[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n
Roman couldn't help but notice that the last few times he had cried had been to do with Samuel. There was the time in the hospital when he hadn't wanted to get Samuel's dad in trouble, and now, when Samuel's dad had disowned him and his boyfriend was crying in his arms.

Roman also had tears streaming down his cheeks, he couldn't help it. He couldn't help but mirror his boyfriend's pain. Samuel was hurting because his dad had just cut him out of his life. Roman was hurting because Samuel was hurting.

"He didn't deserve you," Roman croaked. He pulled back and cupped his boyfriend's face in his hands and wiped the pale tears from his cheeks with his thumbs.

"Samuel Ortega, you are smart and caring and talented and beautiful and if Manuel --" he wouldn't refer to the man as Samuel's father anymore "-- couldn't love you for all of that then that's his problem and not yours, okay? He's the one missing out on you. He's the one missing out on the most amazing human being on the planet."

Roman leaned in and pecked him on the lips, softly and gently.

"I love you so much. I'll fill in that gap he left and I'll always be here for you, okay, baby?"

Seeing Roman cry as well was horrible, he never wanted Roman to feel bad enough to cry ever. And he was sure his boyfriend didn't like to see him cry either, realizing that and listening to what Roman had to say made him slowly stop crying. It didn't do much more than that though and Samuel absolutely hated that because Romans words always made him feel better, always.

He knew what Roman was saying was true that it was his dad who was in the wrong and was missing out but it still didn't feel like that. His dad hadn't cared and Samuel was the one who felt bad because of it, not him.

He was also back to being unsure about his mum, he knew she had been trying, but what if what his dad had said was true? What if she wouldn't care about him anymore now that there was no hope of his dad coming back?

At least Roman loved him, even if he was a huge crybaby that ruined everything. And Samuel loved Roman as well so maybe things could be okay, even if it wasn't right now.

"I love you too, more than anything," Samuel said quietly, gave Roman another kiss before pulling him close again and rested his head on his boyfriend's shoulder, "I don't know what I'd do without you"

r o m a n
A week and a few days had passed. Roman had spent those days taking care of Samuel in every way possible. He had spoiled and babied his boyfriend in the hope that it would make him feel better and hopefully make him forget about the disgusting piece of shit that was his father -- or sperm donor, as Roman had taken to mentally referring to him as.

Now, the Hemlocks were seated in the living room with Roman on the same couch as Samuel, Brooklyn, Ingrid and Stellan on the other couch and Evan in the corner in an armchair. London was standing in front of the TV looking like she was about to shit herself with fear. Roman was concerned. He had never seen his sister like this.

"Um ..."

"What's wrong, bubba?" Roman asked with concern.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," remarked a concerned Ingrid.

"Has something happened, baby?" Stellan asked, glancing suspiciously at Evan.

London looked as white as a sheet and also like she was going to throw up. She nervously played with her fingers as she said the words. "I'm ... I'm pregnant." They barely came out as a whisper.

Complete silence. Stellan and Ingrid looked like London had just announced she was running off to Vegas to be a stripper. Brooklyn's face was slowly going red and Roman had a murderous rage in his eyes but an otherwise calm expression.

Roman slowly turned his head to look at Evan. "For your sake," he said in a dangerously quiet and calm tone, "you'd better fucking hope she's the next Virgin Mary because I will actually fucking castrate you."

After the first couple of days, he started to feel fine again, but only when he was around Roman, hanging out with Evan or sometimes with his mum, who didn't act any differently from before. As soon as he was alone though he was back to feeling horrible again, which was why he really appreciated Roman being there for him the entire week and a couple of days after, even when he wasn't as visibly sad anymore.

So when he was sitting on the sofa next to Roman in the Hemlock family's living room he didn't feel as sad as he really was. He was, however, just like everyone else seemed to be worried about what London was about to say. When she did say it Samuel sat in complete silence, just like everyone else. He turned to look at Evan when Roman addressed him. The boy had his eyes glued to his feet and seemed almost as nervous as his girlfriend.

