[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
The room was large, and somewhat fancy, which was good because Roman liked nice things. They had a king-sized bed that Roman could stretch his long legs over, a small living room with a big TV and a door to a bathroom that Roman was sure was just as nice as the rest of the sweet.

But it didn't matter how nice the room was in that moment, because Roman's husband was definitely a lot nicer.

"Well, I mean, we could look around, but you're honestly a lot more interesting than any hotel room," Roman murmured against his husband's lips, before leading them both over to the large bed and falling onto his back so Samuel hovered on top.

When Roman woke up the next morning, he experienced momentary confusion because these weren't his sheets and his feet were dangling off the edge of what was definitely not his bed. But Roman soon realised that it was okay because he and Samuel were on their honeymoon in Barcelona. They were married now. Samuel was his husband.

Roman found that he was tangled up in his husband's arms, which he certainly wasn't going to complain about. He pushed some of the dampish curls away from Samuel's face and covered his cheeks, forehead, nose and lips in soft, feathery kisses in order to wake him up. "Hey. Mr Hemlock-Ortega. Wake up."

Samuel wasn't sure he had ever felt more at peace waking up in Roman's arms knowing he was now his husband. Roman's soft kisses felt absolutely amazing and left his face tingling even after they had moved on to a new place. He slowly fluttered his eyes open and was met with Roman's handsome features, "You have successfully woken me up, Mr Hemlock-Ortega," Samuel would never get sick of referring to Roman by that name, he had done it the day before and he was going to do it now, the morning after a very nice evening with his husband.

He let out a cute little cross between a moan and a yawn as he arched his back to stretch it out a little before just settling back into laying there with Roman, but now that he was awake he could also reciprocate all those sweet kisses Roman had just given him, so he did so. He cupped Roman's faces and placed a myriad of little kisses on his pale cheeks and nose and forehead and so on, before finally placing his lips on Roman's mouth.

"God, I love you so much," Samuel murmured and kissed Roman's lips again, the lips of his gorgeous perfect and amazing husband, "Can't we just stay in bed like this all day?" he was honestly half-joking, the idea of just loitering around the hotel room, doing nothing but cuddle and make out sounded incredibly nice, but he also wanted to make the most of their trip to Barcelona, and they wouldn't be doing that shut inside all day.

r o m a n
Samuel looked so gorgeous, having just woken up, with his hair in disarray and his voice still thick with sleep. Roman also could have died at the adorable noise he made when he stretched. Clearly, being married to the man beside him had not changed his perception of him at all. Samuel was still the lovely, gorgeous, too-cute-to-be-real cinnamon roll that he had always been in Roman's eyes.

"I love you too," Roman told his husband, his voice still husky from sleep. He gave his husband yet another kiss before he finally sat up, the blankets slipping down to reveal his upper body. Roman stretched his arms and the room filled with the faint sounds of the joints in his back and shoulders cracking, as they always did when he first stretched every morning.

"As much as I would love to just cuddle in bed all day, we're sort of in Spain, and I want to hear you speak Spanish with the natives and be all hot in the sun and everything,"
Roman told his husband, playfully flicking him on the end of the nose. Roman got out of bed and threw on the same shirt and leggings he had worn the day before, just for something to wear while they ate their breakfast.

Samuel lingered a little in bed to get a chance to admire Roman before he got all his clothes on, that was another thing he'd never get sick of, just looking at Roman and appreciating how much he loved him, every part of him, not only his personality but he loved the way he looked too, he would never be afraid to admit that, Roman simply had it all.

After a moment or two though, he sighed and said, "Well I guess if I'm going to have to talk a whole lot with people today I'm going to need at least one cup of coffee,"

Samuel wasn't afraid to admit that he had serious caffeine addiction at this point either, but Roman was any better with all the coke he drank on the regular so he wasn't allowed to judge him. He got out of bed and quickly got dressed in a comfy hoodie and a pair of shorts, he too opting for something simple for breakfast. I figured Roman would be changing into something else later, or at least do his makeup or hair, even if Samuel did very much like the look of Roman's hair all messy from sleep.

