[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
After a few minutes of deliberation Roman picked out a simple silver charm shaped like the country of Spain and requested the shop owner to wrap it up for him. He knew London would like it. Roman also knew he wanted to pick out souvenirs for their other friends and family as well, but they had plenty of time to shop for the others later.

"Okay, love, I'm done," he called over to Samuel, holding a hand out for his husband. Once he had joined him, Roman opened his wallet and thumbed out the correct value of Euros to pay for the goods they were purchasing. He handed the money to the shopkeeper and soon they were on their way, their bag of souvenirs grasped in Roman's slender hand.

"We should take some pictures in front of some cool Barcelona landmarks that have some significant history or whatever, just to make Matthew and Elissa die of jealousy," Roman suggested.

Samuel instantly felt a little more in place when he got to hold his husband's hand again and was thus very happy to continue on with their day. It was fantastic how comfortable being with Roman made him, no matter what and without fail.

"That's like the best idea you have ever had," Samuel grinned. Samuel had seen a lot of the sights in Barcelona already, but that had been years ago, and one should not forget that he too was kind of a big history buff too, he taught history after all, "If there's one thing that is fun it's making Matthew jealous,"

They continued to walk down the street, passing some shops that looked fairly uninteresting and some other tourist shops holding the same items every one of them held. There were also a couple of restaurants Samuel took note of, since they were still fairly close to the hotel they'd probably end up eating at some of them.

"So do you have any particular land marks you want to go to then?" Samuel asked, he let their hands sway a little between them again, both because he was really happy and to put some emphasis on them being together to anyone throwing curious glances Roman's way.

r o m a n
"I don't know, I'm not a hundred percent sure what is the best landmark and whatnot," Roman told his husband honestly. He knew that Barcelona was a beautiful city, that much was obvious, but he didn't know much about it.

"Oh, wait, I got those postcards."

Roman reached into the bag and stopped the both of them so they could look at them. Each of the landmarks depicted were gorgeous and Roman would honestly be happy to go to any of them. As long as he was with his husband, he didn't care where he went.

"I feel like the Picasso Museum will make Matthew the most jealous," Roman chuckled as if that was the reasoning behind his decision-making skills.

Samuel gladly inspected Roman's postcards and nodded in agreement at Roman's suggestion of going to the Picasso museum.

"Yeah, that sound like an excellent way to annoy him," not only would it make Matthew the most jealous though, Samuel felt like it was a nice mixture of what would interest them both, art for Roman and history for himself "I haven't been there either, I can't say fourteen or whatever year old me was especially interested in art, plus, the Barcelona zoo is almost right next to it,"

Samuel recalled an occasion when his Tío Marco and his wife had taken him and María to the zoo, while Susan and Manuel, who were bound to be a little tired of zoos due to how much Samuel demanded they'd visit them, had gone over to the museum since it was close by.

"I feel like we should set aside a day or so for that though, because I don't want to stress through it to get it over and done with," No today, Samuel wanted to take it easy and wander the streets of Barcelona aimlessly, he was still a little tired from the traveling of the day before, and they obviously hadn't gone to bed right away as they got to the hotel, and the breakfast was only served until eleven, meaning they hadn't been able to sleep however long the wanted, "We should probably keep our eyes open for a place to eat lunch eventually, so we're not just standing there when were hungry without finding anything other than Maccas or something,"

r o m a n
"That sounds logical and reasonable. See, this is why you're the one who makes the plans in our relationship." That was a joke. Roman usually planned things, but Samuel was fairly independent and was able to make plans as well. After all, he had organised that amazing proposal, the ring from which Roman still wore on his left ring finger.

Roman draped his arm around Samuel's shoulder, kissed him on the side of the head and continued to walk with his husband by his side. Through his sunglasses he gazed at the beautiful city. Roman loved the architecture of European countries — well, no, he loved the architecture and culture of any continent, but Europe was his favourite, probably due to his obviously European heritage.

Roman sighted a quaint little cafe with some English on its signs and nodded to it to bring it to his husband's attention. "Can we go in there? It looks cute. They have candles on the tables." And anyone who knew Roman knew that he definitely loved his candles.