"I'm sorry" Evan mumbled, confirming that it was, in fact, his fault, then he looked up to his girlfriend and mumbled another apology. He didn't really even seem scared of what would happen to him now that the Hemlocks knew, which couldn't end pretty. Roman's calm voice was absolutely terrifying. He just seemed genuinely sorry. Which he should be.

"Hang on a second, are you sure, like completely sure?" Samuel looked between London and Evan, he didn't want his boyfriend to murder his friend for no reason and he was like 99 percent sure that was about to happen.

r o m a n
London sniffled and nodded, reaching into her back pocket and pulling out one of those plastic pregnancy test sticks, with the pee end wrapped in cling wrap. Her hands were shaking as she handed it to her mother. Roman leaned over Brooklyn to see that there were two little lines on the screen.

Pregnant.

Roman and Brooklyn stood up at exactly the same time and both made moves towards Evan, but Stellan, who looked angry himself, grabbed both of his sons by the collars and walked them to the far side of the room.

"Roman, stop being so dramatic, you're not castrating anyone," Stellan snapped at the younger. "Brooklyn, behave yourself."

Roman was glaring intensely at Evan even if he wasn't allowed to do anything about it. He was so angry -- his sister, his twin, knocked up at seventeen to some idiotic guy she'd known for a fucking month.

"What are you going to do with it?" Brooklyn asked London in a shaky voice.

"I'm -- I'm going to keep it!" London whined, hugging her stomach where the baby rested beneath the skin. "What the fuck else?"

"You're seventeen, Mum could take you to get an abor --"

Roman shoved Brooklyn away in disgust as London burst into tears. Ingrid stood up to wrap her distraught daughter in a hug, scowling at her older son as Stellan had to drag Roman away from Brooklyn now. Roman didn't like knowing his baby sister was pregnant but he would not tell the emotionally tormented young woman to have an abortion.

"Roman, you need to calm down," Stellan told the younger Hemlock boy.

Roman threw his dad off and went to stand beside London, who turned away from Ingrid and hid in her twin's chest. "What the fuck are you going to do about this?" Roman spat at Evan as he brushed his hand over London's hair. "You'd better fucking take responsibility for this because I will go to prison if you even think about leaving her with this fucking bullshit. I don't even care what happens to me, I am not letting my sister go through that bullshit." Roman's voice was quick and angry and shaking and terrifying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuel watched as everyone panicked in front of him, this was bad yes. And he was incredibly angry at Evan as well, but he was pretty sure Roman expressing his anger towards Evan didn't help the situation seeing as London was already crying over the suggestion of an abortion. The last thing that needed to happen right now was one of the two doing something stupid.

"yeah, Roman I really think you should-" Samuel was about to agree with his boyfriend's father but cut himself off as Evan stood up to his full height and gave Roman an angry glare. Even when standing he was far from being able to look Roman straight into his eyes without looking up seeing as Evan even was an inch or so shorter than Samuel. But he still stood his ground, probably knowing Roman's threats of violence was nothing he could actually act out.

"Of course I'm going to take responsibility for it, why do you think I'm even here?" Evan bit back, obviously not happy with Roman suggesting he would leave London to go through this alone, "I'm going to be here for her as long as she want's me to"

r o m a n
Roman listened to Evan and later, he would probably sit and think about it and realise that Evan was going to be good to London and help her through this entire scary thing. But now, he was just angry, angry because his sister's youth had been robbed, angry because she was upset and angry because this entire situation was just awful.

London sniffled. "Of course I want you here," she moaned, sounding like she was about to cry again. Roman carefully pried her off and turned to storm out of the room as London ran into Evan's arms.

As Brooklyn got into his car and drove away to get some air, Stellan and Ingrid talked to the expecting parents and London desperately clung to the father of her child, Roman made his way across the backyard and into the largest of the many sheds they had around the property. This one was the 'party' shed, it contained a television and some couches for when Roman or London had lots of friends over. It also had a drum kit in the corner, which Roman sat at and began to play.