They ventured down to the hotel's dining hall were the breakfast buffet was served, there were plenty of nice food to choose from, fresh fruit, pastries, pancakes, eggs and any other breakfast foods one could imagine. He knew for sure Roman was in paradise in that moment, Samuel was mostly just excited about getting to eat loads and loads of fruit, and maybe so churros, but mostly fruit.

"Are you going to end up being stuck here, like, I'll let go of your hand and then never see you again?" Samuel chuckled gently and brought Roman's hand up to kiss it.

r o m a n
"Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my stomach capacity increasing just by looking at all of this food," Roman joked in return. But seriously, he was actually in heaven. Food heaven, the only kind he believed in.

It was an all-you-can-eat buffet and Roman was going to take advantage of that. He let go of husband's hand, picked up a tray and set it with several plates so his food didn't touch and the flavours didn't mix. He used one plate for bacon and hash browns, one for pancakes and blueberry pastries and one for a collection of fresh fruits because he wasn't totally unhealthy. He also got a small bowl of muesli with some nice Greek yoghurt. To top it off, he got a large glass of orange juice and turned to wink at his husband playfully before leaving him at the buffet and retreating to a small table near the back of the hall where they could eat.

Roman had already cleared his plate of fruit before Samuel joined him at their table.

"So what's on the agenda for today, Mr Hemlock-Ortega?" Roman inquired. They hadn't planned their honeymoon down to the second like they had the wedding. Simply because it was bound to be a more flexible arrangement.

Samuel couldn't help but laugh a little at his husband's adorable obsession with food, it was a little silly at times, how he absolutely loved eating and snacking and all that but at the same time was the pickiest person Samuel knew. He loved him a whole lot.

Samuel picked out some nice fresh fruits for himself, all on one plate, and on another he put a fried egg and some bacon and also the churros he had fantasized about earlier. All on the same plate, he did not care at all in the flavours mixed, in fact he quite enjoyed salty or savoury flavours together with something sweet. It was nice.

After getting himself a large cup of coffee and a glass of juice as well he sat down with Roman. He smiled at his question, he was really looking forward to just having a nice honeymoon with him, and he liked that it wasn't super plan, it was spontaneous, they didn't have to feel stressed about anything really, "Well I was thinking we could go around a little in town, just find some nice stores and look through, and then we could try to find some restaurant to have lunch, and then I kind of want to take you down and show you the beach, it isn't really sun bathing weather obviously, but it's still pretty and it's withing walking distance from the hotel so it would be shame not to go see it,"

r o m a n
"That sounds like a lovely plan. I can get behind this plan." Roman nodded, affirming his words with a physical reaction, and finished off his hash browns. He moved onto his bacon as he chewed thoughtfully.

Roman had never been to Barcelona before and therefore didn't have any idea of what the city was like, really. However, he did know that he wanted to organise something romantic and secret for his fiancé while they were there. Roman was definitely the romantic type, and so he wanted to do something nice and sweet for Samuel while they were in the city that he loved.

He decided he would use that day out to scope out locations and try and find something sweet to do for his husband. In the meantime, he wanted to eat his food.

Roman finished his bacon — he was eating very quickly as he was very hungry — and quickly stole a mouthful of Samuel's coffee. "Do they have KFC in this country?" he joked.

"Yes Roman there's KFC here," Samuel chuckled "But if you even try to mention going there I'm divorcing you,"

That was possibly the biggest lie and silliest joke ever. Samuel never saw himself divorcing Roman or leaving him at all for the matter. Roman made him happy, he knew he made Roman happy, Samuel wouldn't give up on something like what they had for anything in the world.

"Seriously though, if you wanna go to KFC sometime while we're here we can, just not more than like once," Samuel knew KFC was Roman's favourite food so he wasn't going to stop him from having it on a trip that was about them and nothing else, if Roman wanted it they would get it. Samuel would just rather try to find some nice restaurants and maybe show Roman some of the ones he liked a lot when coming here as a kid.

