[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n
Roman chuckled at Matilda's enthusiasm and stepped aside so Elliot could take a picture of the two matching people. He and Elliot hadn't meant to pick matching outfits for their significant others, but that was how it went down, and it was honestly rather amusing.

Elliot took the photo, then everyone decided to get changed back into their normal clothes. It was a relief to get rid of the chinos, which he did not like on himself whatsoever. He did, however, decide to get the shirt, but he put everything else back before rejoining his boyfriend.

"I am sorry to say I won't be wearing chinos from now on," he said to Samuel, sighing a little, as they were joined by the other couple. Elliot had also decided to keep the shirt his significant other had picked out, which Roman thought was very sweet. "So are we all done here, once we pay?"

"Yeah, or well, if Tilly's done, since were her for her?" Matilda nodded.

Samuel was happy to be back in his normal clothes and no longer forced to be in any pictures. It was nice to see Roman back in his normal getup too, even if he did look a lot less like he usually did that day. He seemed to be keeping the shirt Samuel had picked out and that made him a little happy. Samuel had decided to keep the jacket, he wore red quite regularly and it was a varsity jacket so obviously, it would work pretty well with the rest of his clothes. Matilda also seemed to have decided to keep one item, the fishnets, in her case.

"I know we just did this for fun but I think the fact that we all liked something enough to get it is kind of nice," Samuel said, he had grabbed Roman's hand as they walked to the relatively short line to pay.

"Mmm, I mean it's not that weird, I obviously like the way Elliot looks normally so I'm not going to hate everything he suggests, I like his style on him, you know," Matilda reasoned, she too was holding her boyfriend's hand as they stepped forward to the cashier could scan in their purchases.

"Eh I think dress too basic for Roman, blue t-shirts just goes well with most people's styles," Samuel shrugged and smiled up at Roman, had Samuel picked a polo shirt or something Roman probably wouldn't have kept anything, but that was okay, Samuel had chosen a T-shirt because he knew Roman would prefer wearing one.

r o m a n
"Your sense of dress is absolutely too simple," Roman joked, poking his boyfriend in the belly. "I'm kidding. I love the way you dress."

"And as sexy as Matilda looks in fishnets, I love the way she dresses normally even more," Elliot contributed, smiling adoringly at his girlfriend. They were the cutest couple in the world, Roman was sure of it.

Once they had paid for their items, they made their way out of H&M and towards the tram station. From there they took the tram to Flinders Street train station, where they would catch their respective trains to get home. Despite Matilda and Elliot's suburb being very close to Roman and Samuel's, they were on different lines. It was quite annoying.

"Thanks for inviting us out," Roman said to Elliot and Matilda as they said their goodbyes at the top of the stairs.

"No problem. Thanks for coming."

"And I'll see you next week to plan the wedding cake, yeah?"
Roman clarified with Matilda. They were working together to make London and Evan's wedding cake, a fact that Roman was very excited about.

"Yeah, I already have some ideas, I'll text you about them later," Matilda said happily, "See you then, and I hope we get to see you soon too, Samuel,"

"Yeah, see you two around," Samuel smiled and gave them both a small wave and soon they were on separate ways to get home to their own place after a long day how having fun. Samuel felt quite happy, he always had a blast hanging out with Elliot and Matilda like this, they were fun and nice people. The remainder of the upcoming wedding was something that made him happy too.

"I can't believe they're getting married soon," Samuel said casually as they strolled over to the platform where their train would be arriving shortly, hand in hand as always, "Like, sometimes it feels like we just graduated high school, but it's been years and all of us are working and are adults and Allison has started school, it's all so weird."

r o m a n
"Oh my God I know," Roman sighed as Samuel brought up the wedding. Time was moving so fast. It felt like only yesterday that London and Evan had announced their relationship but in reality, it had been over six years ago. Six whole years.

But that was how long Samuel and Roman had been together, and that felt like an eternity, but in a good way. Roman felt like he had known his boyfriend for centuries.

"I can't wait for the wedding." And in that statement he meant both London and Evan's, but his own future wedding with Samuel also.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I think I'm going to go and get some wine," Matthew said in his usual flat tone, "You guys want anything?"

About two weeks later Samuel found himself sitting at a table with his boyfriend, Matthew and Elissa, at a small but somewhat well-known live venue. The place was dimly lit and music was playing softly in the background, not from anyone on stage, no, the person who'd be performing first that evening was currently holding Samuel's hand on top of the table.

