Shitposting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forcing exposure on others who may be traumatized can very much have the opposite effect though Kestrel. To say that it is all on the audience is to whitewash and clear the speaker of all consequence of his own actions and behavior. That is not to say you don't have a point. There is a reason a lot of social commentary is done trough satire and humor. And why so many really good comedians have some serius inner demons.
I'm referring to the kind of jokes like Gwazi's, not rallying for a right to ram video presentations down rape victims' throats. Besides, I'm sure you're well aware of how these situations work; evoking a situation associated with a traumatic experience is not just done by mentioning a word (especially when written instead of spoken) but more by recreating part of a feeling or experience. Word associations are far weaker than say, associations with smell or loud noises. To actually trigger with words you need to go quite a bit beyond "Remove it at once or you're raping me."

The second part (or first, 'cause chronology) is that censorship eliminates possibilities for open discussion. The social commentary is indeed done through satire and humour for a reason. There are pro's and con's as to everything, but in the long term I think it's obvious where I stand. I'm very scared of a society that wants to control spoken word and expression. It removes the hatred we see, but makes it breed more strongly in people's hearts.

I also think we need to establish a clear line between triggering trauma and feeling uncomfortable or angry, but it might not be the best time or place to discuss that. This is off-topic enough as it is ;p

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
...apparently I was too subtle with my attempts to tell people to get the fuck back on topic.

Weird. You would have thought the all-caps and the part where I said "get the fuck back on topic" would have done it.

Last warning or this shit is locked.

...apparently I was too subtle with my attempts to tell people to get the fuck back on topic.

Weird. You would have thought the all-caps and the part where I said "get the fuck back on topic" would have done it.

Eh, I'm not that much of an f5 warrior.

If anyone feels the need to reply to me, feel free to post it to my inbox instead.

I'm kind of tempted to continue the off-topic conversation with some stupid comment just to force Grumpy to lock this topic.

Shitposting is a magnificent form of art I greatly admire.

I thought we left the easily offended back in 2015?

This is the year to let your balls drop and man the fuck up!

Are we men or are we men?

Or are we women who act more manly than most men?

Edit:

The statement isn't directed at anyone. Just saying that complaining about everything that annoys you isn't going to change anything. Time to come up with a method that actually works.

Last edited:
*See's how the thread exploded while asleep*

I'd pitch in but...

1) Grumpy already said not to
2) In past experience, the accused person trying to defend themselves usually just riles up the other side. Observers coming in and explaining serve's far better.
3) @Jorick and @Kestrel already said anything I could think of any ways, and far better worded too.

So yea, don't think I'm just ignoring what just happened, I'm consciously staying away from it for now.

OK TOO SERIOUS BACK ON TOPIC!!!

There shall be no more Shit Posting when I'm Admin!
In fact there will be no Serious Posting, No Roleplay Posting etc!
There shall only be one kind of Posting!

TRUMP POSTING!

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
I thought you said this shtick would only last a few hours.

1a881b69441f7ca3.gif

Just lock this already. Nobody's going to listen to you, because they're too busy standing atop their cardboard boxes, and shouting to the world how righteous their views are. Waving cardboard signs that proclaim that their way of life is the way to truth, and off we go to another shouting match, where all sides yell too loudly to hear one another.

The snakes recoil and twist away, waiting until they can strike at another topic when your eyes are averted... Time and again. And they never learn, either.

Is there room on your trail to close general discussion? Can we make it a crusade? One that if Gwazi hijacks it and adds it to his garbage meme pile, we'll kick the shit out of him?

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
My cardboard box got soggy from the rain and I had to step down.

I thought you said this shtick would only last a few hours.
I did, then I got a nights sleep. I'm good to go for a few more hours.

because they're too busy standing atop their cardboard boxes, and shouting to the world how righteous their views are.
I'm not standing on my cardboard box. I live in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.