Show Me the World in Your Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the next few days, Luke and Lexie had the time of their lives. They go to the mall, go shopping, sing, perform at concerts, party, go to water parks, swim, and do everything imaginable. They went to an amusement park for an entire day and bought all the food they could eat and went on every ride they were allowed to. The band was succeeding in their music exceptionally and found out their next destination to perform at when they got back from their first break home: Panama City Beach, Florida!

Luke and the boys were excited about this, mainly because they had never been there before, or at least not together, and they couldn't wait to go to all the things down there and have the time of their lives. Of course elude would miss Lexie more than anything, but he would always get her flew down there again...

Although they were having the time of their life the week they got together, Luke and Lexie noticed the headlines and the pictures that had been taken. Pictured of Luke and Lexie hugging and talking and laughing, even a few of them kissing each other on the cheek. Their manager wasn't very happy about it, but the boys and even Lexie knew that he was okay with it. Throughout every interview, talk show, photo shoot, and even most social media sights, Lexie and Luke's relationship was brought up. Everyone wanted to know if they were really just friend, or more... they wanted to know why best friends kiss on the cheek, or hold hands,or hug like him and Lexie do. Luke always brushed it off, that is until Luke got a hold of Calum's camera with the videos and pictures of them.

Taking the chance of opportunity, Luke downloaded all the pictures and videos of him and Lexie onto his computer, and began looking through them when he was alone. That was when he first realized that they did act more like a couple than best friends, but he wasn't sure what to think of it. When he asked his band mates and best friends, they all told him the truth, exactly what he was thinking. Luke denied having feelings for his best friend, sure that they were just crazy and continued on throughout the week without a word about it to Lexie.

Now, it was the fourth day, and is was bound to be the best day of their life. All Luke had to do was wait for Lexie to meet him and the boys backstage after the concert so they could go to the biggest party of the tour.

All through Lexie's visit, the only thing she had felt was pure happiness. She always imagined going on tour with the boys, seeing what it was like, but the experience itself was completely different. In their hometown, the boys were never bombed with fans and never had paparazzi following them everywhere because they were home. But here, cameras were everywhere, fans tried their best to catch their favorite band whenever they could and the boys often had to call security to get them out either of the mall, the arena or anywhere really. But as much as Lexie felt uncomfortable in these situations, Luke's arms would wrap around her small body and pull her in front of him as they walked with Ashton in front of her, as if shielding her from every curious eye. But they did not miss the headlines, or rumors, and Lexie watched every interview, where Luke got questioned about the two of them and always corrected them as best friends only.

Even with the whole media thing, pictures and videos that went viral of them running around, Luke catching her by the waist from behind and lifting her up when she tries to run away from him, Lexie pinning Luke down when he snatches her precious phone away from her and refuses to give it to him -Honestly, Lexie had no idea how she got her tall blond best friend to fall on his back, but he did and she pinned him down- Lexie was beginning to feel less and less uncomfortable, because the time that she spent with Luke and the boys was totally worth the rumors. She was having the time of her life, and she was very grateful for Luke's huge birthday gift of getting her here.

Through the days, Lexie never suspected anything, about the rumors and the questions, she brushed them off because for some reason, she didn't want to think about it too much. She didn't want to overthink. She was having fun with her boys and her Lou, and she was content with that.

Luke did seem a bit distracted after the first two days though. That didn't stop them from having the time of their lives, but she did notice his slight distraction, his thinking expression was worrying her and she asked him about it but he always brushed it off, saying it was nothing and then distracting her with something else. She didn't like that he was keeping something from her, he never keeps anything from her, but she figured he'd tell her when he'd be comfortable about talking about it.

Now, it was the forth day. And Lexie had a surprise for Luke. He always wanted her to watch a live concert. Not from the backstage, but in the crowd. She didn't know why, maybe he wanted to see the expression on her face or maybe just to be sure she was there for him, but he always asked her and she'd refuse to, afraid to attract attention. But now that they were very much exposed, she wanted to try it out. So she told Luke that while they were performing, she was going shopping with her mother and sister, when in fact she had talked to Calum about it and he arranged it for her to be in the crowd, first row, right across the stage.

When the show was starting up, she went with a security guard who guided her to her place, which was in a standing crowd. She smiled at him gratefully and then focused on the stage. Which was huge. The crowd was even more huge. She wondered how the boys could get up their so confidently and perform so freely. When the show was two minutes from starting she sent a text to Luke :Have a good time up there! You're going to kill it ;) And remember to smile more, it kills the ladies x

When her usual teasing and joking words were sent, she put her phone in her pocket and looked up just as the show was sixty seconds from starting. Hopefully nobody would care to recognize her when the boys would be standing a few feet away from them.

As Luke got on the stage, he looked around the crowded arena and smiled. He loved more than anything to see the band's fan having the time of heir life watching them do what they loved the most. Of course Luke was bummed that Lexie wasn't going to watch this performance because they were performing a new sing since it was the last concert in this city. Every time they were having the last concert in the city, the boys performed a new song that had never been released yet, all adding up to the end of their album.

As Luke began the first song, he bent down, touching a few girls hands as they smiled and laughed, even sending a few winks out to them. Then he noticed a familiar nail polish that he had applied, and he looked up to see his best friends face. Luke smiled at Lexie as he grabbed her hand and debated whether or not to pull her up with him, but decided against it. As he dropped her hand and stood back up, he continued the show with more pride, courage, and love in his eyes and smile than ever before.

As the show finally came to an end, the boys all took deep breaths and began the next song, the last song, that was the new song. "Hey guys, the show is almost over, but before we send you all home, we have a new song to perform for you. This has never been released, so you will be the first to hear it. Are you ready? This is called 'Mrs All American', I hope you enjoy it!"

As the boys began the first few cords, Luke smiled and looked at Lexie, sending her a final wink before they sang the newest song. As they finished up the concert, the boys all said their thanks to the city and said their goodbyes before walking offstage. They all went to their dressing rooms and changed into more comfortable but still 'sexy' clothes, as their manager said. Luke walked back out and greeted his best friend with a hug as he picked her up and spun her around,"You! I love you! I love you! I love you! Did you like it? How was it? Are you ready for the best party of our lives?!"