Only a couple days after their double date with Matilda and Elliot Roman had been contacted by the owners of the venue and asked him to come and play, they had found him through his social media apparently. Samuel was very happy his boyfriend had gotten an opportunity to play live and he was very excited to get to see it.

"He wants a coke,"
Samuel poked Roman's head, "I want mineral water,"

Neither of them had taken up drinking in the past couple of years, they had never been huge fans of it in the first place and neither of them were really supposed to do it on their medication. Samuel was still taking his own medication, he was pretty used to it by now, it was helping a lot and thanks to working out what was triggering his flashbacks he was managing to avoid those pretty well.

"Sure," Mathew shrugged, stood up and kissed Elissa on the top of her head, he was dressing quite smartly, button up, brown blazer and a scarf in true hipster fashion, "I'll get you whatever I get me,"

Matthew left the table and headed over to the bar located in the back of the venue. Matthew and Elissa were the two people who had had their evening free, London and Evan had to take care of their daughter and most of their other friends had been busy or seen Roman play enough in high school for it not to be too huge of a deal, plus, Matthew and Elissa had been the first people to come in mind to tag along, going out to listen to live music in the slightly fancier part of town felt like something they would enjoy.

"Are you nervous?" Samuel asked his boyfriend, he doubted it, Roman tended to ooze confidence in excess, but it had been a while since he played in front of an audience.

r o m a n
Roman looked around the room. He could practically smell the anticipation, the excitement of seeing the live entertainment, and it was almost like being back in high school and preparing for a musical showcase. He had been very excited to accept the offer to perform from the owners of the establishment. Roman loved performing. He loved the energy, he loved showing off, he loved the shocked looks on peiple's faces when he hit the first note of the song. He just loved it in general.

He knew that if he didn't take his anxiety medication he wouldn't be able to perform. It was amazing how much those little pills actually prevented. Without them he was a nervous wreck, but with them, he was confident and soaring. Roman was eternally grateful for them.

"No," he scoffed at his boyfriend, poking him on the cheek. "Who do you think I am?"

Tonight Roman wore a black button-up dress shirt and black skinny jeans. This place was a little fancier than what they were used to, but that was okay. Roman didn't feel like he didn't fit in. He wore his usual highlighter, but that was it for makeup. All his piercings had been swapped for gold ones.

Elissa looked absolutely lovely in a tan cocktail dress and gold shoes, with her gold hair in a sophisticated side ponytail and her makeup perfect. She always looked lovely though, so no surprises there.

"I'm on third, and I get to play three songs,"
he clarified with his boyfriend and friend.

"Are you going to tell us what songs?" Samuel asked, smiling softly at Roman as he did, he was happy Roman felt good about this and he was happy he had gotten this opportunity, "or is it a surprise?"

"Isn't there some kind of programme where you could see that," Matthew chose that moment to come back, carrying a small tray with two glasses of wine, one glass of water and one glass of coke. He placed them all out in front of the right person before sitting down next to Elissa.

Samuel realised bringing Matthew to an event where Roman was playing was somewhat of a risky move, nowadays they seemed to be friends, but really Matthew had not liked Roman's musical abilities when they first met. He didn't seem to be irritated about anything yet though, so hopefully, he had put that in his past along with all the other things that made him dislike Roman.

"Well I mean I haven't seen one, just a list of the acts, the first one will be on in like ten," Samuel said with a light shrugged and sipped on his mineral water, it tasted like lemons.

r o m a n
"It's a surprise," Roman said mischievously, nudging his boyfriend with his elbow. He picked up the glass of Coke as Elissa took her wine and sipped it. "But you'll like it, I promise."

Roman was very excited to perform. He watched as the first act went on stage and set up, and then soon, she began to sing her songs. She was a pretty girl who did acoustic covers of popular songs from artists such as Taylor Swift and One Direction.

The second act was a pair of young men, one of whom was drumming and the other playing guitar. They both sang rather loud covers of Fall Out Boy songs, and while they were pretty aggressive, Roman still enjoyed their performance. They didn't really fit the mood of the room, though.

"And now, please welcome to the stage, Roman Hemlock."

There was polite applause and Roman rose to his full, imposing height. Roman straightened out to his shirt and turned to his friends. "Wish me luck," he said, before making his way to the stage.

They sat through the first two acts, both good, the second a little loud for Samuel's opinion but Roman seemed to like them. They weren't why they were there though and Samuel was mostly just waiting for them to be done so he would get to see Roman. Then again, he supposed part of the whole thing was that It wasn't just Roman playing, it was Roman playing as part of the evenings live show.

The two acts somehow went by in what felt like short time and what felt like long time and short time. But soon Roman was standing up to go head up to the stage.

