Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Voyager of the Skies, Brown, solid]
yhflBJS.jpg

The overseer didn't buy her story, not surprising really. Heck, Agatha would've done the same if she was in his shoes. A stranger claiming to be the heiress, demanding funds and transport services, without any concrete proof, any overseer worth his occupation would be cautious. Still, he was a friendly sort, he didn't refuse her outright (which was a wise move on his part, albeit unknowingly), he still gave her some benefit of the doubt that Agatha spoke the truth. "I understand, Sir." The twintailed brunette sighed, clicking her tongue lowly, "You are just doing your job, I will not fault you for that. If only I have my family crest with me, but alas, shit happens." She shrugged, "Sure, I expected as much, Tulian." The heiress said to her elven friend before turning back to the overseer, "I'll get someone trustworthy to vouch for me. Until then, good day, Sir. Keep up the good work."

Agatha swiveled then made her way out of the drydock, there was no other reason to linger here. "Come on, let's go, last time I heard, Lyra wanted to see the person in charge of this city, which obviously means the Mayor. I think I know where the office is, I have been here a couple of times to resupply and turn-in jobs." Mused Agatha as she jogged lightly up the stairs back towards the city. "Alright... it should be.. this way!"

---

Whether through sheer luck or stroke of fate, Agatha arrived at the porch of Mayor Larota's office tower just as Lyra, the foreign warrior lady, the Mayor herself, and Alexa's teenaged friend met up. "Oh, hey!" Agatha announced her presence with a shout and wave of her left hand, her right still holding her new Talentium weapon. "Phew, just in time, it looks like you guys are leaving." The young woman wiped her forehead, "Alright, sorry for the intrusion, but Lyra, I need your favor in the Nightingale Drydock back at the port. Give your word to the overseer that I am indeed the Heiress. Can't get money or arrange transport for the refugees until he believes my claims." A warm smile, sliiightly begging, "Pretty please...?"

[/fieldbox]

8fGzoVb.png

"That's pretty quick," he muttered as he looked aside and scratched his cheek in thought. Looking down at his waist afterwards, he eventually nodded and asked, "Where and when?" The Rift Beast needed to be taken care of one way or another, and the reward for participating in the task was likely to be significant. Currying some favor with the officials from both towns, if any of Yuimas' remained at the least, wasn't a bad idea either.

Glancing towards Alexa's other friend who showed up with the blue-haired elf in tow, he stepped out of the way to let them speak with Lyra and turned his attention towards the foreigner. She probably knew where the force was supposed to gather as well, right?

LCscM8E.png

"In an hour," was Lyra's swift reply to Araki. "Naturally, time is of the essence. The airship with the vanguard of the subjugation force is being prepared in the interim."

Really, Lyra was sure that the force, with her help, would be enough to finish the job, but having an extra person that she knew at least a little would be helpful and welcoming.
Speaking of which, Lyra's eye caught a glance of a more intimate and familiar acquaintance approaching from behind Araki. She raised a waist-high hand in greeting. "Were your plans a success?" Listening to Agatha's plead, it seemed that her result was the complete opposite of what she intended. With the matter of identity and reputation being the crux of the situation, she was surprised that Agatha even tried without her crest or first going to Lyra, but then again, it wasn't a big deal for the purple-haired girl to sort, either, even if it was slightly troublesome.

"Okay. I can do that, but it has to be within the hour. If I resolve the issue, can I have your promise to aid the coming counterattack?"

The meeting played out just as he had guessed. Apparently It was going to take a little more than Agatha's word to get the overseer on their side and rightfully so. It would have been beyond negligent on the part of the overseer to just fork over the funds to some woman and her elf with no proof of her claims. Bearing Agatha's sensible response to the overseer, it appeared she felt the same way. Secretly, Tulian was relieved that she didn't make a scene. The young heiress had a penchant for flying off the handle sometimes. Agatha agreed to ask her friend for a favor yet again and the two of them were off headed back into town. Tulian remained quiet as they left the docks but thoughts were swirling in his head. He wondered if Agatha was ok with asking Lyra for so much aid. Just from the brief time in knowing her, she seemed to him like the proud sort but from her recent actions, she wasn't too proud to ask for help when it was needed. A respectable trait in his opinion. There were also a few questions on his mind, questions he wanted to ask Agatha in private and seeing as how they were approaching the mysterious teenage boy, Agatha's well connected friend and the pirate queen, they would be questions best left for another time.

Standing by Agatha's side, the two of them greeted the small group fashioned with new weapons and accessories. It would seem the two of them had made the most of their time wandering the town. After a very brief discussion, Lyra agreed to help Agatha but not without cost. He didn't blame Lyra for asking for Agatha's help. It was the way the world worked, you didn't get something for nothing, everything comes at a price. It became clear that there was some was some sort of battle being prepared for and Agatha's help was being requested. Without full confirmation of the details, Tulian offered Agatha a look and a nod as both he and Lyra waited for her response. His gesture told her that if needed, he would fight by her side. This was done without even saying a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.