As the boys got on stage, she could see them smile at the crowd in pride and love, they really did love doing this more than anything. When her eyes settled on Luke, she couldn't help but grin as his eyes sparkled on stage, happier than ever. She couldn't believe she was actually doing this, standing in the crowd like the rest of the fans all because Luke had always wanted her to actually watch them live and not on television.

When Luke bent to them, she bit her lip to keep from laughing as she extended her hand to him like the rest of the girls did. When he grabbed her hand, he probably noticed the nail polish he himself painted yesterday when Lexie begged him to since she was too lazy to do it. When his eyes met hers, they lit up even more as he grinned widely and Lexie couldn't but grin wider as well. She knew he'd be happy to see her but not that happy, which only made her even more happy herself when his whole show got affected with more love excitement and even pride.

When the show was nearly over and the boys introduced a new song, she didn't miss the wink he sent her and she grinned at him as she listened to the song. She actually loved it, it was different than the others somehow, but it was great.

When the show was over, Lexie slid her way out of the crowd and went directly backstage. When she was nearing Luke's dressing room, he beat her to it and opened it, stepping out himself. When she saw him she grinned widely as he hugged her tight and picked her up and she laughed lightly at his words and hugged him back tightly "I love you too Lou!" She laughed and kissed his cheek "It was amazing, you guys were amazing! The new song's great by the way!" She said excitedly then nodded happily "And yes yes I am ready!" She chuckled. Thank God she had chosen to change her clothes before the concert for the party. Getting in her high waist ripped jeans shorts and a white one shoulder down crop top, a black smiley face in the middle of the shirt. Her stomach wasn't on show though due to the shorts being high waist, but only when she stretched or reached up would her stomach show "How about you let me down now so we can go to the party, the guys are probably waiting." She chuckler as he still had her up in his arms. She wouldn't mind staying, if they didn't need to go.

Luke laughed and finally let Lexie down as they made their way outside. Luke had rented a car for the night and decided to drive him and Lexie there instead of taking the bus with the other boys. As they parked in front of the party, Luke got out and helped Lexie inside. He stayed close to Lexie throughout most of the party, that was until he decided to go get them something to drink.

Luke left Lexie by the stairs and made his way to the kitchen. As he grabbed two cups and began walking back towards the stairs, be was stopped by a short blonde girl. She smiled and tossed him a wink, making him stop in his tracks. He spent A few minutes talking and flirting with her before he went on to go find Lexie who had moved from her spot at the stairs.

Luke sat the cups down and turned, noticing his familiar brunette friend dancing with another guy that had his body a little too close for Luke's like. Luke bit his bottom lip from going over towards them, and just watched them for a few minutes before he felt someone turn him around.

As he made eye contact with Ashton, he growled and tried to turn his attention back to Lexie and the stranger. Ashton kept his grip tight though,"Come on. You can't go after her every time she starts to talk to a new guy. You have said it plenty of times before that you two aren't together, so let her flirt and have a little fun. It's the least she deserves,"he said.

Luke didn't know what to say. Yes, he knew all of this that Ashton told him, but he didn't like it. He didn't like her talking or flirting with other guys, and he defiantly did not like when other guys were that close to his best friend. He growled again and tried to calm himself down, because anyone that actually knew Luke, knew that he was not sweet and innocent when he was mad. And he was furious when he saw the guy start to kiss Lexie.

Luke turned back towards Ashton, and he didn't have yo say anything for Ashton to know that Luke had realized over the past few days that they acted more like a couple than best friends, and knew that Luke was jealous. But the funny fact was, Luke didn't know why. He loved Lexie, but he didn't love her like that... Did he? He hugged and kissed her and wanted to cuddle with her... But as friends, right? He had no idea why it was making him jealous, but he had to make the guy go away now, before he really lost it.

Luke made his way towards Lexie and the guy, and slowly tried to remain calm, but by the time he reach them he was nearly breathing fire. As he hooked his hand a hold of the guys shoulder and dug into his skin, he pulled him away from Lexie."Hey Lexie. We should go. Now,"Luke said, not taking no for an answer. He pulled the guy a good three feet away from Lexie and stood between them, pushing her towards the door.

When they first made it to the party, Lexie looked around and felt shocked by how big the party really was. It was huge and it was fully successful. People were dancing, drinking, even playing around and some were kissing. The party was on full swing.

When Luke told Lexie he'd be back with drinks she nodded and waited for him next to the stairs when a very handsome guy came toward her "Lexie right?" His words made her raise an eyebrow as she nodded "Yeah..?" He grinned at her and she couldn't help but find it very attractive "I knew it was you since the moment I settled my eyes on you! I've seen you on every freaking magazine and I have to ask," Lexie chuckled and before he even asked she responded "No, Luke and I are not together." His grin turned into a smirk "Then he wouldn't mind us dancing right?"

Lexie was taken aback by the guy's boldness but looked down at his extended hand with hesitation. Sure he was handsome and all, but Luke was definitely better. Better looking, better charmer and - wait why the hell am I comparing him to Luke?! Lexie shook those thoughts away and looked around, only to find Luke with a short blond, standing quite close and her hans touching his chest, flirting away.

Lexie didn't know what took over her but she turned to the guy "I'd love to dance with you." She smiled and took his hand "My name's Jason by the way." He whispered in her ear as he set his hands on her hips and swayed their bodies together, using the excuse of telling her his name to lean closer. He was smooth, she'd give him that.

The two danced for a moment and at some point, they were staring at each other. Jason glanced down at her lips "You don't happen to kiss strangers do you?" Lexie laughed and shook her head "Good thing I told you my name then. I'm no stranger." Then his lips pressed against hers.

Lexie didn't know if it was the sudden anger she felt when Luke left her to flirt with the blond, or if she really was attracted to the guy, but she did in fact kiss him back. But not for long before she felt him pull away and when she opened her eyes, she didn't meet his black hair and brown eyes but blond hair and blue eyes; Luke. And he looked anything but happy.

