[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n
"I can't hear you, I'm asleep," Roman mumbled. His eyes were closed and he didn't react to any of Samuel's kisses because he was tired and being annoying. But, his boyfriend was also being quite cute, and Roman had some heart.

He rolled onto his back and put an arm around Samuel's shoulders, holding him to his chest. "I'll make you a deal," he said in the same husky voice, one that was thick with sleep. He reached up to rub his own eyes as he did so.

"If you let me sleep for the next hour and don't do anything to annoy me, I'll make you buttermilk pancakes for breakfast before we go and pet the cute cows." Roman was a master of bribery. "And I'll get Uncle Patrick to show you all the sheepdogs."

"There are sheepdogs here?!" Samuel exclaimed, probably too loud for comfort for such an early time in the morning, but this was the most amazing news he had ever heard and he needed to meet the sheepdogs, "Okay never mind I'm sleeping,"

Samuel closed his eyes and stayed completely still in Roman's arms to let Roman sleep for another hour, it was worth it if it meant pancakes and dogs, he was a simple man with simple wants and needs, give him dogs and pancakes he'd be happy.

But not long after he opened his eyes again, he still didn't move much though, he didn't want to annoy his recently woken up boyfriend too much.

"Actually I can't sleep knowing there are dogs somewhere close, Roman, you shouldn't have told me that,"

r o m a n
Roman groaned, regretting his decision immensely. Of course Samuel would grow overly excited upon learning of the existence of the sheepdogs. His boyfriend really was a man of simple needs and wants.

"Ugh, fine," he complained, standing up and dragging his boyfriend out of bed.

Down in the kitchen, Daphne was baking something and greeted the boys with large smiles and kisses to the cheek. "Morning, loves."

"Morning. Is Uncle Patrick around? Samuel wants to see the sheepdogs and the cows."

"Yes, dear, he just went down to tend the chickens with your grandfather but he should be back soon."

"Awesome. Can I make pancakes?"

"Of course!"

Roman thanked her and set out to making the pancakes, throwing in some berries into the mix since they had them fresh on the farm.

Upon coming downstairs Samuel got it confirmed that most people seemed to be up and going about their day already like he had assumed. He was also happy to hear that Roman was making sure he'd be allowed to see the cute animals today by asking Daphne about the matter.

Samuel almost wanted to comment about wanting to see the chickens too but he felt like he had been nagging about the other animals enough and he was really kind of acting like a five-year-old child about seeing the farm animals and not an actual adult.

Instead, Samuel curiously peeked over at Roman mixing in berries with the pancake batter and he could already feel his mouth water at the idea of fresh berries in the pancakes. Roman was an amazing cook and Samuel was super happy about that because that meant he would get things like pancakes for breakfast every once in a while.

"Do you want any help?" Samuel asked, pancakes seemed like a one person job to him and Samuel generally wasn't too helpful to keep around in the kitchen, but he felt a little bad about forcing Roman up so early so it wouldn't hurt to be nice and ask.

r o m a n
"No, I most certainly do not want any help, you forget you can't cook for sh -- that you can't cook." Roman caught himself last minute, remembering that his grandmother, who was still baking, did not like hearing people swear, much less her grandchildren. They would always be her special babies, even when they were almost twenty years old and six-foot-seven.

Roman poured the pancake batter into a pan and began to cook. Soon, he had two decent-sized stacks of fluffy pancakes, with blueberries and raspberries cooked into the batter to add flavour. He drizzled some honey and sugar over his own pancakes, set out a variety of toppings for Samuel, and sat at the same table they had all sat at the day before.

"Tuck in," he said, handing Samuel a knife and fork. "When we're finished, Uncle Patrick can take us to see the animals and I'll fall asleep under a tree because I'm tired."

Samuel wasn't too offended by being denied helping out, it happened most times when he tried to join in on Roman's cooking and was clearly for the better, he just laughed a little at Roman avoiding swearing in front of his grandmother and took note of avoiding it as well.

