Shark Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE BRITISH ARE COMING.

And @10ft. Ralph Macchio Nah, it's really not that gross. I've earned my red wings. As long as measures are taken to prevent a mess, I am down with sexing up My Bloody Valentine.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Adelaide
Just stick me in a bath tub and give me a week's supply of food. >:[
...I

I don't know how to respond to this. I am sorry Diana. But I imagine your hubby walking in on a scene from a some wierd japanese horrormovie.

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO MY BRAIN.

I don't know how to respond to this. I am sorry Diana. But I imagine your hubby walking in a scene from a some wierd japanese horrormovie.

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO MY BRAIN.

IT'S EXACTLY LIKE THIS. EXACTLY.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
Oh hey so long as we're talking Hormonal Hell, does anybody else get that thing where you're like, all emotional or weepy or sentimental one day, and then the next day shark week has started and you're like "I KNEW I wasn't a weak-ass bitch!"?
So much this.

Reactions: Minibit
Red tide specifically so you can say you have to switch surfboards.

..serious question to the ladues.

A Student Nearly Died After Forgetting She Left A Tampon In For 9 Days

...have you ever forgotten a tampon in you? I hear it happens a lot but how? I was always aware because it felt uncomfortable. So how?
A lot of tampons you don't even feel (especially 'slimfit' or 'sport' tampons, and among those, especially light-duty ones.). Tampons, even light duty ones, can absorb a LOT more than they typically need to. Take any tampon and stick it in a full glass of water and watch how much it soaks up, now consider that over the ENTIRE COURSE of her cycle, what is considered a 'very heavy flow' will amount to about a third of a cup of blood, and you'r eonly supposed to have a tampon in for a few hours; most of them shouldn't even be left in through the night. See the disparity?

This over-absorption leads to dehydration, which leads to microtears in the vagina, which become problematic when you also consider that tampons are bleached, and full of all kind of sanitizing and scents and absorbancy chemicals that fuck up the vagina's Ph balance normally, and can cause toxic shock syndrome if they get into the body through microtears. Not to mention that a 'full' or even partially full tampon is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. The longer it's in, the more likely you are to contract a good old fashioned bacterial infection, which at best is a royal pain, at worst can be a serious threat to your system.

Because some tampons are so unnoticeable, some people set rminders on their phones or clocks to change them out, but it's still pretty easy to forget if you're not disciplined.

Which is why (and those of you who have talked to me about shark week before saw this bit coming) I really endorse menstrual cups instead. They're flexible silicone which don't absorb anything from or add anything to your system, form a no-leaks seal beneath your cervix (where the blood comes from) and can be left in for up to twelve hours - and really the only reason you should remove it then is that it's probably full and it's not good to let yourself get backed up. You can use a cup for up to ten years, which means in addition to not RISKING DEATH ONCE A MONTH, you save money and the environment.

• Useful
Reactions: Hana and Mid
..serious question to the ladues.

A Student Nearly Died After Forgetting She Left A Tampon In For 9 Days

...have you ever forgotten a tampon in you? I hear it happens a lot but how? I was always aware because it felt uncomfortable. So how?
I'm the same way. I can't even keep one in for an hour, let alone 9 days. But then again, I grew up in a time when tampons were huge and uncomfortable. I stopped using them years ago.

Don't they give warnings about toxic shock syndrome in sex ed/puberty lessons any more? The teacher I had for mine made it sound like you'd come down with TSS if you used a tampon for more than a few minutes. Of course this is Catholic school back in the mid eighties early nineties. Pretty sure using a tampon was considered a sin....

I had a friend call it her monthly "gift", gift sarcastically
The monthly friend
Aunt flow
That time again

Personally I like to say my insides are being scrapped out by a fork. < this usually stops any awkward questions right there >:)

My body is like clockwork though and only the first day or so is bad cramp wise, so I've always just ridden it out naturally.
Temper wise I do get frustrated easier and have a tendency to cry over stupid things. Headaches. Headaches are a thing. I've spent my life dealing with migraines and a mystery headache, but menstrual headaches . . . I know what those are the moment it starts, usually about 3 days before.

Find me a ht bubble bath, peanut-butter with chocolate chips, and something good to drink and I do okay :)

Here's a question for the rest of you, Anyone else use painkillers for the worst of those crampy days? if so what kind? The ones they say are formulated for our cycles do nothing for me.

