Seekers and Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be appreciated!! >.<

@Evil-Ducky
@Vietmyke

You guys still in?
May I suggest you post a link to the RP here or here?

And, if I may be so bold, I could help you write a more fleshed out description of the RP. I have my own RP Site, story and all, so I may be able to assist on that front. The story and concept for yours definitely caught my interest, but if it had a little more 'oomph' it could maybe attract more people. But, this is just an offer and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds/offending you.

That would actually be extremely helpful >.< This is an rp that I've made a long time ago and decided to bring it back, I know I should add more to it but I'm all out of ideas for it. Your help is needed if you would x]

DOGy7tb.jpg
Name: Caelum Darius Mirrhai
Personality: He's a silent yet cocky individual, letting his ego make itself present through his mannerisms and actions. Being unable to talk, he operates solely through body language and facial expressions, and he's made it a habit to carefully 'read' those close to him. He is, undoubtedly, an introvert with the outward qualities of an extrovert. He does his best to keep to himself, but when in the presence of others, he's not afraid to get his point across and disagree with something his 'gut' tells him isn't a good idea.

Yet, beneath the layers and layers of attitude lies a good-intentioned individual. If he sees someone in need, he's more than willing to forsake his anti-social attitude and assist them.

Seeker or Hunter: Hunter
History:
Growing up in The Deep South, Caelum learned to fend for himself from a young age. Orphaned at the age of five when his mother left him on the side of the rode in the middle of a storm. Feeling lost and alone, he developed a sort of grim outlook towards the world, despising the children who were able to enjoy the company of a loving family while he wasted away inside of an orphanage. Said despondency was magnified by the strange things he would see out of the corner of his eye. He could never understand why no one else saw the 'strange shadows' like he could, and it filled him with an inexplicable anger when he was told he was 'crazy'.

And then, 'tragedy' struck. It was, in all honesty, an accident - just not the kind authorities thought occurred. What was originally a prank gone wrong quickly escalated. Having always seen the 'shadows' that no one else could, Caelum was naturally a target to be picked on. He wasn't a wimp, though - no, he always fought back. He wouldn't lie down and die no matter how many times he was called crazy or pushed down into the dirt. Every time someone called him crazy, he'd respond in kind with a middle finger. Every time someone pushed him down, he be right back up punching and biting with a vengeance. So, what happens when a group of children paint their sheets black and wait until the middle of the night to pull Caelum off his bed to scare him?

He burns the orphanage down.

Not intentionally, obviously. He was trying to defend himself from the 'shadows' in the only way he didn't know he could. Within an instant, as he screamed in fear at the looming pranksters who were disguised as 'shadows', his hands were consumed by fire and he could feel what could only be described as 'lava-like saliva' drain from his mouth and then, suddenly, everything went black. The next thing he knew, he was waking up on the floor, smoking feeling his lungs as his eyes watered and he stood in horror as the orphanage slowly burned and collapsed around him. Not knowing what happened, he allowed his instincts to kick in and he ran as fast as he could.

That was the day he learned of his 'curse'.

It was difficult for him, to be young and alone - scared of his own self. How could he explain it? How could he explain the fact that he could create fire? That, when he got excited, his entire body temperature would heat up to the point he could practically spit orange lava. If people thought he was crazy for seeing 'shadows', which were slowly taking more menacing shapes, then how what would they think of him if they knew what he could do? And so he ran, living his life constantly moving and taking odd jobs when he could, melting through the locks of stores and homes when he couldn't.

It became his way of life, and then, he found another person like him. A 'Hunter', the man called himself. He was old in age, but he was able to teach Caelum everything he needed to know to find off the 'shadows' which Caelum now knew were called 'spirits'. He didn't know if they were 'evil' or 'bad' - all he knew, and cared about, was the fact it his duty to confront and eliminate them. The problem arose in the fact that, to do, he'd need a partner - a Seeker.

And so, after spending the last few years with the veteran hunter, Caelum now embarks to find a 'Seeker' to assist him in hunting spirits.

Music - (Anything that involves guitars.)
Pizza.
Easy going people.
Books.

Dislikes:
His powers.
Obnoxious people.
Police Officers.

Partner: Open.
Relationship: Open.
Powers:
Pyrokinesis:
An ability which allows Caelum to create and control fire. It's a bit different in his case due to the fact that his powers don't necessarily end there. In fact, they affects his own body as well, to the point that he is constantly 'emitting' heat, making it so his body could be considered a furnace to some extent. If he doesn't focus on 'controlling' his pyrokinesis, it could easily spiral out of control and burn or incinerate those close to him. As such, he tends to keep his fire 'built up' in his mouth, as it's the only way he can keep it contained, and when he does speak, he has to allow the fire to spread over his body, usually his hands, or else the flames would go out of control. His powers are also somewhat connected to his emotions due to the fact that, when he gets excited or angered by something, his usually pale skin will begin to turn orange and his saliva turns into the equivalent of lava.