Soon the pancakes were done and they were smelling absolutely delicious, Samuel added some of the left over fresh berries to his, which might have been slight overkill, and also put some honey on top of it all.

"Nuh uh, you don't get to sleep, petting cows together is a very important part of every relationship," Samuel joked and pointed his fork accusingly towards Roman. He actually wanted Roman around because he knew himself well enough to know that he'd probably feel awkward since he hadn't really properly gotten to know anyone yet, and because he couldn't gush over cute cows like a little kid to Roman's uncle.

Samuel moved his fork and decided to use it for what it was meant to be used for and took a piece of his pancakes with it. Just as expected they were absolutely amazing and perfect.

"oh my God," Samuel mumbled, still food in his mouth, clearly referencing the pancakes, "This is why I love you,"

r o m a n
"So if I didn't make you pancakes you wouldn't love me?" Roman jested from across the table. Of course that wasn't the case at all. They loved each other. That was just how it was and how it always would be.

After breakfast, the two young men went upstairs to get changed. Roman advised Samuel that despite the heat, he should wear long pants and boots to protect his feet and legs while on the farm. There were many snakes, as well as other critters that could bite, and besides, the grass was pretty scratchy. Roman put on black skinny jeans, blue high tops and a white T-shirt because he didn't actually want to melt in the sun. He swapped his usual face of makeup for sunscreen, since he was indeed white as fuck, and didn't want to die.

They went back downstairs and found Uncle Patrick helping himself to some leftover pancakes in the kitchen. He wore blue jeans and a red flannel, as well as an akubra hat atop his head. Once the boys arrived, he took them out to the front of the house, where they all climbed into the cab of a dusty brown ute.

"Where to first?" Patrick asked.

Roman turned to his boyfriend. "Cows or sheepdogs?"

Samuel followed Roman's advice and put on a pair of regular jeans, a white t shirt and his running shoes because they were comfy and he suspected being on a farm meant being on your feet most of the day, which wasn't something Samuel would complain about. He also teased Roman about all the sunscreen he had to put on, while also stealing some and put a very thin layer on his own nose and on the back of his neck. He very rarely burned in the sun, put putting on some in the most exposed areas didn't hurt.

When they had gotten into the car Roman asked him the hardest question he had been asked in his life. On one hand he loved dogs more than life itself, on the other hand, you didn't get to see cows up close every day.

"The cows, please?" he said after thinking about it for longer than necessary but it was an important decision, he had been excited about the cows the day before so it was only right to go see them first.

r o m a n
"Cows it is then, please, Uncle Patrick."

Patrick obliged with a nod of his head, starting the ute and beginning to drive. The property was very large so therefore they needed a vehicle to travel to certain parts of it. After a short, three-minute drive, they reached a large paddock, where thirty or so large, clean, fluffy cows were kept. These were dairy cows, their udders swollen with milk.

"So these are the cows we use for milk and cheese and everything like that," Patrick explained as he got out of the ute. Roman got out too and helped Samuel out of the tall vehicle. "We also have a larger herd of cattle we raise for meat purposes, they're in a different paddock."

Roman doubted that Samuel wanted to see those cows, the ones who were being raised to be killed. Samuel was a lot more sensitive than Roman when it came to those kinds of things.

Roman jumped the fence after Patrick and landed in the field. "They're so cute," he said, reaching over to a white cow with brown splotches and petting it on the head.

Samuel frowned a little at the idea of some other cute cows like this being raised to be eaten. It was honestly a wonder that Samuel hadn't just completely committed to only eating vegetarian now that he didn't live at home anymore. Samuel chose to ignore all of that for now though, which wasn't too hard since assumed the cattle raised on this farm probably were very happy, just like the cows in front of them seemed to be.

He followed Roman and Patrick, carefully climbing over the fence and in amongst the cows, he made a humming agreeing sound at Roman's comment and with some hesitation he reached out and petted one of the cows on the neck, the cow turned towards him and for a moment Samuel panicked a little until he realized the cow only seemed to enjoy the pets, so he petted it on the head and it was adorable. Samuel really loved cows, they were like these huge animals but they all seemed so friendly and calm, they just spent all of their days chilling and eating grass.

