School For Fighters.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Hades wakes up thinking how gld he was that he finaly got in the school and was one step closer to getting the might he needed, nothing else mattered much.
He took a look at the map and head to the gym he was eager to check out what kind of workout this school would provide him.
As he walks towards the gym he sees a group of students all gathering and talking in the cafeteria area, he finds weird that in this particular school they are just hanging around in there instead of training hard and he fastens his steps.

vibrant_hair_by_jacksfluzey.jpg

Lilith watched the others filing in and let out a small huff.
When would the announcement come to make them all fight each other for training?
Lilith grabbed a scarlet apple and walked around the hall, letting her violet eyes rest on a few other students, she was thinking about getting a head start in the gym, by letting her powers goo for a bit when she heard him speak.

"I'm Zaneth Zarikol. And yes I'm a wizard, just like my dad. Don't bug me about it."
Lilith's head snapped round and she steered towards his table.
"Wizard?" she raised her eyebrows.
"Wiccan here. Hi, I'm Lilith" she nodded to him, then to the others around the table, she took a bite from the apple and smiled as it was crisp and fresh.

Cain saw Cassia's eyes change and was initially taken aback, but once he heard the venom in her voice he noticed the visual correspondence. "My parents. Said they needed the money. Funny thing, my mother is either very niave or just plain idiotic because she doesn't seem to know that my father has a gambling problem and just decides to throw the hard earned money away on bets he can't win. Even I know that. He even took some of my savings. But now they have all of my savings and more. It's ridiculous, really, but there was nothing I can do," She had said, before casually flipping back her hair and returning to her breakfast.

"That's a bit of an injustice," Cain remarked, making a clear understatement that showed itself to be apparent by his mildly sarcastic tone. "In all seriousness, though, I'm sorry; my sympathy goes out to you. It's unfortunate. Hopefully you'll be able to be rid of those harmful personalities someday." He turned back to his apple and took a bite, chewing thoughtfully as he began to contemplate his training. His abilities were already developing through practice, but he wasn't even sure when practice was supposed to start. At any rate, a little warm up sounded most appealing to him if he had the time.

Cassia could see that Cain's was slightly taken aback and frowned. "Oh...it was the eyes wasn't it? Yeah I've had that since I was born. No biggie, though. Also, I don't care much about my parents anymore, I care more about my younger brother. He needs to get into a good school and not chucked over here. He's the weakest kid I know."

Cassia turned to the girl that just sat at the table an waved at her. "Wiccan and a wizard. That's some cool stuff, but all I know about that is Harry Potter and maybe some reading. Please fill me in on the details, I love to learn new things." She smiled and her eyes turned a light pink. She to a last bite at her sausage as she waited for a response. When she didn't get anything but silence, Cassia lightly punched Cain in the arm again and said, "Don't you want to know more too, Cain?" as her eyes started to turn into a dark purple.

Cain nodded as she spoke, taking another sip of his juice. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I was just surprised; I've never really seen eyes that can change color like that," he explained, feeling slightly embarrassed while Cassia turned to the other two to meet their greeting.

When he was punched, he recoiled and playfully raised his fist as though he were to strike her, his face turning to an exaggerated expression of anger. "Unhand me, lady, my ears are open!" he exclaimed, his voice bearing mock exasperation as he brought his hand down. "I've heard of Wicca, but I don't really know enough about it. I only know that it's not Satanism, and that dumb asses confuse the two because of the pentagram. And by the way," he paused, tone normal and a cocky smile beginning to form. "When we're herded into the gym to do battle, I challenge you to Mortal Kombat," he finished, accentuating the last two words. Of course, he wasn't being literal, rather simply making a joke with the basic gesture of his offer to spar with Cassia.

Cassia shrugged. "Fine. But I'll tell you this, I know more street fighting than traditional. I've had some experience with weapons but--OI!" Her eyes flashed a dark red.

