[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n
"You wouldn't murder me, I'm too pretty," Roman chuckled. He was now rubbing Samuel's back reassuringly, because as much as he might have been joking around and teasing his boyfriend, he wasn't mad at him, and he didn't think it was a big deal. He just liked to playfully tease Samuel sometimes, and Samuel seemed to be okay with it, if a little embarrassed.

"And besides, if you tried to make a move on him I'd murder him first. How dare someone be attractive to my boyfriend. I'd be personally offended." Roman kissed Samuel on the top of the head, nuzzling his face into the grey curls.

"But, like, seriously, you just admitted he was hot," Roman chuckled.

"Oh my god, no, shut up," Samuel whined again, even if he did just technically admit it, he really should think more about what he was saying in situations like these, "I am going to sleep now and I'm not talking to you ever again,"

Samuel supposed he should be happy Roman wasn't the type to be unreasonably jealous like Samuel had a tendency to be, and that he was being a good sport about it all but Samuel still rolled off him and laid with his back turned to him to make a point of it, like how Roman had done it that morning.

"Hang on," Not even a second later Samuel turned around a cuddled close to his boyfriend. He was weak and didn't want to miss out on being close to him even to make a point.

"I love you," Samuel mumbled softly, "...Now I'm not talking to you ever again,"

r o m a n
"We live together, dumbass," Roman said with a roll of his eyes. "Have fun never talking to me again."

Despite the promise of eternal silence from his boyfriend, Roman held him close and kissed him on the lips once more. He could never kiss him enough. Samuel was beautiful and perfect and amazing and Roman considered himself the luckiest guy alive because he was the one who had Samuel's heart.

Roman gave him a long, lingering kiss to the lips, then pulled him in close to him, pressing their chests together. He could feel the warmth radiating off his boyfriend and touching him. It felt nice. Calm. Right.

"Goodnight. I love you."

"Oh my god they are so cute," Samuel mumbled to his boyfriend as they walked into the stables the next day. As soon as they had woken up the next morning Samuel had given up on his vow to never speak with Roman again and the morning continued on as normal.

After a nice breakfast visiting and riding the horses had been suggested and soon there after everyone who had wanted to partake in the activity had gathered and driven up to the stable and enclosures where the horses lived.

Samuel had yet to decide if he actually wanted to ride the horses, it seemed a little scary to him, being on a horse back wasn't too far up so it wasn't like his fear of heights was a huge problem in this case, it was just something he hadn't done before and falling off didn't seem like something that was too unlikely to happen, in case the horse decided to run fast at random or something. They were animals with a mind of their own after all. But now that he could see the animals they all seemed to be calm and cute, so it might just be a problem he was making p in his head.

Samuel reached out to pet one of the horses, it had peeked its head out a little from its stall and looked very adorable, so Samuel couldn't resist.

r o m a n
Roman was excited for horse riding. He had always been rather good at it, and he had done it frequently when on the farm as a child. Then, they had stopped coming so frequently so he hadn't done it in a while.

He, Samuel, Claudia and June went up to the stables with Uncle Hadley to go horse riding. Hadley was the best horseman out of all of David and Daphne's kids, so he had elected to take the teens.

"Oh my god, Roman, look, it's Snowy," June whispered as she tugged on Roman's hand and pointed to the snowy white horse they had grown up riding on the farm.

"You can take her," said Roman happily to his cousin.

Soon, they were all sitting atop steeds. Roman had gotten a pitch black stallion named Noir. June rode Snowy, Claudia rode an old mare named Winnie and Samuel rode the horse who had stuck his head out to meet him. It's name was Sunny.

"Hey, doesn't your husband look great on a horse?" Roman leaned over to say to Samuel quietly, nodding to Hadley's back.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Roman!" Samuel exclaimed angrily at Roman's teasing, cheeks tinted a light pink, and then lowered his voice a little, "Don't say shit like that, what if they hear,"

He had made a point not to look too much Hadley's way because now he felt really awkward, and now that he was up on the horse he was too focused on being on a horse to think much about the topic of conversation last night.

Roman and his cousins clearly had some experience with riding horses as they all seemed to know what they were doing. And Samuel didn't see any reason to stop himself from thinking that his boyfriend looked really cool on the horse's back, with proper posture. Samuel on the other hand almost felt a need to lean forward and wrap his arms around Sunny's neck in an attempt to keep his balance, but he tried his best to sit with his back straight and a with a proper hold on the reins like he had been instructed.

"You're a total liar by the way," Samuel continued in a more conversational but semi-joking tone, "You said you didn't do any sports when you grew up, you've clearly done horseback riding more than once,"

r o m a n
"I am not a liar. Horseback riding doesn't count as a sport." Roman rolled his eyes. "I am doing none of the work. It's all Noir here." Roman affectionately petted the horse's neck.

