[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
Roman took Samuel's hand and squeezed it for a moment, happy to be sharing this beautiful moment with his beautiful boyfriend. It made him hope that sometime in the future, they could have a moment of their own such as this one. A moment celebrating their own engagement.

After the lovely dinner, Roman and Samuel drove home in their own car and Evan and London took their child. When they arrived back at their apartment complex, London happily transferred Allison to her uncles, still smiling like an idiot. This was evidently one of the happiest nights of her life.

"Thank you for this," she said to Roman softly.

"Don't thank us. Go have fun with your fiancé."

London grinned at the word and turned to follow Evan up the stairs to their apartment. Roman lead Samuel up to their own, where the animals came to greet them at the door. He checked the time on the clock to find that it was pretty late, almost ten in the evening.

"Alright, baby girl, as much as I'd like to stay up and watch Disney with you, we're going to have to get you to bed."

"Nooo! I'm not tired, I wanna pet the animals," Allison said from the floor where she was indeed petting all the animals, still looking fancy in her dress and headband, it was a very cute sight.

"Nope!" Samuel said and grabbed the little girl under her arms and hauled her up in the air, Allison squealed happily and giggled, "You're going to bed, and then maybe one of them will want to come sleep with you in your bed if you are super nice and brush your teeth and go to bed without anyyy complaining."

"Oh, okay then!" The little girl seemed to have decided this was a good deal and hurried into the bathroom where she had her own toothbrush and a stool. Allison coming over to spend the night every once in a while wasn't that rare, Samuel and Roman gladly took her of her parents hands every once in a while to give them some time for themselves and for them to get to spend some time with Allison. It was perfect for everyone involved and I anything happened her parents were next doors to help.

"Se this is why you shouldn't give kids a bunch of sugar right before they are supposed to go to bed," Samuel chuckled to his boyfriend and pulled him along to the bathroom so Allison didn't just brush her teeth in two seconds and then told them she had done it properly.

r o m a n
"Shush," Roman chuckled, unbuttoning the top two buttons of his dress shirt before going into the bathroom to assist Allison in her preparation for bed.

Once the little girl had brushed her teeth, Roman helped her get changed into a cute pair of pink pyjamas, brushed her hair, plaited it so it would be curly when she woke up in the morning and tucked her into bed. They did not have a kids' bed for her, so she got to sleep in the queen-sized spare bed, with pillows on either side of her little body so she didn't roll off and land on the floor.

"Now you will be all nice and toasty," Roman told her as he tucked her in tightly, all the way up to her chin, even if he knew she would wriggle free within minutes of him leaving the room.

Roman gazed affectionately at his beautiful niece. She was so adorable and perfect and he loved her more than words could describe. Roman reached up to gently stroke her soft cheek with the back of his tattooed index finger.

"Are you excited for Mummy and Daddy to get married?" he asked her gently. "You get to be a flower girl and wear a pretty dress. I'll even do your hair up all nice and sweet."

"Yeah, I'm super excited! I wanna wear a really pretty dress and Mummy will wear one that's super pretty too, I hope it has a lot of pretty flowers and maybe even butterflies and sparkles on it," Allison said, there really was much excitement in her voice but she was a little calmer now and after she said that she finally let out a tiny little yawn, signalling that now that she was all cuddled up in bed she was getting tired.

Samuel found Malfoy slinking around their legs so he grabbed him and put him next to Allison like he had promised where she right away started petting the cat, who stayed where he was for the affection.

"Mummy and Daddy were super happy, so now I'm super happy too," She mumbled and it was probably the sweetest thing Samuel had ever heard. Here they had this tiny little girl who just wanted her parents to be happy.

"It's very good that everyone is so happy, today was a good day, huh? Fancy dinner, and ice cream, and getting to sleep with Malfoy?"

"Mhm," Allison said and yawned again.

"well you seem tired so we should let you sleep, if you need something come wake us up, okay?" Allison nodded, "Good night, sleep well,"

"you too, nigthy night,"

r o m a n
A week and a half later, a bright day in the first week of February, Roman gently whacked his boyfriend on the head with a cushion.

