings girlfriend?!" "Wait what?" Lexie was quick to ask, feeling her heart start to race as the girls showed her the magazine. A picture of Luke holding her down on his lap in Jo's Diner, another as they made their way to the ballroom at prom and he had his face leaned down while whispering in her ear, and another of them in the airport as Luke kissed her cheek.

And all Lexie could do was stare. This was not happening while Luke wasn't around. No way, this was not happening. She kept chanting in her mind. She knew that this day would come, but she thought she'd have Luke beside her to help her through it, not be miles and miles away. She had no idea what to do and instead Kate stepped up "No girls, she's not his girlfriend, she's his best friend. Although we all ship them together." She joked with the girls who giggled and asked Lexie a couple of questions about Luke, but she was just too tongue-tied that her two friends had to excuse her from the girls and drag her away.

As they got out of the store, Lexie turned to Kate "You ship us?" She asked rather surprised, and Kate grinned while Amy responded "We all do Lex, you two are just so cute together!" "We?" Lexie kept asking questions like she just woke up in a strange world and had no idea what was going on "Yeah, us, the guys, every single person you two know." Lexie blushed at Kate's words "We're just really good friends, best friends even but not more!" She defended and the girls laughed.

Just as they rounded a corner, a bunch of other girls ran up to Lexie and she widened her eyes "Lexie! How do Luke's lips taste like?" Wait, WHAT?! Lexie stared at the girl like she had two heads, Amy stifled back a laugh and Kate was the one who answered as she drove Lexie away "She doesn't know, best friends don't kiss girls!" She sent them a smile and then turned to her friends "Maybe we should go home." Lexie nodded and as they all piled in Amy's car, Lexie spoke up "Did a thirteen year old really ask me about Luke's lips?" The girls burst out and laughed while Lexie had a weirded out look on her face, that was.. interesting.

When they got to Lexie's house, Lexie had started to panic "Oh God have you seen the pictures? We're everywhere!" She yelled as they stepped into her house and the three of them checked the social media sites, all of them "Oh God this is so messed up!" Different articles were everywhere but apparently, in Luke's latest interview, he had cleared things out which died down the rumors of them being together slightly. The girls trief to comfort her "Look it's not that bad! Hey let's talk about something else!" "Did we tell you , you and Luke won as prom queen and king?" Lexie snapped her eyes to Amy as she spoke "What, really?" Amy nodded "Yeah but you had already left so," She shrugged and Lexie couldn't help but feel a bit upset that their night was so shorty cut off and they couldn't even claim their crowns and she was now exposed.

She really could have needed Luke's company right now, but she knew he had a concert tonight.

When the interview finally ended, the boys were taken straight towards the practice room where the guitars, drums, and keyboard was waiting. They all set up and began to practice a little, but Luke couldn't get his mind off the interview. Everywhere he turned to look there were pictures or headlines about him and Lexie. He knew she wasn't doing so well, so he told himself he would call her as soon as the concert was over. As they began to practice, Luke let his mind drift to his music.
---
When the concert finally ended, it was nearly 10:30 that night. Luke yawned tiredly but as soon as he saw a picture of him and Lexie walking together with his arm around her, he growled and instantly woke up. He snatched the paper and took it with him as they drove back towards the hotel. All the boys told him to tell Lexie they said hi, and told him not to worry about it too much.

As he made his way into his room and took his shirt off, he tossed it in his hamper and pulled his jeans off. He pulled on a pair of shorts and then dialed Lexie's familiar number, waiting for her to answer so they could FaceTime. When she finally answered, his stiff face softened and he sighed,"Hey Lexie. How are you doing?"he asked.

He knew she was going to try to be strong, and he hated when she did that. He wanted her to just be honest and just tell him how she was. He hated that fact that she felt like she needed to be strong when he was there for her to talk to and depend on. He just wished he really was there...