They continued to ride for a little while, Roman pointing out landmarks to Samuel and teasing his cousins. He was having a lot of fun.

They had crossed from the path and into a meadow, with the horses trotting along leisurely. Roman was just pointing out the pretty colours of the flowers when Hadley suddenly stopped his horse.

"Careful. There's a snake."

That wasn't an issue, really. They had seen plenty of snakes -- and cut their heads off with shovels -- while on the farm. They all stopped and watched as the small snake, which they knew wasn't poisonous based on its markings, slithered its way through the grass.

Noir, however, didn't like the snake at all. Roman and his horse were right at the back of the group; the snake was making its way past them all when Noir spotted it and was immediately spooked. He let out a loud whinny of protest and stood up on his back legs, thus throwing Roman off.

"Roman!"

Roman hit the ground with a loud thud and an even louder grunt of pain. His head was protected by his riding helmet but he handed on the left side of his body, meaning that his left arm, leg and his side were met with an intense pain. He was also winded, meaning that he wasn't breathing for the moment.

Seeing the snake passing in front of them made Samuel a little nervous about how the horses would react, but the one he was riding didn't do anything at all really, just patiently waited for the horses further ahead to keep on walking. Roman's horse, however, did not like the sight of the snake and Samuel snapped around and stared in horror as Roman fell of the frightened horse onto the ground below him.

Samuel was surprisingly quick of the horse, swinging one leg over and jumping off, only stumbling a little once he was down on the ground as he had been a little further up than he had thought. He rushed over to his boyfriend and sat on the ground next to him and started looking for the clotting agent in the bag Roman always had to carry with him without saying anything. There was no way of telling exactly how severe it was without communicating with Roman, but in case it was bad wasting time on asking questions before getting his epi-pen to him.

Once it was found almost automatically wanted to hand it to someone else, he always tended to do that, whether it was to one of Roman's long time friend's or Roman himself, it just felt like they'd be able to do it better. But in this cas, everyone who had known him for long were still up on the horses and Roman seemed to be struggling with breathing, Samuel prayed that was because the fall had left him winded and not because the pain was so intense.

So, with just a moment of hesitation Samuel shoved the needle into Roman's leg, in the way he had seen him do it so many times, cringing a little as he did it, he knew it would make things better but shoving a sharp object into someone's leg was still a kind of unpleasant feeling.

"Are you okay?" Samuel carefully moved Roman so his head rested in a more comfortable position in his lap while trying to keep his voice calm as he asked, it was technically a dumb question, of course he wasn't, Samuel could already see the bruises starting to form along his left arm, but it was the quickest way of asking how much damage had been done and in how much pain he was in.

r o m a n
"Roman!"

"Oh my God!"

Roman's cousins and uncle hurriedly dismounted their horses as Samuel took the epi pen and jabbed it into Roman's leg. Hadley got Noir under control as Claudia and June ran over to Roman. They crouched down next to Samuel, worried looks on their faces.

Roman groaned as he rolled onto his back, unable to stay on his left side for any longer. His arm and his side were clearly sporting medium purple bruises, abnormally so. Claudia gasped when she saw it, and June burst into tears.

"I ... I think so," Roman said in a tight voice. He was able to breathe now, though his chest still hurt and his arm was aching.

"Claudia," said Hadley, coming over. "Get back on your horse, go back to the farmhouse and get Patrick to bring the ute."

Claudia just nodded and ran back to her horse. Soon she was gone and Roman turned his head to look at Samuel. "Thank you."

"Need to thank me," Samuel smiled at his boyfriend, both because he was trying to be as comforting as possible and because he truly was happy it wasn't worse.

He thought back to the last time Roman fell from a height like this, back at the playground when he had been in so bad pain he hadn't even been able to talk or move much. That fact that he had just said that he thought he'd be okay was good enough of a sign and it was what stopped Samuel from freaking out in a similar way to June.

He reached out to cup Roman's face, rubbing his cheek in a hopefully reassuring manner, "Where does it hurt? Did your arm get the worst hit so you'll be able walk, or do yo think you'll need help"

r o m a n
"I think it's just my arm," Roman grunted, his arm aching badly. He also felt some pain in his side and his leg, but it seemed to just mostly be his shoulder and arm, since those two body parts had taken the brunt of the fall.

Soon, Patrick came with the ute. Hadley helped Roman stand up, supporting his right side so Roman could limp along to the ute. He climbed in and sat in the cab. Unfortunately he couldn't lean against his right side, since the driver's seat was on the right side of the car, so he had to sit straight until Samuel got in and he could lean against him.