[2nd Ability To Be Thought Up/Discovered(?)]

PS: I apologize for anything that may be misspelled. It's currently 3:12 AM and I'm beating off sleep with an ugly stick, just so I can finish this xD
Accepted x]

I guess I can just put this here (I have some free-time so I thought I'd just type something up really fast)
@Karma200

200 A.D.

That is when a war which would echo through the ages began. It's a simple tale, honestly. It starts in a cabin in the woods, with a loving father, a mother and the birth of two children – twins, a boy and a girl. It was a wondrous affair, as the husband and wife, for the longest, yearned for children. They lived a simple life away from society, finding it much more peaceful to live off the land rather than the oppressive rule of the government.

As time passed, and the twins grew older, the couple was blessed with another set of children. Another set of twins – a boy and a girl. Yet, things were different. Their birth sparked a change in the others. The once joyful pair of twins began to act strange – sometimes blanking out and talking to things that weren't there. They were inseparable, and their parents could only worry as they did their best to raise their children to the best of their abilities.

What alarmed them most was the fact their eldest daughter would seem to hold conversations with nothing. At times breaking out into crying and screaming fits if she was away from her twin for too long; as if there was something she was afraid of. The youngest pair had their own quirks as well. The youngest daughter was always quiet and despondent, at times disappearing for days in the forest only to return with blood-stained hands and mouth. The son was seemingly oblivious to it all, spending his time playing and learning.

But, eventually, as the parents feared, something happened. A tragedy occurred. During the winter season, something impossible happened. Around the cabin and only around the cabin, a snowstorm formed. The family had lived in the woods for years, yet they had never seen a flake of snow. Yes, the temperature would drop to the point it was practically freezing, but never before had snow fallen. The parents saw it as an ill omen; something which was magnified by the fact the cold seemed to drive the youngest daughter away, with her returning infrequently each time covered in more and more blood.

The father was never really a religious man, believing that nature was naturally unpredictable and that anything a man earned, he earned through his own actions and not from worshiping a being above. His wife was a different story, though. Having been raised in a religious household, she had been taught to worship many gods, though her 'dedication' dwindled as she grew older, yet she held onto her beliefs loosely. So, to placate his wife's worries, the father travelled to the nearest town and sought out the elder shaman.

He explained to the man about his children and how snow was falling only above his family's cabin. The man merely confirmed his wife's suspicions that one of their children was cursed before sending him away, telling him that the only way to break the curse was to sacrifice the cursed child. Yet, by the time he returned home with the shaman and a few guards, all hell had broken loose.

The snow had ceased to fall, yet the cabin had been frozen solid, with one half of it completely destroyed, along with most of the land. His wife lay on the ground unmoving, as well as the body of his youngest daughter. The youngest sun stared blankly, all life drained from his eyes as he stared at his sister's body.

The eldest twins, though. They were the source of the fear and commotion. The girl's features had changed, resembling that of a cat as she spoke in an unknown tongue. The boy's arms were covered with strange inscriptions and his skin had turned a pale blue as he created and manipulated ice to seemingly destroy the landscape. To the father, shaman and guards, the twins appeared to be something of pure evil, using 'wicked sorcery' to kill the family.

From the twin's perspective, though, they were merely trying to protect themselves and everyone else. Ever since their younger siblings were born, the eldest sister had begun to see something hanging over the younger girl. It followed her like a shadow that resonated with a malignant force. Over time, the eldest son began to realize he could control the cold and he used it to steadily drive the strange thing away to keep his twin safe, even if it meant driving the younger sister away.

But, when the father left, the spirit which seemed to hang over the younger girl took control. Within an instant it returned to the cabin, ignoring the cold as it lashed out and killed the mother. Doing the only thing he could, the eldest son allowed his instincts to overtake him as his powers surged forth and he began to battle the spirit, the monster now having form in both his eyes and his twin's.

And, on that day, the first Soul Hunters were born.

As quick as the spirit struck, it was just as quickly killed by the combined efforts of the twins. Yet, unfortunately, irreparable damage had been done. A once solid and loving family had been torn to bits.
A mother and daughter lay dead. A son's mind shatters. A father thinks his children, whom he loved, to be evil beings.