At his words, she frowned "What? Why?" She asked but he just pulled her away from Jason not even letting her look back at him as he dragged her out of the party "Luke! What the hell is wrong with you?!" But she got no response. He just got into the car, and didn't even open her door like usual. That's when she figured he was pissed. Very pissed. And the fact that he was angry assumingly at her and she had no idea why made her angry as well. So she just got in the car and slammed the door behind her.

The car ride was silent, and when they got into the lobby, the woman behind the reception who usually smiled at them and greeted them restrained from doing so when she saw how angry they even looked. Both of them. They just made their way to their room quietly, the anger radiating between them.

As soon as they got to the room and Luke unlocked the door, Lexie followed him in and slammed the door shut "What the hell was that?!" She was the one who broke the silent with a yell "You just pulled me out of the party like I did something wrong! Do you know how embarrassed you made me look in front of Jason?! Or anyone who even saw us?!" She couldn't help but scold at him, and ramble on and on.

"Maybe you did do something wrong! Okay? So fuck Jason and fuck every one else at the party! Who gives two shits about what they think? Not be! So go ahead and take the damn keys and go back to stupid party and have fun with Jason,"Luke yelled back angrily, spitting his name out of his mouth as if it was poison.

Luke was close to pulling his hair out of his head as Lexie continued to chatter and scold at him. He hated when she did that so much, but this time it was different. It was as if he didn't care because he felt like what he had done was the right thing. No matter how this night ended Luke knew that he that he would never regret pulling Lexie away from that airhead of a guy Jason.

As Luke took the last straw, he drew his breath in and heard the yells from behind him. He had already began taking his shoes off and was about to pull his shirt off when her yelling pushed him over the edge. He turned around on her and pushed her against the wall a couple steps behind her and pressed his lips against hers.

At first Luke wasn't sure what he was doing, but then everything clicked. He liked Lexie, as much as he had denied it. As he pressed his lips more firmly against hers, he let his mind go blank as he focused on her and her lips only. As he stood more straight up, his hands tugged on Lexie's shorts to pull her up with him as the other ran up the back of her shirt, caressing the small of her bare back.

Luke's words drove Lexie crazy "Really?! That's all you have to say?! You drag me here and then you tell me to go back?! You're not even going to explain yourself?!" But all she got in return was silence.

She watched as Luke turned away from her and pulled his shoes off and she groaned "Ugh Luke! You're seriously giving me the silent treatment?!" She yelled and ran a frustrated hand through her hair "What did I do wrong huh? What the hell was so fucking wrong that you pulled me out like that?!" She shook her head, she couldn't believe the scene he had pulled on back there.

The thing that surprised her more was that on their way out she saw Calum, Ashton and Michael. Ashton had his arms wide as if restraining Calum and Michael from interfering between Luke and Lexie, as they saw how pissed Luke was. And when her eyes net Ashton, he gave her a small smile. Why the hell would he give her a smile when Luke was so pissed at her? Everything was so damn confusing to her right now and Luke refused to elaborate.

Lexie worked his words in her head again as she rambled and continued "And why the hell would you speak Jason's name in such a poisonous way?! God Luke I know you're protective and all but I can still meet knew guy when you clearly flirt with girls as well!" That was a slip up, but she couldn't contain it in, she was too pissed to care about what was coming out of her mouth.

Just then, she watched as Luke snapped and turned to her. She thought he was going to yell at her but what he did took her completely by surprise. As he strode to her, she scoffed, thinking maybe he wanted to shut her up with his tickles and playful ways like usual. But they both knew that this time the anger was different so how could he even think tickles would work?

"Your tickles aren't going to shut me u-" her words were cut off with his lips pressing against hers. At first, she had no idea how to react, but with the way his lips made her feel, and probably the still anger between them, she kissed him back, with as much passion and found herself pressed against the wall as well.

Lexie never thought there would come a day when Luke would kiss her, and she would actually kiss him back. But right now, all she could think off was why the hell didn't they do this before? The sensation that their lips moving in sync sent her on cloud nine. It felt amazing, and actually .. right. Nothing like the kiss Jason gave her.

With Jason, she felt nothing, but with Luke, not just tingles irrupted in her body, but it felt like those damn fireworks they keep telling you about in the fairytales. When she felt him tug on her shorts as he straightened up, her tiptoeing wasn't going to suffice so as her back was pressed against the wall, she used that and his hold of her shorts to pull her legs up and around his waist, as well as her arms wrapped around his neck, bringing him closer as her hand trailed to his hair and ran her fingers through softly while his hand roamed her bare back as he slid it underneath the top, feeling his lips press more firmly, making her mind fog up, absolutely going blank at his touch and lips. She was absolutely dazed.

Maybe tickling wouldn't have worked to shut her up, but kissing definitely did. And what Lexie realized, was that she didn't mind being shut up like that. Meaning, she didn't mind kissing him, in fact she liked it. And that was when she finally realized how naive she was, because she liked Luke. Not just his kisses. She liked Luke, a lot. And his kiss was a huge bonus.

As Lexie lifted herself up and wrapped her body around his, Luke slowly deepened the kiss, willing to pull away any time she wasn't comfortable. As h looped one hand underneath her butt to hold her up, pressing her against the wall, he used the other to wrap around her stomach and slowly explore her back.

As Luke started to run out of breath, sure Lexie was too, Luke pulled away, but didn't just let it stop there. He let his lips explore her jawline and slowly make their way down her neck. He nibbled slightly on the side of her lip and smirked as he kissed her again just as passionately, if not more, than he had before.

Luke didn't know when or how it happened, but the next thing he knew, he had Lexie on the bed and he was kissing down her neck again. That was when it really clicked to him that this is why he truly did pull her from the party. Just thinking about another guy touching her made him tighten his grip on her waist where he was exploring, but her lips slowly softened his grip slightly, but didn't pull any passion away from what he was doing.