Cassia stood up and caught an orange right above Suki's head. The girl flinched as Cassia tossed it in her hand. Figuring the direction in which it was thrown and the look of surprise on the young men faces across the way, she threw it back with so much force that it hit the center of the table and sent orange juice in all directions.

"Next time learn some table manners you bastards." She called and sat back down. Cassia then proceeded to continue her meal angrily as her eyes slowly changed color, but not much. Looking around the table, she realized that she was receiving odd looks and her eyes changed to a green.

"What? You expected me to just sit here and let the poor girl get hit with an orange? Anyway," she said turning back to Cain. "I only know I guess sneaky fighting or whatever, it's a bit shady to me. So if I hurt you...well apologies."

Zaneth was quite while two of them talked back and forth, he listened but not with much interest mostly to be polite in case some one asked him a question, absorbing details about the people around him, even if they weren't talking. And then he was asked a question, at least it wasn't about his dad. He opened his mouth to respond when yet another person approached declaring that she was a Wiccan. "Well hello fellow witch-crafter" he said, extending a hand to her and shaking it. He inspected her closer and some how felt there was more to her than just being Wiccan, he couldn't get a hold of the feeling so he just let it break apart and fade away. He turned back around when he heard the sound of flesh smacking against orange and saw that Cassia had caught an orange mid-flight and threw it back with orangey splat.

Zaneth looked around while Cassia yelled at the kids.
What reason would they have to do that? He stared at the table where the rambunctious kids were sitting, focusing on the citrus on the table. "Acid igneous" he muttered and turned forward again. Not two seconds later there was shouting and cries of alarm from that same table, the juice from the orange burning through the table and causing little plumes of smoke to rise. Zaneth drank the rest of his drink "The words aren't necessary, but they help. Little tid-bit about Wizards for ya." He stood up and walked toward one of the food tables "Oh, and they'll be fine" throwing the empty cup aside he grabbed up a plate and piled foods onto it and came back to his seat. The acid stopped burning before it did any harm to the kids, but left holes in their clothes and shoes and a big, slightly smoking hole, in the middle of the table.

Cassia looked at the table in shock as it started to melt right before her eyes. She looked back and saw that the wizard boy had done something after muttering something about words not being necessary. Her eyes flashed a gold color as she smiled at him. "That's impressive. Do you have any training in close combat, though? It should be necessary just in case you aren't able to use the 'magic'." Cassia learned early on some people weren't as welcoming as they seem. "What's the point anyway? It's not like we aren't going to see each other, isn't it better to make friends that only you know are your enemies? Keep your friends close and enemies closer? Some people really don't think things through."

vibrant_hair_by_jacksfluzey.jpg

"Well hello fellow witch-crafter".
Lilith smiled, showing her teeth.
"Hello indeed, she said her eyes following the orange and then lighting up at his magic.
"Anything can be done with words, but I must say, I'd have gone about a different approach then that.. "
Lilith let her eyes wander to the kids, a few of them were still staring this way and she waved with a big fake smile before putting her finger up.
"By that I mean the acid would have gone further." her eyes hardened a tad.
Lilith sighed and crossed her arms tightly.
"I like the spell though.. "
She nodded. "sessio commodo "
A chair removed it's self from under one of the kids who threw the orange and into the air flying towards Lilith she caught it in her left hand and sat down.
"I'm going into training in a sec, what say you?"

"I'm sure you've had plenty of experience," Cain smiled, chuckling a little bit as they both traded their own confident statements about themselves. "We'll see how it plays out." As he finished talking he downed the rest of his juice and took one last bite of his apple before leaning to his left and artfully tossing them both into the trashcan. The apple landed with a hard 'thunk' while the empty bottle bounced off the rim and landed softly in the plastic bag. The magical flying orange came hovering to them and he had turned around by the time Cassia had caught the fruit; he cocked an eyebrow in surprise. What the fuck was that?! His internal dialogue yelped, taking a moment to put two and two together and realize that it had been thrown from another table. By the time he realized this she had already thrown it at the attacking table, spreading juice in all directions.