Samuel bumped his head into Roman's shoulder playfully, "Sure, you know I won't try to go between you and food and candles,"

Samuel honestly loved candles too, not necessarily as much as Roman loved them, instead, it was because of Roman Samuel liked them. His childhood room had been full of them and they had plenty of them around their apartment. They were cosy and it was nice t light a couple when they would take baths together and things like that.

And they looked very cosy lit on the cute little café tables, so they headed over and into the café where they got seated and given menus. They were written in both English and Spanish so Roman wouldn't need Samuel's help translating anything. Samuel was just a tad disappointed about that, he was finding himself quite enjoying showing off his language skills to his husband.

"What are you getting?" Samuel asked as he looked over the menu himself, "Cus I am definitely tasting whatever you're having from you, so I don't wanna get the same thing"

r o m a n
The cafe was very cute and Roman liked it a lot. He sat down across from his husband and perused the menu, finding that they served a lot of traditional Spanish food, which was good, because that was what they were there for. Roman was, however, a very picky eater and therefore had to carefully read each ingredient before he came to a decision.

"I think I'm going to get the Arròs negre," Roman said using his best pronunciation. It was a seafood and rice dish that was spicy and had been dyed black with squid ink. "Oh, and some sweet potato fries." Because even if this was lunch and they had actually only eaten breakfast a few hours ago, he was still Roman and therefore was still always hungry.

Roman folded the menu and set it aside, propping his chin up in his hands and regarding his husband affectionately. "I love you," he told him for what was probably the billionth time. That didn't matter, though, because no one was going to blame him for telling his husband this when they had gotten married not even twenty-four hours ago.

Samuel smiled a little at what Roman was ordering, two dishes, as he often did, and as he had the possibility he chose the one food item known for being black. When Roman set his menu aside and Samuel did the same as he had decided upon what to get. Then Roman let out those three little words that even to this day made Samuel feel all fluttery and happy inside. He would never get tired of hearing them and he would never get tired of saying them.

Samuel didn't have a chance to reply before a waitress noticed their closed menus and came to get their order Samuel settled for gazpacho, because he liked soup and they had had breakfast not too long ago and thus he wasn't all that hungry.

The waitress went on her way. He mimicked the way Roman was sitting, leaning his chin into his hands and gazing at Roman across the table. He smiled and leaned his head a little to the side to put most weight on one hand as he reached the other towards Roman. He brushed some stray hairs back into the rest of Roman's soft brown locks. Before retracting his hand and putting it back in place under his chin he made sure to let it run down the side of Roman's face.

"You're cute," Samuel said softly. If anyone called the other cute it was usually Roman referring to Samuel, but Roman was cute too, especially in a moment like this, when he just sweetly told Samuel he loved him, looking all pretty as the warm candlelight reflected onto his face despite the sunlight shining in through the windows making the softer light a little harder to see, "And I love you too, so very much,"

r o m a n
Roman smiled and closed his eyes at the affection he received from his husband. There would never be a day when Roman didn't adore Samuel and everything he did. Roman opened his eyes and met his husband's warm brown ones with a soft smile. Even if they were literally in public it was a warm and tender moment, the kind Roman wanted his honeymoon to be filled with.

"You're cuter," Roman corrected Samuel, grinning and leaning his chin on one hand, the same as Samuel, and reached over with his other hand to take one of Samuel's. He then proceeded to gently trace little patterns on the back of it with the end of the pointed nail on his right index finger. He did that often, it was a little habit of his.

"I love you so much, it's like there's nothing else I can see but you," he said in French, mostly because he knew his husband liked it a lot, but also because he felt like that was the sort of thing one didn't want strangers to overhear. Not that there was anything bad about it, but it was oddly personal.

Not that Samuel would understand it.

Roman lifted Samuel's hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. "I totally just violently swore at you in French."

The combination of Roman using his nail to trace patterns on Samuel's skin combined with the French enough to send shivers down Samuel's spine. It was amazing. Samuel loved it when Roman spoke French, knowing he was saying something sweet in a beautiful language Samuel did not know.