"What could you possibly be doing for work? It's Wednesday, term started two days ago," Roman loudly complained. Of course, he wasn't really annoyed, only pretending to be. He understood that his boyfriend taught high school, which meant a lot of homework being set to the students. They had likely had to complete some kind of holiday assignment that Samuel was now marking.

To make up for being an asshole, Roman set a glass of water and a plate of sliced fruits on the table for his boyfriend to snack on. Their apartment was not very large, therefore both of them had to do their work on the dining table until they decided to move to a bigger place. That was fine, for now. It wouldn't last forever.

"Whatever it is, you should put it on hold,"
Roman said, standing behind Samuel and wrapping his arms around his shoulders. He gave him a kiss to the neck. "Because Bella's coming over soon to introduce us to her new girlfriend."

Roman had been nothing but happy for his best friend upon learning that she had finally found someone she liked. She hadn't seriously dated anyone since Roman, which had been over eight years ago. So, Roman was very glad that she seemed to have found someone she wanted to settle down with.

"Stop inviting people when I have work to do," Samuel joked, he actually didn't mind, and he had work to do most days so it wouldn't make sense to never invite anyone over because of that.

"Ugh, actually, I think I could use a break, it's not like I can hand these out before everyone has at least gotten a chance to hand them in," Samuel sighed but twisted around to place a kiss on his boyfriend's mouth since he was already bent down, and then he stood up and started to gather and put away all the hastily put together paragraphs about the current political climate.

He really regretted his decision to have the year nines find a news piece to analyse during the summer. It had seemed like a good idea to keep the kids from forgetting but now he actually had to read through and comment on them all. He knew they wouldn't have done anything if he hadn't asked to actually write something to, so at the end of the day, it was a good thing. Just not a good thing for his free time.

Samuel was happy for Bella, there had been a period when things between them had been kind of awkward, at least Samuel had thought so, but that feeling had long since passed, he knew Bella no longer liked Roman, and hadn't back that time when they had shared that awkward kiss Samuel had witnessed either. It was nice to get some confirmation in form of a new girlfriend she was serious enough about to introduce to people, though.

"We should put on some water for tea and make coffee if they're coming soon," Samuel said once all of the papers were stacked away, "Ew that was like too adult, don't let me turn into a forty-year-old at age twenty-three please,"

Despite this, Samuel did as he had suggested and headed over to the kitchen counter to make the beverage, "Did they say when they were coming?"

r o m a n
"If any of the kids just found an article about the US political state and wrote 'fuck Trump', please give them an A," Roman suggested, helping his boyfriend stack away the papers. He then followed him into the kitchen and started tracking down snacks for them to have when Bella and her girlfriend arrived. He procured a few leftover vanilla slices he had made last week, and some blueberry muffins Elliot had dropped off on behalf of Matilda. He put these snacks on a plate and left them on the bench while Samuel made drinks.

"Well, Bella texted me about twenty minutes ago, saying they were on their way, so they shouldn't be too far off," Roman answered, checking his phone for confirmation.

Just as Roman had predicted, not even five minutes later there was a ring of the doorbell and some hushed, feminine voices behind the door. Roman rose to his feet, made his way over and opened it for the two ladies.

Bella came in, looking immensely happy as she towed a slightly taller girl along with her. Today Bella wore leather shorts that barely covered her backside, a white, lacy crop top with long, loose sleeves and several pieces of gold jewellery, including a choker. She wore strappy black sandals that she took off by holding onto her girlfriend's shoulder for support. Then, she beamed up at Roman, brushing strands of her vibrant pink hair out of her face.

"Roman, this is my girlfriend, Delilah," she said brightly, gesturing to the girl beside her. "Delilah, this is my best friend, Roman. Oh, Samuel, there you are. Samuel, Delilah, Delilah, Samuel, Roman's boyfriend."

Samuel had barely gotten the coffee ready before Bella and her new girlfriend were let in the door, luckily he wouldn't have to leave his spot in the kitchen because the layout turned the hallway, living room and kitchen into one room and he could easily give a little wave to the girl he had yet to get to know once he was introduced.