And a lone brother and sister run away, struggling to survive against humans who think them demons and malevolent spirits which seek to feast upon the blood of the twins. Yet, along the way of their years of running, they come across other children like them and, eventually, they decide to fight back against the spirits while hiding from society.

It is now the 21st​ Century and a shadow war rages. When the first two Soul Hunters 'awoke' and slayed the first 'spirit' something changed in the world. It was as if someone opened Pandora's Box and, ever since, countless Soul Hunters have been born and, subsequently, died. There are those who believe that being a Hunter or Seeker is a great gift, while there are naturally those that hate their 'curse'.

The life of a Soul Hunter is a harsh and brutal one. They live in a world where supernatural forces seek to consume them, while also having to survive against society.

Perhaps we should rewind, just a bit.

Back to 200 A.D. and the tale of the four siblings.

The eldest twins became Soul Hunters.

The youngest girl was host to the first 'slain' spirit.

But what of the youngest son, whose mind shattered? He couldn't believe what he saw. He couldn't believe the sight of the spirit which seemed to appear out of nothing – how it controlled his twin sister's body like a puppet on strings. How it killed his mother. How his older siblings killed his sister.

It was too much at once. He couldn't believe his eyes. Something inside of him snapped. Something crucial.

But he recovered. Slowly, but surely, his mind pieced itself back together, but he was different. That once clueless and playful child was replaced by something else. He was now driven. He dedicated the rest of his life to the government. He chose the route of a soldier, gradually rising up into a position power. When he gained this new position, in which even the ruling emperor would listen to him, he started his crusade.

The crusade against Seekers.

In his mind, after years of studying various religious texts, he was sure that the Seekers were the answer to truly destroying spirits. He believed that, so long as Seekers continued to draw breath, spirits would continue to torment and plague humanity. So, with the emperor's consent, he created a special troupe. A troupe designed to weed out and kill any Seekers and any Hunters which sought to protect them.

And, after all these years, that troupe remains. Even though it has changed over the ages, it still exists to this day. Their goal, always the same – the extermination of all Seekers. The scary part? Almost all of the field operatives are Hunters.

Hunters that choose to hunt and slay their own kind.

So, how do you survive in a world where supernatural entities and your own kind seek your death? I don't know – so why don't you show me?

So, uh, basically what I'm proposing is the following -

1. A backstory detailing the creation of the first Soul Hunters and what 'set off' the birth of all Hunters/Seekers that followed.

2. An added faction - Seeker Hunters. Their main goal and belief being to kill all Seekers because, in their mind, spirits only attack/effect Humans because of Seekers.

And, here's what I'm asking -

1. What exactly sets a Hunter and Seeker apart from one another? I know Hunters are more combat oriented, but exactly why does a Hunter need a Seeker? Is there something that specifically sets them apart? Here's another idea - Hunter's cannot actually 'fight' a spirit without a Seeker 'pulling' them into the material plane. As in, a Hunter can walk down a street and not notice a spirit, where as if a Seeker does it, the spirit will naturally be pulled into 'reality'. I apologize if I'm being confusing, but I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the natural dynamic/relationship of a Hunter and Seeker.

2. What's the exact plot? Or will it be something that unfolds dynamically?

3. Can I get a more detailed explanation of the company of 'Death'?

But, remember, these are all merely suggestions/questions. I'll be able to write something a bit more concise when I get more info.

@Jageroux, that was beautifully written, and it does a great job in establishing lore and background.

Also, I too wonder about the dynamic relationship between Hunters and Seekers - What I had originally seen was that Seekers can sense spirits from far away, and can see them in person and fight them with one ability, while a Hunter can see them in person and fights them with two abilities. In this case, essentially the only difference between them was that Seekers traded one power for the ability to sense spirits from a distance (And the agility/reflex difference)

I like the potential solution you proposed of Hunters being unable to fight spirits without the aid of a seeker. I'm going to brainstorm a couple solutions as well, though I am leaning towards the one you suggested.

Brainstorm a. Hunters and Seekers can both see spirits 'in person' per say, but Seekers are able to sense them from great distances away. Hunters are more combat oriented and have much more advanced control of their powers, but cannot actually kill spirits. The Seeker must land the killing blow in order to eliminate the spirit. This would mean Soul Hunters had to be in a Hunter-Seeker pair in order to be effective. The Seeker locates the spirit, the Hunter does the heavy lifting to subdue the spirit, followed by the Seeker finishing off the spirit.

