[Samuel x Roman]

e d e n
"Papa can I go inside now?" Eden yelled out to his Papa who was doing stuff in the green house. He was laying in the grass, looking up at the clouds while doing nothing but listening to Harper kicking his soccer ball around the yard.

"Edie we've only been outside for twenty minutes, give it at least an hour, try to find something to do instead" his Papa yelled back to him. Forty minutes was a long time. Eden knew it was forty because he was good at math and he knew that one hour was sixty minutes and the rest of the time was sixty minus twenty minutes and you could think away the zeros so it was six minus two and six minus two was four so it was forty minutes left.

Eden sighed but didn't whine about it for now. He was big now and big boys didn't whine as much as little ones. He was eight, his and Stella's birthday had been just a couple of days ago. Sometimes he wished he wasn't born in the summer because in the summer you always had to go out and play and sometimes he didn't like doing that. But this birthday had been pretty nice and they had had a lot of fun and put on the sprinklers and ran through the water and he had gotten a new cute plush rabbit from his daddies that he loved a lot.

He didn't like today very much though. He had started to play with his toys instead of going down for breakfast right away and Papa had been a little annoyed because he liked it when they ate together. Then he had taken kind of long to eat and Stella had wanted to leave the table to play, but they had a rule that you couldn't leave before everyone had finished eating and Daddy had made egg and bacon and he didn't like either of those so he couldn't eat it any faster. And then Papa had announced that they should all go outside because the weather was nice and it was but Eden didn't always know what to do outside. Daddy had brought out crayons and was drawing in the shade with Stella and Letha. Eden had tried to do that too, but he made one picture then he got kind of bored. So Papa had asked him if he wanted to help in the garden but he hadn't felt like doing it. Eden usually liked to do that a lot because the tasks Papa gave him were fun and he liked helping and sometimes they would find cute little caterpillars or worms. Maybe he could try to find some of those? But Harper didn't like them and he was out playing and he didn't want to make his brother upset because he didn't like it when he made Harper upset because Harper was almost always nice to him.

So he just had to settle for watching the clouds for another forty minutes.

h a r p e r
Harper, unlike his little brother, always loved being outside. Sure, he liked watching movies and playing games and doing other things indoors as well, but he wasn't allowed to play soccer indoors and soccer was his favourite thing in the whole wide world. That was why he was kicking his ball into the goal, then running and getting it and then kicking more goals. He needed to practice if he was going to help his team win the game next week.

He heard the conversation between Eden and Papa and immediately decided that he would try and involve Eden in his game. He always did that at school — if someone was sitting by themselves he would offer them to join in and quite often he would end up with a new friend. So why couldn't he do it with his little brother? Besides, it would be nice to have someone to play soccer with when Papa was busy.

Harper dribbled his ball over to where Eden was laying and gently nudged it into Eden's side.
"Edie, you should come play soccer with me, I can teach you how to kick a goal and we can play and it'll be super fun."

e d e n

Eden flinched a little, he had closed his eyes and hadn't been prepared for something to nudge him. He opened his eyes to find Harper standing next to him. He sat up and listened to what his brother had to say but frowned when he heard his suggestion. Soccer.

Harper loved soccer, and Papa loved soccer. Stella thought soccer was okay because she liked to run, Letha was too young to play good and Eden wasn't sure what his Daddy thought about soccer. He would always watch when Harper had a game but he wouldn't always watch with Papa and Harper when a game was on the telly.

Eden did not like soccer. He couldn't ever remember the rules and once they played it in school and fell when he tried to kick the ball and some kids had laughed at him but it had actually really hurt, but Stella had glared at them and they had gone quiet. Stella was always protective of him which was nice, but sometimes embarrassing because it wasn't like he was that much younger than her since they were twins.

Eden looked at his older brother for a couple of seconds and then said, "I don't want to play soccer, I don't think it's fun"

h a r p e r
Harper frowned at Eden's response. He didn't understand how someone couldn't like soccer. It was the most fun game in the world, and it was exhilirating and Harper was very good at it so he liked the compliments it earned him. To him, soccer was one of the best things on the planet.

But he knew other people didn't like soccer. He didn't understand why, but he knew that was the case, because he had been raised to know that everyone was entitled to their opinion and that he had no right to change the opinions of others. But still, he didn't understand why Eden couldn't just kick the ball around with him for a little while.