Luke had kissed a lot of girls, but never had he ever felt this much... Passion. The girls he had kissed, he had really liked, but there was never that spark that they talked about in the movies. There was never that little tickle in his stomach, afraid to mess up or do something wrong like in fairytales, and more than that, there was never that much hope.

Luke was slowly realizing that the entire kiss was made from hope. He had kissed her at first because he had hoped it would shut her smart little mouth up, but he soon realized that he had kissed her in hops of her angry to decreas. He had kissed her becaude he had hoped that she would realize the real reason he was so mad and made them leave. He had kissed her in hopes mainly, of opening up his own heart and learning how he felt, and in the end, he had.

Luke let his hand that was supporting him on top of her slide down and slowly touched Lexie's hips. As he slide his hand back up, he slipped it under her shirt and slowly tugged it off, only leaving her lips when he had to. As he slowly kissed down her neck again and touched her soft shoulder gently, careful not to scare her, Luke slid his own shirt over his head and tossed them both to the floor.

-------

Passion and eagerness were what put Lexie and Luke on the bed. They both were a bit too passionate to let it stop over a kiss or even a make out. Personally, Lexie couldn't help but want more with each hungry, passionate kiss and each tingling touch. And every time his hands touched her bare skin, she would feel a deep passion, a warm sensation in the pit of her stomach and also, she'd feel courage. Courage to let this be more than just a kiss.

She didn't know how it all lead to this moment though, the moment where Luke laid her down on the bed and then pulled her shirt and his shirt off. She had no idea how anything that had happened that night, actually did. She was too dazed, too dreamy and too busy focusing on the passion that was bursting from both of them to realize any other technical stuff. Like how their clothes were swiftly off.

When they were done and completely exhausted Lexie didn't regret it, not one bit. And she hoped neither did Luke because now, it was clear as day for her that he meant something more to her than a friend, even more than a best friend. And she didn't want to lose him or that feeling. She didn't know how it all slipped past her before, thinking the two were just friends when even their actions showed more. She was shocked to realize that this time, the media was right, because best friends don't kiss, and they definitely don't sleep together like that. She couldn't even call it sleeping together. Making love? Maybe. But she knew that for her it was more than sleeping together, a one night thing. It was a realization, something that opened her mind to what her heart wanted and what she wanted, was Luke.

No words were exchanged when they finished off, afraid they might ruin the amazing time they just spent with a slip up or something that might boil their anger again but Lexie did roll on her side closer to Luke and she looked over at him, leaned closer and pecked his lips before laying her head back down on his chest, her finger drawing soft small circles on his stomach as her eyes dropped closed and she let herself fall in a deep peaceful slumber.

The next morning, Lexie woke up with a whole different mindset when she saw the bed beside her empty. No note, no Luke, nothing. And that's when a cold realization hit her. Luke didn't like her that way, and he was probably regretting it right now. Like a fool, she stood up, pulled her clothes back on and quickly packed her suitcase.

She tried her best to keep her eyes dry before getting home. Clearly she was an idiot to think this was more than a one night stand, in the end this was Luke we were talking about. A rising star who million of girls wished for, he wouldn't just want Lexie over of every stunning sexy girl,of course he wouldn't. Has nobody ever told you to never fall for a star?

Fall for a star.

Lexie had fallen for Luke and her heart was racing as she packed her stuff. Her heart squeeze as Lexie made sure to leave nothing behind and walking out of her room to her mother and sister's room. As soon as she was in, she asked to go home and her mother didn't think twice before booking the closest flight which was in an hour. The look on her daughter's face was the definition of broken hearted. And she had an idea of what went on and what happened this morning. She didn't expect Luke to do that though, everyone was sure the two were in love but apparently, it was only one sided, and she felt for her daughter.

Soon, Lexie found herself on the plane but not before she had to endure the paparazzi as she walked out of the hotel, paparazzi who caught Luke and her last night in their angry heated moments at the party and in the lobby. And Lexie didn't even want to know what they wrote about that. About her and Luke. Not anymore.

Finally, she was back home. And only when she was alone in her room did she let herself fall on the bed and cry. She was so stupid to think that this would have ended differently. So damn stupid. Now not only did she lose a guy she realized she loved, but she lost her best friend too. And she refused to answer her phone even as it rang and buzzed and she eventually turned it off, sick of everything and just wanting to be left alone.

After Luke and Lexie had calmed down, Luke let Lexie lay on his chest, enjoying every moment of it. His chest tingle at the feel of Lexie drawing on it as he pulled the blanket over them, still unclothed. Luke didn't regret it, he knew that, but he didn't know if Lexie did or not. He sighed after she fell asleep and didn't know what he would say in the morning. He stayed up half the night, too upset to get any sleep as he tried to think of what he would say to her when he had to face her in the morning.

When Luke finally fell asleep, he slept more peacefully than he had ever slept before. The next morning Luke woke up with a yawn and opened his eyes to realize that Lexie was still curled into a ball with her back pressed against him. His eyes opened to her beauty and he smiled, not knowing how he didn't realize before that she was that beautiful. Of course knew his best friend was beautiful, but he had never seen her this way before. He had never seen her as a woman, he always saw her as the small girl he protected.

Luke slowly leaned down and kissed her shoulder softly before he quietly got up and got himself dressed into shorts and a cut off shirt with his tennis shoes on. He grabbed a room key and thought about leaving a note, but figured that his best friend would still be asleep by the time he was back from the gym.

Luke made his way to the gym and began pushing himself as his muscles tensed and he thought about the night before, holding back a blush and a soft smile. By the time Luke had finally cleared his head, he walked upstairs and opened the door to see Lexie gone and her stuff gone too.

Luke's eyes widened and he ran back out the door, looking in her mom's room and finding them gone too. Luke cursed and beat on the boys doors and as they came out Luke was having a hard time trying to control his breathing."Where the hell did Lexie go?"Luke asked, running his hands through his hair as he pulled it, trying to think of anywhere she had mentioned she wanted to go.