"Honestly you could say you were going to kill a puppy in French and I wouldn't care," Samuel chuckled softly, "I'd tell you something sweet in Spanish but I feel like more people will understand, I'll just save it for later,"

And he would, he'd whisper sweet nothings in Spanish all night to Roman, especially if Roman spoke French. For now though Samuel would stick to English and continue to just enjoy the intimate moment they were sharing. That moment of course, ended up being a little disturbed when the food came in, but they would need both hands when eating so Samuel didn't mind to much.

"Hey so, the bathtub in the hotel room looked pretty roomly," Samuel said once the waitress had left and playfully, and maybe slightly flirtatiously, nudged Roman's leg a little under the table, "maybe when we've seen the beach and whatever else we might come up with we should head back fill up a bath and then maybe we could order room service for dinner or something? I'm still pretty tired from traveling, plus I wanna spend some time with you in private too,"

He added the last part with a small and slightly innocent smile before eating a spoonful of the cold tomato soup, it was really nice, Roman had clearly managed to chose a good place, even if he had based it on the decorations and not the menu.

r o m a n
"That sounds like a solid plan," Roman agreed in the same mildly flirtatious tone, nudging his husband's leg in return. This was their honeymoon, after all, they were bound to be pretty flirty all the time. Not that that differed from how they had acted with one another before they had gotten married, though.

Roman mixed his Arròs negre a little, combining all the elements. It was weird -- Roman absolutely could not stand it when his foods mixed, but when it came to things like this, dishes that had multiple different elements in it that usually didn't go together, it was fine. He tasted the squid with the rice and the peppers and found it to be amazing, but if he had been served all three elements separately, he would have gone to great lengths to keep them from touching.

"Mmm, this is really good," Roman said, closing his eyes to relish the flavour. He took another big mouthful of the delicious food and while he was chewing, dipped one long sweet potato fry into the garlic aioli provided. "Samuel, you should be cooking this at home all the time. What's the point of having a hot ethnic trophy husband if he doesn't cook nice ethnic food for you?" Roman joked. The 'trophy husband' joke had been going on for a while and honestly wasn't less funny now that they were actually married. If anything, it added to the humour.

Samuel let out a little laugh at Roman's joke and pointed his spoon towards Roman before he spoke, his own tone matching Roman's joking one.

"The point is that you have a very hot husband to come home to after a long day of earning," Samuel wasn't really one to compliment himself normally, to himself he looked pretty average, but he knew Roman thought differently. And when joking like this, he would do it to go with the joke. The joke which honestly never failed to be funny, at least not when said by the two of them or their friends, "who will give you all the kisses and love you want, and who you may show off to all your friends so they get jealous of both you having such a fantastically cute husband and cus you make more cash than them,"

The only basis the joke really had in reality was the fact that Roman made more money than Samuel, which Samuel didn't care much about. Other than that, Samuel was actually the older one, by a couple of months, and Roman was definitely the more attractive one according to Samuel. Even if all stereotypes weren't true It was still fun to joke around about it.

"Oh, and who's going to steal some of your food now," Samuel said before bringing his spoon to Roman's food, he, of course, made sure the spoon had no tomato soup left on it, because he knew his husband wouldn't like that, "Oh shit it really is good, maybe I should learn how to make Spanish foods," Samuel said once the small bite of food was in his mouth. Neither of the really wanted Samuel in the kitchen though, not unless they wanted the apartment to burn down.

Samuel then pushed his own soup forward a little and asked, "do you wanna taste mine? It's really good too," Samuel wouldn't be offended if Roman turned it down, even after seven years together Samuel couldn't keep track on all of Roman's picky eating habits, he knew the basics, no mixing and no cheese for example. But if there was one ingredient in the soup Roman didn't like he'd probably not want any.

r o m a n
"Well, as long as I get my hot trophy husband I'm happy," Roman said with a chuckle as Samuel tasted the squid and rice dish he had ordered. Really, though, Roman would love Samuel regardless of how hot he was -- he had proven that by marrying him. But Samuel being stupidly hot was a nice bonus.

