Set Sail to the Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashlyn nodded in response to the elf before she flashed a winning smile at the hooded man.

"Welcome to the crew then." She chirped. she let her eyes sweep across the room. "Go ahead and have a seat, get to know your fellow crew mates." She purred before she began to mess with the pile of applications up front of her. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. There was still a couple hours of waiting to go. She picked up her water and added salt to it again, much like she had the first glass. SHe glanced over at Ashta and a grin slid over her lips. "Aye, that it is." She couldn't wait to be out on open sea.

Ashta grins at the captain before turning to the rest of the crew. "Well, since we're waiting for the other crew to arrive," she says with a faint accent. "I might as well explain my purpose here." Leaning back in the chair she gestures to herself. "Ashta, a unusual cook looking for a bit of adventure." Purple eyes glow with slight excitement. She grabs a mug of beer and subtly tips it to the ground so a couple drops spill out. Before the drops hit the ground though they turn into blood and splatter red across the tavern's floor. "I also might have a few talents that some members of this crew can understand and appreciate," she adds with a bright grin. "What about you dogs? Who want's to share a little secrets, hm?"

Simeon sniffs, looking over the application again. He idly hoped that he hadn't made any spelling mistakes. That would be embarrassing. "Uh, ma'am?" he asked hesitantly, offering the scroll to the woman he hoped was the captain. He glanced around at the crowd, noting that their species were all different. His nose was being overwhelmed with different scents, and he made the decision to breathe through his mouth more. Sorting out who was what could be done later. Once she approved his application. If she approved his application.

The Siren looked up at the new man who had come into the room. She gave him a smile and an appreciative once over. Okay, so maybe she was getting hungry...maybe she should take Scrubz up on his offer to share his blood. She took a quick gulp of saltwater, her eyes doing their bounce between natural and human again.

"Welcome." She commented even as she opened the scroll, "Mr. Simeon." She added his name as her eyes scanned the page. After a moment she let it roll back up and she inclined her head. "You'll certainly be getting your share of adventure." She commented. "Welcome to the crew." she gestured around. "Go ahead and take it easy, get to know the rest of the crew." She instructed.

Unim casually takes a seat and politely refuses the vile brews. "I dare say ale does not do me well. But alas I thank you for offering." After seeing Ashta's little performance, his excitement levels grew to new heights. "What a most fascinating talent! If I dare say so myself you are quite the interesting creature. Are you perhaps an alchemist... no no. That is surely to simple. My my, you've certainly peaked my curiosity. So much I'll shall show you a bit of fun myself."

A knife suddenly appeared in Unim's left hand and he proceeds to stab his right hand onto the table. Blood oozed from open wound. With a fanciful flourish, he removes the knife, chucks it into the air, and sweeps his hand making it disappear. Blood continued to ooze from his right hand. Unim then covers his right hand with left; a small glow shines beneath. Unim slowly lifts both hands and shows the back and front of his right. The wound has completely disappeared. A small pool of blood lingers still. Unim grins at the vampire. "Sorry for such temptations but I would implore you not to taste my blood. It has such a... tainted smell doesn't it?" Unim pulls out a hankerchief and begins cleaning his gloved hand and the table. "A bit of a mess but quite fun." He leans back and crosses his arms. His grin has not faded but seemed to stretch unnaturally farther. "Oh I hope to see lovely things from all of you."

"I certainly hope so, ma'am." Simeon smiled widely, aiming for a chair and sitting down. Another woman, one with an unfamiliar scent was speaking. She asked the rest about their secrets. A second crew member, male, responded, cutting himself and then healing the wound. "Daaamn." He couldn't really hope to beat any of that, really. "I can shift into a wolf," he offered, trying to add to the conversation. "Well, more like a wolf that walks on two legs."

Ashta grins at the Unim's performance. "Delightful. Your blood may seem... tainted but that just makes it all the more intriguing to a collector such as myself. So many hidden properties" She turns around to Simeon and offers him a drink. "I'm named after wolves, actually. So I think that's a wonderful ability!" Ashta tilts her head and smiles. "Different scenarios call for different traits~"

"Thanks," he responded, both to the drink and her opinion of his ability. After smiling widely, Simeon accepted the drink. These people seemed to be nice, honestly. Maybe it wouldn't be a tense adventure after all. "So, why are you all here? Wealth? Adventure?" He paused for a moment, then decided to answer his own question. "I'm in it for the adventure. Exploring the open seas and such." His smile gained a wistful quality as he spoke, imagining all of the places they would no doubt visit.

Trilk turned towards the corner he had been directed too. There seemed to be a wide variety of persons gathered around a woman who seemed to be the captain. This would be an adventure indeed. Even if nothing of any consequence befell the group their personalities and species alone would provide him with enough entertainment for months.

