Say Something I'm giving up on you

Status
Not open for further replies.
He watched her for a moment before sitting down next to her. "I liked your chatter. It used to take up all the silence. That's one of the things I liked about you." David explained, reaching out and putting his hand on her knee. "I need to go to work today... But at dinner maybe we can talk about things, come to an agreement."

She smiled softly at his comment about her chattering. Her smile faded hearing about him having to go to work. "Oh..alright. Have fun at work. " She faked this smile as she knew he was going to be with his secretary. "We can do that definitely at dinner. " She nodded then still sat there now looking down at his hand.

David sighed. "I promise that while we are waiting to talk it out I won't do anything with anyone. Personally I think we are too far gone, but I'm willing to talk about everything tonight. I'll be back around five." He said, kissing the top of her head lightly before heading out.

'Had to ruin the touching moment..' she thought and rolled her eyes after he turned away then she sighed softly also. "Have fun at work.. I'll be here. " She laid over on the bed as he left the room.

The day went by slowly. As soon as he got there David ignored his secretary, trying to keep his promise. At least he didn't have to present in any meetings that day.

By the time he got back hope David was ready for bed. "Hello?" He called as he came in the house, holding a bottle of wine in his hand.

Arla had went as far as making herself presentable for David. She had curled her hair a bit then had add a bit of makeup and wore a dress that she bought that showed off her curves and a good amount of cleavage. She felt somewhat awkward dressed up in her own home but she wanted to make it up to David.

"I'm in here.." The woman called out as she had also cooked a special dinner. She didn't make it candlelight but it was something. She had fixed both plates on the table and went to the door to meet him. "Do I look somewhat decent?" She moved a bang she had behind her ear.

His eyes widened at her appearance. "Decent? You look more than decent. You didnt have to get all dressed up for me though." David told her. He felt underdressed even though he was still in a suit and tie.

"I brought some wine home, I thought you might like it." He hadn't remembered her favorite kind so David got what he liked.

Arla grinned at his reaction. She felt confident now and softly giggled at his comment. "Thank you.." She said softly only a light blush hinting her cheeks.

She looked at the wine. "Ah that stuff.." She said softly. "I'll grab the wine glasses. " She told him and went over to the cabinet.

Daivid shook his head as she walked off. He needed to keep his memories of her in his mind. If he just focused on her appearance he knew they would end up married for many more years.

He walked further into the house, dropping his bag on the couch and making his way towards the kitchen. "Did you make food already? I was going to say we could order out if you didn't want to go through all that."

She went over to the table with wine glasses. "I'm sorry.. I didn't know that you wanted to eat out.." She felt somewhat bad now but sighed. "I will know next time.. but yes dinner is on the table. " She sits down. "I made your favorite meal. " She gave a small smile.

"It's fine Arla, I should have asked you earlier anyway." He told her , sitting in the empty seat. It was a meal that he liked... But not his favorite anymore. "Thank you, I'm sure it tastes good." David murmured, starting to cut into the meat.

Arla closed her eyes and gave another silent sigh. "So..let's talk about this.." She started to eat some of her food.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked, trying to make her steer the conversation. David had told her most of his side of things. It really was up to her.

"You know.." She said, not looking up at him and just stared at her plate. "The only thing the dinner is made out for..otherwise you wouldn't be here. " She said then looked up at him under her eyelashes. "You understand now darling?" She said that a bit more sweeter than earlier.

David rolled his eyes. "What about it?" He asked her. That had been what he was really asking the first time. He started eating his food, wanting that part of it done.

Arla was ready to get this night over with now. She sat her fork down and leaned back in her chair. She smoothed out the wrinkles in her dress which was keeping her from wanting to jump across the table. "Well.. there's really not a damn thing to say is there? We've already talked about the problems and I believe they can be simply fixed. " She already knew David was going to disagree and right now, she didn't pretty much care anymore. She's trying and now he's not. Arla was just on the edge of just sending David home if the night didn't get any better.

He rested his hands over his face as she spoke, trying to keep calm. "How do you suggest we fix things? What do you think will work?" He asked before dismissing them right away like he wanted to. David didn't think there was any hope anymore, but if she wanted to try he guessed that he would.

She steadily kept smoothing out her dress and picked invisible lint off of it. "How I suggest?" To her, that question he asked was just simply stupid. "Well.." She started once again. "The things aren't getting talked about enough..we could talk about them. The sex that's not being done, can be. As I can recall that's all you were complaining about." Her blue eyes look up at him. "Everything that's not being done can simply be done. "

David looked at her and shook his head. "The love isn't there anymore Arla! When we are together we aren't there completely. I don't want to have sex just because it feels like we have to. I don't want to talk because I feel obligated to. I want to be in love again and I don't see that happening."

She stared a moment. "I still love you.." She whispered softly before averting her gaze back down to her dress. "I-I want to make things better.. I.." Her voice was breaking as she sat there in silence, trying not to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.