Saved Your Life

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce rolled his eyes and was about to say something then Hulk jumped onto his lap. He chuckled and pet him then looked at Leah, "I think he wants to go on a walk." He stood up and put his leash on him.

Leah instantly became happy, "Yes!" She happily exclaimed, already opening the front door for them, grinning from ear to ear.

He raised an eyebrow at her excitement but followed after her with Hulk. And with that they began walking. Bryce noticed how quickly the damp ground was drying up.

Leah looked around at the passing houses, "Y'know, this place is kind of sketchy." She mentioned hesitantly.

He shrugged, "I live in the ghetto what do you expect? Nothing bad has actually happened in months." As if on cue a fire truck passed them and Bryce stared at it for a moment, "Well... now something happened." He seen smoke coming from a house... he knew the woman that lived in that house. He raised an eyebrow, "Oh shit..." he rushed to the house.

Leah became as concerned as Bryce, running after him, "Wait, what- Do you know the people in that house?" She tried to keep up with his frantic pace.

Bryce nodded as he seen the burning building up close, "Yeah. A friend of the family... She is pregnant." He watched as one person after another exits the apartment... But no Haley.

"Well that is the last of them..." one of the firefighters say.

Bryce growled in irritated then he heard a woman yell, "Help!"

He shot a glare at them, "Does it SEEM like you got everyone morons!?!" He gave Leah the leash then bolted inside.

"Kid wait-"

"FUCK OFF!" He yells in the building.

"Em, I- What? Fuck!" Leah scrambled to grab the leash, leaning down to try and calm down the furiously barking Hulk.

She rapidly tied the leash to a nearby mailbox, nearly tripping over her own feet when running to stop the police from going after Bryce. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!" She held her arms out in front of them, stopping them from going any further. She started to ramble on, "No, no, no, don't go after him! Trust me, he's fine, I know he's crazy for doing that but let me tell you that he really is fucking insane because he must be suicidal or something because of all the times he randomly thinks it's perfectly acceptable to nearly kill himself but trust me he's gonna be fine, I know, he's done it before, the only reason I'm standing here is because of him so just let his little mind wander into rescue-mode and just stand back, try not to let him make out with you because he seems to have a thing for that so he might have a thing for police men too, I'm not entirely sure-"

"Please shut up, Miss." One police offer spoke very bluntly, still trying to get around her.

She gasped, shoving her hands into both of the officer's faces, taking them off-guard and pushing them back.

Bryce coughed up some smoke but yelled, "HALEY!"

"BRYCE!?!"

He rushed to the voice and sure enough there she was on the floor, her water broken. His eyes widened and he looked out the window and yelled, "Tell the ambulance to hurry up! Her water broke!"

He looked back at Haley and picked her up, "Come on Haley just keep breathing and wait a little longer!" He rushed out of the house, coughing roughly as the ambulance came.

Leah became more panicked every second they were in there, at least feeling a tiny relieved to know that they were still alive in there, despite whoever the girl was having a baby on the way. "Jesus Christ..." She cursed to herself. "Today is so messed up."

As the ambulance rushed in front of the house after a little while, and paramedics rushed out with a stretcher. Leah looked panicked between the fire, the pregnant woman, and Hulk. She rushed over to Hulk, hastily picking him up in her arms, staring confused at all the chaos.

The paramedics tried checking to see if Bryce was ok however he simply swatted them away and told them to fuck off. He sighed and plopped a seat on the ground looking at Hulk who jumped out of Leah's arms and into his.

Leah just stared at all the commotion, mouth agape, slightly mesmerized, slightly terrified, "Oh my God, is she going to have to give birth in the back on an ambulance?! What a fucking terrible and painful way to have a child..." She cringed thinking about how crazy of a birth story that child was going to have if he survived.

Bryce sighed as he stood up, "Well I believe that was the first time I was freaking out. I was fine with the whole fire thing... then I realized her water broke...." he shivers then shakes the thought out of his head, "Although I have to admit I am curious. Wanna go to the hospital and wait for her?"

Leah, still slightly mesmerized, simply said, "Yeah." Already walking back towards his house, not paying much attention to anything.

He they went back over to his house. When they got there he quickly changed his clothes that have been burned and then gave Hulk some food and water before leaving and jumping into his car. They got to the hospital just as the ambulance did. They got out and seen them rush her inside. Haley was letting out blood curdling screams. Bryce winced and covered his ears, "Jesus... We are all the way over here and it still hurt my ears..."

When back at his house, Leah quickly sent a text to her mom which said "Probably going to be coming home later than I expected" and shut off her phone completely. Leah winced when hearing the girl's screams, covering her ears from time to time. "Same" She sighed, already emotionally tired, "How are we going to get in there as a visitor though? You know her to some important degree, right?"

He nodded slightly, "Yeah I do. She is friends with my sister... and I guess you can say she is kinda a member of the family. We have known her long enough. We can just wait in the waiting room."

Leah nodded, sitting down with her legs crossed and one arm propped up for her head as she nervously tapped her foot. She looked around at the couple other people in the room, seeing an elderly couple and a possible homeless drug addict. There wasn't much business today, obviously, and Leah just hoped that no one would question them or anything. "So..." She started awkwardly, trying to pass time, "How did she meet your sister, do you know?"

"Well she was a childhood friend of my sisters. Neighbors. Just like me and my friend Piper except she is back in Colorado."

Eventually the doctor came out and said, "Is anybody named Bryce Wolfe here!"

Bryce stood up, "Uh, yeah. That's me."

The doctor looked at him, "Haley asked specifically for you... Do you know where the child's father's at?"

Bryce sighed, "He left the moment he found out she was pregnant."

The doctor shook his head, "Alright well you and your girlfriend can go see her now."

Wait... girlfriend!?!

Leah nervously laughed, instantly standing up next to Bryce, forcing a smile, "Uh.. We're not dating! Thanks, bye, let's go..." She hastily grabbed his wrist, forcing him to come along as she followed the directions to the room from the doctor, just wanting to get out of that situation.

She stopped in front of the room door, "You go first. She doesn't know me." She said, stepping back, nervously messing with her fingers as a habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.