School For Fighters.

"Hey Cassia, if it still hurts come find me, I may have some kind of solution. I'll be in the library for a while doing"-he sighed-"research." He wished her good luck and started down the hall toward the library, swinging his blasting rod.

Nodding slowly, she made her way back to her dorm. The pounding in her head dulled a bit as she neared her room. By the time she reached the door, it was left to a throbbing. Swinging open the door, she picked up a bottle of Asprin and downed three tablets. Cassia then proceeded to flop onto her bed and falling asleep without closing the door. In her mind, at the moment, all that mattered was getting rid of the pain.

In front of the school grounds a few black SUV's with government plates rolled up the drive and to a stop. A sight like this wasn't all that unfamiliar as there was often the one or two odd students pulled in from the resources obtained by the government. One such student couldn't recall his name and had no identification on him. He had nothing on record anywhere. With no identity and an unusual circumstance surrounding him. Several men in black suits emerged from the doors of the middle vehicle and produced a small young man. His shoulders and head hung low he wore a white t shirt and jeans with simple sneakers on. He wasn't restrained but his wrists were still red with marks from where some had been. His eyes seemed to affix themselves to his toes as he was pulled from the vehicle and walked up the path to the school doors. 2 men stood flank at the doorway and another 3 followed along behind him. The sudden change in activity had caused a little commotion as students began to whisper about "the new kid".

Two more suits posted up outside the deans office as one more stepped inside with John. He was made to sit in a seat as the Dean gave him a look over then turned to the man in his suit. Smiling the dean opened a file that wasn't very full. It contained some reports and newspaper clippings that had been collected as soon as the campus was notified to expect him. Scanning over the documents slowly through small wire frame glasses then glancing up to John and then the Suit, the Dean closed the file.

"It seems young man, that you've drawn some unusual attention to yourself. Thankfully there are some ways we can apply your unique...traits without causing undue harm to the general populace or wanton destruction. I understand the estimated property damage values you caused in new york were nothing to scoff at. Still, Welcome to the school."

The suit was given a nod, who returned the gesture then left the office.

"You'll find a room in the dorms, it'll have everything you need to get settled in. Please, make yourself at home. We look forward to see how you progress."

After that, the file was closed and John was allowed to leave. He stepped outside the door and froze...he didn't even know where he was supposed to go. He just stood there looking lost and more than a little scared and uncomfortable with the situation.

Cassia groaned as she woke up from her power nap and felt the dull throb still in the back of her head. "Great." She muttered. She roughly combed through her hair and put it up in a messy bun as she walked out the door and closed it behind her. "Seems like I left that open too. Man, I must have been really out of it." Yawning, she stretched her arms and tried to take out the kinks in her neck. "There must be someone new." She said subconsciously. There was silence in the hallway as there should be since a large percentage of the students were working out, but that silence was ended by a loud growl from Cassia's stomach. She blinked and looked down. "Well...off to get some food then. Maybe that'll get rid of the headache."

One her way over, she was passing the dean's office. She passed a large figure and it took her a moment to register that there was actually someone there. Stopping in her tracks, Cassia turned around to introduce herself. The individual looked lost and confused and maybe a little scared. Clearing her throat, she held out a hand and said, "Hey, the name's Cassia and you look hungry. I'm about to go to the cafeteria and it wouldn't kill you to have a bit of a snack before you start shooting dummies." She was hoping her dry humor would get through as she held out her hand and waited.

While in the library Zaneth did happen to find a book on runes and symbols used when making blasting rods and detailed processes. He sighed as he hefted the large book onto a table and began looking at the pages. Recognizing a few names from the book he started paying more attention as he read, finding what he was looking for. After reading for almost an hour Zaneth's eyes had gotten droopy and then he fell asleep, head down on the table.