As the boys tried to calm Luke down and get him to relax, Ashton walked back in his room and tried calling and texting Lexie, but got ignored every time. This just made Luke worry more. As he turned in a circle to try to control his breathing, he lost it and punched the wall behind him as he collided with it. He let his body fall down as his knees collided with the floor and he let the tears that were holding back, fall down his cheeks.

After Luke had control of himself, as much as he could, he walked back into his room, locked the door, and ignored the boys as they tried to get him to go out with them. He continued calling and texting Lexie but was always sent straight to voice mail. He groaned, barley holding himself together as he left her nearly the 30th message in the past 15 minutes. Finally Luke sat his phone down and turned the tv on.

The first thing he saw was pictures of Luke and Lexie going into the hotel the night before, anger obvious between them, and this morning with her and her mom's leaving the hotel. The headline this time was,"The Final Breakup Between the Besties." Luke clicked the power button and shut the tv off as he began to take a shower, hoping more than anything that that wasn't the final breakup between him and Lexie.

Lexie was a mess. From the moment she came back home, she was a freaking mess. Her eyes were always watery, her lips were swollen from how much she bit down on them to try and not to cry. Her cheeks were red and her hair was in a messy bun. She had changed into her sweats the moment she arrived home and hadn't changed out of them since.

For the couple of days that came, Lexie refused to go out. She would wonder through her house, with a silent sad look in her eyes. She felt as empty as ever. And alone. God she felt alone without Luke, even as Kate and Amy tried to stop by and make her feel better, but they just weren't .. Luke.

How could she have been so stupid to not realize how deep she had fallen for him earlier? And why did he have to kiss her and make her realize that? She was fine with being stupid. God, she would choose being stupid and naive over broken hearted like the way she was anytime. It was way harder than she ever thought.

She refused to go on any social media. One day she tried to turn on the tv only to find her own picture with Luke as he had her up on his back and carrying her while walking around while she was giving him a piece of chocolate, and then the picture beside it was the one of them getting into the hotel angry as hell. The headlines were all about a certain break up, calling it the Final Breakup.

Lexie felt sick to her stomach and quickly turned the tv off. And since then she never turned it on again, she was fine with watching her second favorite serie, Grey's anatomy, over and over again. Why her second? Because her first was How I met your mother. And it was Luke's favorite. She couldn't bring herself to even put the dvd in even. She was too afraid of feeling her heartache even more than before.

The week was over now, and Lexie had finally gone out. She agreed to go out with Kate and Amy, to walk around town, and she had also freshened up, in a black ripped jeans and white nirvana t-shirt with her hair straightened and white converse. She was trying, for the sake of her friends and family's concern, to look better. To act better when she was nowhere near that.

Kate and Amy made sure yo drop by Lexie's favorite store, then her favorite restaurant, and then finally, her favorite ice cream shop. She smiled at them all day long and tried her best to act fine. But with every place they took her, she'd remember something she either did with Luke or it mainly just reminded her of Luke. And her heart was squeezing all day long. But she did feel a bit relieved as they walked around town,finally away from her favorite places which she always shared with her favorite person whom she now lost.

God this sucked.

The week for Luke was the worse week imaginable. No texts, no calls, no FaceTime, nothing. He called and text Lexie everyday but was always sent to voicemail. When he finally called her sister, she wouldn't say anything to him about Lexie, just ask how he was doing. What was he suppose to say to that? 'Yeah I'm doing fine,'? Because he wasn't. He was far from that.

He avoided the media as much as he was allowed and only came out of his room when he was made to or when they went down the the hotel basement to practice and continue writing the new songs. Luke attempted to go to the mall once with the boys so they wouldn't think he was completely broken, although that's exactly what he was.

He even dressed up slightly, made sure he didn't look like he had been crying, and fixed his hair the way he liked it. He slipped his phone into his pocket, always keeping it close in case Lexie called him back, a hope he knew would never happen. Luke walked down the hotel lobby with the boys and they towards the bus that took them wherever they asked.

The boys were trying to get Luke to open up to them, but Luke never realized that he hadn't even told them what had happened. He wasn't sure how he was suppose to. Just say,'yeah we had sex. She left the next morning.' Luke didn't want to say that, because he knew it was his fault. He shouldn't have left, and when he did, he shouldn't have lost track of the time. He should've known that she was going to wake up and without him there automatically think that that night had meant nothing to Luke, which wasn't true at all.

That night meant everything to him. The feel of her skin against his and the heat between them, the pressure of her lips against his neck, the feel of her hands intertwined with his for once not as friends, meant everything to Luke. That night was the best night of his life and he didn't regret. He didn't want a one-night stand. He didn't want to just do it and forget it, because with her he knew he would never be able to forget it. Luke knew that he had fallen for her. Fallen hard. He just wasn't sure when it was that he had.

Luke did tell the boys what had happened after the day they spent together and they finally realized why Luke was so upset. Calum stopped teasing Luke about missing her cuddles, which was something that Luke missed a lot. Ashton stopped teasing Luke about Lexie finding a new boyfriend, and Michael stopped teasing Luke about his love songs.

That night when they got back to their hotel rooms they got a call from their manager telling them that they would have a surprise concert in their home town three days from then where they could perform one of their new songs, or just do the regular ones where admission was free for a thanking to what all the town had supported the band through.

Luke laid on his bed with the boys all sitting around his room as they talked and they thought about which song to sing, and then Michael had an idea that turned everyone's heads, suggesting that Luke write a completely knew song song that they could play, knowing that Lexie would come, and knowing that Luke would write about his feelings.

While the girls walked down the town, some town girls looked at Lexie a bit surprised, some were curious and other even wary. They didn't even know what happened and they were wary of her, great. She tried not to pay attention to them, even when some attempted to speak to her only to have Kate or Amy turn Lexie around and leave. But every staring gaze reminded her of Luke and what had happened.