When Roman was offered a taste of the soup, Roman nodded, though instead of using his own spoon he used Samuel's to truly avoid mixing the flavours of the two dishes. He popped a small amount into his mouth and swilled the mix around for a moment, before swallowing it and smacking his lips together thoughtfully.

"It's nice but I don't understand why it's cold," Roman said, handing his husband his spoon back and picking up his glass of Coke. He used the familiar soda to wash down the taste of the soup before he turned back to his own dish. He was such a baby about mixing flavours.

"It could also be black," Roman added. "Everything is cool when it's black."

"I mean It's more often served in the summer I'm pretty sure," Samuel said in regards to the soup being cold, "And no Roman not everything is cooler when it's black,"

Samuel was honestly sure like half of the reason Roman enjoyed coke so much was because it was black, and he obviously liked it, but still. Samuel decided to think of some examples of things that would be less cool black but was slowly realising that it was hard, at least to think anything Roman wouldn't find cooler if they were black.

"Okay I can't think of anything that wouldn't be, but that's beside the point colours are nice, I like colours," Samuel insisted, "Like, what if something was purple, to begin with, would it still be cooler if it was black,"

The new topic at hand was a silly one, but not everything had to be serious, Samuel just loved talking to his husband, whether it was about important matters, or their love for each other or dumb trivial things like this.

r o m a n
"Yes, Samuel, it would," Roman said in a deadly serious tone. He was joking, of course -- he quite liked colour himself, but only select tones and only in moderation. And, most of the time, when he wore colours, he wore them as a small additional detail to a mostly black outfit.

But he was going to keep this damn joke running if his life depended on it.

"Everything is cooler when it's black. Black is the colour of the most complex souls and the most fragmented minds. Black is a colour of classiness and refinement. Black is universal, black is ... infinite."
Roman trailed off, his voice dramatic and soft. Then his green eyes snapped open and he shrugged. "I'm also a loyal member of the Black Parade and I don't want to disappoint our Lord and Saviour Gerard Way."

For the rest of the duration of lunch, Roman continued to joke around and flirt with his husband playfully, as they always did, while they ate their delicious authentic food. Once they had both finished, Roman paid the bill and offered his beautiful husband his arm, so they could walk out of the establishment together.

"Where to now, my love?"

"I am going to show you the beach," Samuel said firmly and hooked his arm with Roman's and started to walk. He had been pretty excited about this all day so he was not going to skip it in favour of something else.

There would obviously be no bathing by the beach so there was no point in going to the hotel to change, so Samuel right away steered their steps in the direction he knew the beach was. It was a slight walk there, nothing more than they had walked that day though and it was a pleasant walk anyways. His arm hooked with Roman's keeping close.

Obviously there couldn't be a big reveal for the beach even if Samuel would have maybe liked there to be one, the closer they got the more of it they saw, and it was really pretty, Samuel liked the Barcelona beaches a whole lot, he had played there tons as a kid when they came visited, built plenty of cool sand castles and played soccer with his dad on the beach, it was one of those good memories he had with his father.

Finally, they stepped onto the sand, neither of them had really appropriate beach footwear but Samuel did not really care. It was a little windy since they were so close to the ocean now, but it was still very nice. They had spent quite a lot of time in the restaurant, making sure to enjoy their food and have a good time without stressing. Now the sun had just started to set, making the light a little more golden and it was so very beautiful.

"Tada!" Samuel said and did a silly little hand gesture out towards the beach, "It's super pretty right? I love it here."

r o m a n
Roman wasn't the biggest fan of beaches, but even he could admit that the Barcelona beach was breathtaking. The way the lowering sun cast that gorgeous light on the ocean was stunning and Roman stopped to admire the view for a moment, before he turned to his much more beautiful husband.

"You're prettier," he said, leaning down to kiss Samuel briefly on the lips. "But, yes, it's gorgeous."