"Good luck," Samuel did indeed say out loud as Roman walked off and then all of a sudden he was up there, looking like he owned the place, like that was where he was supposed to be and Samuel and everyone at their table and everyone in the entire room was quiet as they waited for Roman to start performing.

r o m a n
Roman ascended the steps to the stage and took his seat behind the keyboard. The room watched and waited for him to commence his singing. He cast a sweeping gaze over the audience, gauging their attitudes and wondering how they would react to him. Most people loved his voice, but some people didn't. That was fine.

"Hi, everyone," he said into the microphone. "My name is Roman Hemlock, as you know, and this first song is You, by the 1975."

Roman then began to play on the keyboard, a succession of slow notes, which he did for a few counts before he began to sing. His voice was strong, and smooth, and captivating, and the entire room held its breath.

"And you're a liar ... at least all of your friends are ... and so am I ... just typically drowned in my car ..."

This was a breakup song of sorts, and his voice carried deep sadness and anguish. He loved singing. Roman made eye contact with several people in the room — there was a group of girls sitting near the front who were swooning over him, but that was to be expected.

"Yeah it takes a bit more ... it takes a bit more than you ... yeah it takes a bit more ... it takes a bit more than you ..."

The last part of the song contained an intensity in the notes and a raising of Roman's voice. It was a passionate cry for help, and it swept the room away. He finished singing, then slowly ended his first song of the night.

The room burst into applause.

"Okay, I knew he was good, but not that good," said Elissa, in awe, from where she was curled up beside Matthew on the couch.

Samuel stared up at the stage expectantly as Roman introduced himself, he was just waiting for him to start so he would get to hear that beautiful voice amplified by he microphone and spread across the room.

And then he started and it was amazing. His voice was perfect and the song suited him and he looked perfect too. For a moment there was nothing else in the room for Samuel and all he could do was to look at his boyfriend being fantastic. Until he was a brought out of it by the applause and Elissa talking.

He turned to the girl with a small smile on his lips, "right, he's amazing,"

"Well you're biased," Matthew said with a slightly amused expression and Samuel frowned a little.

"He's objectively good, you can't deny that" Samuel insisted.

Matthew rolled his eyes, "I'm not denying it, I was joking,"

"Oh, well your sense of humor is shit," Samuel teased with a chuckle and turned his gaze back to the stage.

r o m a n
Roman smiled and stepped away from the keyboard in order to take a short break before his next song. One of the stage crew handed him a bottle of water, which he gladly accepted and took a sip of. He was allowed two minutes to rest, before he stepped back on stage and was met with applause that was far greater than the two acts before him.

That made Roman feel a little guilty. He didn't mean to outshine people, but he did. It was the same issue he had with London -- he caught all the attention in a room and she got none. Roman often didn't notice it, but he was noticing it now.

"Hey, everyone, before I start the next song, I'd just like to say that you should absolutely check out the table in the back to see if Lara Velasquez and Pyrogen are selling any albums," he said into the microphone, naming the two acts before him. "And do the same for anyone else that performs tonight."

He was given another round of applause and he felt slightly better. People were likely to listen to him, therefore, they would hopefully check to see if the other artists were selling anything.

"This next song is Oh, Ms Believer by twenty one pilots. Enjoy."

Roman brought his fingers back up to the keyboard and began to play his next song. This one was also pretty quiet and quaint, and resembled a Christmas carol somewhat, but the lyrics were lovely and the notes were long and smooth.

"Oh, Ms Believer, my pretty sleeper, your twisted mind is like snow on the road ... your shaking shoulders prove that it's colder, inside your head, than the winter of dead ..."

It was a beautiful song, and by the time he had finished, he had tuned out of the room and was so completely lost in the music that he didn't notice the girls in front of him almost crying, he didn't notice people looking in from outside and he didn't notice Elissa leaning into Matthew with an awed expression on her face. When the song finished, she turned to Matthew. "Okay, surely you have to admit that he's amazing now."

Unlike most of the venue Samuel spent the break between songs to stare up at Roman as well, he decided it wasn't creepy because it was his boyfriend. Before preforming Roman made sure to promote the two prior artists music which was nice. Samuel knew well Roman knew well enough that Roman probably felt bad about hogging all of the attention, it was a good thing he was a kind enough person not to let his talents go to his head.

The next song started and it was just as amazing and Samuel was just as mesmerized. Roman truly looked cool up there on stage, and the only part of Samuel that wanted his boyfriend's performance to be over was the part that wanted to pull him in for a kiss and tell him this.

