Secrets of the Night.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Talea rolled her head from side to side in annoyance. "I don't think werewolf information is going to help us right now. I'd focus your whole energy on vampire knowledge if I were you." Her words came out bitterly, as she pushed herself to her feet. She gave her daughter a light push, "Amberlin give Esperanza your hair. I'd be very careful with that DNA if I were you." It would seem Talea was hiding something, and it would be true. Turning slowly she walked over to Masa giving her a good right hook to her temple. Hoping it would knock her out for a few minutes so she could gain her composure once more. "Can't have her hurting people now can we." Talea growled out that sounded more animal than human. She hadn't realized how close to the edge she really was. Her tongue darted out through barely parted lips. The feeling of her canines growing in her mouth made her jaw hurt more than anything. A deep sigh escaped her lungs, "We need to hurry up and make a run for it...This room is getting a bit crowded." The loud thumping of their hearts seemed to echo into her ears.

Masa fell to the ground when Talea smashed her foot to the back of her knee. She looked angrier about her sword sliding away than anything else. She thrashed violently against Talea when she dragged her to the room, then sat cross legged on the floor. Not aware of the fist coming at her, Masa closed her eyes only to feel the hit seconds later. She felt herself losing consciousness and she swayed a little, but shook her head to snap herself out of it and groaned angrily. There was no question that another hit would do the trick, but Masa wasn't going to let that happen. She was alert now.

Vargis looked warily at Talea. " Aye... Lycanthropy does funnyt hings for sure.. but vampires aint nothin i wanna be messin wit." he said,

Mitchem nodded and smiled a littel at Talea and Amberlin.

Vargis tapped his gun on Masa's swordblade gently. " Off we go then... weres that blood, 'speranza?" he asked, Ready to go.

(night all.. ish getting interestink...)

Esperanza watched Talea, she didnt like this at all, first crazy crows, freaky vampire, finding out she worked for a group that hunted supernatural creatures and now that Talea had...an experiment problem to put it nicely. She just nodded as Talea told Amberlin to let her cut some of her hair and walked over to the girl. Esperanza sat behind her on the bed and lifted up the girls hair, she was going to cut from underneath so that it wouldnt be noticed. "Alright Amberlin, honey, just hold still and this will be really fast." She took out her small dagger and cut off a portion of the girls hair. She divided it into two parts and gave half of it to Vargis, the other half she put inside her shirt, close to her heart where she knew it wouldnt fall out. "You heard the lady though, Vargis, guard that with your life please." She just shook her head as Talea punched Masa and she didnt fall unconscious this time, probably a bad thing.

Outside the sound of crows could still be heard. She was standing there with Vargis and smiled as he asked for the blood. She took the dagger she had in her hand and laid a long slice down the top of her left forearm. "I hope you really dont like this outfit, and that you are REALLY good at what you do. And please remember that this is a VAMPIRE that we're dealing with, please remember to send me intel." She said as she took her arm and used his shirt and coat to soak up quite a bit of it. "Alright, I'm going out there onto the balcony, you guys go out that door over there and run for it. Vargis, help get them a vehicle and get them the hell outta here." She was pointing to the locked door that went into the next suite, they would have to break through it, but it would be easy, the door was made out of cheap wood. As soon as she said that Esperanza left the bedroom, shutting the door behind her. There were less crows now and she was easily able to make it to the balcony. When she stepped out into the open air she could see those eyes staring at her from the next rooftop. She looked next to her and there were balconies only five feet from her on either side, she could jump that, but she would have to make it fast. Quickly she picked up one of the discarded throwing knives and chucked it as hard as she could at Armand, even if she missed, it would disrupt his attention long enough to get him after her. "Hey, Fang-face!" she yelled, holding up her bloody arm, she knew he could smell it. "I have something you want and you know it! You'll never get him without this! Come and get me!" She turned and jumped onto the railing of the balcony and took a flying leap onto the balcony farthest away from the direction that Talea and Masa were headed with the others.