After that they continued to eat and joke and chat, Samuel got up to get some more coffee to drink while Roman finished eating his copious amounts of food, occasionally Samuel would also steal a small piece of bacon since he had eaten all of his own.

After breakfast, they headed back up to their hotel room to get ready for the rest of the day. There Samuel headed over to his suitcase and picked out an outfit for himself. A navy T-shirt, black chinos, and a pair of really cute navy socks with blue flowers on them.

"Are you doing your makeup today?" Samuel asked Roman conversationally, it wasn't an uncommon question to escape his lips, sometimes Roman wore a lot of makeup, sometimes he just wore a little and sometimes none at all. Samuel loved all types of looks Roman made for himself. He loved his bare face because it was him, nothing else, but he also loved his makeup looks because it showed off his artistry and creativity. And because he looked incredibly hot in it, of course.

The reason he asked was simply that he wanted to know how long time they'd be taking to get ready. Samuel just needed to change into his outfit for the day maybe shave if needed, and then he was done, he didn't do his hair or anything, He never minded waiting a little extra for Roman though, it was just more time for them to spend together talking anyways.

r o m a n
"Yeah, I think I will, actually," Roman decided as they returned to their suite. He often varied in the amount of makeup he wore, but today he felt like doing a full face, so he picked up his makeup case and brought it into the large bathroom, where the lighting would be the best. "You should shave your legs while you're waiting."

Roman quickly got dressed, electing to wear an emerald green Slytherin T-shirt and black skinny jeans, with green high tops. He then dropped a kiss to the top of his husband's head just because he could, before he went into the bathroom to do his makeup.

He decided to just do something simple — well, simple for him, at any rate. He picked out a lipstick that was a deeper green than his shirt and applied it once he finished his foundation, contour, blush and powder. He went with a simple white highlighter, since the lipstick was colourful enough to not necessitate any crazy colour on his cheekbones. He also neglected eyeshadow that day for the same reason, but still proceeded with his usual winged eyeliner and black mascara.

He combed and styled his hair, applied some deodorant and vanilla perfume and went back out to the main room to meet his husband. He did a cute little twirl for him. "How do I look?"

Samuel did not do as Roman suggested and shave his legs, instead he put on the clothes, he had picked out for himself, along with a nice blue and black watch and his pair of white low top converse. He was wearing long-ish pants and long socks anyways, so Roman wouldn't suffer from the state of his leg hair. He did, however, contemplate shaving them when he showered in the evening, simply because he knew Roman liked it and their honeymoon was a special occasion.

While he waited for Roman to get ready he instead sat in bed and used his phone and the hotel WiFi to get updates on their pets at home, he wanted to make sure Evan didn't actually over or under feed them or something. He tore his eyes from his phone when he heard Roman come out from the bathroom, Samuel was excited to see the reveal and Roman did not disappoint with his adorable little twirl.

"Like the most gorgeous man in the whole world," Samuel informed his husband with nothing but absolute adoration in his voice, it was not an overexaggerating in his opinion. The jeans hugged his legs just right, the green in his shirt and on his lips looked so gorgeous with the green in his eyes.

Samuel got up from the bed and headed over to Roman. He grabbed both his hands and had he been taller, or rather, Roman shorter, he would have maybe twirled him around again, but instead, he settled for just pulling him closer and down so he could place a sweet kiss on his lips.

"Ah shit, is your lipstick smudge proof?" he looked up at his husband's lips which were still very much green and didn't seem to have smudged, upon realising there would be no smudging Samuel smiled, "alright, never mind,"

The one downside to Roman's love for makeup was the fact that Samuel would find himself with various lipstick smudges over his body, he never complained much about it though, "You about ready to leave?"

r o m a n
"Yep, it's matte so feel free to kiss me as much as you like," Roman said with a chuckle. He squeezed his husband around the middle and pressed a little kiss to his neck as if to prove that the lipstick was indeed smudge-proof, before he stepped away to collect his phone and wallet and stole them in the pocket of his black leather jacket with his lipstick.