He nodded quietly to her statements missing the most obsvious humor in them and followed along behind her. He gave just enough space to show he wasn't being rude and not going, but far enough back he could to turn tail and run if survival demanded it of him. He was still very confused and scared of what was going on. The feeling he was experiencing was very much like a hamster in a cage at the moment. One volitale...powerfull...angry little hamster. His blue eyes scanned the halls cautiously. Noting details and intricacies some might gloss over. Exactly why he did that was a mystery even to himself. He guessed that sometimes a good detail can crop up from time to time.

He didn't take her hand because he was affraid of what she might do to him if she had it. When they made it to the cafeteria he lingered in the hallway and scanned over every exit that fed in and out of the cafeteria. Once he had the layout in mind he creeped closer in towards the serving lines. He looked over his nose towards the food.

"Is it ok to eat all that?"

Cassia laughed, "Well of course you can eat it...but all of it? Well...i guess you'll be giving the cooks a run for their money." Taking an apple, she took a big bite and saw how cautious he was being around her. She leaned in slightly. "You know," she started in almost a whisper. "I may be a tough girl, but i don't bite. Not unless it is absolutely necessary." Giving him a playful wink and smile she gestured to the food. "That is for everyone here. Over through those doors accross, that leads to the library and the courtyard...I think. Back through the doors we came through, that leads to the gym and dorms."

Cassia took another bite and put a stray strand of hair behind her ear and turned back to say, "I'll be in the library, if you need me. Don't worry, I know where you are. I have this weird spidey sense type of thing. Anyway, before i bore you with the details, I'll leave you for the food while I head towards the library. Ciao." She walked over to the doors and pushed them open. Stepping into the hallway, she headed towards the library. "Let's give that remedy a try.." she muttered.

He glanced downwards at all the food items and frowned slightly now that he'd been left on his own. He was still unsure of why he was here or what he was expected to do. His memory was foggy and he only remembered being brought here groggily. He rubbed at his wrists where the handcuffs had once been located. They were red and sore from how tight the metalic restraints had been made. Caution was exercised in John's possible strength after his display in the open public in his transformed state. It took sometime for him to wear down enough and return to a calm state to downshift back to his normal form. The details on why he wasn't locked away in some cold and unforgiving cage and not here hadn't been quite explained for him.

He glanced down to some fruit in his hand he'd picked up unconsciously avoiding all the rest and wrinkled his nose in thought. "what else am I supposed to do?...."

Cassia briskly walked towards the library and was amazed by its sheer size. "Wow...a school for weapons actually has some literature" she said nonchalantly. Taking a book from the stack she read the cover, "A Study in Scarlet...isn't that Sherlock Holmes?" Wandering around the aisles of books and the shelves reaching the ceiling, she wondered how anyone could possibly find anything in here. when she looked down she saw Zaneth laying his head down at a desk and she walked over to him. Sitting down in front of him, she took another bite of her apple and waited a moment before poking his arm.

"Yoohoo..." she sang quietly. "Zaneth...I need your he-elp."

It took Zaneth a couple seconds to respond. He lifted his head up and put his chin on his arm "Yes?" He stared at her until he remembered what he said to her earlier "Oh, yeah, the thing." Zaneth straightened up, stretched, and then stood "Lets try this some where else." With that he walked briskly out of the library and walked through the halls until they reached a semi-secluded courtyard. Zaneth crouched down and pulled a piece of chalk from his coat pocket and drew a big circle on the concrete and stood up once more. "If you don't mind, please step into my circle" he said with a little gesture to the mentioned circle.

Cassia's eyes flashed green as she gave him a look. After a moment, she shrugged and. stepped inside.
"Um..." she started nervously. "What are you actually going to do?" Looking at the chalk, she didn't think there was much to do in a circle made of chalk.

John turned once he was done in the cafeteria and made his way to the dorm room halls. In the corridors he noted the various people all seemingly strange in their own ways. It made him feel a little awkward being in such an alien and strange place. All the people seemed to look at him, like he was some kind of anamoly. He didn't know what was expected of him here or what he was going to do. He had an irrepressable urge to escape. To be free, running the hills of...where? Where was it he used to run? He shook his head and followed the room numbers along until he reached his desired stop.

