Scrapyard Dogs: An Adventure Based Space RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are smaller rail weapons called Gauss guns

Sorry. If you use heavy armor and manage to take down an IMPF ship, you can use a Railgun. For, like, three shots when your armor is ruined.

Why would shooting a railgun ruin my armor?

I am guessin fuel isnt too much of a worry though

One, because I need some way to limit it's use.

Edit: This is on land, of course. You wouldn't take a railgun out in space because it's the size of a minigun you fire like an RPG. It's nonsensical, in organic hands.

Two, fuel is not. Power, however, is. Weapons use a lot of power and, while it does recharge, it doesn't recharge fast enough to make it reliable. Lasers are a quick burst of big damage. Standard projectiles will be for everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swords and hammers and axes and spears and space bullets.

Motha.

Fuggin.

Interstellar.

PIRATES.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm hype for this.

Good! I am, too!

And you're mainly scavengers, but piracy could be a part of it, too. You're criminals. Space criminals.

In space.

In the apocalypse.

The space apocalypse.

I'm guessing/hoping that spacalypes pirate engineers are a thing I can be?

Someone has to restore the broken tech and fix shit. "Engineers" in this universe are a mixture between mechanics, gunsmiths, and restoration guys. They fix broken shit and make cool new gear from the parts they can't sell.

One, because I need some way to limit it's use.

Edit: This is on land, of course. You wouldn't take a railgun out in space because it's the size of a minigun you fire like an RPG. It's nonsensical, in organic hands.

Two, fuel is not. Power, however, is. Weapons use a lot of power and, while it does recharge, it doesn't recharge fast enough to make it reliable. Lasers are a quick burst of big damage. Standard projectiles will be for everything else.
Rail guns have close to 0 recoil. So do lasers actually. And in space, heavy weapons like rpgs would actually be more optimal since you dont need to worry about the weight and fire off two in each handlike a crazy rambo. Hell, they would have less recoil than a .50 caliber and you dont have to stabalize yourself.

The former though could be unreliabe and need special shielded armor to fire with because of electro magnetic discharge.
Though the beauty of rail weapons is the fact it can fire anything metal

Then because I said so. Don't argue with me on the semantics of the universe I made up. You will lose every time. XD

I just read through this thread and I'm already in love with it.
There's sci-fi.
There's spaceships.
There's pirates.
There's swords.
There's post apocalyptica.
In short, elements of every single one of my favorite genres mashed up into one giant glorious thing, with the minor exception of fantasy. I am so down for this.

Arguing with hunters also can lead to trick weapon injuries, gunshot injuries, and general unpleasantness all around. Hmm, so certain suits might opt for burst damage via lasers while others would prefer far more reliable methods from ballistic. With splashes of melee, for space swashbuckling goodness. Keeps getting better and better, really.

Then because I said so. Don't argue with me on the semantics of the universe I made up. You will lose every time. XD

I just gave you a reason why rail weapons arent hand held

You did? Oh... Yeah. Sorry. Didn't notice that. Now I feel like an asshole.

Also, @Spectre of the Fade, I don't think that I can really corner the badassary market entirely, mostly because I would need to add magic, psychic powers, and cyber ninjas. Two of which aren't nessicarily out of the question.

How about genetically engineered sub species of humans and aliens? Cyberpunk style cybernetics? FTL?

Genetic enhancement and cybernetic augmentation do exist, but it's going to be implemented in a system of perk-like attributes you choose from. Just to keep the balance.

FTL isn't a thing, but there is something. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but it involves the doomsday weapon and literally breaking reality, a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.