Kate and Amy tried their best to cheer her up, but Lexie would just stare down at her phone and slip it away from them when they try to take it away from her. She couldn't believe it, there were all kind of picture of them, holding hands, Luke's arm around her, hugging, walking, playing fight, even eating! Oh God this was a whole mess.

Eventually, the girls had to go, and Lexie was left alone to try and process everything. She took a deep breath and made her way upstairs to her room. For the first time ever, she was alone in her house, something Luke never let happen when he was around. She couldn't help but miss him already and it wasn't even 24 hours yet!

When she changed into her sweats, pulling on Luke's black hoodie on her and her grey sweat shorts before pulling her hair in a messy bun. Just then, her phone rang and she ran to get it. When she saw it was a facetime from Luke, she smiled and sat on her bed before answering his call "Hey Luke, I'm fine, how was the concert?" She tried to change the subject, throwing him a smile hiding her panicking and racing heart.

"The concert was fine.. Come on babe, talk to me. I know you already heard... I got a text from Kate and Amy, so just talk to me, please,"Luke said sighing as he laid back and looked at her. He turned and smiled, happy to see her face, but upset about everything going on. As he flipped on to his stomach and held the phone in front of him, he played with his lip ring as they talked and she told him everything.

"Don't worry about it. I cleared it up in the interview, and the boys said everything will calm down in a few days anyway, just relax, okay?"he asked as he let his hand drop as he looked at her."I promise I'll clear everything up in the next couple interviews and if anything, let them think what they want. They're just jealous anyway,"he said laughing quietly, knowing it was late and the other boys were probably asleep already.

As they talked and chatted about everything else, Luke smiled, not tored at all now that he was able to talk to her."I told you I wasn't going to forget about you. Today I didn't get to talk much but it'll be different.. we just have to get into the whole thing first,"Luke said."But every night it'll be like this. I promise."

Lexie sighed as Luke told her to talk to him. She just never liked to pour her problems out even on Luke, because she'd feel like a burden, and weak. But she took a deep breath and told Luke all about it. She got so into it as she told him about the hectic day, how she got practically cornered by girls, then some others came up to her that she shook her head as she told him the last crazy encounter "And then, there's this thirteen year old girl, she comes up to me and you know what she asked? She didn't ask for anything but how your lips felt. How.Weird.Is.That." She said with a poker face on as Luke laughed.

But she couldn't help but laugh as well, his laugh was simply too contagious. And beautiful. Whenever she told him he had a nice laugh he'd just joke and tell her to shut up, but she was serious, her dork had a nice laugh. When he promised her everything would be alright she sighed "I just wish we were just.. you know.. not miles away" She laughed lightly at that "Did I tell you? The girls told me that we won Prom queen and king titles ! But we had left so, yeah.." She kept a small sad smile on her face as she sighed "I miss you."

When he promised her everything would be alright, and that they'd talk more she smiled at him "I hope so, but you know I wouldn't blame you if you didn't though I would understand, I mean with everything going on.." She trailed off but shook her head as she slid down on her bed and laid down on her stomach, letting the phone lean on the headset, as she looked at Luke "You'd tell me if you were to meet any of my idols right? Like Ed, or the freaking coldplay, or anyone else, right? I'd kill you if you didn't tell me Lou." She mumbled jokingly as she got comfortable on the bed, feeling rather tired now that they had been talking for nearly an hour, and it was already two in the morning here. But she didn't want to stop talking to Luke, even if that meant falling asleep while they still were speaking.

"Of course I'll tell you. It must be late there, so I'll let you sleep, alright?"Luke asked with a smile. He sighed,"I miss you a lot. I love you too, so be good. I'll text you tomorrow. Goodnight,"Luke said. He didn't hang up though, and Lexie knew he wasn't going to. He just wanted to wait until she was asleep first. Luke sang her a soft song from one of her favorite bands before he hung up the phone. With that, he instantly fell asleep.
---
Luke woke up tiredly as he turned over, groaning and turning the alarm on his phone off. As he pulled up his messages, he quickly texted Lexie with his normal good morning texts. 'Hey gorgeous, I have a lot to do today but have fun and stay safe. I'll talk to you as soon as I can!' As he sent the message, Luke walked into the bathroom to shower.