Elissa seemed to think it was amazing to and once the song was over she made an attempt to get Matthew to admit to it too. He seemed a little reluctant to admit it and he probably hadn't done it if it wasn't Elissa saying it but he still uttered a monotonous, "yeah, he is, but don't tell him I said that, I don't want to feed his ego,"

Now it was Samuel's turn to roll his eyes but it was with a slightly amused smile, "well, I love feeding his ego so I'm totally telling him,"

"Ugh,"

"And by the next song you'll be telling us how amazing he is, I bet he saved the best for last,"

"Double ugh,"

"Shut up and listen," Samuel chuckled and turned back to the stage.

r o m a n
Another short break went past and now Roman was about to perform his last song. It was a big one, and it was ambitious, but he had complete faith in himself and therefore was more than ready to do it. He sat down behind the keyboard again, flexed his fingers and readjusted the microphone.

"Alright, this is my final song of the evening. Hopefully you enjoy. Sing along if you know it."

And so, Roman proceeded to sing the iconic Queen song, Bohemian Rhapsody.

For the parts that were usually sung with multiple people, he sang in a slightly higher voice than he normally would that still sounded glorious. For the middle section of the song, he belted out the lyrics and his voice warbled just as Freddie Mercury's did in the real recording.

"Mama, ooooh, I don't wanna die, sometimes wish I'd never been born at all, carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters ..."

He replicated the guitar solos on the piano perfectly, and the crowd was impressed with his skills on the instrument. Then, for the infamous part of the song, where the tempo rose and the notes became almost screeches and there was a lot of Italian, he belted out the entirety of the verse with absolutely no difficulty, showing that he had some serious musical talent.

"I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me ..."

Then later,

"So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye? So you think you can love me and leave me to die?Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby, just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here."

Soon, the song trickled to an ending and by that time his hair was sticking to his forehead from the exertion it had taken to properly play that song on the piano. "Nothing really matters, to me ... any way the wind ... blows ..."

The song ended, and the venue broke out into a round of loud, raucous applause. Roman grinned, stood up, took a little bow, then stepped off the stage and made his way back over to his boyfriend and his friends.

The last song was not only a fantastic example off Roman's vocal range but also how good he was at the instrument he excelled at. Samuel decided it was his favorite because Roman really looked like he was enjoying himself on stage, playing the piano as if his life depended on it and everything he did sounded astonishing, every creative choice on have to translate the guitar to piano, the places where he mimicked Freddie mercury perfectly and the places his voiced differed as well. All amazing, all perfect.

By the time the song was over the crowd was clapping like crazy, everyone appreciating the fantastic show. As Roman made it back to their table Samuel stood up and right away pulled him down into a deep kiss, holding him close because he was so proud of him.

After a moment he pulled back but didn't let him go just yet, "holy shit that was so amazing," he placed another kiss on Roman's cheek before allowing him to sit down by their table again.

When he sat he smirked a little at Matthew and Matthew gave him a mildly horrified look, "Matthew said you were good, right Matthew,"

"I said I didn't deny the fact that he was good," Matthew insisted stubbornly but Samuel stared stubbornly back at him, "alright, Roman, that was really good, you killed it, or whatever,"

r o m a n
Roman returned to their table and was happily pulled down for a kiss from his boyfriend. He returned the kiss to the cheek with one of his own and sat down just as Matthew complimented him. His eyes widened and he just stared at the blond guy for a few moments, shocked.

"Oh my God, that wasn't mean!" he exclaimed.

"Naw, hun, I knew you had it in you," Elissa teased her boyfriend, making up for it by gently rubbing his knee under the table.

"I feel honoured, to have actually received a compliment from the almighty Matthew!"

"Okay, don't push him, his kindness isn't going to extend that far."

Roman chuckled and leaned back into his seat. The next act was preparing to go onstage, but meanwhile, the group of girls who had been sitting in the front had risen to their feet and were making their slightly drunken way over to the table Roman and his companions sat at. They were all in their early twenties and were very pretty. Roman looked up as the three girls stopped beside him.

"Hey, Roman, yeah?" said a tall redheaded girl.

"Yeah," Roman affirmed politely.

"We just wanted to say that you were really good," she said, teetering slightly due to her intoxication.

"Oh? Thank you." Roman had expected this, therefore he was not surprised. He still linked his fingers with Samuel's and placed their entwined hands on the table so the girls could see.

"Yeah, like, what you did with those high notes?" continued a second girl, this one with kinky, dark brown hair and smooth brown skin. "Amazing."

"And you're really cute," giggled the last girl, this one with tanned skin and pale brown hair.