"And don't worry. You won't hurt me," He said in reply to the girl's warning about her hurting him. If her confidence in her abilities was well founded, it could turn out to be an interesting fight.

As Cain began to relax into his seat again, the wizard he was sitting a seat away from muttered a spell, 'acid igneous' or something like that. After the last word was delivered into the atmosphere, the orange juice turned to acid and burned through the table and the clothes of the kids that had lobbed the food item. He suddenly laughed out loud at their misfortune; certainly they hadn't expected that. However, in the midst of his chortling he non verbally asked himself 'It's just an orange, do they not have a sense of humor?' Cain supposed that since they had thrown it at a young girl, then he could be more sympathetic to Cassia's righteous anger.

"Heh heh... Ah hah... I'm gonna head to the gym myself in a second here," he piped up as Lilith spoke, placing a hand on his gut to cease any incoming cramps. "I'll be seeing you ladies and gents a little later, I suppose." Cain stood and brought an open hand up in a haphazard goodbye, smiling a little bit as he gave them a small wave and walked off, heading for the gym.

Suki watched with a vague sense of awe at the magic. She of course had never seen such magic being used before. It was actually pretty nifty, to see it openly used like this.

"The gym?" she mumbled before shaking her head. What use would a gym have to someone like her, who used the strength of the animals she took the form of as though they were in top form so long as the skins remained in tact. However, if the majority were going to be training she supposed it would be a good idea to follow. There was always a chance for her to show her worth there at the very least.

Suki cleared her throat. "I would not mind training as well," she said a little louder in response to Lilith's somewhat invitation. Though she was sure it wasn't directed at her.

Cassia waved the three goodby as she stood up to throw away what was left of her breakfast, which wasn't much. She sat back down at the table and looked at Zaneth. To her he seemed interesting. She's ever met someone who could use magic so easily. Usually it was just street entertainers with a sleight of hand that she had a knack for catching onto. She looked at him and her eyes changed to blue.

"So, guess it's just you and me--how did you get here? Was it by choice, or by force like yours truly?"

Zaneth looked around as most of the people at the table left to the gym, even that quiet almost sulky girl piped up a little. Zaneth on the other hand hadn't finished his food yet. "Just wanted to scare them." he responded to the Wiccan girl "I'll probably come and watch when I'm done eating." THEN he had Cassia to respond to, who seemed to be in a talkative mood. "A little of both actually. Dad didn't have much luck teaching me magic, just wasn't my thing. Since I don't know as much as most Wizards my age would dad enrolled me here while he goes off to fight in the war. Made me think I should take this a little serious so I'm going along with it." Zaneth looked up and stared at Cassia's eyes for a moment. "Okay what exactly are you?"

After a nearly silent greeting in reply to those sitting around her, Gota silently observed the commotion that passed in the cafeteria. Many shot Cassia strange looks as she fended off an unexpected projectile. Gota was slightly surprised, but she did expect weird things to start happening around her sooner or later. She continued slowly eating her small breakfast in silence near the others. Soon, a couple of them began to head for the gym.

It's not like I can really do much of anything, other than swim in a half-frozen lake or traverse a desert, Gota thought to herself as she ate the last bit of bread she had left. Knowing she had to train in this place she did not feel she belonged for seven hours a day, she went off in search of the gym, only to find Zaneth and Cassia conversing as before. Gota was slightly curious, but the prospect of possibly having to interact with others did not please her in the slightest. As a result, she immediately veered off into an alternate route that passed by the pools. What a gloomy day it was in Gota's world. Trapped by a lack of much welcome alone time.

Cassia blinked and her eyes turned into a yellow-green color and then quickly changed to aquamarine. "You mean the eyes right? Some genetic mix up or another--my parents never told me about it--actually they really didn't care what I did. I can also sense auras when I want to and I instinctively know how many people are in the room...let me think there were around two hundred people in here. A few from this table left--twenty other people walked in--twelve left...and now nobody is moving...so around 204 people are in this room now?" She smiled as her eyes changed to blue. Zaneth seemed very interesting and so did all of the other people, it started to seem like staying at this school won't be the worst thing that has happened to her.