Patrick had brought Hillary, so Hillary decided to ride Noir back to the stables while Claudia and June took their horses and Hadley lead Samuel's back. Roman was grateful for what everyone was doing to help him. He always felt that his haemophilia was a hinderance to the people around him, but clearly, his family just wanted to help him out a little.

When they got back to the house, Daphne came rushing out to meet them. She and Samuel helped Roman upstairs to bed, where he grunted as he sat down. Daphne fluffed up his pillows so he could lean against the headboard.

After she fussed over him a little, Daphne told them she was going to make them lunch. Roman looked up at Samuel.

"I'm sorry for ruining your horse riding," he said. His entire arm, including his fingers, was purple now.

The time it took to get Roman back to the house and into bed felt long somehow, probably due to knowing he was in pain and knowing that all time he didn't spend resting was time where the would be worse. But they did get him laying down with out any major issues and Samuel laid down next to him so he wouldn't be all alone.

"Roman, you didn't ruin horse riding," Samuel said somewhat firmly and placed a little kiss to Roman's cheek before continuing in a lighter, more joking tone, "if anyone ruined it was Noir, and Noir's a horse so it wouldn't be fair to blame him"

It was no ones fault and Samuel didn't mind, the only think he felt sad about was that his boyfriend was in pain and that Roman was feeling bad about involuntarily interrupting their activities.

"it was just cut short, not ruined, and I got to see you look all cool on a horse, that's what matters," Samuel said softly and dared to glance at Roman's now purple arm, it looked really terrible, "Do you need your pain meds?"

r o m a n
Roman smiled weakly. Samuel was always trying to make sure that Roman felt good about himself, even if he felt like absolute shit. Luckily he didn't feel too bad in that moment, but still, Samuel was being amazing. Like he always was.

"Yes please," he said when Samuel asked if he wanted his meds. His arm was really aching, but luckily he had painkillers strong enough to fight off even the worst agony. His mother had always worried that he would grow addicted to said painkillers, but thankfully he didn't have to take them as much as Ingrid had worried he would have to.

Daphne came back with two big bowls of ravioli with a rich, homemade tomato sauce, as well as some homemade garlic bread, and two 1.25 litre bottles of Coke. She knew how much Roman loved Coke. Roman thanked his grandmother and kissed her on the cheek, before she departed.

"Thanks," he then said to Samuel when he received his pills. He took them with the Coke, drinking it straight out of the bottle.

"Im happy to help" Samuel smiled warmly at Roman, despite the fact that it tended to be for horrible reasons it was always nice to eat their food in bed together like they were now, "tell me if you need anything else,"

It was a little sad that Roman wouldn't be able to enjoy the rest of their time on the farm as well is I would if he hadn't hurt himself, but luckily the fall could have been a lot worse and Roman seemed to be fine with walking around and doing things after a couple of they, although he did of course have to take it easy.

Everyone in Roman's extended family seemed more than happy to take care of him and make sure he was okay after he got hurt and Samuel was very happy about that, they were good people, there to help a family member in need.

Soon their visit came to an end, they were leaving some time before Hadley's family, which made sense since they had arrived earlier, but everyone was still there to see them off. Samuel was making sure they had everything to let Roman properly take the time he wanted to say goodbye to his relatives. Samuel had insisting on driving home, Roman's arm looked better but there was no point in him making it worse by driving.

r o m a n
It was time for Roman and Samuel to leave, because school would be starting in a couple of weeks and they wanted some time to settle into their routine. The family was gathered around the front door, saying goodbye to the boys.

Roman hugged Patrick and Hillary first, then Hadley, then his cousins. June didn't want to let him go but Claudia pried her off.

"Call me everyday!"

"June --"

"Okay, let's start a snapchat streak."

"Alright."

Last, Roman turned to his grandparents, who gave him huge hugs and many kisses to the cheeks.

"Drive safe," David said.

"Call us when you get home."

"Okay. Thank you for letting us stay."

"It was our pleasure." Daphne pulled away and turned to Samuel, wrapping him in a tight hug also. "It was lovely to meet you. Come back anytime."

Samuel smiled a little at how sweet the family was when saying goodbye, and when he was wrapped into a hug from Daphne he certainly didn't object.

"Thank you for having me," Samuel smiled at his boyfriend's grandmother "It was really nice meeting you,"

Samuel made sure to give everyone a proper wave and goodbye before they both stepped into the car and pulled out from the farm, Samuel driving but trusting Roman and the gps for directions.

"You know, between the farm and California this was probably one of the best summers ever"

r o m a n
"I know," said Roman softly, a smile on his face.

He waved to his family until he could no longer see them, and then he turned around to face the front. The farm was melting away into bushland as they drove down the rocky dirt road, and after a few minutes, they reached the smooth highway. Australia was a beautiful country. All around them was unique nature, stunning landscapes, happy animals.