She allowed herself for a brief moment to remember that night. It was rather special to her, maybe for him it was just a way to let out some steam, but to her, it was special. Very special and she couldn't just toss it aside like it was nothing because it was everything. The way the two of them were gripping each other for dear life with so much heat and passion was just surreal. The way his lips made her body react to him was how she knew he had a big impact on her wether she wanted or not. He was what she had wanted all along. But to him, she probably was the friend who he messed up with.

She snapped out of her thoughts when Kate and Amy had her in front of her house "We'll go out again Friday okay? In three days, we'll walk around town and get some fresh air. Till then, please try to smile more." Kate said and Lexie smiled softly at her "Thank you guys, really." Lexie had told them vaguely what happened, and they were shocked to say the least. They did not expect that from Luke. Nobody did. But Lexie knew. It was clear the next morning of that same magical night.

Those three days were a bit better for them, her mother, sister and her friends. She looked better and acted better but whenever she was alone she'd drop the act and just sit there in complete silent, curled up in her bed and toss all night. She missed Luke, his jokes, his laugh, his cuddles, his voice, and him singing her to sleep. She missed Luke so much and for a moment she debated on wether turning her phone on or not, but decided against it.

When Friday finally came, she woke up and took a long hot shower to clear her mind from her dream, which wasn't really a dream but rather memories of her and Luke and even some with the boys. How was she supposed to forget about Luke when he always invaded her thoughts? When she was done, she chose her skinny black leather jeans and a white sweater. She left her slight wavy hair down though, and didn't pull it in a messy bun like she had been usually doing. To satisfy her friends she pulled on her black heels and then added light make up.

When she was done, Kate and Amy pulled her out of her house and walked down the streets but going nowhere in particular, or that was Lexie thought, but the girls knew exactly where they were going, they just didn't tell Lexie right away.

14377fa3374dd963795bb282eb3c34de.jpg
(Hair down though)

0fbbe1b3f9294df4a1e3556094fca754.jpg
(With his black converse)

Friday morning Luke woke up early and made him, the boys, their managers, and security guards all breakfast. He was thankful for all of their understanding and although Luke wasn't okay, he was going to put on a smile today as he walked out of the building to go to the plane taking them home, knowing that the cameras would be waiting to see his face.

The boys had stayed up nearly half the might finishing the song they would play later that night, and they had finally perfected it, and Luke was thankful for their patience, so he made them breakfast although he was not a morning person.

After breakfast everyone finished packing and started to leave the hotel and make their way to the airport. As the cameras harassed the boys, Luke just ignored them and wore a small smile as they all asked them questions about Lexie and what happened, but Luke didn't answer as he loaded onto the bus and drove to the airport.

After the plane landed, they boys were driven straight towards the arena where the entire band had first started playing in front of people. They all smiled as they looked around, and walked backstage where they began to set everything and practice. When is was thirty minute from show time, the boys practiced their newest song a few times just to make sure they were ready before the show began.

As Luke and the boys stepped out onto the stage, he put on the biggest fake smile he had ever used, and began playing the first song. After the show was almost over, the boys all paused, Luke almost out of breath as he took a pause and pulled a stool onto the stage so he could sit down.

"Thank you all for coming out tonight, it means the world to us. This band actually got started here in this city, and we wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for each and every one of you, so we would all like to personally thank all of you for your love and support the past few years as the band has grown. This next song means a lot to me, actually it's one of our original songs, something that not even our producers have heard yet, so this is the first time. I'm not sure how it's going to go, but it's how the last week has gone for me. It's how I've been feeling,"Luke said as he let out a smalls sigh and looked down. He slowly looked up again."So thank you guys for all your support, this is for you, love you all,"Luke said before the first few cords began off of his own guitar that was strapped over his shoulder.

As Luke looked up, he noticed a familiar face in the crowd, making him slightly pause, confusing the boys. He took a deep breath before he realized he had stopped playing. He chuckled,"Sorry about that guys. Here's the song,"Luke said as he looked over at Ashton and the other boys who had seen Lexie also.

As they played the song, Luke used this to keep his mind off the girl he hadn't seen of talked to in a week standing in the crowd. He poured all of the passion he had left into the song, letting every cord and every word pour out to the crowd. When the song finally ended Luke had a tear running down his eye, along with many of the other people in the crowd.

After Ashton thanked the city again, the boys walked backstage and into their own dressing rooms. Luke didn't change, not needing to, but he grabbed his phone and guitar before walking back out to the main room where the other boys were. He sat his guitar down on the couch and plopped back beside Calum, waiting for one of them to bring up Lexie in the crowd, but none did. "Did you see her too?"he asked quietly.

tumblr_nnj3dfslJb1upzj6oo2_500.gif
(Luke's face when he sees Lexie)

While the girls walked, Lexie was feeling a bit more comfortable, since the streets were practically empty. But the suddenly, she heard commotion, more specifically, she heard the music. Loud music a bit far from where they stood, she frowned "Is there a festival going on or something?" She asked and Kate shrugged biting back a smile "Wanna go see?"

For whatever reason, Lexie nodded and followed her friends instead of just declining having to see that many people all at once since the festivals and carnivals were usually huge here. But as they neared, Lexie had picked out that it was not a festival, but a concert since the music was live,continuous and loud. She looked at her friends who gripped her hands each reassuringly before they arrived.

The girls pushed their way through the crowd, Lexie standing between the two as they pushed and she walked with them, occasionally sending a few 'excuse me' 'sorry' around. But it seemed like whenever someone saw her face, they'd actually let her through. Which was weird. She had a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach and for a moment she thought she heard Ashton's loud voice as he thanked the crowed but .. no way, they were still on tour weren't they?

giphy.gif
(Lexie when she hears and sees Luke.)

But as soon as Lexie stopped at the front and heard his voice, her heart raced and she looked up with her lips parted a bit, shocked to see him and the whole band here. He was introducing a new song and for some reason, even as her mind told her to turn and walk away, she was frozen to spot. And when Luke said this song was his and the guy's writing, his feelings, she felt her heart skip a beat. That doesn't necessarily has to do with you idiot, he doesn't care remember? That small part of her brain still picked at her.

