Scrapyard Dogs: A Spacepocalypse RP

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
it all depends on the direction our dear daws wants to take, i think some action would be fun, starting off with an explosion or two right off the bat but if you have another idea, then go ahead

I'll get everything sorted out soon enough. I'm thinking of kicking off with some alien psychological warfare, what with the emotions that came with this.

@Daws Combine By the by, Minrah was heading to the hanger, not the bridge. Might want to edit your post, otherwise it doesn't make a lick of sense (unless that's the twist?)

Guy, to make it more clear, no actual fighting is going on. It's weird Alien bullshit. Everyone is hallucinating the fighting. Meaning that Q just blew up something worth a lot of money, and Minrah is thinking everyone's freaking out when nothing is really happening. Also, Sen is completely unaffected. For reasons you don't get to know, yet.

@Daws Combine
Well... Shit. That's a very affective weapon... (Too busy/lazy to edit) Q would have only exploded the thrusters if it's as heavily armored as she thinks it is, if not... Crap.

And SEN IS THE ROBOT HERE!

...and Minrah is thinking everyone's freaking out when nothing is really happening.
Whoa, back up: I know that I'm making this up as I go, but I thought the idea that Morino were partially immune to it's effects made sense. If I over-stepped my bounds, just say.

They have a subconscious. They're not immune. She could be able to sense it, but she would still be affected.

Am I the only one who thinks the 'brain washing machine' isn't that great an idea? It would've been better just to retcon some of the stuff instead of throwing out some random plot device to explain everything. The whole thing seems kind of dumb to me.

Eh. I don't like retconning stuff. This will help with a few things. Including me sleeping at night. Sorry if you don't like it. I thought it was clever.

I'm sort of with Donk on this: Yea, it will take some work, but surely we could just edit out the posts and start over. This whole Icarus thing to just opening as many holes as it closes.

If everyone doesn't like it, there's still time to change it. I'll delete the post about Icarus and we'll just get to rewriting. If that's what you all want, anyway.

I think that since there has been quite a few posts about fighting really nothing is happening, the Icarus sounds like a good idea. But instead of subliminal mind control, it causes hallucinations, like Helium hallucinating in the mess hall and Levi seeing his dead fiancé on board the corvette.

I think it's a bit late to start deleting everything, perhaps if it had been said before... I'm not a 100% happy with the Icarus system thing either, but since Q just destroyed it so anyone still under its influence should've snapped out of it by now.. theres fact tho that it brushes me the wrong way that our dear captain thought her crew were being silly for falling under its control when not even the Morino are immune to its effects ( who Baddamobs took the liberty of world-building with it on something that is canonically reasonable, which I thought was a good way to at least try to shake off the awkwardness) but for some super mysterious plot reason the Cap is the only one who is immune to it?
in any case, I think going back and retconning 5+ posts now is a bit much so I'm w levi on the hallucination thing and we can just walk this off as quick as a few pages

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Understood. Once again, I'm sorry. I suppose that since it was never reinstated IC, the whole Morinus immunity thing could be still in effect. I don't claim to be perfect. As is evidenced, I'm not good at my job, so bear with me for this little ride...

Ya know, this has kind of been a faulty start. Maybe we have a mod purge the current thread, and we can a second crack at it from scratch.

Reactions: Romaan