"Oh my God, Laura, he has a boyfriend."

"Jeez I know, Becky, I wasn't trying to pick him up or anything," stage whispered Laura.

Elissa buried her face in Matthew's shoulder to stop herself from giggling and Roman had to fight to keep composure. The girls left, and both Roman and Elissa made sure that they were far away before they burst out in hysterical fits of laughter. Drunk people were hilarious.

Matthew seemed a little flustered due to all the teasing but didn't seem to get any time to defend himself as three pretty girls their age, or possibly a tad younger, came up to their table.

At first when the girls arrived Samuel's jealous side right away wanted to push itself through, but then Samuel noticed the girls clearly had been drinking and in addition to that Roman clearly made a statement of the fact that they were dating by showing of their intertwined hands, so for the rest of the conversation Samuel watched with an amused smile on his lips. When they left he didn't laugh like Elissa and Roman, but chuckled a little, it had been a silly moment.

"And that is why we don't drink more than like two glasses of wine," Matthew said, he had spent that moment suspiciously peering over at the girls, Samuel wasn't sure if it was due to a leftover feelings of not trusting Roman or the fact that he just was the kind of person who was protective towards his friends and close ones and just didn't want anyone flirting with Roman in case it hurt Samuel. He obviously saw the humour in the situation as well though.

"Aw come on, I've seen you down a bottle in an hour shut up," Samuel laughed a little as he recalled some evening a couple of years ago before they had even met Elissa, when he and Gabi had come over to Matthew's apartment for movie night and somewhere along the line Matthew had brought out a random bottle of wine. Samuel had had a total of one sip from his glass before donating it to Matthew and Gabi had only had about half of one because she had thought it would be "more hilarious" to experience drunk as fuck Matthew sober.

It had been fun.

"Like once, I was twenty-two," Matthew defended himself, his argument was invalid because, for one he was two years older than the rest of the gang and thus both Gabi and Samuel had been younger and not drinking, and secondly, Samuel had seen him get drunk on several more occasions.

"Yeah yeah, whatever," Samuel chuckled, then he paused and turned towards the stage because the next act was performing. A cute petite girl with pink hair but dressed in a fancy cocktail dress was singing some original songs softly. Once her first song was done Samuel clapped and then turned to the rest of the table again, "Hey, do you guys want to come back over to our place after this? "

r o m a n
"No wait what, Matthew has been drunk?!"

"Matthew's a borderline alcoholic," Elissa joked. She then turned to her boyfriend and kissed him on the cheek to compensate for being a meanie. "I'm joking, sweetie, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you with some hot chocolate later."

They had to quiet down due to the next act coming on stage, which Roman didn't mind, because she was very talented and he liked her song. He clapped politely for her when she finished her first performance and then turned to the other couple to support Samuel's impromptu invitation.

"Oh my God, yes, you should totally come,"
Roman said, nodding. "I made cheesecake the other day and --"

Elissa gasped and turned to Matthew, grabbing his arm and shaking it playfully. She seemed to be letting go of her usually classy demeanour to persuade Matthew to come to Roman and Samuel's. "Oh my God, hun, we have to go, he made cheesecake, you know how amazing his cheesecake is! Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!"

"You don't have to beg me, you know I'd do anything you want," Matthew laughed a little and patted Elissa's hands a little to get her to stop shaking him, "but only if there's cheesecake involved," He added the last part with a small smirk and then leaned over to give Elissa a little kiss, clearly showing that it wasn't actually the cheesecake that was motivating him.

And so, they watched the rest of the performances, all amazing but none even close to outshining Roman. Once all acts had performed they slowly made their way out of the venue, chatting happily about random things, they weren't really in a hurry, it was a Friday evening and it still wasn't all too late, besides there was no bad time for cheesecake.

When they got home to the apartment they were greeted by the pets as usual. Matthew snatched Malfoy from the ground and pulled Elissa over to the couch with him so they could pet the cat. Matthew had ended up getting that second glass of wine and Samuel strongly suspected he was a little tipsy, but Matthew was for from annoying when drunk, so no one would die because of it.

"Tea or coffee?" Samuel asked the other couple, Roman was in charge of getting out the cheesecake and Samuel was forever in charge of hot drinks because that was the only thing he could really do in the kitchen.

"coffee, please," Matthew said from the couch where he was playing with the cat, tipsy Matthew actually tended to be a tad less cold, it was nice to see that side of him sometimes, although he tended to be a lot more open to not be cold when just around Gabi and Samuel. And Samuel imagined he was the warmest around Elissa.