Most people would hit something when angry but since Roman couldn't do that, he played the drums, which was an instrument that took a lot of energy to play correctly so it tended to wear him out quite a lot. He played furiously but accurately as he scowled at the wall and tried to think of what the fuck to do.

Samuel sighed and stood up when Roman left the room, it was probably good that he had left to calm down, the whole situation would have been even more of a disaster than it already was if he and Evan actually started fighting.

He gave London a gentle pat on the back and a small smile before going after his boyfriend. He did not give Evan any smiles, because he was a total dumbass. Samuel was glad he was there for London though, she at least deserved that if she was planning on going through with this.

He figured he was probably in the one shed where the drumming came from so that's where he headed over, as he opened the door and sure enough, that's where he was, angrily playing the musical instrument. Which was kind of very hot, under different circumstances Samuel would have commented on the fact. But now wasn't the time.

He rested his back against the doorframe instead, letting his boyfriend continue playing, as he didn't see a point in talking before he could actually hear him rather than the banging of the drums.

r o m a n
Roman noticed Samuel come in, of course, but didn't say anything and didn't even look at him until he had finished the twenty one pilots song he had been playing. He hit the last note, touched the cymbal to get it to stop ringing, and set the drumsticks down on a drum and pushed a hand through his sweaty brown hair.

"I don't know if you heard, but my sister is pregnant," Roman said as if this was new and interesting information. He wasn't mad at Samuel. He didn't even know who he was angry at. But he wasn't thinking clearly enough to be his usual sweet self to Samuel.

"Also, in a shocking turn of events, your best friend knocked her up!" Roman gasped as if this was shocking and stood up to walk to one of the couches and lay down on his back.

This was so tiring and Roman just rubbed his forehead with a sigh.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to say or do in this situation, except murder Brooklyn if he tries to get her to abort it again."

"I'm sorry Evan actually is dumber than I thought?" Samuel tried, calmly. He knew Roman was just frustrated over the whole thing and saw no reason in actually being mad about him feeling like it was necessary to point out that Evan was his friend, to begin with. He still made sure to put some emphasis on the fact that he really had nothing to do with it.

Samuel walked over to the sofa and rested his elbows on it's back, leaning over the edge slightly as he continued to talk.

"I get that it really wasn't the best time for Brooklyn to suggest that" Samuel began slowly, he wasn't sure what the exact things Roman was angry about were, which meant he didn't really know what he could say without getting the anger actually directed at him, "but if they actually get some time to think over the options, that might not be the worst idea, so don't be too mad at him"

He looked at his boyfriend carefully as he waited for him to react to his opinion. Going through with having a baby was a lot, and Evan and London were as old as them which meant they really weren't ready for doing that kind of thing.

r o m a n
Roman sat bolt upright and glared at Samuel for the first time in forever. "If London wants to have an abortion then London can do whatever she wants, it's London's choice," he said coldly, resenting the idea of anyone making his sister do anything she didn't want to do. "And if London decides to keep it, Evan better step up to the fucking plate."

Roman stood up and paced irritably -- he couldn't sit still. He was panicked for his sister and her baby. He was angry at Brooklyn and Evan and even Samuel a little bit but he didn't know why.

"How fucking stupid can someone be?" he said to Samuel without looking at him. "Did Evan not do Year Seven sex ed? Did he not learn about condoms and how they cost fuck all? We --" he frantically gestured between himself and Samuel "-- are fucking gay and we use condoms, this is actual fucking bullshit."

Samuel frowned at Romans glare, apparently it was no the right thing to say. Even if it was just to get across that it was an okay option, which Roman clearly knew by the sound of it

"Look it is obviously the most stupid thing I have ever heard him do" Samuel agreed "And I am angry at him too, but, I'm not about to be mad at him in front of your sister when she needs him."