"But, Edie, I watched that stupid movie about the dogs with you the other day, even though I didn't like it, because you wanted to, and you're bored so why won't you play soccer for a while?" Harper whined. "Come on, I do things I don't think are fun all the time because you want to do them! And all my friends play soccer with their brothers and sisters! I'm the only one who doesn't have anyone to play with at home, except for Papa but he's busy. So can't you just kick a few goals?"

e d e n

Eden stubbornly crossed his arms and glared at Harper. Why didn't he get that he just didn't want to play? It didn't matter that Harper sometimes did things he didn't want to do. And it annoyed him a lot that Harper was implying that he didn't do things he didn't like doing, just this morning he had eaten all of his stupid eggs and bacon and he was even outside right now even though he didn't want to so it wasn't fair at all Harper was saying that.

And it wasn't nice to call the movie they had watched stupid. Eden really liked that movie a lot and he wanted to watch it with Harper because he wanted his brother to see it and it made him sad and angry that he would said that. Eden absolutely hated feeling angry, it was the worst feeling ever. It always bubbled up within him and it was like he completely forgot about all other things because it was the only thing he could feel. And he could feel a little of it now and it made him clench his fists really hard as he tried to stop it.

"I do things I don't think are fun either but I don't want to play soccer," Eden said angrily, but not very loudly, it was more of a growl than anything, "soccer is stupid, you just kick a ball, at least the doggies were cute and funny, they weren't stupid at all"

h a r p e r
"SOCCER IS NOT STUPID!" Harper shouted angrily. He kicked the ball away in frustration and glowered down at his little brother with his fists clenched and his hands shaking. How dare Eden say such a thing? How dare he insult something that he knew meant the absolute world to Harper? That was just cruel and mean and horrible and Harper was so angry he felt like he was going to —

"Hey, why are you yelling?" came a worried voice from behind them. Harper whirled around and craned his head back to see their daddy standing there, as tall as a tree, looking down at them with a concerned expression on his face.

"Edie called soccer stupid!" Harper said furiously as Daddy crouched down so they could see him properly. "And he won't play with me!"

"Sweetie, Edie doesn't have to play soccer if he doesn't want to."

"Why not? I have to watch his stupid movies and listen to his stupid music and play his stupid games all the time, why can't he just play soccer with me for once?" Harper didn't really think all the things Eden liked were stupid, but he was really angry so he said that without hesitation. "I just want to play with him, but he won't play with me, Daddy."

e d e n

Eden felt a little shocked to see Harper so angry at him, but it also made him more angry as well. He just didn't want to play and Harper was turning this into an uncomfortable situation and Eden hated feeling uncomfortable. Also Harper just got mad because he called soccer stupid but Harper had called his movie stupid.

Eden felt a little relieved when Daddy came to tell Harper that he didn't have to play. But Harper just kept being really mean and called all of the things Eden liked stupid. It made the anger bubble up even more and he could practically feel it in every part in his body, like electricity that just wanted out. He flew up on his feet and started yelling, tears we're now coming down his face, which wasn't always a thing when he became angry but he was sad too this time,"YOU STARTED IT YOU STARTED IT! AND YOU CALLED MY MOVIE STUPID FIRST BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY! YOU'RE BEING MEAN AND--" before either of their dads could react he gave Harper a fairly hard shove, "--I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU AND YOU'RE THE WORST AND I--"

"Eden!" His papa's voice interrupted him loudly and firmly, Eden hadn't even noticed he got there but now he was holding him back to prevent him from doing anything else. Eden stopped yelling but let out a big sob and buried his face in his hands. Now everyone was going to be mad at him for getting angry when Harper was the one who started it and they weren't going to let him have his toys or games or music. Harper had called all of those things stupid but they weren't and Eden didn't like when they were taken from him, he understood why his dads did it but he didn't like it and he didn't want them to take them now because he had gone outside and he hadn't whined and today was already a really really bad day.

h a r p e r
Harper's eyes widened a little when Eden began to yell, and shoved him hard. He guessed he should have expected that but he really hadn't. He just didn't see why Eden couldn't suck it up and play soccer for a little while when everyone went out of their way to make sure Eden was having a good time.

"Harper, apologise to Eden," Daddy said in a tone that suggested he would be very angry if he didn't.

"But Daddy —"

"Harper, do what you're told."

