[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
Roman stood aside and let Samuel catch up with his mother, before greeting Susan himself with a small hug and a little rub to the top of the back. He then stepped back when Susan's boyfriend appeared. He looked like a decent guy so Roman had no problems with shaking his hand. He gave the man a small smile.

"It's nice to meet you too," he said after Samuel. After all, this was Samuel's potential stepfather, not his. Roman was much more sociable than his boyfriend but he didn't want to steal all the attention.

Roman put a hand on Samuel's shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly. He knew that this was nerve-wracking for the other young man, but Roman would be there for him the entire time. Besides, he wanted to get to know Oliver and his daughter.

Oliver nodded with a smile, waited a moment and then turned towards the staircase which was a little further away down the small hallway and shouted in a tone that still was very mild and calm, "Fliss, Samuel and Roman are here now, come and say hello!"

Some hurried footsteps could be heard from the second floor but no girl coming down the stairs, "Give me a second I'm almost done!"

Oliver shrugged with a small chuckle, "Well then, let me show you into to kitchen while we wait,"

The man led everyone into the joint kitchen dining room area and gestured for them all to sit down at the table while he went back to the kitchen counter to continue what he had been doing before they got there. Which was baking bread apparently. The kitchen was quite homely in Samuel's opinion, decorated mostly in white and natural woods with some photos held up by magnets on the fridge, flowers in terracotta pots in the windows and a ceramic bowl with some apples in the middle of the table which would fit them all and still have two seats to spare.

"Was the drive here alright? The traffic can be kind of annoying here at this time of the day since a lot of people are getting off work," Oliver said as he started shaping the dough he had in from of him into smaller loafs, just making some casual conversation as one would do when inviting someone you don't know yet for dinner.

"It was okay, Roman drove, though, and he's a good driver so there usually aren't any other problems than it going a little slower," Samuel said, trying the best to act like the adult he was and actually talk to people despite not knowing them.

"Sweetie you're driving sometimes as well, right? You can't just let Roman drive because you don't like it, then you'll forget how to do it," so much for being an adult.

"Yeah mum, I drive too sometimes," Samuel sighed, it was true but he definitely didn't do it as much as Roman, he wasn't about to have this discussion with his mum now though.

His mother didn't have time to say anything more about Samuel's driving habits because in that moment Olivers daughter, Felicity apparently, came carefully walking in through the door, she was wearing a slightly oversized knit sweater in a greyish green colour, paired with a black skater skirt and a pair of black tights. Her long blonde hair was pulled back with a black hairband. She looked like quite an average teenage girl, but she was very cute, that much was obvious.

"There you are," Oliver said happily upon noticing his daughter, "Introduce yourself to our guest,"

"I was going to," Felicity insisted, and turned to Samuel and Roman with a small smile, "Hi, I'm Felicity, but literally everyone calls me Fliss,"

"Okay, we'll remember that,"
Samuel smiled, she seemed nice, "I'm Samuel, this is my boyfriend Roman,"

After introducing Roman Felicity seemed to actually proper notice him and his looks, and as with most teenage girls, he seemed to have completely grabbed her attention. Samuel had no idea why his boyfriend managed to do that. Or well he did know, it was either because of his good looks or his flawless makeup, sometimes both.

"Okay, cool…Daddy, can I show them around the house?" she asked excitedly and soon Samuel and Roman were practically being dragged into the living room which was decorated in a similar fashion to the kitchen. White and browns seemed to be the main colours of the house.

"This is the living room," Fliss said, "And now when dad can't hear me I want to ask you about what eyeliner you're wearing, because the one I'm using is super dry and takes me forever to get right and I want to know which one to buy when I get my allowance,"

r o m a n
Roman smiled at Felicity when they made eye contact and they were introduced. She seemed like a normal girl, quite cute, but normal nonetheless. Roman didn't object to being shown around the house by said girl, since it meant he wouldn't have to put up with boring adult conversation in the kitchen, and it would give him an opportunity to see if they had any cats. Roman loved cats.

Though Fliss seemed to be less focused on the tour and more on Roman's eyeliner.

"Oh, it's Kat Von D Tattoo Liner,"
Roman replied, instinctively reaching up to touch the corner of his eye. He didn't wear any other makeup that day, other than a microscopic brush of mascara, yet he still looked flawless. "It was about twenty-five dollars, I think? I got it with a Sephora gift card."

Roman shrugged. "But it's nice, you should check it out. Hey, I like your highlighter -- you should ask for some Ofra highlighters for Christmas or your birthday, they're a bit pricey but bright enough to blind your enemies."

