Seekers and Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm going to be playing a female Seeker. Working on my CS, now. I've already talked to Plato about it over Skype.

I think I did something wrong with the tab? Are there spoiler codes I can use instead? xD

@Karma200

It's actually important to have the
Code:
[tabs] [/tabs]
around the other BB Code. So it has to look like
Code:
[tabs][Tab | Story |] 200 A.D.

That is when a war which would echo through the ages began. It's a simple tale, honestly. It starts in a cabin in the woods, with a loving father, a mother and the birth of two children – twins, a boy and a girl. It was a wondrous affair, as the husband and wife, for the longest, yearned for children. They lived a simple life away from society, finding it much more peaceful to live off the land rather than the oppressive rule of the government... Etc...[/tab][/tabs]

for it to look like:

[tabs][Tab | Story |] 200 A.D.

That is when a war which would echo through the ages began. It's a simple tale, honestly. It starts in a cabin in the woods, with a loving father, a mother and the birth of two children – twins, a boy and a girl. It was a wondrous affair, as the husband and wife, for the longest, yearned for children. They lived a simple life away from society, finding it much more peaceful to live off the land rather than the oppressive rule of the government... Etc...[/tab][/tabs]

So just put
Code:
[tabs]
at the start of it and
Code:
[/tabs]
at the end

Well, I was more wondering over the debate of how their structure played out. Seeker deals killing blow vs Hunter does all the damage, etc.

Also: Should hunter/seeker pairs be male/female or can they also be female/female male/male? Opens up room for matchmaking

@Rainjay I think it can go either way, in terms of how the Hunter/Seeker teams handle things, instead of having it be based on a set formula.

In regards to the Pairs, I 'unno. I don't think it disrupts the dynamic any seeing as how there are Female Hunters and Male Seekers, so Female/Female and Male/Male teams could be possible. It may just all come down to each characters overall compatibility with the other. @Karma200, what do you say?

It can be female/female male/male or female/male x]

With my schedule I am going to have to drop out of this, I know this must be annoying, but sorry. It would be best if I drop out, otherwise you would be waiting weeks to continue. Need to focus on Source engine modeling at the moment, so placing multiple paragraphs at a time is not possible. Give my spot to the next lucky SOB to serve with you amazing people.

@Vyork Ashfin It's fine. Best of luck with whatever you're working on, buddy.

@Karma200, @Evil-Ducky, @Rainjay, @Vietmyke, @Raevoryx - Even though Vyork won't be able to join us, we should be able to start quite possibly by Wednesday. I can handle the other 2 Male Characters to even everything out, at least until more people join.

Back to watching shitty Youtube Vids~

Three characters is a lot, I could just bring back the other male character I had before so we're both playing 2

That would be awesome xD 3 Characters is indeed a lot, but I've controlled up to like 10 characters before in one single instance. Wasn't the best thing ever, but it was... Interesting. Especially because I kept screwing up names and getting confused. A very lulzy affair when you constantly refer to a 'she' as a 'he' xD

Wait so which role do we need for the last male? Seeker? I think that was it

Uh...

Hunters:
Me
Myke
Rain

Seekers:
Evil

So, one Hunter and one Seeker. Whichever you wanna go with @Vietmyke

Working on a character. Maybe will have her up tomorrow. Ran into a rut when I realized how similar she ended up being to Caelum X_X

Are you still accepting female hunters?

@Marisol Haarpe
Uh...

Well, in theory, I think we could accept another one? Karma had wanted to keep the Female/Male Ratio even, but if there can be Male/Male and Female/Female I don't see why we wouldn't be able to accept another Female Hunter, even if it would slightly unbalance the ratio.

@Karma200 - it's up to you.

Well I mean if it's problem I wouldn't mind waiting. I don't want to mess up the flow.

Raevoryx:

Name- Vai "Sika" Sin
Age- 20
Occupation- Baker
Personality- Generally a quiet person, Vai tends to keep to herself in order to avoid conflict, disliking the idea of having to deal with dangerous situations. Preferring to watch from the sidelines in order to find the best path to survival, she has an almost heartless disposition when it comes to solving battles. Many would consider her a cold person for her tendency to let others make mistakes without mentioning the risk to them beforehand, but she's never let the opinions of other bother her. She rarely gets attached to people, having 'learned better' when she listened to her mother die, the experience etched in her mind like a like a broken that constantly repeats itself. Vai has very little interest in exploring relationships with other individuals since she feels that it's safer to avoid emotional connections to people in case they die horrific deaths later on.

Which they usually do.

Seeker or Hunter- Seeker

History- Growing up, Vai was a very polite child. Some would even call her an angel throughout the various stages of her younger life. Praised for her humility and kindness, the young girl was hardly prepared when she began seeing images and visions, things that she couldn't explain. Her parents struggled to understand the source of trouble for the girl. The once relaxed and quiet child became unsure, shy, and reclusive. Often her mother would find her hiding beneath her bed, small hands clasped to her ears as if to keep out the noise.

The dark shapes were always there, their forms shifting between planes as anxiety gripped the growing girl. Vai strove to be unnoticed, unobtrusive, silent as the visions her family and friends couldn't hear. Panic attacks became a daily occurrence as Vai felt the presence of the strange beings closing in during the last week before it happened.

Days before her 10th birthday, Vai woke to hear the dying screams of her mother. And she felt it. Running to her bedroom door, Vai saw the possessed child dragging the decapitated head of her mother. Her chest practically convulsed with the panic attack that ensued. Looking back, the young woman realized that this was the first time she had used her ability, a haze had engulfed her mind before instincts kicked in and she shredded the deformed creature before her.

Waking up in the forest, Vai ran as soon as she regained her senses. Showing up after days in a town she had never heard of, deciding to pursue an entirely new life known as 'Sika'.

As a young teenager, the reddish-pink haired girl became increasingly obsessed with the occult before she realized that it merely amused the specters that leered at her from the corners. Fearing that she would attract unwanted attention as she learned about the strange world, the young woman took up baking, finding that her obsession had given her a strange affinity for the occupation while the early hours working before the small store opened gave her an excuse to be away from her adoptive home in order to conceal the fact that she barely slept.

Likes- Quiet people, Stars
Dislikes- Loud Noises, Loud People, Surprises, Questions
Partner- None
Relationship- None
Appearance-
6HfyxbZ.jpg
Power-
Aerokinesis - Vai has the ability to manipulate the air surrounding her body. Never having much incentive to train her skills for combat, the woman rather learned to skillfully create barriers in order to avoid and deflect potential threats. While having a panic attack at work once she nearly suffocated a co-worker who was trying to help her. This was a branch of her abilities that she studiously avoids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shalashaska
Accepted, could you put a bit more on her personality?

I'm not too fond of playing male characters so let me know if you ever get an opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.