Harper scowled at his daddy and turned to face his brother. "I'm sorry I just wanted to show you something I love but you don't care," he said, and his voice broke. Then he turned around and ran away, up the stairs and into his bedroom, where he threw himself onto his bed and began to cry loudly into his pillow.

e d e n

"Harper,"
Papa called out in an attempt to get Harper back. Eden felt really bad because now Harper seemed sad and he really really didn't like making Harper or anyone upset, even when they had been mean to him, it made his heart hurt.

Papa sighed and crouched down next to him, "Eden you can't shove people when you're mad okay?" Eden pushed out an angry sob in response, he had heard his daddies say that a million times, they knew he knew that, but he always forgot when he got mad so it didn't matter. But his Papa wasn't having that, "okay?"

"Okay...Am I in trouble?" Eden sniffled.

"A little,"
his papa said but he didn't sound very angry, "But if you're telling the truth then Harper started it. It still wasn't right of you to shove him and you know that so you have to apologize to him, okay? But as long as you can sort things through you're not in trouble," Eden nodded but still didn't feel entirely sure about it all because he wasn't sure how to sort it through but he didn't want to be in trouble either, "Tell us what happened?"

"Harper wanted to play soccer with me and I just told him I didn't want to because I don't think it's fun," Eden said cautiously, he knew his Papa loved soccer, and he didn't want to hurt him like how he hurt Harper, "But then Harper got mad cus I said that and he called the movie we watched with the doggies that i liked stupid, but I never called soccer stupid until after and then I got sad and angry because he said mean things about the stuff I like, but I didn't mean to shove him,"

Papa exchanged a look with Daddy, they did that a lot when they wanted to say things but couldn't because the he or his siblings were there, "Well okay. I think it seems like Harper got sad because he really loves soccer and wanted to share that with you because he loves you? Like how you got sad when he called the things you like stupid, does that make sense?"

Eden nodded slowly, "do you think you can talk to Harper without getting mad again?" Eden shrugged but then he nodded. He felt really bad for making Harper feel like he didn't care. He cared a lot about his brother, and he wanted to say he was sorry. Papa smiled and allowed him to go inside and to Harper's room. He knocked on the door and the carefully opened it, and in his usual soft tone he said, "Can I come in and talk with you, please?"

h a r p e r
Harper wasn't a big crier. It took a lot for him to shed a tear, much less collapse in sobs like these ones. But fighting with his brother was enough to cause him to do that. He didn't like fighting with Edie or any of his other siblings — he loved them all a lot and loved to play with them and have fun. And he knew that occasional bickering was inescapable.

But that didn't make it hurt any less.

When Eden's soft little voice came from the doorway, Harper sat up, sniffled a few times and looked over at his brother. He was still glaring a tiny little bit but his angry expression was softened by his sadness. He almost wanted to tell Eden no and kick him out, but ... he did want to resolve this problem, even if he was furious.

"Yeah." Harper sniffled again and shifted over so Eden could sit on one side of the bed. He wrapped his arms around his knees and hid the bottom half of his face as he watched his brother join him. Once he was seated, he said, "You didn't have to say soccer was stupid."

s a m u e l

Eden carefully sat down next to Harper. It was weird to see him so sad because Harper was always happy or responsible and if anything Eden would usually be comforted by him when they were sitting in bed like this.

The way Harper phrased it made Eden a little angry again, it was always hard for him to stop being angry but he always felt really bad afterwards so he managed to hold back a little, "But I didn't!" Eden insisted but then realised he did and corrected himself, "Well I did but I didn't at first. I just said I didn't think it's fun because I don't and I didn't wanna play right now,"

Really maybe if Eden hadn't had such a bad day already he would have played a little to make Harper happy. But he had already done loads of stuff he didn't want to do.

"But then you said my movie was stupid and it made me really sad and angry, so I said soccer was stupid. But I think that's kind of mean so I'm sorry I did that I don't think soccer is stupid I just don't get it,"

h a r p e r
"... I ... I'm sorry for saying your stuff is stupid as well." It took a lot for Harper to say that. He almost always felt the need to win his arguments, but this was an exception, because this was Eden, his little brother. He loved Eden with all of his heart and hated it when he was arguing with him.

"I don't really think your movies and music and toys are stupid, I try to like them as much as I can because you like them. But sometimes it feels like you don't try to like soccer or anything else I like."

Harper knew he and Eden were never going to have the same kind of brotherly relationship others had, and that was simply because they had vastly different interests, and because Eden was much closer to Stella. But he wished he could play with Eden the way his friends played with their brothers. He wished he could go outside and kick a ball or play wrestle or play some video games or anything like that. But he couldn't. Eden was different.