"Do you make milk and cheese and all that on the farm or do you send it off somewhere else?" Samuel asked Patrick, curious to know how things worked on the farm, as he kept petting the cow, he had decided this one was his friend now.

r o m a n
"We make most of it on the property," Patrick affirmed, leaning against the fence and chewing his gum as Roman and Samuel petted the large animals. "We sell some of it to neighbouring farms but we make most of the produce here and then sell it to markets and local stores."

Roman knew all this so he just concentrated on petting his cow. The creature seemed to love it, and nudged him on the shoulder when he stopped for a moment, like a dog or a cat would. It was really very adorable.

"We also do sheep for wool and meat, and chickens for eggs and poultry, as well as turkeys and ducks," Patrick continued. "And Hillary has her bees that she keeps as well."

Another cow approached Samuel from behind and nudged him on the back, also requesting some attention.

Samuel jumped a little as he felt a nudge from the pack, he turned to see another cow craving attention and his face lit up into a bright smile because it truly was adorable and Samuel loved the fact that the cows seemed to approve of him petting them. He gave Roman an excited glance as if to say " did you see how cute that was," before he lifted his other hand to pet the other cow as well, while still making sure to continue petting the first one.

"She keeps bees? That's cool, Do you get stung a lot? And are the ducks nice? My mum always told me watch to watch out for them biting me when we fed ducks when I was little, but it might have been to stop me from touching them," Samuel rambled on, then the new cow nudged his hand a little again, reminding him to keep attention on the petting, so he focused a little more on that as he added one last question, "Oh and do you name the cows?"

As he got quiet he realized he had probably gotten a little too excited about it all and he could feel his face heat up a little, although the faint blush probably wasn't visible under his tan skin. Him being more talkative in a smaller setting wouldn't be surprising to Roman but it was quite contrasting to how he had been acting the day before at dinner. He was just very excited about the animals in general. He really loved animals.

r o m a n
Roman watched Samuel, all excited about the cows, with a huge smile on his face until he also received a second nudge from a different creature. This cow was mostly black and had a very soft-looking face. Roman happily gave it some attention too, petting it with one hand while he continued to pet the splotchy cow with his other.

Roman also smiled at how much Samuel was chattering. He knew his boyfriend was shy, and there was nothing wrong with that. It just meant that if Samuel was talkative, he felt comfortable, which Roman liked. He wanted his boyfriend to feel as comfortable as possible with his extended family.

"We don't name the cows most of the time, there are too many,"
Uncle Patrick explained, seeming fine with all the questions. "We have a couple of cows that sort of hang around the house, they're not in this pen. They're too old to make milk but we love them so we keep them as pets. Their names are Betsy and Carla. As for the bees, we don't get stung by Hillary's because they're all kept in their boxes. And the ducks are pretty nice, as long as you don't annoy them. Oh, also, we have pigs and one of them just had piglets."

Samuel listened carefully to all of Patrick's answers. He was a little disappointed all the cows didn't have name but he supposed it did make sense, all that didn't matter though because he had just been informed there were piglets. The only thing cuter than animals were baby animals.

He shot Roman another excited look about the piglets and then locked over to Patrick again to carefully ask "could we maybe see the piglets too?" All while never stopping petting the two cows.

Samuel hoped he didn't come of too weirdly excited about all of the animals, this just wasn't something he didn't get todo every day and he found it all to be incredibly cool, even if it had him acting kind of like a kid at times.

r o m a n
"Sure, we can see the piglets if you like," said Patrick with a shrug. "Maybe you can feed them too."

Roman smiled. He was glad that Patrick didn't seem to mind carting the two of them around the farm to see all of the animals. He knew that Samuel was definitely enjoying himself a lot. He also liked that his family had just immediately accepted Samuel with no problems and no questions asked. That meant a lot to Roman.

"When does Uncle Hadley get here?" Roman inquired as another cow nudged his elbow and tried to bury under his arm like a dog.