He was definitely going to spend a good amount of time telling Evan he was the dumbest person he knew and that he specifically told him not to mess this up. Later. When they hadn't just found and out and still were figuring out what to do. He just felt like Roman being angry, which he did have somewhat of a right to be, had a possibility make things worse.

"I think the rest of us should calm down, like, wouldn't it be bad if she ends up feeling like she doesn't have the choice because someone can't keep themselves from getting angry at the suggestion of her getting an abortion" Samuel said, even though it probably would be better to wait Romans anger out before trying to say something like that, especially since he really had made an effort to leave the house rather than to stay and be angry in there, "Or what if she realizes she doesn't want to do this with Evan, but since someone couldn't stop threatening him, he suddenly has to be there"

r o m a n
Roman stopped pacing and his head snapped up to look at Samuel with a hint of disbelief in his eyes. Disbelief that turned into irritation and then returned to the previous anger it had held. He wasn't angry at Samuel, but at what he had insinuated. That he would be responsible if anything bad happened.

"You don't have a sister," he said. He wasn't yelling, or snapping, or snarling, or anything insidious or mean. He was just whispering in the most calm tone ever heard on a human being.

"You don't have a sister who has been hit, and whose pictures have been leaked, and who was nearly taken advantage of at a party," he continued. "You don't have a twin sister who you grew up with and is now pregnant at age seventeen because her dumbass boyfriend forgot what contraception was."

Roman with his shaking his hands walked around the couch and passed Samuel as he made his way to the door. "So don't you fucking dare come at me and try and act like you know what you're talking about, Samuel, because you don't."

He hadn't even been angry at Roman, he just didn't want him to act unreasonably or say something dumb because he was upset. But now Roman was angry at him and he wasn't sure he could take that right now. And Samuel really didn't want to use the fact that he still really wasn't okay as a way to get him to not be angry. That would be manipulative and dumb.

So he opted for being irritated instead, because it felt easier.

"I'm going home" Samuel muttered and pushed past Roman out of the shed, deciding to just leave through the yard right away, "Say bye to London for me"

Samuel added the last part to point out that it wasn't about him being angry but about London one last time, which was hypocritical since now he did it. He also knew Roman was kind of right though, he didn't know, Roman was her twin and he knew her better and she knew how he acted. He figured leaving most likely was for the better.

r o m a n
"London, where are we going?"

"It's a secret."

"This is fucking dumb. Are you in labour? If not, I'm going back to the theatre."

"I'm not even showing yet, you dumbass. Come on, this is important."

Roman sighed. This weekend had been hard. He hadn't spoken to Samuel at all, not after their stupid fight on Friday night, and had instead spent the weekend trying to figure shit out about London's pregnancy. His mother, after recovering from the initial shock, was excited to be having a grandbaby soon. His father was still angry at Evan but just wanted happiness for his little girl. Brooklyn went home to Melbourne so they didn't know what he thought.

Roman just wanted his sister to be safe and happy and loved. She was definitely loved -- Evan seemed to be staying in the picture. She was happy, too, since her maternal instincts had kicked in and she was already picking out names in her head. And safe ... well, Roman was going to take care of that.

They rounded a corner to find a space behind the back storage sheds of the school. Evan stood there, with Samuel. Roman stopped and turned around.

"Nope."

London rolled her eyes and pulled him back, shoving him into the little space and making him sit down. "We are not leaving until you two figure your sit out."

When Samuel had gotten home he went up to his room and spent the evening glaring at the ceiling, refusing to be anything but irritated because then he'd go back to feeling sad. After his mum told him she his behavior worrisome Samuel decided to pick a random book to read from his shelf as an excuse to not to get out of bed for the rest of the weekend. It ended up being a welcomed excuse to shut things out for a while, but shutting things out also meant his feelings didn't progress much from the irritation he had felt that Friday.