"Ready. Lead the way, my love."

Roman kept his hand in his husband's as they excited the hotel room and began to make their way down to the lobby. Roman was very excited to see Barcelona — the night before had not really counted, because it had been dark and they had been tired and not really paying attention to their surroundings.

It was spring in Europe at that point, not too hot and not too cold, which Roman was thankful for because he could hardly function in hot weather. Still, he slipped on a pair of black sunglasses, which made him look even cooler and more mysterious.

Not that he was using that mysteriousness to attract admirers anymore, which he had certainly done back in his teenage years. He was a married man now, and he had the ring to prove it.

"So where are we off to, Mr Hemlock-Ortega?" Roman asked his husband as they walked down the street.

Setting a foot out of the hotel again was really exciting, they obviously hadn't gotten much of a chance to experience the city the day before so Samuel was very excited about doing just that now.

Samuel let their hands swing between them in a slightly childish manner as they walked, he could basically feel the happiness radiate from himself. They were married and on their honeymoon, walking the streets of Barcelona. It was fantastic.

"Let's just walk down some random streets for now," Samuel said, they lived fairly central but not too far from the shoreline during their stay in the city. Samuel obviously did not know the city all that well, sure he had been there plenty of times and he was sure he'd recognize a lot of things and places as they passed eventually, but his family obviously didn't square in the middle of things.

"And we can stop if we see some fun store or whatever," Samuel didn't really have anywhere in particular he wanted to go, except the beach after lunch, for now he just wanted to show Roman the city he loved so much and he honestly thought that wandering the streets aimlessly would be the best way to do that.

"But let's avoid anything we could find at home,"
Samuel reasoned, "I'm not wasting a visit to Barcelona to go into an H&M," Samuel chuckled a little, because honestly, and H&M was the last place Roman would go into voluntarily.

r o m a n
"We wouldn't be going to H&M anyway. We hate H&M. Collectively. As a pair." Roman was joking, but also meant what he was saying a little. He didn't like H&M, but Samuel liked it and Roman liked Samuel quite a lot, so of course he couldn't hate the store. Still, he would rather throw himself in front of a truck than shop there.

They walked down the nice street together and Roman found that the city was beautiful and he liked it a lot. He also found that he was a lot taller than everyone else, but no surprises there. He noticed that he was getting a lot of looks and most of them were appreciative, as they always were.

Roman wasn't sure how Samuel was going to take that. On the one hand, they were married now, which meant that Roman wasn't just going to run off with some cute Spaniard and leave Samuel forever. On the other hand, their marriage might intensify Samuel's feelings of jealousy. He really wasn't sure.

"Samuel, people are staring at me, it's like they've never seen a tall person before,"
Roman told his husband playfully. He figured the best way to make sure this went well was to make a bit of a joke about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuel laughed a little at Roman's comment, but it wasn't like he hadn't noticed the looks Roman had been getting by then and he understood that Roman was trying to approach the subject carefully.

Samuel had learnt to differentiate between all the looks they were getting by now. There were the looks they got for holding hands and showing affection in public, some would show distaste and some with genuine curiosity due to the norm breaking. Then there where the looks Roman attracted, them too Samuel could generally categorize into two categories, there were the "holy shit he's tall looks" and the "holy shit he's hot," usually they went together though. Today the looks seemed to be due to Roman's height and hotness.

In theory Samuel liked the idea of Roman getting looks, liked the idea of people showing Roman he was attractive, he deserved to know, not that Samuel doubted Roman knew. He also liked the idea that Roman practically could have chosen anyone he wanted but had chosen him. In reality it always made him feel possessive and jealous, he trusted that Roman would not leave him for anyone, but he didn't trust random strangers. And while Samuel knew that was partially due to his mental illness he also felt like he had some reason to feel that way, since people would blatantly flirt with Roman in front of him on occasion.