After Luke's shower he cleaned his hotel room as spotless as it could get, awaiting his best friends arrival later that night. As he walked out and towards the bus where he met with the other boys, he let the long day begin where they were busy with interviews, photo shoots, practice, and finally the concert.

Luke walked into the final photo shoot where the other boys were already dressed into their regular attire, and he was wearing white skinny jeans and a black t-shirt Lexie had bought him on his birthday the year before. As the photo shoot began, Luke was smiling bigger than ever, knowing any minute his best friend would be with him. When he finally heard the familiar squeal and felt the nudges from Ashton and Calum, Luke turned just in time to catch his best friend in his arms. He smiled brightly, bigger than ever as he wrapped on arm around her waist and the other cupping underneath her legs. He spun her around lightly and hugged her tightly,"Hapoy birthday beautiful,"he says kissing her cheek.

It's bee nearly two weeks since Luke left and Lexie was feeling his absence everyday. Sure, the texting, facetime, skype, those never stopped, but she missed him being around her, and his touch, his hugs and even his teasing. She woke up on her birthday with her mother standing over her which was weird since her mother never ever was home when Lexie woke up, she'd always be at the hospital still working "Good morning and happy birthday baby girl!" Her mother greeted her and Lexie sat up on the bed with a lazy smile on her face, her phone buzzed beside her as she spoke to her mom "Good morning, thank you. How come you're home?" She asked softly as she picked her phone up and read Luke's message.

She was a bit bummed that he wouldn't be able to talk to her, but she knew he had a big day, he'd been telling her all about it all week long now. But what really bummed her was that he didn't even tell her happy birthday. But she tried her best to stay positive and sent him a text back Good morning! Have fun with your big day okay? I'll answer whenever you call x.

When Lexie looked up, she noticed her mother zipping up a suitcase and she rose an eyebrow "What are you doing?" She asked curiously and her mother looked up with a smile "We're traveling! It's a surprise babygirl, just get dressed we need to go to the airport to catch our flight!" Her mother's words surprised her and she grinned "Really?! I really wish Luke could travel with us though" She sighed and got out of bed, her mother biting the inside of her cheek before walking out of her daughter's room "Well babygirl, I guess it's just you and me and Lilly this time." She said as she walked out, referring to Lexie's sister.

It was four hours later when Lexie's plane landed and she tried to ask her mother more about where they were, what were they going to do but her mother waited until they were in the hotel's lobby before speaking up "Babygirl, this is your room. Go." She handed her a card as the key and Lexie frowned "We're not sharing?" Her mother shook her head and pushed her daughter "Go! I'll meet you here in ten minutes, put your suitcase away and change your clothes."

Lexie made her way up to her room with a frown on her face. Se was so confused to what was going on but she did as her mother told her. When she got into the room, she noticed the other suitcase on the floor. For a moment she thought they booked her the wrong room, but when she stepped into the bedroom and the scent of cologne hit her, she had the biggest grin ever.

She'd recognize Luke's cologne anywhere, and because of that, she squealed and put her suitcase aside, quickly picking out a pair of ripped faded blue shorts, Luke's black nirvana t-shirt which she had stolen a while back and her matching black converse. She checked her light make up which consisted of a black eyeliner with a small tail, and her nude lipstick before making her way downstairs quickly, meeting her mother who laughed when she saw Lexie's grin "How did you know?" She asked and Lexie chuckled "I'd recognize Luke's cologne anywhere!"

Her mother than, explained everything, that it was all Luke's idea and gift, which only warmed Lexie's heart. And to think he forgot to tell her happy birthday over the phone. When they got to the arena, it was already packed outside, girls surrounded the place, waiting outside until the gates were open and Lexie had to shove her way through, but she didn't mind, she just wanted to see Luke already. She heard some girls yell her name Shit, maybe i should've waited for security. Just then, two huge guys were around her, like they appeared out of nowhere. They guided her in through the backdoor and into the backstage. Lexie kept looking around for any sign of her blond best friend and finally saw him with the guys having a photoshoot.