But when the chords began and Luke's gaze fell on her, she knew she was definitely not ready to see him, he still affected her big time, as in her stomach twisted and her heart was racing way over the limit. But she couldn't look away and she wouldn't have noticed that he stopped playing the guitar when he saw her if he hadn't broken their gaze and snapped her out of her trance.

Lexie looked at her two friends and Amy smiled at her "We're sorry, but you have to see this." She whispered in Lexie's ear who numbly turned to stare at Luke again. Her eyes then shifted to the boys, Calum and Michael had their eyes on the guitar as the strumming begun but when she looked over at Ashton, he had his eyes on her and he gave her a small smile, then pointed at Luke, mouthing the words 'for you.'

She quickly looked away and back to Luke as he started singing with Calum and she knew what Ashton meant. The song was heartbreakingly beautiful and for a second, Lexie looked around to see a large portion of girls crying and tearing up. She herself, hadn't notice that she had tears rolling down her cheeks. She wiped them off quickly and when the boys got off stage, she turned away and shuffled out of the crowd before one of them was able to get her.

"Lexie!" "Lex!" Kate and Amy's voice made her stop right as she was a few feet away from the open arena "What's wrong?" Amy asked concerned and when Lexie turned to face them, she was crying and wasn't holding back "I can't.. I can't face him! He's just.. God I just can't girls. Even seeing him makes me crumble again, I don't want to be heartbroken again when I'm not over him from the first time yet even!" She spoke as she shocked on her tears "I just.. I need to go home. I don't want one of the guys bringing me backstage. I- I'm going home." she sighed and turned away from them.

Lexie noticed a few camera in the distant trying to be sneaky, knowing the Luke was coning to his home town where Lexie was, obviously they couldn't not jump into the opportunity and follow him. But Lexie ignored them, put her head down and her sunglasses on before continuing her way home. Ignoring when Kate and Amy tried to tell her that the song was hers.

She knew the song was hers. She knew that pretty well, but for some reason it scared her even more that maybe she, or Luke, or both, screwed everything up so badly, a heartbreaking song was created. She was scared that they screwed so badly, she'd never hear about him but from songs. She was scared. About everything. And even as some reporters tried to ask her a few questions as she walked, she ignored them only mumbling a quick "Leave me alone please."

When she was home finally, she made her way straight to her room and squeezed her eyes shut, sliding down the wall and curling up to herself. It was like she had never cried before and now she was letting it all out.

After the boys talked and they let Luke think about it, their manager walked in and shut the door. The boys all stood up and Luke looked at them confused,"What's going on...?"he asked as the lights were turned off and the tv turned on. The song they just played began playing as the videos and pictured of Luke and Lexie began a slides how for Luke to stare at. He stood up slowly and watched the pictures slide by, smiling as he saw their smiling faces, and all he could do was stand there and stare.

When the slides were over, Luke looked at them all who were staring at him."Thank you guys, but what am I suppose to do about it? She was there tonight. She heard the song, she knows the way I feel, what else am I suppose to say? I can't make her stay.."Luke said sighing as he sat down on the edge of the couch and places his head in his hands. Ashton nodded and sat down beside Luke, patting his back.

"You're right, you can't make her stay.."he said looking at Calum. Calum walked over to the other side of Luke and gripped his shoulder,"But you can't let her go either.." Michael nodded as Luke looked up at them,"And why should you? It's obvious to all of us Luke, even her, that you're crazy for her. Those pictures, those videos, those songs? Yeah. That's the answer. That's the only proof you need. But if that's not good enough, look at you. Look at the past week of your life. Have you ever done this over any other girl? No. I didn't think so?"he said as the other boys pulled him up.

The band's manager tossed Luke the keys to Luke's car."So grab your guitar, go to her, and tell her. If you can't find the words, then sing. You've always been better at hat when it comes to your feelings,"his manager said smiling at him as the three boys pushed Luke towards the door with his guitar.

Luke didn't think twice before walking from the room. All he needed was his guitar and his courage. He didn't have much of it left but all he had to do was see her. All he needed was to see her, and that's what he was going to do.

As Luke pulled into Lexie's driveway, he grabbed his guitar and walked to the front door, knocking softly. When her mother answered and greeted Luke with a small smile, he asked to see Lexie. As he walked in, he followed the familiar trail and walked towards Lexie's bedroom. As he got to the top of the stairs, he took a deep breath and slowly walked towards her door. He knocked gently, letting his voice whisper towards her as he pressed his hand against the door.

Luke slowly closed his eyes and pressed his forehead against the door."Lexie... Please open the door. I want to talk to you. No, I NEED to talk to you. Lexie its--"he quickly cut himself of and stayed quiet for a moment, able to heard every breath he took, and even hear his heartbeat shooting from his chest. He took another small breath before he began to play the same song he played before.

"I drove by all the places you use to hang out getting wasted.
I thought about our last kiss, the way you felt, the way you tasted,"he continued the entire song, pouring more emotion, feeling, passion, and love into it than he had the first time, if that was even possible. As he sang the last cord quietly and sat his guitar down, he pressed his head against the door again.

"Lexie, I'm not going to just let you go. Not this time. I was stupid for letting you go the first time, but this week has been the worse week of my life. I need to talk to you about that night, please just let me in. Five minutes is all I'm asking for,"he says softly.

Lexie sat in her room for what felt like forever. While she cried, she had pulled her heels off, and tossed them to the other side of the room. Then she stood up and stumbled to her bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and cringed, the make up running down her face as her tears did and she took a shaky breath, a few sobs escaping her mouth as she tried to clean herself off.

After what felt like hours she was able to get rid off the make up and the lipstick and her sobs had quieted down a little. She went back into her bedroom and sat on her bed, her back to the headboard as she picked her phone up in her hands. With shaking fingers, she turned her phone on again and for a moment it froze, while buzzing over and over again, her voicemail full, her mails a hundred times worse, and on every social media application she had thousands and thousands of notifications. Probably mentions, and tags on the headlines and all that.

