Not open for further replies.
VAGINA BOOGERS! 8D

Reactions: The Mood is Write
It just dawned on me...

Why is it called Shark Week?

It just dawned on me...

Why is it called Shark Week?
5df545bdced5b46ac2365e8643a91dd0.jpg

I thought it was cause the vagina bites anything that enters during that time of the month o_o HAVE I BEEN LIED TO???

• Bucket of Rainbows
I thought it was cause the vagina bites anything that enters during that time of the month o_o HAVE I BEEN LIED TO???
No no, it's that too.

WELP. Mine must be on its way in. I just went simpering bitch mode last night. :x Beware, Iwaku!

THE RED TIDE COMES
THE FRENCH FLAG IS DYED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE REVOLUTION
MY BED IS BECOME JAPANESE
THE WAR BANNER FLIES
CRYING RED TEARS

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Minibit
Also, has anyone else noticed how they sync up with online friends? That happens all the bloody time to me.

Some studies say coincidence. Others say social connections cause syncing.

I say it doesn't fucking matter so long as you are able to manage it.

So if it makes you feel closer to someone to believe you're synced up, cool.

If you think it's a fun little coincidence that sometimes you bleed in harmony, cool.

If you just don't fucking care, cool.

I was super synced with my bestie until my period suddenly was a week late two months in a row D: And with super synced I mean that I got it first and exactly when my ended hers began xD Not synced as in starting at the same time, but close enough. ONE DAY WE WILL BE BACK HAVING OUR EXCHANGE PERIOD SYNC THING!

I was super synced with my bestie until my period suddenly was a week late two months in a row D: And with super synced I mean that I got it first and exactly when my ended hers began xD Not synced as in starting at the same time, but close enough. ONE DAY WE WILL BE BACK HAVING OUR EXCHANGE PERIOD SYNC THING!
I dunno if this applies, but I read this somewhere years ago and just looked it up again. Key word for it is 'alleged', after all.

Menstrual synchrony, also called the McClintock effect,[2] is the alleged process whereby women who begin living together in close proximity experience their menstrual cycle onsets (the onset of menstruation or menses) becoming closer together in time than previously. "For example, the distribution of onsets of seven female lifeguards was scattered at the beginning of the summer, but after 3 months spent together, the onset of all seven cycles fell within a 4-day period."[3]
That's from Wikipedia, btw, so don't take my word for it. But I think it's kind of true, since my period was freaky synced with my mom's back in high school. I also know that the girls in my dorm here (the last few residents who have since moved out, at least) had consecutive periods, or even coinciding on some days.

McClintock hypothesized that pheromones could cause menstrual cycle synchronization.[3][5] However, other mechanisms have been proposed, most prominently synchronization with lunar phases.[4]

LADIES!

I love funny names for periods. My favourite and personal most-used is "shark week," and I swear it's half the reason I need a shark emoji.

Other ones I've heard include
  • Blood Moon
  • blowjob/handjob week
  • blood sacrifice ("I can't go swimming, I'm making a blood sacrifice" x'D)
  • Ovarian housekeeping
  • Uterus Riot Week
  • Mensies (not terribly original but it sounds so cute!)
  • the Red Menace
What are some more?
Ahem, random Chinese time!
Chinese people have some weird names/phrases for periods that's actually used in the media like dramas and stuff. It's kinda embarrassing and stupid because nobody actually uses the actual word for it (月经) but these random ass terms, such as:
  • 她大姨妈来了 (Her eldest aunt has come.)
Seems to be the Chinese version of 'Aunt Flo'?? I seriously don't know why you would compare it to an aunt but...
  • 她老朋友来了 (Her old friend has come)
  • 'Her little sister has come'
  • 她例假了 (She's on public holiday)
  • 她喜事来了 (A good thing has come.) UM THIS IS SO NOT TRUE WHO THE HECK CAME UP WITH THIS.

I dunno if this applies, but I read this somewhere years ago and just looked it up again. Key word for it is 'alleged', after all.

That's from Wikipedia, btw, so don't take my word for it. But I think it's kind of true, since my period was freaky synced with my mom's back in high school. I also know that the girls in my dorm here (the last few residents who have since moved out, at least) had consecutive periods, or even coinciding on some days.

Well, 1. We don't live together nor do we meet each other very often RL, so if it can't really be the case even if it's true. 2. I wasn't completely serious. Sure we have had matching cycles like that for a while, but there have been lots of times when we don't match, lots of times when we've had on the same week and lots of times when she has had right before me.

Also, that thing you're talking about is a myth. A very well spread myth, but a myth non the less. Normally girls gets their periods around every 28 to 31st day, but a normal cycle can be as wide as 21 to 35 days even though that is less common. If you have two females living together, one has a regular 28 days cycle and another a 31 days cycle, they will eventually match up with one another for a while, then they will unmatch eventually for a while.

It is also a very psychological thing, we'd rather see how well we match our friends than see the things we don't match in. Rather than seeing the times when we don't sync up, we are more likely to see the times when we do sync up. We might remember them more because that is the time when we share something with our friend. If we're having menstruation cramps, then that's a pain we share together and we will remember it better than the time when I had a period and she didn't get it before two weeks later.

You can always google menstruation cycle synchronize myth and read up on it. It is very easy to find stuff about it. If you have google phobia, here's some links I found that seems to be pretty good. I have only skimmed through the text though. Text 1, text 2

Well, 1. We don't live together nor do we meet each other very often RL, so if it can't really be the case even if it's true. 2. I wasn't completely serious. Sure we have had matching cycles like that for a while, but there have been lots of times when we don't match, lots of times when we've had on the same week and lots of times when she has had right before me.

Also, that thing you're talking about is a myth. A very well spread myth, but a myth non the less. Normally girls gets their periods around every 28 to 31st day, but a normal cycle can be as wide as 21 to 35 days even though that is less common. If you have two females living together, one has a regular 28 days cycle and another a 31 days cycle, they will eventually match up with one another for a while, then they will unmatch eventually for a while.

It is also a very psychological thing, we'd rather see how well we match our friends than see the things we don't match in. Rather than seeing the times when we don't sync up, we are more likely to see the times when we do sync up. We might remember them more because that is the time when we share something with our friend. If we're having menstruation cramps, then that's a pain we share together and we will remember it better than the time when I had a period and she didn't get it before two weeks later.

You can always google menstruation cycle synchronize myth and read up on it. It is very easy to find stuff about it. If you have google phobia, here's some links I found that seems to be pretty good. I have only skimmed through the text though. Text 1, text 2
xD I don't usually research stuff about menstruation so I only remembered it from a half-forgotten magazine article I read when I was 13 and looking through my aunt's 'forbidden' stash of women's magazines. Yeah, I can see why it would be a myth. Kind of curious how our periods can match up with other ladies we know though

Status
Not open for further replies.