Yet, Harper didn't hate Eden for those differences. He loved him for them. He loved every inch of Eden and everything that made him who he was. He just wished they got along better sometimes.

Harper turned to Edie and gave him a gentle hug.
"I love you, Edie, I'm sorry for being mean."

e d e n

Eden felt very relieved to hear his brother's apology as well and suddenly it was a lot easier to let go of his anger and he hugged Harper back when he hugged him. He loved his big brother's hugs a lot. They were always very comforting, almost like Daddy or Papa's but not really.

"I'm sorry too and I love you too," Eden said softly, "I really didn't meant to make you feel like I don't try to like the stuff you like, maybe I don't... I dunno... But I can try to try harder from now on,"

He would, he didn't like that he had made Harper upset and he knew how happy it made him when Harper watched movies with him or listened to his music or played with his teddies with him so maybe if he tried to do the same with the things Harper liked he could make Harper that happy as well.

"Maybe we can try to play soccer sometime, I just didn't really want to today cus it's warm and I wasn't feeling super good,"
Eden couldn't really say he was looking forward to playing soccer, but he could look forward to making Harper happy, "But maybe it could be fun to try it when I play with you or something?"

h a r p e r
"Well, I'd love it if you tried to play with me one day but you don't have to if you don't want to."

That was something Harper had taken away from this argument. He couldn't force Eden, or anyone else, to do things they didn't want to do. It was just mean and cruel and caused people to argue and Harper didn't like it when people argued, it wasn't fun at all. So he wouldn't try to force Edie to play with him ever again.

Harper gave Eden a small kiss to the cheek before pulling out of the hug.
"Okay, I'm probably in trouble so I should go to my room, but I'll see you when I get out, I love you a lot."

And so Harper went to his room, where his Daddy came in and took away some of his toys and told him he had to stay in here for an hour because he was in trouble. Harper was a little bored for that hour but he chose to spend it making an apology card for his little brother, and when he got out and gave it to him, he didn't really mind that he had lost that hour. All he could think about was how happy he was he had patched things up with Eden.

s am u e l​

It was an absolutely fantastic Sunday afternoon and the Hemlock-Ortegas had decided to take a little trip to the park, because both Gabi and Cameron had time they had also decided to join them, bringing along bot Emma-Marie and Joanna-Miles. Samuel had also brought along Lily and Poppy so they would get some nice afternoon sun on them as well.

Samuel was currently sitting next to his husband on the blanket they had brought, snacking on the various things they had brought, there were some fruits, some carrots and some less healthy alternatives that they would get to enjoy after the healthier stuff. The same rules applied to Roman, but Samuel didn't think he would complain too much because he was actually being very sweet by cutting the leaves off some strawberries that he either gave to or just straight up fed Roman with.

Occasionally, he'd give one to Eden who was laying cuddled up with Lily on the blanket, headphones over his ears just kind of relaxing in the sun. Sometimes having fun didn't seem to be Eden's top priority, instead, it was just feeling good and relaxed and Samuel could definitely respect that. Stella, however, seemed to have made fun her top priority that day and was running around with Letha and Joanna-Miles playing catch with poppy duty fully running around their legs, despite being kind of old at this point. The two oldest kids were being a little calmer but still active as they were passing the soccer ball between them.

"Stella! Be careful, Jojo is still little!" Samuel called out to his older daughter as she pulled the four and a half year old's arm to help her not get caught by Letha. He called it in Spanish, the kids spoke the language just about as well as they spoke English and sometimes he just kind of naturally fell into the language when hanging out with Gabi, especially since Roman had gotten to a point where he could follow conversations in it as well.

"Nah don't worry, Jojo is tough! Don't underestimate my genes, you wimp," Gabi laughed, also in Spanish. She was leaning against Cameron's chest as they watched the children play.

"I'm not, that's my point," Samuel teased.

"Wow, what I'm offended! Cameron, please defend my honour and my fantastic genes,"

r o m a n
"Samuel, Gabi has stellar genes, our daughter is basically bulletproof."

"Have you tested that theory?"

"No because we're not fucking Americans who have handguns in their bedside tables, Roman."

Roman chuckled and pushed his sunglasses up his nose. He was very happy to have the day to just relax with his family and friends — work had been a bit hectic that week, as he had had two major pieces to complete on two different clients that had taken several days each. But it had been fun and he absolutely loved his career. Still, it was nice to have a break.

