Secrets of the Night.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I'm beggign for death alright.. but Not mine or yours, but that Devil whose been funding my project... You think i WANTED to hurt all those people?" HE hissed mutedly, laying ont eh couch weakly. "What a joke.. My life is SHIT." he mumbled. IT was clear he was a little off hsi rocker fromt eh transfusion though.

Esperanza's knuckles were still white from trying not to leave the room and onto the balcony. "Go to sleep Mitchem. You REALLY need it." She looked back out the window and mumbled, "great, now where is that tracker?"

Masa growled and kicked Mitchem off the couch where she was already lying down. "Piss off doc." He muttered angrily, closing her eyes so she could continue to rest.

Mitchem mumbled and wobbled to a sofa chair in the corner as A noise came from the Hallway as a piece of paper came beneath the door.

"Tracker Infront of door, Passcode " JUBILEE"

Esperanza heard the rustle of paper and ran over to the door. A note had just been slid under it, she looked through the peephole and saw the red hat. Carefully she opened the door just a crack.

"Alright, who do you work for, and who am I?"

Christian ministries, ma'am." He smiled, wearing a business suite and a cross on his lapel. He was sweatin g a bit, apparently he'd been running for awhile. Hehad a plastered smile on his face adn sunglasses.

" Here to tell ou about the wonders of our lord, jesus christ and savior." he smiled, kickign the box into the door. Apparently Ellis had hired one hell of an actor. Even if armand was watching, He'd only roll his eyes and look away from the guy, about 20.

Esperanza opened the door the rest of the way. "Well, in that case, come on in. We'd love to hear about our lord and savior." She ushered him in quickly and closed the door behind him.

"Alright, what have you got for me, and as you probably know I need a tracking done."

The man tore off the ballcao revealing stark black-dyed hair and ripped off the business suite, revealing a leather and Bulletproof tactical suite. He pulled out a leather band and wrapped it around his left wrist several times before tying it off.

" I'm your tracker. the devices i brought are contact len's with nigthvision, and tactical H.U.D.'s. Ellis said You'd also need soem ordinance." he picked up the box, put it on a table and pulled out several crates of bullets, and a belt of throwign knives, which he strapped on his belt, pullign out more, larger knives and inserting them in teh loops of the leather strap on his arm. he then grabbed the business suite-jacket, pulled it inside out,and OOM, leather jacket with several pockets,

" My name's Vargis." he said, pulling out the box of contact lens's. " And the game, is afoot."

Esperanza grinned like a kid in a candy shop. "You, are my new best friend. Lemme get you what we're tracking." She stepped out of the room and into the bedroom where she had hidden the knife. She brought out the spring-loaded knife and handed it to Vargis. "Alright, Vargis. I know who the blood belongs to, but I need to know not only where he is now, but where it is he is currently staying. We're gonna gorilla tactics this vamp."

She walked over tothe table and looked at all the cool new 'toys' that he had brought with him while he was looking at the knife.

Talea turned slowly with her arms still crossed tightly over her chest. Her gaze drifting coldly over the new intruder. Esperanza seemed thrilled to see him, Talea on the other hand wasn't. She just wanted the sun to rise, feel the sting of it in her eyes. With a roll over her shoulders she turned back to peer out the window. Her pupils following every shadow with interest. Adrenaline was already starting to pump through her veins. The doctors comments from earlier would of pissed her off normally. However, she didn't seem to care all that much about him anymore. She wanted to take on the so called devil.

"Ah i see.. Lycanthropes are my personal specialty but.. let's see what the heads up displays say eh?" He smiled, Taking A small electronic device with two forks on it, Seven buttons, two knobs, and a cloth strap for putting it on your arm. The thing was rather large, ABout six inches by seven inches with a four inch square panel, black flashing green Diodes. IT buzzed to life, aquiring a signal, and a small panel exided from its side

-insert sample-

Sample loaded- 5424282- Benzate protocol-

-analyzing sample-

77445418742507237865523456235461546871654634554354...HG54 aquired-

Hexegraphic derezzolution beginning-

Encoding data-

ALgorythms redesignated. Setting contours-

loading maps...

"Damn this thing takes forever to dstart up." Vargis scursed, his obvious scottish lineage showing in his voice for the first time.