She was not at all what Samuel had expected. She had shoulder length platinum blonde hair with a beachy wave to it. She was wearing high-waisted blue jeans that ended around her ankles and a red and white striped tight fitting t-shirt made from a slightly thicker fabric with a half turtleneck collar to it.

When Samuel heard the words Bella and new girlfriend he would have expected someone with some crazy hair colour dressed in mostly black, maybe wearing some cool makeup. This girl was incredibly pretty and clearly had some slight unique look to her but who didn't look like too much out of the ordinary. Samuel couldn't really say anything though, he looked like he had walked straight out of an H&M ad and he was dating alternative god Roman.

"Hello!" Delilah greeted the two who were having her over while her girlfriend used her to lean on, "I've heard a lot about you both, only good things though, don't worry, I really like your place, the colours are nice,"

Samuel was a little taken aback, she wasn't rambling on quickly or anything she just seemed very social and Samuel wondered if she was a good couple of years younger than them because that honestly wouldn't surprise him.

"Thanks, Roman is the most responsible for that though, I don't have any taste apparently,"

r o m a n
Delilah was not what Roman had expected. In the past when Bella had dated girls they were often quite similar to her -- vibrant hair colours, dressed like a Tumblr model, a hard edge to the personality. But this girl seemed to be ... well, close to normal. Not that there was anything wrong with that. As long as Bella was happy, Roman had nothing to complain about.

And Bella definitely seemed to be happy. Once she had taken off her shoes, she held Delilah's hand in both of her own and gazed at her girlfriend with complete adoration as she spoke to the boys.

"You don't have taste," Roman told Samuel earnestly, with a little roll of his eyes, before he turned back to the girls. "Thank you, and it's very nice to meet you. Come sit."

Roman gestured to the couch, then took the plate of goodies and set it in front of the girls on the table. Bella took a vanilla slice and offered half to her girlfriend, which Roman thought was very sweet. Roman sat down in one of the armchairs, so he could sit opposite the girls in order to have a proper conversation with them.

"So how did you two meet?" he asked them.

"Thank you," Delilah mumbled sweetly when Bella shared a piece of the vanilla slice with her and then turned to Roman to answer his question.

"Hang on, tea or coffee?" Samuel asked before she could start since he didn't actually want to interrupt her when she started retelling the story.

"Coffee, but with half the mug filled with milk, and that's not a joke," Samuel had to fight the urge not to give her the most offended expression ever, as someone who'd gladly drink his coffee black that was barely even coffee at all, it was milk with coffee flavour. He didn't comment on it and quickly finished up their drinks, knowing what Bella liked from prior visits. He placed the drinks in front of each person and took the seat in the second armchair. He would have sat down in Roman's lap but decided that made talking distracting.

"We met at this party and I don't think either of us planned for it to last longer than a night, but then we got to talking in the morning and had breakfast together and it turned out we have a lot in common," She was looking kind of dreamily at Bella as she spoke, even though a one-time hookup wasn't the most dreamy way to meet, he supposed the sweet part was that they decided they like each other too much not to continue to see each other.

Actually, that was very sweet in Samuel's opinion.

r o m a n
Roman couldn't keep the smile off his face when he saw how Delilah was looking at Bella, or how Bella was returning that affectionate gaze with one of her own. It was very sweet and very endearing to watch. Roman was very happy that Bella had found someone who looked at her the way he looked at Samuel.

"Hey, that's basically how we got together," Roman pointed out in a teasing tone, nudging Samuel's foot with his own. It came out as a joke but really, it wasn't too far from the truth. They had hooked up and after a while realised that they were perfect for each other.

Roman couldn't be happier with the way things had turned out.

"How's Blake dealing with living in a love nest?" Roman teased his best friend, turning back to face the girls.

Bella snickered. "You know Blake. If she has her headphones on she can put up with anything." Bella waggled her eyebrows suggestively and sipped her tea.

Roman chuckled, took a blueberry muffin and handed it to Samuel. "So what do you do for a living?" he inquired of Delilah pleasantly.