"Wow are you saying everyone here are short, is that like, generalizations and mild racism?" Samuel joked, he grinned up at his husband. He knew Roman was joking to make it less of a big deal so Samuel joked back to show him that it wasn't a big deal. His actions contradicted this a little though, because he had started walking just a little closer to Roman and placed a small kiss on his shoulder, just to signal that they were each other's. Roman would notice this, Samuel knew this, but he hoped it was okay because he really didn't want to fight or something about it during their honeymoon, "but yeah, Roman you are taller than most people, I can't believe you didn't notice until now,"

Samuel kept the joking tone and leaned his head a little on Roman's shoulder as they walked, successfully putting emphasis on Roman's height.

"Hey you know what we should do?" Samuel said, moving on from the topic at hand, "we should go into one of those tacky tourist shops and buy shitty t-shirts that says Barcelona, it'll be funny,"

r o m a n
Roman, of course, noticed when Samuel got a little clingy. He always did and usually it annoyed him, but this was different, because they had literally gotten married yesterday and Roman felt that Samuel had the right to be a little possessive of his new husband. As if to prove that he didn't have a problem with Samuel doing what he was doing, he draped an arm carefully around the other man's shoulders and held him close. As he did so, he noticed a group of girls who had been watching them look disappointed and turn away.

Good, that was what Roman had wanted.

"I'm not being racist, I didn't say anything about it being because they're Spanish," Roman continued to joke with his lovely boyfriend. But seriously, now that he thought of it, he was probably also getting looks because he was so damn pale.

Roman rolled his eyes and audibly groaned at Samuel's suggestion, though he was kidding. "Fine. But only because I love you and I think you will look very cute in a shitty Barcelona T-shirt."

And so, Roman steered his husband into the first tourist shop they found. Suddenly they were surrounded by shitty knick-knacks and postcards and knockoffs of the Barcelona FC shirt. Roman overlooked those, he had made Samuel one years ago.

"Will they even have anything in my size? I'm really tall, remember."
Roman continued to joke to avoid getting a shirt -- he just wore a large anyway, and his shirts always ended up being baggy but he sort of liked it.

Samuel would be lying if he said he wasn't a little satisfied to see those girls a little disappointed and he was happy to leave to go into the tourist shop with Roman's arm around his shoulder.

"Aww come on Roman, it'll be really funny if we have fucking tacky tourist shirts when coming back home, besides I always wanted to get them when I was like really little, but obviously my mum and dad wouldn't let me because we weren't really tourist you know,"

He looked around a little and all the dumb touristy objects and shirt, all things that would be genuinely embarrassing to buy completely seriously, but they were mostly there as a joke so it was okay.

"Hey look," Samuel pointed towards one shirt, it was white with some printed paint splotches and the text Barcelona printed on top of said paint splotches, "that's like kind of less tacky than something with a map or a bull or something,"

By that point they had of course attracted the attention of the shop owner, Samuel turned to him and asked, "hey do you have this in black?" In Spanish, to signal that he knew the language and there was no point in any misunderstandings occurring from trying to use English. He tried to sound polite but probably came off as more awkward because at the end of the day he was still himself.

The shop owner said yes and headed over to go grab it, all while making friendly conversation, asking Samuel where they were from and things like that to coax them into buying something through friendliness.

Samuel awkwardly replied to the best of his abilities and eventually the owner got out the black version of said T-shirt and Samuel turned towards his husband again and switched over back to English, "see it's black, it matches your aesthetic, so it's okay,"

r o m a n
Roman didn't mind being left out of the conversation between Samuel and the shop owner, and he didn't bother to try and follow it, because he guessed it was just normal talk about their trip and where they were from. He definitely heard a version of the word 'Australia' somewhere in the mix which only proved his suspicions. Roman just thumbed through some postcards while Samuel conversed with the shop owner.

He turned around when Samuel switched back to English and rolled his green eyes at the shirt, but ultimately smiled and accepted it from his husband. "Okay, this isn't so bad," he admitted, running the fabric through his fingers. It felt cheap, but that wasn't surprising, it literally came from a souvenir store. "I'll wear it if you want me to." And he would. He loved his husband.