She slowly went into her voicemail and looked over at them, before pressing play. The first was from Ashton, the day she left, he was calling to ask where the hell she went and that Luke was going crazy. The second was from Calum, and he was telling her that Luke had finally punched a wall, that was how frustrated he was and that she needed to come back. After Calum, she had 15 voicemails from Luke, all asking where she was and that it wasn't what it looked like when he left so suddenly. Then she was surprised to find a voicemail from Michael, since he was never one to interfere but this time he did and he was almost begging her to come back, that Luke was not being himself anymore.

Lexie was shocked with all the voicemails but then decided to move onto the messages. She had 30 messages from Luke. But when she went to open them one by one, she heard a soft knock on her door and Luke's voice made her freeze. She looked up and stared at the door, her heart racing as she had no idea what to do. She stayed put for a moment and Luke seemed to stumble on his words as he was never good with talking about his feelings but right then, he stopped. And his next words were actually the lyrics of their new song and he sang for her. Even as she didn't open the door for him, he sang for her and she softened, her eyes tearing up again. She would always love that voice of him.

When he was done, and he mumbled his last words before falling silent, Lexie stood up, and walked over to the door. She took a deep breath and put her hand on the door knob before it clicked open, but she kept it closed for a moment before swinging the door open slowly and she stared up at Luke, unable to utter a word. She must look like hell, her hair messily framing her face, her cheeks and lips red and her eyes a bit red as well, but at that moment she didn't care. She simply moved aside to let Luke in and closed her door again softly before turning and leaning against it as she looked up at Luke, completely silent. She was speechless. Utterly tongue tied. She had no idea what to say to him. So she let him talk, he said he needed five minutes and she gave it to him.

When the door finally clicked open, Luke sighed in relief and stepped back. As Lexie opened the door and he saw her, the first thought that popped into his mind was how beautiful she looked. Then he remembered the morning when he had last saw her and she looked even more beautiful then when she was still asleep, peaceful and quiet.

As Luke walked in and Lexie shut the door, he turned back around and looked at her with gentle eyes, knowing that he had hurt her, and slowly killing himself for it everyday. "Lexie... That night at the party I made us leave because I saw you with Jason and I hated it. I saw him dancing with you and I saw you kiss him and it took everything I had in me not to pull him off and beat his face into the ground."

"I didn't want you to kiss anyone because I wanted to be the only one that kissed you, the only one that had you. And that night,"Luke said nervously as he ran his hand through his hair."That night when we were at the hotel and I kissed you, I realized that and I realized that we do act more like a couple than best friends. And that night... when we.... that was the best night of my life. To me, that wasn't a one night thing, okay? And that never has to happen again if you don't want it to. Just say the words and we wont, but Lexie I can't lose you. It has been you the entire time and I was stupid not to realize it. So please, please just give me a chance,"Luke said walking towards her and putting his hands on her shoulders.

"That morning when you woke up and I was gone, I know what you probably thought, but that is the complete opposite. I was down in the gym trying to figure out what I was going to say to you, how I was going to say it. I lost track of time when I was nervous and I came back and you were gone. And let me tell you, this week has been hell without you. I can't and I won't just let this fall apart. You're my best friend Lexie, but you're more than that. And I love you, so please don't make me go away alone,"he said softly, pressing his forehead against hers.

At this time he wished he realized that most guys would give her flowers or chocolates or both, but he hadn't been smart enough to bring anything."I don't have your favorite chocolates or flowers, but I have me and I have my heart. I want you Lexie, it has always been you,"he said as he brought his lips to her once more.

Lexie looked down at the ground as Luke spoke, she just couldn't keep her eyes on him without feeling her heart skip a beat or her eyes trail down his lips. She just missed him, and it's been a while since she last saw him, she just wanted and felt the need to look at his every handsome feature, but she couldn't. She wouldn't. So she fixed her eyes on the floor and listened to him speak.

When he mentioned her and Jason kissing, saying it drove him crazy because he wanted to be the one who kissed her, that made her look up at him in slight shock. She expected him to apologize, for leaving things as they were but instead he was telling that he indeed wanted her, and he wanted her to himself and not just for a one night only. He wanted her. As more than best friend.

Lexie was frozen to spot as he spoke and practically poured his heart out to her. She stared at him, her eyes softening with each word of his. She watched him step toward her and put his hands on her shoulders and she didn't move, she didn't push him away, she just stared up at him.

And when he said that he didn't leave for the intentions she thought he had, but it was only to let go of steam and figure out what to tell her. Lexie bit her bottom lip as Luke spoke. He didn't want to lose her and neither did she. She felt horrible without him. And she didn't want a repeat of that.but when he said he loved her, she widened her eyes slightly. She loved him, but she never thought he loved her back. All this made her feel a bi overwhelmed and she couldn't help but tear up and close her eyes as he pressed his forehead against hers.

Lexie didn't realize she was holding back her tears until she felt one escape her eye and roll down her cheek. She smiled lightly when he spoke of chocolate and flowers but she wasn't one who cared for those much. Suddenly, she felt his careful lips against her and she didn't hesitate to kiss him back softly, her hands going to his neck, laying their on each side as she kissed him back. God she had missed him.

Lexie slowly pulled away and rested her forehead against his, closing her eyes again and her hands covering his which were on her cheeks "I don't want chocolate. I don't want flowers. You know I don't care for those much." She then smiled lightly keeping her eyes closed "Well, okay maybe I do care about chocolate" she was a nutella addict after all, and proud to be one "But I don't care about the flowers." She chuckled lightening up the tension before sniffing and continuing "But I love you. I have nothing else to say because I don't know what to say. You got me speechless.. And I just, I love you. And I want to be with you and I don't want anyone else and I was stupid to not have realized that before the party." She took a deep breath and smiled as she opened her eyes and peered a look at him through her lashes "I love you." She whispered yet again "And the song is beautiful. It's amazing. And you made me cry." She chuckled through her silent tears. She didn't know what else to say, he got her tongue tied and she felt her heart warm again at his presence and damn she had missed this. She really had missed Luke and she had no idea what she would do without him around her anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.