Samuel could have pointed out that they didn't meet at that party, and that it was different for a million different excuses, but when you really came down to it their relationship kind of was based on that one hook up, and honestly Samuel didn't care, just like with Bella and Delilah it had led to an amazing relationship. So he let Roman's joke slide.

Delilah laughed along with her girlfriend of the mention of Blake's fantastic and music fuelled patience. It was interesting to think that this girl would have met Blake plenty of times by now and that they probably had some kind of friendship at that point, yet Samuel and Roman had just met her.

"Oh, I work at one of the arts and crafts stores in the city, it's literally just something to pay the bills, I'm not sure about what I want to do yet," Delilah said upon being asked about it, "Not like Bella, she's so perfect for working with kids, have you seen how much they love her? It's so sweet."

Samuel smiled at Bella, "high five for working with kids," he was too far off to actually high-five her and it was clear that he meant more of a metaphorical word high five, whatever that was.

r o m a n
Bella grinned and pretended to high-five Samuel across the coffee table.

"I love arts and crafts. I used to make scrapbooks for my theatre projects at school," Roman commenter. "They were great."

"Oh my God." Bella looked like she had had an epiphany. "Roman. I've figured it out."

"What?"

"You're a grandma."

Roman cocked a pierced eyebrow. "What?"

"You are! You don't like getting up early in the morning, you don't particularly like staying up late either, you bake, you love cats, you scrapbook, you sew —"

"I am so fucking triggered right now," Roman said, a look of deepest offence on his face.

"Samuel. Back me up here. Look at this." Bella picked up a black knitted blanket, one they kept on the back of the couch, and handed it to Delilah. "Roman made this when he was fourteen, babe. He's always been a grandma."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ooh, That's some nice craftsmanship," Delilah said actually studying the blanket properly. Samuel didn't know anything about knitting, but he assumed that if something handmade hadn't fallen apart after about ten years it had to be well made. He could also assume it was well made simply because Roman had made it. Roman tended to make amazing things.

"Yeah I agree with Bella, you're a total grandma, I can't believe we didn't realise this earlier, it's so obvious," Samuel laughed, and tore off a piece of the muffin to dip it in his coffee. This realization was possibly the best one in all of time, "But Roman listen, it's okay I love you even if you're an elderly lady with grandchildren trapped inside the body of a hot twenty-year-old,"

"And being a grandma isn't that bad, it just means your wicked good at knitting and baking"
Delilah chimed in, "With the amount of knitting and scrapbooking I've done for work I'd be a grandma too,"

"But Roman is still the biggest grandma and it's hilarious,"
Samuel insisted cheekily, because hell yeah he was going to tease Roman about this.

r o m a n
"I feel so attacked."

"Naw, poor baby. Do you need to go take a nap?" Bella grinned wickedly.

Roman sighed, stood up, went to Bella, drew her to her feet by taking her hands, then picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. She was tiny, so it worked. Bella cried in protest and wriggled a little, but not too much, since she didn't want to accidentally hurt Roman or herself. Roman crossed to the front door, opened it, put Bella down on the landing outside, closed the door, and locked it.

"Hey!"

"You can come back when you've decided you're going to behave yourself,"
Roman called through the door.

Bella shouted a stream of obscenities at Roman but he ignored her and went to sit back down. "Could a grandma do that?" he asked the other two triumphantly.

"Delilah! Save me!"

Both Delilah and Samuel watched with amused expressions as Roman picked Bella and but her outside but as soon as Bella was requested help Delilah was quick up on her feet. She headed over to the door and twisted the lock without any problems. She grabbed Bella's hand and as she pulled her inside she twirled her around once and then pulled her into a hug.

"I have saved you from the wrath of the evil grandmother," Delilah giggled and nuzzled her girlfriend's pink hair from behind.

"Roman just accept your fate as a grandmother and stop being a dick about it," Samuel chuckled and reached over to affectionately rub Roman's arm a little.

"Yeah accept it!" Delilah agreed cheerfully, keeping her arms around her girlfriend as she led her back to the couch so she couldn't get picked up again.

r o m a n
"I will not accept it."