Armands eyes opened wide as the dagger clattered to his feet, unable to make it that faithful last few feet.

Vargis opened up the door, pistols ready and blinked. not a single crow.. not a single broken window, it was as if they were never there.

" DAMN BLACK MAGIC, IT WAS AN ILLUSION!!"" HE yelled, hurling himself towards the door, hair zippered into his pocket.

Armand took the knife fromt eh ground, and the crows began to flitt about, loosing their calm as Esperanza approached. he walked tot eh edge of the buildign and looked down at the next rooftop several stories shorter than this one. and there she was, waving her arm with that wicked slayers smile.

"touche." he siad simply.

Out int he hallway, Vargis slammed the door shut behind all of them. " Alright... tiem to split, Masa, we're goin' North, That alright wit you?" HE smiled, ready to deal some death.

Mitchem followed close by talea, eyes on the little girl, who reminded him more and more of his own family and the danger they were in." three days." he whispered to himself... unsure what to make of all this.

Esperanza smiled at him wickedly as she jumped to the next balcony down the line. Boy did she wish that she had tied up her arm. It was gonna start causing her a problem here in a few. But she had to leave a trail in case she lost him. Which in itself was unlikely, but you never know.

"Come on, you're being slow old man, and a coward at that!" She yelled at Armand from the fourth balcony away from her starting point. Her left arm was still bleeding freely and listed a little almost like she'd cut too deep into the muscle.

Armand was suddenly at the roof behind her and bent down, licking the blood from teh concrete of the side of the building, bloodlust growign in his eyes. his shadow creeped like it was filled with crows, and his body flitted in and out of existing as ti was, and tryign to become the crows themselves.

" Run.. yes. run!" he laughed, leaping over the roof, following faster and faster, teeth bare in a awkward evil smile.

Esperanza thought she heard something behind her and she stopped momentarily. He was no longer on the other building and there was noone behind her. This was starting to get a little creepy even for her. She had read alot of vampire stories when she was younger, but NOTHING sounded like Armand. "Where did you go, bastard..." She turned and ran again, jumping from balcony to balcony. The exertion she was putting on her body was wearing her out already, especially since her heart rate was up and that accelerated the bleeding. She almost missed the next balcony and her heart sped up with fear. Up ahead two more balconies away she could see a fire escape, if she could just reach it, she would be home free. Yet, she was afraid.

"I hear.. your heart." came the whispers from all around, echoing off pipes and waterheaters and ducts around her.

" I smell... your blood... your sweet, crimson blood." HE wascloser now, stalking his prey, waiting for just the right moment... and there it was,. as she looked at the fire escape.

as she ran, he was leaning against a duct to the left, smiling at her. as she ran farther he was laying greek style on another duct, and still farther on he was standing right next to her as she woudl leap tot he next building, ever closer... ever closer he came. Death as silent as a whisper, but still, that whisper was harsh.

She looked around panicked as she heard the voice. She almost couldnt catch sight of him as she ran. Terrified was the closest she could come to describing how this made her feel. At this moment she was honestly terrified of him.
There, the last balcony. She went to leap for it and caught Armand out of the corner of her eye. The jump fell short and she barely caught the edge of the stone with her hands. "Gah!" Her left arm wouldnt be able to pull her up and it was slipping rapidly from pain and because her hand was covered in her own blood. She was stuck and she knew it, there were only two options, pray Armand would pull her up and kill her, or fall the seven stories to the ground and hope she didnt break anything. Either way, it looked to be a pretty grim situation.
She tried to pull herself up anyway and about half way up her left hand slipped off the stone, her body weight instantly falling and being caught by her right shoulder, partially dislocating it. "AAhhhggkkk! FUCK!" Her heart raced in terror.

A surge of heat and wind vented up from beneath her on the ground, and seconds later a soft hand with many rings on it clasped her wrist." Need a hand/" came the spaniards voice, full of victory and poise.