-Routers activated-
Distance from target= 87 feet north by northeast, 45.8827 feet from street level

Vargis gasped as he stared at the machine.
"He's.. j-just out of earshot." he whispered. "

Armand stayed at his post, His Black feathered friends staying silent as creeping death. A cancer growing slowly above the city was his flock. And he, reddened eyes blazing like the pits of hell stared at the building, staring.. just staring intot he nothingness that was Talea's eyes.. And until Vargis said something, his location would have been a mystery. But now.. now she could see his eyes, glowing almost unearthly. For Armand WAS the so-called Devil they said he was... and if They knew any more details about his ventures.. they woudl know in HSI EYES... he had already won.

Of course fate is fickle, and the valor of the one, can overcome the turbulence of the fearsome many. all it takes is one brave heart to topple a monster... or so history has shown.

Talea quickly turned away from the window. The very air she breathed rushed from her lungs. He was there staring back at her, was he purposely trying to draw out her inner demons. A small growl rumbled in her throat, "Amberlin...." She walked out of the room, not even bothering to give a explanation. Her pace slowed just outside of the bedroom. The room was still dark, but Talea could see clear. Amberlin was sitting on the bed, her green eyes shinning in the dark. "He is coming mommy." She whispered while lifting her hand to point in the direction of Armand. "I know baby...Are you scared?" Talea asked the small child. Hoping Amberlin managed to inherit her courage. "No.....I....I just don't want to be found." Her words almost sent Talea over the edge. The girl even knew her worst fears. Each foot step was slow, as she approached the bed. "He won't take you from me....If he does I will be lost cherè." Her words were soft as she lowered herself beside her daughter. Reaching out she pulled her close, "I promise. Your the only thing that is keeping me from spiraling out of control." Talea hated to admit it, but it was true. Amberlin burrowed her head into Talea's arms.

Armands eyes opened wide, Screeeching out into the night, fangs bare like a wolf howling to the moon he threrw out his arm as a hundred crows scorched through th air at The Bedroom window, scratchign and clawing, kawing out as a wicked siren of laughing rows filled the alleyway, Mitchem fell of the sofa chair, hiding behidn a chair as his wicked laugh filled the ears of all the people in the hotel room.

WIcked black magic blazing a path straight from The core of the Vile Assasin of the night, His secrets baore to them, His power unleashed in this showing of dominion over nature.

The window began to crack as the thrum of crows cackling hightened, more and more flooding from the roof impossibly, A torrent of black flying shadows as armand twisted his form, dancing insanely to a muysic nobody but He coudl hear, His spell awakening the darkness itself, his emotionless intent spiraling out of control.

Only the Crows knew the truth, still sitting on the roof quiet as death. Armand spinning and waltzing with eyes ablaze with the insanity of that dreaded thing the world had tried so hard to hide...Magick.

"GOD HELP US HE's RELENTLEEEEEEESSS!" Mitchem Screamed.

Vargis Hit the floor, hiding beneath a table, Knives drawn, sending the silver daggers flying up intot he air at the invading crows in the room, the sharp edges finding only the ceiling.

"Oh my God..." Masa said in a loud, complaining voice. "Can't even get some sleep without something happening." She continued as she got up from the couch, unsheathing her sword as she did. "Who do I have to kill to get some sleep around here?" She asked, clearly not in a good mood.

Talea pulled her child with her as they crashed against the floor. She held Amberlin beneath her, hiding behind the bed. Her pupils dilated until there was a thin line of green. "ESPERANZA! WE GOT TO AMBERLIN OUT!" Her voice demanding authority. If this man was truly after her daughter, he would have to kill Talea first. It took all her control to hold her daughter close while she army crawled across the floor. Her sword still attached to her back, her palms itched for the hilt. However, she continued till she sat behind the doctor. "Mitchem you have a lot of questions to answer. Is he after my daughter? Your very life may end this second if you lie..." Her words sounding more like a growl than human anger. The urge to reach out and shake the man by his collar beat away at her.

The crows scratched and pecked at Masa, though she seemed like she wasn't feeling any pain. She swung her sword at the annoying pests, missing quite a few of them since they evaded her attacks so swiftly. This only irritated Masa even more. Being the stubborn person she was, she didn't stop or try to get out of the way. Her face had a few cuts, but no blood came out this time. A crow cut her in the same spot a few times, and that's when she finally started bleeding, but only in that one spot. The blood appeared to be black, and seeped out slowly, not even a centimeter down her face before it stopped it it's tracks.