Brainstorm b. This one is a derivative of your Jager's idea. The Spirits are invisible to normal people, and extremely difficult for Hunters to spot - they may appear as nothing more as a distortion of the air. Seekers have the innate ability to reveal the Spirit to the Hunter's eyes. The main difference between this idea and Jager's is that the Spirits are already on the material plane, just invisible.

:yikes: That is a looott but I am :bananaman: happy over it.

Lol I haven't been on this site for long and never went through the smiley faces but there are a lot, I like these:

:parrot2:
:pow:
:evilrabbit:

@Vietmyke, thanks for the compliment. It means a lot, believe it or not.

Also, what if we were to meld both ideas? What if there are some weaker spirits which exist in the material plane constantly, yet are invisible as you suggested. And, there are some Spirits which have grown stronger by killing/eating Seekers that are able to hide/exist outside the material plane, making them harder to detect.

@Karma200, I'm glad you like it. Also, a few banners I made for you to choose between -

ssxmt2A.png

wNYAMfP.png

IEpjS2w.png

2a9QBEp.png

MJrLh4E.png

The third one is a personal favorite of mine, honestly. I can add a graphic background, but I wanted you to be able to choose one of the five (unless you wanted a different one) before proceeding any further.

Also, in the end, this is your RP, so what's your say on the things we discussed above?

A) Hunters than hunt other Hunters and Seekers.
B) A plot that unfolds naturally or something you yourself plan out?
C) Is the Company of Death an underground group of Hunters/Seekers, or something that errs more to the supernatural spectrum?

Oh, another question - Do either of you have a Skype? It would make planning/talking things out much more fluid and quicker.

A~ I like the idea because then that means that the Hunters truly need to lean on the Seekers and the Seekers need to lean on the Hunters. I'll go with your idea Jag because I would like for the Hunters to be the fighters and the Seekers to be the support.

B~ I didn't really have much of a plot planned for it so I would say it would unfold naturally, I tend to gain ideas for the rp through the rp x]

C~ The company focuses on Hunters/Seekers but this is just a branch of the true Company of Death. Because there are a lot of creatures working for the Death Company there are several businesses branching off for different thing but in the end they're are related to the dead. If that makes sense?

I have a skype, I'll pm it to you x]

Also, I think I really like the second one as well as the last one. I can't choose between them >.<

:wart: Lol look at my wart xD

Is there room for a female seeker? The concept of this RP is quite intriguing.

I'd be interested in joining as a female hunter, if there's room. I'm busy until next Wednesday but after my schedule should be clearing up.

Is there room for a female seeker? The concept of this RP is quite intriguing.
I'd be interested in joining as a female hunter, if there's room. I'm busy until next Wednesday but after my schedule should be clearing up.
Yeah, there should be. We'd just need one male Seeker.

Yes, I got Rae to join. Hehe.

Also, if need be, I can play/be a male Seeker. Have the CS created and everything.

Last edited:
Would like to reserve a spot as a guy if possible. Have a character being made but do not want to finish if it will just be for nothing.

Yea, I'm still in, if you have room for me. Sorry RL shit hit and yea you know the rest.

+ It also seems like some of the stuff on the front has been modified? So is there a final decision on the roles of seekers/hunters?

Yes, I will be posting Jag's idea up there now x]

Okay so we have 4 hunters and 4 seekers right? And Vyork it would be helpful if you did make a male. I think I might've counted everything wrong, someone wanna double check for me? I'll be fixing up the overview with Jag's ideas x]

Hunters:
Me - Male (1/4)
@Vietmyke - Male (2/4)
@Rainjay - Female (1/4)

Seekers:
@Karma200 - Female (2/4)
@Raevoryx - Female (3/4)

We have space for 1 More Hunter and 2 More Seekers. And we need two more Males and one more Female.

So, it's up to @Evil-Ducky and @Vyork Ashfin and how they want to do their characters. IIRC, Evil is going with a female character, so I can just be the last/4th Male Seeker unless someone else wants to join who's willing to fulfill the position.

Heh. Fulfill the position. I made a funny.

@Rainjay as for how it is for the relationship between Hunters and Seekers, I'd summarize it as Hunters are 'blind' without Seekers and Seekers are 'weak' without Hunters. Best way to describe it, in my opinion.

@Karma200 this is the code for the tabs:

Code:
[tabs]
[Tab | Story |] Blah, blah blah [/tab]
[Tab | Setting |] Blah, blah blah [/tab]
[Tab | Teams |] Blah, blah blah [/tab]
[Tab | Characters |] Blah, blah blah [/tab]
[Tab | Other/Trivia |] Blah, blah blah [/tab]
[/tabs]

And it would look like this:

[tabs]
[Tab | Story |] Blah, blah blah [/tab]