Talea wasn't acting like herself at all. She was usually spitting orders left and right. Though at this very current point in time she was dead silent until they were about to part ways. "Vargis if Masa gets out of hand she knock her ass out and carry her. She is a little dangerous at the moment. I suggest you watch your back every step of the way." Talea said quickly before turning to doctor Mitchem, "When we get to your home I will need your help so we need to move quickly. I can't explain at the moment, but I need your silence. No words will be spoken of this night." She did not care if the others heard her words, but they would never know the secret that lay dormant deep within her. The green hues of her eyes had a light glow to them. "Lets get moving we don't have much time." She reached out quickly to grab hold of the sleeve of the doctor's jacket, and began to drag him in the opposite direction of the others.

Esperanza knew that painful, prolonged torture or death lay either way, and yet accepting his unwanted help may give her an opportunity, she wasnt sure she wanted to risk it.

"No, I'm doing just fine on my own," she snarled up at him."Let go anytime."

Masa was about to say something unnecessarily rude to Vargis, but instead she held back and simply nodded. Before going out into the hallway, she had grabbed her sword from the room with the illusion crows, and she was looking at the black blade.

Anyone from her family that wielded this sword went insane and spent the rest of their lives in a mental institution...or were just killed. Masa never believed the stories, and just thought she was born into a family of insane people. She had been using this sword ever since she was old enough to hold one. Though one day she went to check their family history in the Sakamoto residence's archives...but someone else took the files about the sword and their previous owners. It made her curious about it...

Why am I thinking about that now? Masa thought to herself.

"So masa... I hope your as good with that blade as you are crazy in the eyes.": Vargis smiled once they burst through the place out onto the street.

"If you are, Then We're going to tear that Vamp to pieces eh?" HE chuckled.

Armand gripped her arm tighter, not hoisting her yet.

The doctor simply followed, and would silently the rest of the night ( so i can focus on armand and vargis.)

"My dad was a swordsman, owned a dojo back in Japan, and trained me ever since I could hold a sword. So yes, I am good wielding a blade." Masa said to Vargis as she followed close behind him. "Don't give me a reason to use it on you."

Esperanza looked up at Armand, hatered's fire burning in her eyes. He was going to toy with her and she knew it, that was NOT a fate she wanted for herself.

"Let. Go." She growled. When he didnt immediately comply she swung her self back, using her legs against the underside of the balcony to propel her, she was going to swing herself loose and maybe then she could use the momentum to land somewhat gracefully and minimize the damage to her body when she hit.

Talea lead her party from the hotel in hopes that Esperanza and Masa could complete their parts. Though these days she didn't expect any of them to survive. Especially if she didn't get what she needed soon. Slowly but surely they made their way through the shadowed streets, her eyes constantly searching for a suitable car. Nothing really caught her attention till they were about four blocks away, that is where she spotted it. A dull colored mini van, that looked like a soccer mom cruiser. Clearly something she wouldn't drive, but it would mask them from prying eyes. Quickly taking out a small switch blade from her pocket, she began fiddling with the lock. It did not take long before the click of entry echoed into her ears. "Lets get going Doctor. Would hate to be late." She said quickly before opening the door and jumping inside. Talea kept Amberlin in her lap while she hot wired the van.

Armand felt her momentum and leaped after her, gripping her in a deathly grasp. Teh bloodcrazed beast swung her lfor a loop mid-air, landing on the pavement eight stories down, swinging his arm down and smashing esperanza full force into a stack of garbage, his hand still gripped her wrist tight.

" Going...down?" he asked, chuckling, his arm was twisted in an unreal position, his joints out of socket, but his hand clasping her wrist as she lay there in the heap of refuse and rubble.

" Aye'n i won't.. Bu' I'm ready to kill if'n ye are." he smiled at her, throwing her a wink. and then it came... the howl of madmen... And at the end of the alleyway there they were... gothic, dusty and smiling... vampires.

ARMAND MUST HAVE ENLISTED SOME FOOTSOLDIERS...

( just so everyone has something to.. kill. ^_^)