<.< >.> My grandmother gave me a comforter that had all red on one side and said it was great for when: "Your red-headed grandmother comes to town" So yeah.....I just call it a bad week. I don't use anything for cramps even when they get so bad I can't get out of bed. (this happened a lot in high school. I had to miss a few days of school due to it). but I do tend to get even moodier than usual which can be super bad. (I get moody when I'm hungry to the point I wanna scream at coworkers if they interrupt my noms. Luckily one of them has found humor and has said "So we should just throw a piece of pizza into your office on fridays before coming to get you. got it.")

I'm the same way. I can't even keep one in for an hour, let alone 9 days. But then again, I grew up in a time when tampons were huge and uncomfortable. I stopped using them years ago.

Don't they give warnings about toxic shock syndrome in sex ed/puberty lessons any more? The teacher I had for mine made it sound like you'd come down with TSS if you used a tampon for more than a few minutes. Of course this is Catholic school back in the mid eighties early nineties. Pretty sure using a tampon was considered a sin....

Most schools don't have sex ed now. Too many parents complained about it so kids don't know anything about anything however there are warning signs on boxes about TSS. I just can't imagine forgetting about something in me. Omo

Reactions: LunaValentine
Most schools don't have sex ed now. Too many parents complained about it so kids don't know anything about anything however there are warning signs on boxes about TSS. I just can't imagine forgetting about something in me. Omo
Who reads the boxes? lol

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mid

I feel like exaggerating the risk does as much harm as downplaying. Young women might think "if it was THAT bad, nobody would use them." :/

BUT WERE GETTING OFF TOPIC
(Me no less than anyone else, possibly more because it's something I'm passionate about.)

I had a friend call it her monthly "gift", gift sarcastically
The monthly friend
Aunt flow
That time again

Personally I like to say my insides are being scrapped out by a fork. < this usually stops any awkward questions right there >:)

My body is like clockwork though and only the first day or so is bad cramp wise, so I've always just ridden it out naturally.
Temper wise I do get frustrated easier and have a tendency to cry over stupid things. Headaches. Headaches are a thing. I've spent my life dealing with migraines and a mystery headache, but menstrual headaches . . . I know what those are the moment it starts, usually about 3 days before.

Find me a ht bubble bath, peanut-butter with chocolate chips, and something good to drink and I do okay :)

Here's a question for the rest of you, Anyone else use painkillers for the worst of those crampy days? if so what kind? The ones they say are formulated for our cycles do nothing for me.
Aunt Flow, hehehe I like that one.

I use ginger tea! Ginger is anti-inflammatory, and the hot water is soothing for your tummy. Hot packs, soup, and rest, as well as the wonderful power of distraction are my go to's. Mostly because I've been taking pharmaceutical painkillers pretty regularly for over a decade and they're gonna start wrecking my liver/kidneys, so I look for alternatives where I can. Anyway you should ask your/a doctor about pain management, not strangers with bodies and histories that aren't yours ;3

<.< >.> My grandmother gave me a comforter that had all red on one side and said it was great for when: "Your red-headed grandmother comes to town" So yeah.....I just call it a bad week. I don't use anything for cramps even when they get so bad I can't get out of bed. (this happened a lot in high school. I had to miss a few days of school due to it). but I do tend to get even moodier than usual which can be super bad. (I get moody when I'm hungry to the point I wanna scream at coworkers if they interrupt my noms. Luckily one of them has found humor and has said "So we should just throw a piece of pizza into your office on fridays before coming to get you. got it.")
My ex got squicky about even knowing when it was happening, so I'd say I had a stomachache or, if he was after sex, that it was "bad timing"

Looking back, I should've said "grow the fuck up" but c'est la vie.

That one is actually funny, because I did have a red-headed grandmother. XD

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
A lot of you ladies speak of cramps so I offer this advice. It works for my wife and it's near instantaneous. If it doesn't work, you're either weird in the body or doing wrong.

On the foot, specifically between the big toe metatarsal bone and the second toe metatarsal bone, there is a small "valley" between the bones where the squishy bits (muscle, fat, etc.) lie. Starting near the top, where your metatarsal bones meet, you will want to press lightly and slide your finger down toward the phalanges (toes). Think of your finger like a Jamaican bobsled team and the foot valley is their underfunded training grounds. Just slide that sled down the track .Keep doing this until your insides put out the fire.

I was going to put up a picture, but you're not my wives, so I don't have to.

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy
Status
Not open for further replies.