A week and a half later, on a bright, sunny Saturday, he still hadn't accepted it, but that didn't matter because he and Samuel were utilising their days off to go on a double date with Elliot and Matilda. The plan was to go to the aquarium, which Roman found much more interesting than the zoo, because he wanted to be a mermaid, and it did not involve going outside. So, he was more than happy to accept Elliot's invitation to go out.

Today Roman wore his white Little Mermaid T-shirt, a pair of navy blue shorts and his white high tops. This was honestly the closest he was ever going to get to dressing like Samuel. He wore a blinding white highlighter on his cheekbones and a lovely winged eye look with his eyeliner, but otherwise wore no makeup. All of his piercings were back in, to his delight.

He and Samuel arrived at the aquarium to find Elliot and Matilda waiting outside for them. Elliot was dressed in his usual all-black ensemble and had his hand securely in Matilda's. He grinned when he saw Roman and Samuel arrive.

"Guten tag."

"I did French, not German. Bonjour."

"Hallå."

"Zdravstvuyte."

"What the fuck is that?"

"Russian, according to the Google Translation I did the other day when wanting to learn how to speak Russian."

Today Samuel and Roman were going on a double date with Elliot and Matilda and they were going to the aquarium. While Samuel favoured the zoo he was incredibly excited to go to the aquarium. He just loved animals and his inner five-year-old tended to come out whenever he got to see them, sea-dwelling creatures were not excepted and as they made their way over to Elliot and Matilda, Samuel let his hand Roman's hands sway back and forth a little as they walked to let out some of that excitement.

Samuel was wearing a comfy white T-shirt, navy shorts and his navy and white turtle socks and somehow he and Roman looked like they had coordinated their outfits together. Samuel hadn't actually intended for their clothes to match, though, how was he supposed to know this was the one time Roman wasn't going to wear a single item of black clothing?

Elliot, of course, was wearing only black though, and Matilda was also mostly dressed in black that day, she was dressed in a black crop top with a bunch of zodiac signs in a circle printed in white on it, together with a black high waisted skirt and pastel purple thigh highs. Her purple and blue shifting hair styled into twin buns.

Samuel supposed it would be easy to tell who was dating who today.

"You tried to learn Russian?" Matilda asked curiously and cheerfully.

"More importantly? You tried using Google translate to learn it?" Samuel inflicted, scowling at Roman, "As a teacher, I find that morally wrong and I am personally offended,"

r o m a n
"It's your fault, Samuel. You were at work being a nerd and I had nothing to do so I just translated a bunch of words into Russian. Did you know that the word for leg is nozhka?"

They made their way inside, Roman's hand securely linked with Samuel's, and bought their tickets at the front desk. They then entered the aquarium. The building was, of course, lined with huge fishtanks that featured a variety of beautiful animals. Also, the ceiling above them was a fishtank, meaning that they could look up and view the creatures too.

The blue light from the tanks leaked out into the room and dyed everyone's skin varying shades of blue. Roman and Elliot, both of whom were very pale, now featured pastel blue skin. The light also glinted off Roman's piercings and his highlighter. It all looked incredibly beautiful.

Roman turned his head to find a large stingray floating by. "Look. It's the asshole who killed Steve Irwin."

"Fucker."

"No guys come on, I'm sure that's a very nice stingray who have never killed anyone," Samuel insisted because the stingray was very cute and Roman and Elliot weren't beating fair to it.

"Agreed, don't generalize the stingrays," Matilda joked as she looked around wide eyes at all the fish.

The dim blue lights gave to aquarium a very cozy feeling and despite it being the middle of the day it felt kind of like it was the evening. It was a weird but cool feeling. The lights also hit everyone's skin in a very beautiful way, Roman looked especially beautiful in the tints of blue with his highlighter catching the lights in the most stunning way. Samuel had a feeling he could have just spent the entire time they were there looking at Roman instead of the fish.

"Come on," Samuel pulled along Roman further up to the glass so the could see some of the smaller fish floating by better, Matilda did the same with her boyfriend, "look at that one, it's pretty,"

Samuel pointed to a fish with scales shifting in blues and purples and followed it with his gaze as it passed them, he had no idea what kind of fish it was but that wasn't the point.