He twisted the knob and turned the door open to be greeted to the musty smell of an undisturbed room. The bed was made and a closet was furnished. Clearly this room had been empty with the intent of occupation for quite some time. He drifted in and stopped at the mirror and paused. His gaze slowly scanning up and down the scar wrecked body looking him back in the mirrors reflection. He didn't see scars though...he saw a scimitar here, a broadsword to the face there. Instances in time forever enscribed into his body, like words to a page. His body told a story that was older than recorded time. He drifted to the window and leaned out.

"just...what is this place?"

Zaneth noticed her look of skepticism at his chalk circle. "I'm just going to test something out, I'm going to use my will to 'close' the circle. You'll probably feel some energy when it happens." He stared down at the circle. "Be careful of circles, some are traps that faeries set up. Wizards use them for a bunch of stuff, or so I'm told." The circle closed with a snap of energy provided by his will, a very rudimentary part of being a Wizard. "You shouldn't be able to sense anything now, depending on how your sense works I guess." Zaneth folded his arms over his chest. Not only was he trying to help rid Cassia of her pain but this was also an opportunity to learn. "By the way, you can step out of the circle any time but I'll have to re-close it around you again to make it work."

Cassia took a look around and scratched her head. "Um...okay? I'm still a little lost, though. I mean, I can still feel it a little bit...but it's not hurting anymore, it's just a bit irritating. Other than that, I'm fine." She took a deep breath and felt the energy again and coughed. Stepping outside, she felt the energy lessen but it was still there. "Well...I was just helping this new kid around, but I new I had to do something about that massive headache." She put a hand on his shoulder and smiled, her eyes flashed a tranquil blue. "Thanks." In a moment, she felt the energy drained out of her and her knees crumpled beneath her.

"Whoa there." Zaneth had to grab her before she could fall to the ground. Instead he eased her to the ground in a sitting position. "You okay? The circle shouldn't have done anything, all it should have been doing was blocking magical stuff from passing through." Zaneth started feeling guilty, what if what ever she was had a bad reaction to circles? Is that even possible? "Should I get the nurse or something?"

Cassia blinked and looked around. She must've blacked out because she looked around, clearly confused. Her eyes turned from the blue to a green and she looked at Zaneth. "Um...I don't know? I seemed to have blacked out. I don't even know how I got here." Cassia rubbed her eyes and relaxed her shoulders. "I think I just need some water." She used Zaneth as a foundation to help herself up and stood up.

Cain had since been going about his business in training, performing acrobatics and perfecting his energy skills. He was a little rusty but the two hours he had granted himself gave him plenty of time to improve. By the time the man had finished he was breathing heavily and sweaty, mouth dry as his humor. "Need some water," he mumbled, shrugging his shoulders and moving his arms about to compensate for the lack of movement. He emerged from the gym and began directing the energy in his body to his lungs and heart, aiding him in breathing a bit. By the time he reached the cafeteria he was breathing normal, and the only sign that he had worked out was his dampened hair. "Wonder where all the people are now," he murmured to himself, picking up a chilled bottle of water and taking a drink from it. "Maybe they're at the library. If I'm lucky I might be able to find something from Bill Hicks. Or Terrence McKenna..." He continued to think to himself out loud, mind migrating to the works of Carl Jung as he strolled down the hallway, using his map to navigate as he sipped his water.

"Alright lets get you some water" Zaneth lent his shoulders to Cassia and stood up and started walking with her toward the cafeteria "Yeah I'm coming with you, just in case." He held the door open for her as she went inside. She was making the situation seem rather light, it concerned Zaneth because there was magic involved and although he didn't know a whole lot about magic (even though he was a Wizard) he knew that it could be unpredictable. So, he was going to be keeping an eye on her for a bit.

As they walked into the cafeteria Zaneth spotted Cain, the dude that was sitting with him when he was eating breakfast. Zaneth greeted him with a gesture of his hand as he handed a water to Cassia with the other.