Roman turned his head and looked at the most beautiful part of it all. Samuel.

He reached over, took Samuel's hand and raised it to his lips.

"The best part, though, was getting to spend it with you."

"How much is there left?" Samuel sighed and stretched his arms up above his head after placing yet another heavy box in the floor of the apartment.

"A couple more boxes" Evan said as he too placed a box down amongst all the other boxes and stray furniture, "London's coming up with the last chair and that's it for furniture"

London, Evan and Allison were finally coming to live in Melbourne, it had taken two years and a couple of months but they were going to be here now and that was what counted. And they were going to be neighbors, which definitely made up for lost time.

Another summer had passed since the one when they had all gone to California and Samuel was doing his third year at university for his teaching degree. He and Roman were as of last week no longer living with their former housemates and instead in a little apartment of their own, they weren't completely settled in yet but today was all about helping Evan and London move in to the apartment next door. They had been really lucky to be able to rent apartments this close to each other, but thanks to knowing someone who knew the guy who was renting out the apartments they had been more trustworthy than completely random strangers and thus had an easier time being allowed to rent.

"Allison, could you please let go of uncle Roman's legs so he can help, there are a couple of light ones he could carry," Evan instructed his daughter who indeed was latched on to her uncles legs, which was absolutely adorable. Since Roman was to avoid carrying huge furniture or too heavy boxes he had been put on Allison watching duty. Allison had grown a lot, now that she was two years and a couple of weeks old she had no problem walking around and playing, and also no problem in being in the way when her parents tried to carry boxes of things up to the apartment.

"I don't wanna," the little girl complained, she was also a lot better at speaking, and she was clearly an intelligent kid because Samuel was pretty sure she was better at it than a lot of the kids her age. But still she was a kid, and thus stubborn about the fact that she did not want to let go of her uncle who she hadn't gotten to see nearly often enough in her two years alive.

r o m a n
"Ugh, why did we have to get apartments with stairs, we're so stupid," Roman bitched as he carried a couple of lighter boxes up the stairs, with Allison clinging to his leg.

Despite only having moved into their own apartment a week previously, and their own apartment being littered with boxes they still had yet to unpack, Roman and Samuel had only been too happy to help London and Evan move in next door. Roman had missed his sister and his niece terribly, and now they were going to be living literally next door in a new suburb called Caulfield, which was close to Monash University, the school London had been attending online for a year. She was taking the same course as Samuel and now she would be attending it in person, and perhaps sharing some classes with the other future teacher.

"Allison, sweetie, you have to let me go, I need to help your Mummy and Daddy," Roman said to the small child. Allison was just as beautiful and adorable as she had always been, only now she was walking and talking and attending a preschool nearby. Roman loved her more than ever.

When she refused, Roman sighed, picked her up and set her on his shoulders. His hair was back to its normal brown, and he still looked as gorgeous as ever. Also, he had grown another inch. He was six-foot-nine now -- it was getting ridiculous.

"Allison, hold on. Don't you dare drop my daughter," London warned her brother. London hadn't aged a day either, only now her hair was reaching her waist and she was still beautiful.

"I won't." Roman turned to Samuel and murmured, "they have to help us unpack now."

"I honestly think they would have helped out even if we hadn't been able to help them" Samuel mumbled back, but not as quietly as Roman had, "but yeah let's pretend it's all a part of our master plan."

Samuel kissed Roman's shoulder since he couldn't pull him down for a cheek kiss while carrying Allison, and somehow he had grown even more so just trying to reach up by standing on his toes was less of an option now. Samuel wondered if his already tall boyfriend would ever stop growing, but seeing as they were both twenty it was probably the last extra inch Roman would be growing. Not that Samuel would ever complain about it, he loved all physical attributes of his boyfriend, the fact that he was ridiculously tall most definitely included.

"Okay, enough talking, let's go grab the last couple of boxes," Samuel said and urged Roman to follow, Evan had already hurried downstairs to get some of them.

"Yay!" Allison said happily upon learning she'd be carried down the stairs by her uncle. She was truly fearless.

Soon the last boxes were upstairs and all the young adults could look out of the sea of boxes that was the result of that morning's work. Allison had been let down from Roman's shoulders and was rummaging through a box with her toys that was nicely labeled Allison, with some random scribbles underneath which clearly was allison's attempt to label the box herself.

"So, lunch, anyone?" Evan suggested, eyes warmly plastered on his daughter as she found the butterfly plushie they had replaced her rattle with once she outgrew it and proudly held up her find to the adults before sitting down on the floor, hugging it, apparently having missed it the time it spent in the box.

"I could go for lunch," Samuel agreed, then there was the task of unpacking properly that Roman had mentioned, but lunch seemed like a good idea first, "our fridge is still kind of empty? Should we just get take out?"