Genetic mix up? he wondered how easy it was for genes to get mixed up. "See auras huh? I got something kind of like that, call it the Wizards Sight, reveals a lot but it's risky. Use the Sight for too long and you'll probably go crazy." He listened to her numbers and nodded his head "Two hundred four sounds right to me." Zaneth shoveled some eggs and mashed potatoes into his mouth and sat back after he had swallowed. "Can you sense my aura?"

"Hmm..." Cassia wondered. She took a deep breath and opened her mind, letting it go. For some reason, though, she couldn't see it. The color around him was hazy and constantly was changing. She also couldn't help but feel as if there was an invisible wall in between them. After a minute she sighed and her eyes turned a light red, showing slight frustration.

"Now that's not fair," She said suddenly, resting her cheek in her hand. "You're masking it. But I could tell you that: those kids on the table over there with the orange, they're all pretty pissed off at the both of us. The girls on the other side seem to have an interest in you. The guys on the table next to them seem to have an interest in me--weird, and...the table to the left of us is somehow thinking we are already dating? Or is it that they think someone in their own table is dating? I don't know--all I know is that their colors are really weird. But I find it fun, reading them. When you get the right mix of colors it's almost like reading a book--but it does give you headaches after a while."

meanwhile Hades has allready started training hard at the gym.
ATM he's sweating like a pig and punching hard on a punching bag, grinning...

Cain strolled down the hall in the direction of his dorm, intending to grab his mp3 player before he went to the gym. Music helped him get in the zone when he was fighting; it wasn't that he needed it, rather he just wanted to have some tunes while he was exercising. "Paraplegic, my fightin' stance too strategic. No shadows on my kicks, too much chi, horrific," he mumbled to himself, recalling a couple lines from a hip hop song that he particularly enjoyed. Cain grunted and muttered the rest of the verse all the way back to his room, stopping once he went inside. After a minute or so of searching he located the device and a pair of headphones in his duffel, turned on his heel, and walked back out, closing the door behind him.

Utilizing the map, he found the gym within ten minutes, already sticking the earbuds into his audio canals. He threaded the mp3 player under his shirt to keep the wire from getting in the way of his movements; he had a tendency to his it and strip himself of the earphones otherwise. As groove laden, arpeggio-happy melodies driven by polyrhythmic drumming blasted into his ears, he leaned to the left, then the right before tucking the former shoulder in and springing into a front flip. His heels were the main weapon to be used, and his only source of balance was his planted left hand as his vision was filled with polished wood, fluorescent lights, then brick as gravity called him down, bringing him into a half-crouching position. One leg - his right- was bent, the knee close to his chest, while his hand on the left side rested on the floor. His other leg - the left- was outstretched, but was quickly brought back up to meet the other appendage, propelling himself into a quick cartwheel. Cain jumped to his feet and smiled, his feet moving from side to side a bit before he descended into his fighting stance, called the ginga. He was constantly moving, weaving from once side to the other as he bent to the side, planted his hand again, and and threw up a kick, sliding onto his shoulder and propping himself up on his elbow as he eased himself to an upright position again.

Walking to the gym at a distance from the others, she eventually made it to the gym at her own pace, though occasionally consulting the map in her pocket even if she was following someone who seemed to also be headed that way. She wasn't surprised at the vast size of the building or the amount of resources resting within. This was a school built for training fighters, afterall. After exploring the first floor, Suki wasn't too surprised to see it was made up of mats for wrestling and gymnastics and the like. The basement floor held all sorts of equipment that she had actually seen through living with normal humans without any powers. They were the typical equipment of the gyms in her neighborhood.

The top floor seemed to be focused more for the magics and weaponry training. It was there that Suki stood to watch for several minutes. She wanted to see if it would be possible to train up in this level, or else she would just have to train her body to keep it in good health down in the basement. After nearly half an hour, Suki chose to go to the basement. There were barely any people there, after all. What a perfect place for an antisocial person like herself?