Roman carefully draped the garment over his arm and turned back to the postcards. He found one of the Picasso Museum, one of Sant Felip Neri and one of the Palau de la Música Catalana. He was planning to send one to his parents, one to Evan and London and one to Brooklyn and Chelsea -- who was going to have her baby very soon.

Roman turned back to his husband and flicked him on the forehead. "You know what I think we should get? Barcelona coffee cups that I will use to hide the fact that I'm drinking Coke in the morning."

Samuel was happy Roman gave up and decided he could live with the shirt, Samuel would of course not demand either of them wearing them while in Barcelona, that'd be dumb, but he kind of liked the idea of maybe having them as pajama shirts or something like that, and then it'd remind them of their honeymoon. He got the store owner to take down two of the black shirt in the size large, which would be to big for both of them but Roman liked baggy shirts and Samuel chose the size with the idea of using it to sleep in in his head.

He turned his attention back to Roman when his husband so rudely flicked him on the forehead, "Or you could stop drinking coke in the morning," Samuel laughed at Roman, he was silly sometimes, he loved him, "but that's a nice idea actually, like I can get behind getting touristy coffee mug unironically, I like coffee,"

Samuel said the last part as if it was the most serious thing in the world but couldn't stop himself from grinning. Everyone knew Samuel loved coffee.

He looked over at the postcards Roman had been eyeing and smiled softly at the idea of sending something back home to their families, Samuel figured it would probably be nice to send one off to his mum, Ollie and Fliss, he assumed Roman was already planning to have them send one to Evan and London and a couple of others. He also took note of the different sights and places to visit in town, "we should but some time aside and visit sights and stuff too, not today obviously, but when feel like we've done the areas close to the hotel,"

He went back to looking at the coffee mugs and added, "and do we want mugs that fits the kitchen somewhat, or ones that are ass tacky as possible?

r o m a n
"Well, we're actually going to be using these so I refuse to purchase anything that doesn't match the aesthetic of the kitchen," Roman said matter-of-factly. Of course, he wasn't a crockery Nazi and if Samuel wanted to buy a stupid tacky mug he wasn't going to stop him, he loved his husband and therefore wanted him to be happy. And relationships are all about compromise, even if one party wants to destroy the visual feel of a room with a Barcelona FC mug.

"I like that one," Roman said. He pointed to a plain white mug with the outline of the country of Spain emblazoned on the side in rose gold. It was simple, aesthetically pleasing and not too over-the-top in its design, and was therefore perfect. It was also very much Roman. He plucked the box that the mug came in off the shelf and held it carefully, since they didn't have a basket and he didn't want to drop the item and break it.

He then turned to his lovely husband and dropped a kiss to the top of his head. God, he loved Samuel. "I'm going to go over and pick out a charm for London's charm bracelet," he explained. "Don't miss me too much."

"I'll try not to, but don't be too long, love," Samuel chuckled and responded to Roman's kiss by affectionately rubbing his husband's arm a little before letting him go find the charm for London. Samuel stayed to pick out a mug for himself.

He found one mug with the FC Barcelona colours but decided not to pick it up, he was sure he'd find one in the official store outside of Camp Nou, which they were going to at some point or else Samuel had decided he would throw a childish fit until Roman let him, not that he wouldn't. Instead, he picked up a cute white mug with the text Lo que me enamora de Barcelona, with a bunch of cute little pictures of things to do in Barcelona, designed to look like they were painted in soft watercolours. If he did end up getting an official FC Barcelona mug he'd use it at work so Roman could have the more aesthetically pleasing mugs in their kitchen.

After that he just kind had to wait for Roman to pick a charm. He did so while pretending to look over the random knickknacks and souvenirs he wasn't at all interested in. He just wanted something to do because suddenly being alone made him feel a little out of place.

It was a little embarrassing that he felt that way, he was an adult after all, he should be able to walk around in a store without feeling like that, but it wasn't too bad and Samuel had a feeling that is usual self-consciousness he got from being alone was a little intense right now because he felt so attached to his husband after having gotten literally married to him so recently.