Shitposting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, this thread triggers me.
Remove it at once or you're raping me.
yo man I realize this is all part of your current shtick, but is this really necessary? we gotta go to rape jokes?

*looks thru this thread*

Is this the Twilight Zone?

Reactions: Mid
You know, I will shitpost all over this thread.
With love.

Which brings up a new issue. Titling.

Argue.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
You know, I will shitpost all over this thread.
With love.

Which brings up a new issue. Titling.

Argue.
I read that as titsling at first...

I need sleep.

Reactions: Kooriryu
I read that as titsling at first...
I come back after a whole season and see that you posted.
I was happy.
Got nostalgic even, about @Jorick's favorite, fried dicks. Who I will probably never mention again in any other way. I mean, he is the top buyer of the aforementioned dicks, buys a bag everyday.
Yorick dicks with a friend named Dick, who dicks around whilst eating a dick like the dick he is.
You don't know dick about this.
Don't tell @Jorick by the way. :worms:

But then I saw the word "Titsling".

Titsling.

And I was even more disappointed when I looked it up.
Mildly disturbed even. Since I'm drowsy.

RACKSRACKSRACKSRACKS
-Throwback2015

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Satire punches up.

latest

• Love
Reactions: Sidhe
I come back after a whole season and see that you posted.
I was happy.
Got nostalgic even, about @Jorick's favorite, fried dicks. Who I will probably never mention again in any other way. I mean, he is the top buyer of the aforementioned dicks, buys a bag everyday.
Yorick dicks with a friend named Dick, who dicks around whilst eating a dick like the dick he is.
You don't know dick about this.
Don't tell @Jorick by the way. :worms:
Excuse you, @Diana was the one who had daily bags of dicks. I simply preached their merits. Consuming them would have been a sin. Get your facts straight. >:[

It's not satire. Gwazi makes and links to rape joke alarmingly often.

It is in fact satire, even if you don't like the content. Yes, even rape jokes can be satirical. Satire is the use of humor, irony, mockery, and/or exaggeration to expose or criticize the vices or follies of others. Note that satire is highly subjective, just like other forms of comedy, so the qualification that makes a joke satire is mainly the perspective of the person making the joke; the joke does not need to be politically correct or aimed at people in a position of power to be satire, because all people and groups have vices and follies that can be mocked.

You're free to dislike the joke, but saying "omg no its not satire because I don't like it" just puts your own misunderstanding of comedy on display for all to see.

I was referring from the perspective of him posing as Trump. The joke was not so much a "trump joke" put in context as it was just the way gwazi tend to joke.

And yes. I know perfectly well that satire can target pretty much everything. There is a reason nationalist propaganda favors it. ANd that wasn't a dig or anything. It is just the way it is. Satire was a big part of nazi propaganda. Humor can also be used to trivilitize terrible things. That is not to say satire cannot be fantastic or we should censor shit. But as you put it in another thread Jorick. It goes both way. I should be able to call people on their shit.

But yeah yeah. I am clearly not understanding anything :D. Pff.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not satire. Gwazi makes and links to rape joke alarmingly often.
Would you say it feels kind of forced?

Funny story. There was a time I was really sensitive to mentions of suicide. I'll spare you the reasons and sob-stories, but then I got involved with a girl who would eventually turn out suicidal. Not so much the emo teenage She made genuine attempts at her own life, inspired by mixed episodes. Know the first thing, in my complete shock, I told her? I told her how it scared me and to never do it again.

Pro-tip; never say that.

Something I learned a really harsh way, is that prioritising how uncomfortable are with your subject is fucking up the conversation. You see, she had tried to bring up suicide in past discussions, which I had waltzed all over. She'd made jokes about it too, which I'd repeatedly told her were very unsettling. The way I forced myself to deal with it in order to support her and be able to talk to her about it, was ultimately, writing a satire article about suicide. Funny thing? It worked better than any super-serious talk ever would have. Before it I wasn't even able to have a proper conversation on the subject.

Now I don't think Gwazi is a rapist or has been raped or silently crying for help, don't get me wrong. Comedy allows us to explore the darkness the mind without letting it consume us. I'd be a lot different in how I carry myself if it weren't for comedy. I know blind guys or a dude in a wheelchair, who have learned to better deal with their environment by making jokes about it which made them feel confident and capable instead of victims. I'll spare you the other stories, but point is, while nobody in their right mind in our western civilisation is going to tell you rape is anything but a heinous, disgusting crime, comedy isn't rape. Just know that, anyone who is triggered by rape (and by that I mean experiencing genuine PTSD and not feeling uncomfortable or offended) will eventually need exposure to the subject lest they be doomed to die with it. That doesn't mean it's pleasant. That doesn't mean Gwazi or anyone is an altruist for making these jokes. No. What it does mean is that the audience, willing or by coincidence, has power over the power of his words and how they affect them. There's different ways for the audience to interpret or use them. These are some of the safer venues to explore our fears and darkness; a function humour has had since the dawn of time.

I think, and this is pertinent to both this discussion and the OP, we first need to look at our selves before demanding others to change. Reflecting and taking in account all different sides, will lead to growth and the ability to carry oneself and others through things a younger you thought had control over them.

Forcing exposure on others who may be traumatized can very much have the opposite effect though Kestrel. To say that it is all on the audience is to whitewash and clear the speaker of all consequence of his own actions and behavior. That is not to say you don't have a point. There is a reason a lot of social commentary is done trough satire and humor. And why so many really good comedians have some serius inner demons.

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours and Sidhe
Disclaimer!:

I readily admit that rape - especially rape jokes - are an incredibly sensitive topic for me. I've mentioned in previous topics that I am a sexual abuse survivor. I suffer from PTSD.

Is it perhaps unreasonable of me to request that others don't use that kind of insensitive humor in an open forum where anyone could see it? Yeah, maybe. I guess I just don't fancy the thought of having to ignore someone I don't otherwise greatly dislike because they make rape jokes. Yeah, I know I should probably just expect it on the internet, but I'm used to being in spaces where either a) they don't come up, or b) when they do come up, people's responses aren't 'yo man but, like, it's your issue you know, it's just a joke.' I try really hard not to surround myself with those people or those attitudes.

Anyway, you don't know what is going on in someone's life. You don't know what kind of therapy they are currently doing. You don't know what they have suffered, or are currently suffering. Above all else, it's really not your place to decide whether or not it's time they be subjected to exposure to 'treat' their trigger. Exposure therapy is very serious and should be attempted in a controlled environment with a professional. I absolutely cannot stand seeing folks on the internet, many - if not most - of whom have either no experience with PTSD or no experience with exposure therapy, suggest that folks just need to get some exposure and get over their trigger/phobia/etc. That's not how it works. At all. Exposure therapy done wrong will fuck up your psyche even more than it's already fucked up. Also: it doesn't work for everyone! It just doesn't. If it worked for you, that's fantastic; it actually worked for me in treating my emetophobia. But it's not that simple. At all.

Sorry. This is touchy for me. I'll probably end up deleting this later, but I wanted to put in my two cents regardless. I'll probably have to end up ignoring some people in the end. Such is life.

DGRu9Pb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.