"Around midday."

"Yesss." Roman was very excited to see his cousins.

After about ten or so more minutes of petting the cute dairy cows, Roman turned to Samuel. "Do you wanna see something else now?" he inquired.

"Kay," Samuel responded to Roman, but didn't say where to yet.

Samuel gave the first cow he had bet a last couple of pets and nuzzled his face into her warm and soft neck a little. The cows were just such nice and pleasant creatures and getting to pet them had been more fun than he could have even imagined. Had he not been promised dogs and piglets he could have probably stayed there the entire day.

He pulled away a little from the cows and stopped petting them. The cows seemed to be disappointed about this and one nudged his hand with her head adorably to ask him to continue, but he had to resist, they had other animals to visit.

"Can we see the dogs now?"

r o m a n
After Roman also said goodbye to the cows, who seemed disappointed that the boys had to leave, they jumped the fence again and returned to the ute. Uncle Patrick then drove them to the sheep -- two large fields filled with at least two hundred and fifty animals, all munching on the grass. Their wool had been shaven off recently, meaning that they were quite clean and well-kept.

One of the other farm workers was using a small pack of sheepdogs to herd some sheep into a pen, so they had to wait. Once they were done, Patrick and Samuel got out of the car.

"You're not coming?" Patrick asked his nephew, confused.

"I'm afraid of dogs, remember?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry." Patrick seemed slightly embarrassed at forgetting, and instead lead Samuel over to the field, where the dogs had noticed the new visitor and so they came bounding over to meet him.

Samuel frowned a little at the fact that he wouldn't get to experience meeting all these adorable dogs with his boyfriend, but he, of course, didn't pressure him to come with or anything like that, being around that many dogs wasn't going to do him any good.

So, Samuel went alone with Patrick to the field and soon the dogs came running and they were adorable and Samuel was freaking out inwardly as he sat down to try to greet all the dogs who were excited to meet the strange new person.

He spent some time petting the dogs, giving them as much attention as he could in a short time, he had already decided he wasn't going to stay there very long so he could get back to Roman quicker. He did make the time to ask a couple of questions about sheep herding and the training the dogs for it before they headed back to the ute.

"My life is complete and I can die happy now," Samuel informed Roman jokingly as he was seated in the car again, he was really appreciative of his boyfriend having made sure he would get to see the dogs despite being afraid of them himself.

r o m a n
Roman stayed securely in the ute while Samuel met the sheepdogs. He didn't even look, knowing that the sight of so many large canines would probably send him into an anxiety attack, so instead he busied himself with his phone, sending Snapchats to his friends back in Melbourne, and to his sister, of the surroundings and countryside.

"Good. I can kill you and claim your life insurance money with a clean conscience now," said Roman, obviously joking, and shifted over to make room for Samuel and Patrick. "I'm kidding. I'm glad that you liked the doggos."

"Piglets now?"

"Piglets now!"

So Patrick drove them to a large barn and lead them inside. There were many pens, most of them containing pigs, one of them containing a goat. Patrick lead them to a large pen in the back that clearly had new hay. Inside was a big sow, of the typical pink colour, and sleeping around her were twelve little piglets.

"Oh my God I'm going to die," said Roman dramatically. "They're so cute."

They arrived at the barn with the pigs, Samuel made sure to look around in the barn as they walked through it, noticing all the full grown pigs and the goat, until they finally made it to the little piglets. And they were absolutely precious where they laid in the fresh hay close to their large mother.

In a way, Samuel was enjoying seeing these cute little piglets a lot more than he did meeting the dogs, despite loving dogs a lot more. He just loved Roman the most so being in a place where Samuel knew his boyfriend could be calm and happy was a lot better than getting to meet dogs.

"They are sleeping,"
Samuel almost whined, e whole heartedly agreed with Roman's statement of almost dying. One of the little piglets shuffled around a little in its sleep and Samuel pulled a little on Roman's sleeve and said "look," as if Roman couldn't already see it.