For quite a few years now Roman had been able to speak Spanish almost perfectly. He still stumbled over a few words occasionally and it took him a minute to translate things in his head sometimes, but he was able to engage in conversations with the others and speak to his children in the beautiful language. He loved it, because it connected him with his family even more.

"Emmie, please keep your hat on," Cameron called to his daughter. He had switched to Arabic, which he had told Roman he had learned when he had met and fallen in love with Kebi, since her entire family spoke it. It had obviously been a lot easier for him to learn Arabic than it had been for Roman to learn Spanish, so he spoke it with his elder daughter fluently and honestly, it could have been his first language. "You don't want to get a sunburn, you remember what it was like last time and you didn't like it at all, so —"

"Excuse me," said an angry voice from a little way behind them, "can you please speak fucking English?"

They turned around to see another couple, sitting on a blanket a little way away from them. They were a straight couple with two young boys and all of them were white. The father, who had spoken, had a scrubby brown beard and greasy brown hair hidden under a dusty old Collingwood cap, emblazoned with the logo of his favourite football team. He wore a dirty grey singlet and grey cargo shorts and his feet had been stuffed into thongs. The mother of the boys was very thin and wore a camisole and pyjama shorts, with her purple-red hair scraped into a messy bun and a scowl creasing her face. Both the boys had shaved heads with rattails and were passing a football between them, not engaged in the adults' conversation.

"I'm sorry?" Cameron asked them angrily. Roman frowned a little, because when he spoke he did so with a perfect Australian accent, but he quickly realised he did that for a reason, and that reason was to fuck with the other couple.

"Don't play dumb, you're all fuckin' speaking those terrorist languages, this is Australia, we speak English here, you can go back to where you fuckin' came from if you're going to talk that shit."

s a m u e l

If there was one thing Samuel hadn't expected that day it was racism, because that is what suddenly was being spewed at them. Suddenly the family on the other blanket had gained their entire family's attention. Stella had stopped running around and now held the two younger girls' hands protectively. Emmie had taken Harper's hand and was standing behind him with a deep look of worry on her face. And Eden had cautiously taken off his headphones to listen to the conversation. Samuel wished he hadn't though, he knew he couldn't protect the kids from the harshness of the world forever but it didn't feel right that such young children should have to experience racism like this. Not that Samuel hadn't ever experienced it at that age, but still.

"Terrorist languages?"
Gabi questioned. She was sitting up straight now and her voice was angry, albeit a little cautious, you never knew what would happen in this type of situation, and before she continued to speak she threw both Jojo and Emmie some hesitant looks, seemingly debating on whether or not she should gather them with her on the blanket or if it was better to let them stay at a safe distance. She ended up not saying anything but Emmie seemed to catch it and urged to younger girls to come stand with her and Harper at least, "You can't just stereotype Arabic into a terrorist language and since when is Spanish even on any level considered that? Or are you just too uneducated to know what Spanish sounds like? "

The mother of the other family just kept her very sour expression, "Who cares what it is, it's not English and that's what we speak here, go back to your countries if you don't want to speak so people can understand,"

Samuel really wished he could help defend himself in this scenario but confrontation had never been his strong suit and this all was making him kind of nervous. He had scooted a little closer to Roman, murmuring "this is freaking me out," in Spanish so the other people wouldn't understand, he just needed to alert his husband that if this got too heated he would maybe have to leave. Upon hearing Samuel's words Eden had gotten seated ad sweetly grabbed his Papa's hand, which did make him feel a little better.

r o m a n
Roman was absolutely appalled. He had never experienced anything like this and he knew that that was due to the fact that he was white and almost always spoke English when in public. He had experienced a lot of other types of discrimination but never racism such as this. He opened his mouth to say something but Cameron silenced him with a 'shush' and a wave of his hand. Roman was very confused but he didn't protest since Cameron seemed to have an idea of what he was doing, so he focused on comforting his husband by pulling him close and protectively holding him to his chest.

He glanced over at the kids to see that Harper was standing in front of the girls protectively, glaring at the parents of the other family. Roman was proud of him but at the same time, he didn't want him to do anything reckless so he hoped he stayed put.

"You're completely out of line, you know," Cameron said in a calm but cold tone. He was still maintaining this false Australian accent.

"No we're not! This is our fucking country and the bullshit government seems to have decided to let anyone and everyone in so we're being overrun!"