He had dreaded Monday, because he didn't want to still be in a fight with Roman, but at the same time, he felt to stubborn to apologize. After a pretty shitty day of not being with his boyfriend, around time for soccer practice Evan just grabbed his arm and dragged him out behind a storage shed with no explanation. When Samuel demanded one he told him to "shut the fuck up" and that he would thank him later.

He wouldn't, instead, he gave him an angry glare when London came with Roman. He had done such a good job avoiding him and now they were ruining it.

"You suck" Samuel informed Evan as he gestured for him to sit down as well. He did, but he wasn't going to say anything, he didn't know what to say since he didn't really have a good excuse to still be mad.

r o m a n
Roman sat against the wall of the shed, across from Samuel, who sat against the fence. London sat beside her brother and across from her boyfriend. Roman was staring at the sky and lot looking at anyone.

"What the fuck do you want me to say, London?" Roman addressed his sister.

"I want you to sort your shit out with Samuel."

"Why --"

"Because you two have been through so much bullshit -- he's seen you nearly die twice, you've helped him come out of the closet, you fucking went to court with him. You need to sort this shit out because you're not going to let all that mean nothing, Roman."

Roman knew she was right. After they had been through so much together, it would be ludicrous to let some stupid little fight get between them. Not when they loved each other so much.

He finally looked at Samuel. "I'm sorry for taking my shit out on you," he mumbled, before turning his gaze to Evan. "I'm still not apologising to you, though." After the events of the weekend Evan knew Roman wasn't going to kill him unless he left London, but still.

Samuel nodded at Romans apology and almost laughed slightly at his turn to Evan, who seemed amused by it to now that the setting wasn't as dramatic as before.

"I'm not expecting you to," Evan said with a light chuckle, he was leaning towards the fence next to Samuel. He was also turning his gaze to his friend, waiting for him to stop being dumb and apologize as well.

Samuel knew he had only used the anger as an excuse, to begin with, so there was no point in sticking to it. And if they made up now he wouldn't even need that as an excuse because he could go back to being with Roman as much as possible to avoid being left alone with his thoughts.

And London was right, it was really stupid to fight about this after all they had gone through so far.

"I knew you were upset, I knew I was just making things worse, sorry" Samuel shrugged, glancing at Roman, he wasn't exactly certain what exact reasons his boyfriend had been angry at him for, but he was going to apologize for what he really did feel bad for at least, "And I guess you were right in that I didn't know, so I'm sorry for acting like I did"

r o m a n
Roman gave a soft, timid-looking smile. They had just made up and he didn't want to fuck it up again. "I'm sorry for being a little bitch," he said, leaning forward and tugging Samuel by the shirt sleeve. "Come here."

London smiled victoriously and stood up so Samuel could take her place, then moved to sit beside Evan and curl up into his chest. She was only about one month pregnant so she wasn't showing whatsoever, but Roman couldn't forget about his little niece or nephew laying beneath the skin.

He draped an arm around Samuel's shoulder and pulled him close to his chest before planting a kiss to the side of the head. "Evan and London say I'm godfather so fuck you," he joked.

"Hey, we're not even religious and I don't even know if we want godparents."

"Fuck off. I need a title."

"You're my twin brother, you're like, eight points higher on the uncle ladder than Brooklyn."

"When are you due again?"

"December."

"Thank fuck we graduate in November then."

Samuel gladly moved places to sit with his boyfriend, who he realized he had missed a lot after only two days of not talking. Next time he would apologize right away, it really wasn't worth the trouble fighting and avoiding each other.

"What are you doing after you graduate, though?" Samuel wasn't sure if that was something they had thought about, but he was still wondering, "'cus I know Evan's not going to study?"

Samuel gave Evan a questioning glance in case he had changed his mind about that, but with the recent turn of events that was probably how things would turn out anyways.

"Yeah, I'm going to see if I can find someplace to work" Evan shrugged and wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, who Samuel didn't actually know what she had planned to do even before she got pregnant.