Say Something I'm giving up on you

Status
Not open for further replies.
He heard her crying,but knew that he wouldn't be able to help her. When he was finished packing David gave her friend Caroline a call, asking for her to go over to their house. He didn't tell her why, but she didn't hesitate.

When Caroline arrived to the house she knew something was wrong, David's car was gone. On the weekends he was always home. She knocked lightly on the door. "Arla? David said I should come over, is everything okay?"

Arla had finally got done crying about the time Caroline came over. She walked over to the door and unlocked it. "Yeah everything's fine. " She gave a soft smile to the woman. "I think David made a mistake asking you to come over.." She started to shut the door on the woman.

She was shocked to say the least. "Ah, alright then. He made it seem like you needed someone to talk to." Caroline said through the door before turning to walk back to her car.

"Thank you but no thank you.." She said to the woman as she was walking away. She shut the door and locked it back. Arla didn't want to cook now, so she just went to her bedroom and laid down. She snatched her wedding ring off and tossed it across the room. "Fuck him.." She said to herself as she just decides to go to sleep.

Caroline left, calling David and yelling at him for making her go over for nothing. After that she made her way back to her place.

David rolled his eyes. Of course Arla wouldn't want anyone near her. She pushed everyone away when she needed them most. He ate room service at the hotel, picking out a nice one since he might as well. David liked fancier things, liked to treat himself.

Arla ended up sleeping the night away.

She ended up waking up. She turned over and saw that David wasn't next to her. 'He was never happy with me..' she thought as tears once again started falling. She fell asleep once again wondering what have she ever done wrong.

The next morning David got up and headed back home, deciding that she had had some time to cool off and that they might be able to talk about things. As he was driving his mind wandered, hoping she hadnt somehow gotten pregnant. David knew that he would stay with her no matter his feelings if that happened, it was just the type of guy he was.

Arla had woken up again and started to make herself breakfast. She kept her mind on the bad things that happened between her and David to keep from missing him. She made her plate and sat down eating. She didn't want to see David at all anymore.

As he got home David unlocked the front door and came in quietly. He wasn't sure if she was up yet and didn't want to wake her. When he saw her in the kitchen he sighed softly before going in. "Good morning." David said gently before going to make himself coffee.

"Speak of the damn devil.." She mumbled hearing him unlock the door. She kept eating having her back still turned to him. "Good morning my ass..." She said before taking another bite of her food. She looks at him over her shoulder. "So you brought your ass back to make some coffee..why? Your secretary didn't want to make it for you. " She said it bitterly and went back to eating.

David's eyes hardened. "I thought we could talk about things, though I see that you are in no condition to. I also rushed out so fast I didn't bring a change of clothes. I figured I could change without too much of a problem."

"Yeah well.. I thought we could talk about things too.. like a married couple talk about their problems to each other. But no.. YOU want a divorce!" She told him still having her back turned now still pushing her food around on her plate.

He sighed, rubbing his neck. "Alright." David finally said. "Pretend I didn't say that part. Pretend I just said that I kissed my secretary. How would you react to that? What would you want to do about it?"

"Punch you in the face.." Arla said plain and simply at first.

"But you know I won't .. so I wanna ask. Why would you kiss your secretary when you have a wife at home to kiss on?" She turned sideways in the chair and arched her eyebrow. "Go ahead and explain this to me so in case I don't like it..I shall punch you in the face. " She folded her arms over her chest giving him a glare.

David figured she wouldn't actually hit him, she didn't know how, so he took a seat. "I guess I didn't want to push you. We haven't don't anything physical in over a year Arla. I tried... The first few months I tried to get you in the mood and you just pushed away. What is it? Am I too old for you now? Are you afraid I'm going to start asking for children?"

She thought about kicking him out the chair for a moment then blinked and looked at him. "So you're divorcing me because I won't have sex and the reason for that is cause I figured you wouldn't stay by my side. " She looked at him as she folded her arms.

He shook his head. "I want a divorce because we never talk about things anymore." David told her. "How long has it been since we actually had a conversation that lasted this long? Half the time I sleep in the spare room, don't you think that's a problem?"

She ended up slamming her hand on the table. "You get mad because we don't talk about things?! You don't tell me nothing David! You come home, I cook for you. We eat a silent dinner and we go to bed! It's been the same thing everyday! If there was something wrong you had something to say at dinner!" She was yelling at him. "David you had plenty of time to say something! Sometimes I'm glad when you go sleep in the spare room and you know I just don't want to be around anyone! So no I did not think something was wrong!" She had ended up getting up and taking her plate to the sink and storm off to her bedroom. "Come get your damn clothes and get out!" She was now in the room grabbing his clothes and throwing them on the floor.

David watched her throw her little fit and stood, grabbing the clothes that would wrinkle. "How was I supposed to open up to you when I know you would get like this? Maybe we just know each other too well and our afraid of stepping on each other's toes."

He walked closer to her and looked her in the eye. "We used to tell each other everything, then you came home one day and wouldn't talk. What happened that day Arla? What couldn't you tell me."

Arla looked up at him seeing him look her in the eyes. "David.." She calmed down and looked away then sat on the bed. "I don't know.. I.. " She sighed. "I felt as if you was tired of me telling you everything.. to me, I felt as if I talked too much and I just wanted to be quiet then things just changed all at once.." She sat there and rubbed her arms. "I'm sorry.." She mumbled. "You can leave, if you want. " She rests her head against the headboard of the bed pulling her knees to her chest once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.