Saving the Angel

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliot waited for her until she was finally done picking clean clothes. He was a patient guy. He smiled when she was finally done, "Alrighty then come on." He went to the cash register and paid for all the clothes. He looked at her and smiled, "Are you all set now???"

America nodded, managing a small, "yea." She smiled slightly and walked out quietly before turning towards him to find out which way. She followed him to the hotel and walked in, looking around nervously.

Elliot was surprised she spoke but smiled. Once they got to the hotel he rented a room and took the key. He lead her to the room and once he opened the door, he allowed her to walk in first. He smiled at her, "You see? Isn't this much better than an abandoned house?"

She nodded with a small smile and went straight to the bathroom. She took a long shower which felt great. She got out and carefully slid on a pair of her new clothes before walking out silently.

As she was in the shower Elliot looked out the window... suddenly a piercing pain shot straight through his heart. It felt as if someone was squeezing it. He held his chest with one hand and with the other hand set on the table to keep him up. He panted slightly.

America saw him when she walked out and she ran over to him. She used up all her strength-which wasn't a lot-and dragged him over and onto the bed. She found a washcloth and wet it before gently laying it on his forehead.

The pain slowly subsided and Elliot sat up slowly on the bed. He smiled weakly at her, "I am fine. Don't worry about it."
He took a deep breath and stood up.

Last edited:
She nervously stepped back as she nodded and sat on the other bed. "Thank you," she whispered, though it was as loud as she could speak.

Reactions: Bryce
He looked at her and smiled slightly, "Don't mention it. Its what I do." He walkover to the sink, grabbed a glass cup and filled it up with water. He came back and handed it to her.
"Here this will help. I am assuming you are dehydrated."
He let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair before sitting down on his bed. He then looked at her, "I am assuming you are wondering why I am doing this..." He held her gaze for a few moments then let out another sigh.
"Look... I know this is going to sound crazy but I am not going to lie to you... I could even prove it to you. I am not even suppose to be telling you this but it doesn't make any difference for me anymore if a break one more rule... but" there was a pause, "I know you had a horrible past American. I know about your parents and the horrible things they did and I know you ran away from all that. I truly apologize that happened to you... you shouldn't have gone through that" He looked away for a moment then back at her, "My point is... I have been watching over you for quit some time now. I am your guardian angel, and I know how crazy that sounds but it is true. I came down here to put you on the right tracks..."

Last edited:
She took the water and downed it quickly. She nodded silently and carefully put the cup in the sink, scared that it will break easily with light contact. She sat down on her bed and looked at him with a reassuring smile though she knew it was mostly for her sake. She listened to his explanation and shook her head almost immediately. She put her head in her hands and began to cry uncontrollably as the memories came back to her.

Elliot wasn't expecting that reaction at all. He frowned, being her guardian he could sense and feel her sadness. And whats worse he hates seeing girls cry. He walks over to her and sits beside her. He gently patted her back, "Its ok." He said soothingly.

She kept her face in her hands, unable to stop crying. She threw her arms around him without thinking and buried her face into his neck. "I'm sorry," she finally mumbled and pulled away nervously as she caught her breath.

Elliot looked down at her and smiled slightly and gently hugs her, "Its ok. I don't mind. This is what I am here for. To comfort and support you."

She hugged him back and found a brush that she had gotten. She brushed out her red hair and looked around the room silently. "This is nice..."

Elliot grinned "Yeah it is. And hey! I just realized you are talking to me alot more. That is great!"

"Not what it normally is but something," she whispered softly as she laid down underneath her covers and curled up into a little ball, fast asleep before she could even get comfortable.

Reactions: Bryce
Elliot smiled down at her and put the covers over her. He walked over to his bed and laid down. He put his hands behind his head and looked up at the ceiling... just thinking. Thinking of everything that had happened to day. Finally he slowly drifted to sleep as he absentmindedly plays with his dog tag.

America woke up the next morning, feeling better rested than she had in years. She turned the tv on and watched it without saying a word, surprised she remembered how to work a remote.

Elliot was still asleep. He was having dreams... dreams about his past. Dreams about the war. He began sweat and breath heavily. Finally all he heard was a gun shot and he sat straight up. It took him a moment to remember where he was.

America looked over and went to him. "What's wrong?" She asked softly as she sat down beside him and looked over. She gently rubbed his back as he had her before.

Status
Not open for further replies.