But that didn't stop her.

She squealed and ran, Ashton was the first to turn and see her, and then Calum. Both nudged Luke who turned just in time as Lexie threw her hands around his neck and legs around his waisit, nuzzling her face in the crook of his neck. His words sent chills down her body as she hugged him tightly and he kissed her cheek "I missed you! I missed you so so much!" She mumbled against his neck, not wanting to let go just yet. She pulled away slightly, staying in his hold, and she kissed his cheek hard "I love you! I love you so damn much!" She squealed "Thank you! Thank you!" She rambled like an idiot, a little bit too excited. She could hear the clicks of cameras, and the chuckles from the guys but she didn't care for now. She was happy she was with Luke on her birthday.

"I love you too! I missed you too,"he said laughing as she held on to his neck and looked at him. The look on her face made him smile so much brighter than he had before. The feel of her touching him and hugging him made him feel so much better. He kissed her cheek again and carried her off the photo shoot and sat down with her on a couch as they talked."Of course! I couldn't stay away from you!"he said laughing."Even the FaceTime and texts away calls weren't good enough for me... I missed you way too much,"he said pulling her into a long, tight hug again.

After the boys finished up the photo shoot, the concert finally began. Halfway through the show, Luke paused and asked the crowd how they were doing."Hey guys! So as many of you have seen, I have a really close friend... Lexie. She's my best friend, and she means the world to me. Today is her birthday, so we just wanted to take a few minutes to wish her a happy birthday, and even sing for her. So Lexie... you don't have to come out? I know how shy you are, but this is for you! Sing along guys,"Luke said as they sang Lexie happy birthday.

When the concert was over, it was late, very late. By the time they were back at the hotel it was nearly one AM, and the boys all instantly fell asleep when they hit their beds. Luke slowly picked his tired friend up and carried her into their room and laid her on the bed. He took her shoes off and tossed them by his shoes and his shirt before he climbed into the bed beside her. He pulled her close to him and hugged her tightly, glad to finally have her back in his arms.

Lexie couldn't get the smile off her face as Luke kissed her cheek again and brought her over to the couch, sitting down with her on his lap, her legs still around him. She smiled at his words and played with his shirt "Me neither ! I mean the facetime's great and the texts are so sweet of you by the way, but I need to be just like this. Not virtually speaking only." She referred to her being in his arms. But as much as she would've loved stealing Luke away for the whole day, they still had the photoshoot to finish and the concert.

Everything was going great, amazing even. The concert was bigger than ever, the fans were very excited and kept screaming and singing along, and the boys were having the time of their lives. Lexie stood just behind the stage, watching as Luke jumped around the stage and sang, making the crowd sing too and goofed around with Calum, Michael even Ashton who was drumming away. She was grinning the whole time, until suddenly in the middle of the concert, Luke spoke of her, and asked for everyone to sing. Lexie's mouth dropped open as she stared at the nearly millions of people singing happy birthday to her. She debated on going up to him or not, but her fear got the better of her, I mean, it's millions of eyes staring!

As soon as the concert was over, she engulfed Luke in a big tight hug "Thank you so much for today! Especially that little stunt out there on stage you sneaky handsome lovely big guy" She complimented him and laughed lightly even though everyone was pretty tired, including her. As they made their way back, Lexie somehow fell asleep in the car, cuddling up to Luke. She woke up a little when he picked her up to get her to their room but she only smiled and nuzzled into him as he carried her upstairs. And as soon as she felt his presence on the bed next to her, she shuffled closer and he pulled her closer as well, cuddling up like they always do. She had missed this. Silently, she mumbled sleepily "Goodnight Lou, love you and thank you." She whispered softly before falling asleep instantly, not aware of the huge rumors that were just now, even in the middle of the night, being published.

Status
Not open for further replies.