"Okay sure, you can have your uneducated opinion that just shows you didn't graduate from Year 9 but maybe keep it to yourself, because it's infecting the IQ of everyone around you."

The man gave Cameron a furious look, then eyed his arm around Gabi and scoffed. "Well I don't know what I expected, you seem to be the only good Aussie bloke here but you've settled for some fucking immigrant so you clearly don't give a shit about your country."

Cameron's eyes flashed dangerously, and when he spoke next it was in his normal voice — meaning, his thick British, accent. "Well, fun fact, I'm the only immigrant here," he snapped, and the man's eyes widened. Cameron laughed. "Yeah. I moved here from England when I was a kid, and literally everyone else here was born in this country so if anything she's settled for me. But I suppose you learning this doesn't change your opinion, because I'm white, and that's what you racist cunts want, right? You just want white people? So the problem isn't that this country is being overridden by immigrants, it's that people of colour are moving here and you're so uneducated that scares you."

s a m u e l

"We're not uneducated, you're the one that's uneducated on the subject if you don't realise there's a difference coming from a civilized, modern, western country," The mother defended them after a moment of baffled silence. She had clearly not expected Cameron to be from anywhere but Australia, or the people who weren't white to be from there. It completely ruined the narrative they were trying to hide their racism behind, but they still seemed determined to continue.

"they," she gestured vaguely towards Gabi, Samuel, then the kids, meaning Emmie and Jojo, which just proved the racist statement even more because she didn't even seem to realise Stella and Eden also had roots with immigrants, immigrants they probably wouldn't approve of on top of that, "Are from a completely different culture, they are the ones ruining this country" she seemed to now be completely ignoring the fact the 'they' were all born there.

At this point the kids had started to approach them after keeping a safe distance, apparently it was getting to a point where they were too scared to stand alone, even if it meant getting closer to the people causing the fear. Emmie took Jojo's hand and sat down with Cameron and Gabi, and the Hemlock- Ortega kids huddled up close on their blanket with Lily, poppy and their parents.

"Okay you don't even know where any off us is from so you can't even claim that we are from cultures that are 'too different' from Australia anyways, which is completely dumb to begin with and is only an excuse for you to cling to racist and outdated views that frankly a majority of our society disagrees with." Gabi said angrily after pulling Jojo into her lap and taking Emmie's hand.

r o m a n
Roman pulled the girls into his lap when they came over. He would have much rather they stay a safe distance away where they were out of the line of fire, but they had come over so he wasn't going to send them back. He realised that Cameron had shushed him because he had wanted to fool the others into believing he was the only non-immigrant there, to throw it in their faces. So he seemed to have a grasp on how to deal with the situation, therefore Roman decided to remain quiet.

"It doesn't matter, you're still here speaking your ugly languages in public where you could be saying anything you please, you're still here taking job opportunities away from real Australians, you're still here fucking up this nation."

The father looked at Emma-Marie and Joanna-Miles, and then up at Cameron with a sneer. "You're a Pom, your people had the right idea, but here you are running around with filth and learning their languages so you're just as bad as them. So why don't you take your fucking half-breeds and go back to England so you can ruin things over there?"

"What the fuck did you just call my children?" There was no way to hide the absolute fury in Cameron's voice. He was glaring at the man with pure rage in his eyes, a protective arm around Emma-Marie's waist. Even Roman was furious and was glaring at the prejudiced fucker. What the hell gave him the right to call innocent children such disgusting names?

The man didn't even get the chance to respond before Cameron lost his shit.
"How fucking dare you?! What, just because they're mixed you equate them to being like a blended breed of dog? They are human, which is more than I can say for you, you absolute imbecile. And as for calling them filth, you act so high and mighty because you're white but my daughter is Egyptian, she descends from one of the most intelligent and advanced races of people in the entire world who were creating the pyramids and art and writing, and making the first steps in science and astronomy, while your people were still living in caves."

Cameron brushed a hand over Emma-Marie's gorgeous head of curly hair and kissed her on the top of the head before looking back up at the racist man. "And I know you're an idiot, but you do realise that by your own logic you don't belong here either, right? The only reason you're here is because white people settled in Sydney in 1778 and then killed off hundreds and thousands of Aboriginal Australians, which is the oldest surviving culture in the whole world. So if anyone has fucked up this county it's us, white people, and you can't escape that. So kindly apologise to my beautiful perfect children and then take your wife and your likely inbred kids somewhere else."