Masa didn't know this, but whenever she was put under a lot of stress, her blood would turn thick and black. It made it harder to cut her, yes, but there was a big downside to this. Her sanity would start to fall unless she can turn her blood back to normal. Usually it was done by knocking her unconscious, or relieving the stress somehow. The longer her blood is black the more insane she would become.

Her blood had turned black during her battle with Talea, so it was possible she would know a little about it.

"OH, sghut up woman, How the HELL should I KNOW!" HE yelled at her. " YOU THINK IM NOT WORRIED HE'S AFTER MY FAMILY?!" he yelled at her even harsher, like a lion protecting His own. he breathed hard and batted at one of the crows. Mitchem was weak, and he was foolish, but by got he was NOT a coward.

Masa growled and turned her attention to Mitchem, forgetting about the crows. Going over to him with a hint of killing intent in her eyes, she pointed the sword threateningly at him, still walking closer. She didn't even speak, just kept getting closer and closer until her sword's tip pressed against his throat. The want to kill rose in Masa. This pathetic doctor was seriously getting on her nerves.

Talea looked up to see Masa going into the red haze of insanity. A small growl escaped her lips, she rolled onto her back. Using her right leg she slammed it in the back of her knee, and she used the other to kick Mitchem in his chest. The doctor went sliding away from Masa's sword, and hopefully she came crashing to the ground. "ESPERANZA! stop playing around and do something for f*** sakes!" Talea bit out her words through clenched teeth. (sry so short gotta go to school)

Esperanza ducked into a corner as soon as the crows started flooding through the window. She had seen Talea run into the bedroom after Amberlin, sure that Armand was after the little girl as well. She was against the floor watching the shadowy crows fly through the room in from the now broken window. Masa's sword and Vargis's daggers didnt seem to do any damage to them but the crows could affect us. She was formulating a plan and realized that these weren't real crows. They were some sort of tangible illusion.

"Get back in the bedroom Talea, everyone in there now!" Esperanza got up and ran through the barrage of birds to grab Mitchem and Vargis. "Grab Masa, Talea!" She threw the men into the bedroom, the one room the crows hadnt invaded yet, and went back out and scooped Amberlin gently up, taking her back in and setting her on the bed.

ONCE everyone is in the room, Esperanza shuts the door and leans back against it.
"Alright, here's a plan. We're gonna split up. Masa, youre going with Vargis. You need the action apparently. Talea, I have to trust you with the doctor. Mitchem, the way to get back to your family is to act like a man who is a father and help Talea protect her child. In doing so, I'm sure Talea will help you pick up your family and get them to safety as well." She paused and looked at them, her eyes finally resting on Talea. "Talea, I need a lock of hair from Amberlin." She looked at the child. "Amberlin honey, I need to cut a piece of your hair off so that I can get the bad man to go away, is that alright with you?" Her voice was soft when speaking with the child. She went on to explain the rest of the plan while waiting for an answer. "So, I switched blood with Mitchem so that Armand couldnt find him, that's why we had a 24 hour window. But I did say that he knew we were here and had to leave. So, since he cant track Mitchem and may have a physical way to track Amberlin, that's why I need the hair. I'm going to give that lock of hair to you and Vargis, Masa, along with smearing one of you with about half a pint of my blood. Armand will be able to track me, but not Mitchem. He will think that my blood being with the signature of the child is where we all are, when in reality, he will only find the two of you and Talea, Amberlin, and Mitchem will be able to escape. Make sense? So that means you guys split up, get down into the tunnel and outta here before a crow sees you. As for those crows out in the room, they're not real birds...it's complicated. But I'm gonna let him smack me around a little bit to get my blood so that he can track us, I'll run off with part of the lock of hair, and he will either find me or Masa and Vargis. Talea, you get Amberlin, Mitchem, and hopefully Mitchem's family outta here. We will find you later."
She paused and turned to look at Vargis. "You said you specialize in werewolves. Send everything you have on vampires to my phone as soon as you can. Good luck everyone."