Hefting his application in a gloved hand, he shrugged his shoulders and made his way over, the tiny silver bells strung in his hair chiming softly with every move he made.

"Hello," he said softly, but confidently, as he gained the edge of the group, "might thee be the person to whom I should present this?" and he held out his application toward the woman who seemed to be directing the conversation.

Ashlyn watched the groups antics in amusement. Until she cringed when the good doctor stabbed his own hand. I wonder if that was really necessary... that was the first instance she began to wonder if the crew where completely sane. As another voice, another figure and another application appeared, the siren looked up. She gave a small welcoming smile. She kept her eyes locked on the mans face, not giving into the urge to give him a once over like she had done the wolf before him. She retrieved the offered scroll.

"AYe that'd be me." She laughed lightly then looked down at the now open application. She stared at his name for a moment. That'll be a mouthfull. She looked up and gave the fae man a smile. "Welcome to the crew." She said before she inclined her head towards the rest of the assembled's antics. "Feel free to join them as you wish, or lurk in a corner."

"Ah, forgive me," Trilk smiled back, "But twas not my intention to join a crew aiming to sail the seas only to spend my time avoiding their company." He glanced around the group keeping his expression pleasant and almost happy. He did not particularly like elves, and he had no confidence in humans, but, he supposed, nether one would have been allowed to join this crew had they been the average sort.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Trilkian D'annour, but please address me as Trilk if thou so desire." He stated sketching a small bow. Then, as if to completely rebuff the formality of the statement, Trilk reached behind him, grabbed an empty chair, spun it around so that it landed backwards in front of him, and then proceeded to straddle the seat and fold his arms across the back. "It is a pleasure to meet thee all." And he shot the group as a whole his most winning smile.

Ashta smirked at Trilk's display but nods a head in his direction anyway. "The pleasure is mutual, at least of my own."

Unim gasps loudly as if struck. "Oh my. Where are my manners. I have introduced myself to the captain, but forgot to do so for you fine fellows. This certainly must be corrected. I am Unim Kiliem, traveling doctor. I welcome you Trilk to this most lovely crew. May our times be most enjoyable." He smiles and claps his hands. "Now that is settled. I will answer your question. What do I seek in such an fine journey: the quenching of curiosity, the procurement of knowledge. There are things in this world most hidden and it wouldn't be proper for them to stay hidden." His smiles grows wider. "Unraveling these small secrets is such a delight." He then gestures towards the group. "Now I am most eager for you to speak of your motives."

Scrubz raises his booze up to all the newcomers to welcome in the crew. "Help yourself to the drinks on the tray."
"I'm here for the money" Scrubz replied "and for a little secret.....Unim as much as your blood intrigues me....." "Scrubz pulls out his bottle from his cape "This is my source plus it keeps my humanity in check and not go all bitey bitey".

Viper hadn't taken a seat yet after being welcomed aboard he nodded his head and turned around making his way to the wall and resting his back against it. He watched as more people piled into the room one after the other, people he would be spending his days with from here on out, but he had heard of the journeys that many had taken before them to solve the mysteries of this poem, this legend an none have lived to tell the tale, just how many of these people, these comrades live to see the pier of this city again or even the wealth that would come at the end of this. He yawned lightly for the time being though he would put such things aside for now an watch th people

"Ye' all have some interesting reasons for joinin' up. I'm just in it for the money. I once sold my bombs ta' people for a profit, but now no one's buying." Ellen said. She trailed her finger along the grain of the tables wood, leaving behind a glowing green dust-like substance.

His interest was always perked by the mention of explosives, and the bombs dangling from her belt were certainly....interesting. Simeon's head tilted and he looked at Ellen. "Are your bombs special or something?" he asked, then paused for a moment and added, "Or do they just explode?"

"Depends on the bomb. Some just explode, others have little tricks inside." Ellen took a bomb from her belt "Like this one, it makes the whole room pitch black after it explodes." She fiddled with the bomb. "I use a mixture of my fairy magic and alchemy to make 'em"

Trilk grinned as the Veela woman returned his greeting and then his eyes widened, betraying his surprise, as the human very dramatically announced his name and profession. So, the human was the doctor? That could be problematic, problematic indeed if the man, Unim, was not well versed in the aspects of treating more magical species.

Beside him the fairy woman, he was interested in her story but it would have to wait, and a man who appeared to be a werewolf seemed to be deep in conversation about bombs and abilities, But Trilk ignored them. If he was going to sail with this crew there was something he had to know before setting out.

"Tell me, Dr. Unim, Hast thee ever heard tell of the Iron Death?"

It was perhaps both his greatest fear and his greatest weakness, the single touch of iron that could spread poison though his veins until it eventual y reached his heart. Some might say he was a fool to even mention it, but it was the enemy of every Fae and Trilk felt that it was better to share such a thing with his comrades then not. Especially when a single careless mistake could cost him his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.