Roman decided to be a piece of trash cliché and take his husband for a romantic walk on the beach, so, he pulled his other half along as they walked along the edge of the water. Roman was thankfully wearing high-tops, meaning that no sand would enter his shoes. He playfully swung his and his husband's hands back and forth between them as they went along. The scent of salt wafted off the ocean to their left, and it was clean and fresh.

"Do you think Moana is watching over us?"

"Of course she is," Samuel chuckled, "you sing her songs so much it has to be her duty to watch over you at least,"

Samuel grinned at Roman. While he occasionally complained a little about the abundance of Disney princess songs that he got to hear on a regular basis, especially after Allison had gotten old enough to really get into the whole princess thing, the movie Roman had just referred to, and any song from it, always reminded Samuel of the beginning of their relationship and while there had been a lot to overcome back then, Samuel looked back on the moments with Roman fondly. Roman who Samuel noticed looked very gorgeous in that moment.

Roman was always gorgeous, but God did the sunlight just bounce off his face in the most beautiful way, his brown locks and pale skin getting a golden sheen and his green eyes looking even brighter than usual. In that moment he looked breathtakingly stunning.

"Hang on a second," Samuel slowed their steps down into a stop, pulled up his phone and took a couple of steps back, "stay there,"

He quickly turned on the camera and made sure Roman was properly in frame along with a good chunk of the ocean, all while happily uttering the word, "smile," then he snapped the photo and pulled the phone down a little so he could look at Roman in real life instead of through the screen, "...You're beautiful, you know,"

This was just a moment in time he needed to save. He didn't ever want to forget it, didn't ever want to forget this day at all. This day with his husband, one of the first of their marriage, but he knew it would be impossible to remember every little detail, in a year or two he wouldn't be able to remember the exact way Roman had looked in this exact moment. He would no doubt remember the moment as a whole, walking down the beach in a cheesy but romantic way, but not little details like this. So a photograph would do that for him, help him remember.

Last edited:
r o m a n
Once he realised what Samuel was doing, Roman was more than happy to pose for his husband's photograph. He shoved both hands into the pockets of his jacket and smiled at Samuel. The sun hit the ocean behind him and his brown locks had been blown a little into disarray due to the breeze. He looked absolutely stunning.

Roman's face lit up when his husband complimented him. Of course, he knew he was beautiful but that didn't mean that he valued Samuel's affection any less. And since this was a tender and loving moment, so the affection certainly would not remain unreciprocated.

Roman walked up to Samuel, very gently cupped his face with his hands and gave him a soft, tender kiss to the lips. He didn't care if people on the beach could see him. He didn't care what they thought. All he cared about was making sure that his husband knew how much he loved him.

"You're more beautiful," he corrected, wrapping his arms around Samuel's shoulders. He kissed the other man on the top of the head and nuzzled the brown curls a little. The day was coming to a close — the perfect end to the start of a perfect honeymoon.

Samuel smiled, and his heart fluttered at Roman's compliment. It truly was a perfect moment, the two of them on the beach like this, and Roman was the perfect husband, Samuel couldn't ask for anyone better or for a better first day of their honeymoon really.

After their stroll on the beach they did as Samuel had requested and headed back to their room, drew a bath and just had a good time and relaxing time together and then ordering room service and just cuddling in bed. Samuel couldn't think of a better way to spend the end of the day.

The next day they continued to explore the streets of Barcelona. It was a big city so there was a lot to see, plenty of little streets and cute shops to look through. The day after that though they had decided to head over to the Picasso museum as planned.

Samuel's outfit that day went in earthy and forest green tones to match his green socks with tiny foxes on them. He had chosen a pair of running shoes as his footwear because after two days of wearing converse he had decided to spare his feet the pain. Especially since they had decided to walk there, after their big and tasty hotel breakfast, it was a bit to go, but Samuel enjoyed walks and disliked trying to figure out public transport in places he didn't know too well so he had insisted.

"So are we taking the picture to make Matthew and Elissa jealous outside of the museum or in front of some famous piece of artwork?"
Samuel asked his husband, as usual, their hands were intertwined as they walked. They had made it most of the way there by now, so it was time to get to plan their evil plan of making their friends incredibly jealous.