Say Something I'm giving up on you

Status
Not open for further replies.
David sighed, hearing her voice break. "Don't cry... Please don't cry. I just don't see it anymore, I don't feel any love in this house and I can't stand it. The meals you make are delicious, but they don't make up for all the little things we used to do together."

She looked down placing her elbows on her thighs and rubbed her forehead and temples a bit. She was already crying, her long hair just hid her face. "What are the little things?" She asked through her tears but managed to say in her normal voice.

He groaned. "I don't know, like.... We used to give each other massages when we thought the other had a hard day. I used to bring home flowers and that would make you smile, the last few didn't change your mood at all. You would randomly make reservations and send me texts during the day telling me what to wear and when to come. Things like that." David explained.

The woman just cried harder, her leg shaking as she kept her head down still. "David, things like that can happen again. The love can always come back only if you want it to. " She said softly now watching her tears hit her lap.

David stood, unable to take her silent crying. "I don't think it can. I think it won't ever come back the same way that it used to be. We aren't the same people." With that he took the bottle of wine and headed to their bedroom.

Arla wiped her tears hearing him get up. She sat up straight to get to see him walk into the room. She followed after him. "You just don't want us to be the same again David. ." She said to him.

He shook his head. "That isn't true. I just don't think I can pretend to be someone I'm not. I can't pretend that I like watching those sci fi movies with you. I can't pretend that I like baking things with you.... I don't know if this will work with me being completely honest."

Arla stared at him. "Then if you don't think it'll work, why do you keep coming back? Why are you here in my bedroom? Why don't you just get everything and go?!" She yelled at first then shook her head to sit down. "Just leave..you don't want what I have to offer so there's no point in you being here or ever coming back here. " She told him then looked away.

David walked closer to her, setting a kiss on the top of her head. "I just can't let go of you. Not until it's final and in paper. Maybe I'm looking for a reason to stay." He said softly, not knowing himself why he wanted to stay.

She sat there and rolled her eyes. "There's no reason to stay. There's no reason to be here.,okay? I need to go to bed. " She mumbled to him softly.

He sighed and stood, starting to gather everything that he needed. "Just call or text me when you want to talk then. I'll try to stay out of your way." David zipped up his bag, having enough for about a week.

"No need for that, you wouldn't care anyways.." She told him watching him leave as she just sits down and lays back on the bed.

David simply shrugged and headed to the hotel. Once there he called his secretary, telling her what was happening. Talking about it helped him figure out that he did want to leave.

She lays on her side and just cries. "I'm in love with someone that just doesn't want me.." She just cries her eyes out into her comforter.

He stayed away for a few days, going to work and then back to the hotel. By the third day he had his secretary coming with him sometimes. David hated eating along so he brought her along, going on what felt like normal dates. It wasn't like there was a large age difference, only two years, and they had known each other for awhile.

On the fifth day he knew he had to go back and try to work things out. His lawyer had drafted up a divorce real quick. It left Arla with the house and a lot of money, enough that she should agree to it easily.

For the few days, Arla went to work and came home making herself dinner and head to bed. She finally made it a routine for herself. She did all she could to keep her mind off of David. There was a few times she cried but most of the times she just choke up her tears. She was a wreck of emotions and she didn't know how to handle them.

On that fifth day, she sat there on the couch watching movies in her gown. She sat there eating chips and dip.

David knocked on the door, feeling weird because it was his house, but he didn't want to walk in on Arla. He waited patiently at the door, the papers in his hand ready to give.

She got up only wearing a long sleep shirt. She went over to the door and opened it seeing David. "Yes...?" She asked him.

"I have papers for you to look over. If you want to talk with lawyers about it you can, I gave you the house and half my money, your car.... I think that's all, just read it and let me know if you want any changes." David told her.

"Okay. " She took the papers then shut and lock the door back in his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.