"Ooh, thank you, I'll make sure to check it out and potentially tell dad I need more highlighters for Christmas," She said and chuckled almost mischievously, before pulling them along, back to the hallway and up the stairs, she pointed out a bathroom on the way up and explained that there wasn't really all that much more to show them but that they had to come up to her room at least. She then mumbled something about that being what her makeup was.

"Is that a Maine coon," Samuel said as soon as they got into the room. Because there was a huge cream and grey cat laying on the pale pink floral sheets of Felicity's bed and it couldn't be any other kind of cat

"Yeees, He's the cutest," Felicity said excitedly and quickly headed over to grab the cat, "Hello, Momo, do you want to meet Susan's son?" She held the cat out for Samuel to carry instead and he gladly took the cat, Roman was more of a cat person than he but Samuel was excited as soon as there was an animal in the room, "He really likes her for some reason," Fliss added as an explanation.

The cat didn't squirm much and just settled for being held and getting some ear scratches and Samuel took the moment to look around the room. It was decorated in quite the girly fashion and was a little messy, the vanity was all covered with different kinds of makeup and there was a couple of tubes of lipsticks on the desk which already was covered in papers and different coloured gel pens. The floors were relatively free from stuff, save a rug and some cat toys. There was also a bookcase with a modest amount of books and a lot of cute little potted plants in it. The walls had a couple of posters which didn't really match the rest of the decor, Samuel didn't recognize what any of them was. Except for one, which he pointed out for Roman.

"Look,"

"You like Panic?" Fliss asked, seemingly very excited about this revelation.

r o m a n
"Ohmyfuckinggodacat," Roman gasped as it became apparent that there was a furry feline in the room. Roman stood beside Samuel and rubbed the beautiful animal's belly, gazing at the cat affectionately, deciding that Momo was lovely and perfect and beautiful and amazing and --

Roman looked up when Samuel pointed out the poster. "Yeah, I do," he said to Fliss, grinning widely.

"My personal favourite songs are Nearly Witches, Golden Days and The End of All Things," he continued, turning his gaze back to Momo the cat for a moment. "I mean, all their songs are beautiful and amazing and perfect but those three are my favourites. What are yours?"

"I really love Do You Know What I Am Seeing? and Vegas Lights is really good too. Ugh, I want a cute boyfriend who likes Panic and makeup too," She whined the last part and then turned to Samuel instead, "All the guys I know are total douche bags. How did you find him? What's your secret?"

Samuel was a little taken aback by the question but realised this girl just was quite extroverted and probably fairly confident with the way she was acting and talking with them as if the three of them had known each other for years, it was a little contrasting to her sweet appearance but worked for her.

"Detention. Ten out of ten would recommend, it's full of cute guys who like Panic and makeup," Samuel chuckled. Being there in Fliss' room felt a little more casual than trying to converse with her dad and he found himself relaxed enough to be able to not feel super awkward.

"Okay, so I'm totally getting detention on Monday but I'm also telling your mum you got detention, she and I are total bff's" Fliss joked and pulled over Roman to the vanity and pulled over another chair so they both could sit, Samuel decided to use the foot of the bed as a chair and just kept petting Momo who was purring softly in his arms.

"Can I do your highlighter?" Fliss asked Roman, already rummaging through the table for highlighters, "I don't have any fancy ones yet, cus I've been saving up to get nicer products for a good base first, because I don't want to murder my face with shitty foundation,"

r o m a n
Roman grinned a little and kissed his boyfriend on the top of the head. It was funny to remember how they had met in detention, how they had not liked each other very much and how they had both changed as people since then. Roman did not feel at all like the boy he had been when he was seventeen, and he was sure that Samuel felt even more different.

The tall boy let the blonde girl drag him over to the vanity and seat him in a chair, not really complaining, since it involved makeup and Roman loved makeup quite a lot. "Sure," he said with a small smile, watching as Felicity rummaged through her drawers in search of her highlighters.

In the meantime, he looked over at Samuel and tried to include him in the conversation so he didn't feel left out. It wouldn't be fair for Roman to run off and play with Fliss and leave him to fend for himself.

"How's life over there on the bed? How's Momo? Is he cuter than Malfoy?"

"Mmm… No one can top Malfoy but I am biased because he is our cat son, Momo is very cute as well," Samuel chuckled and gave Roman a small smile, he knew what he was doing and it was very sweet of him. Samuel had a tendency to get lost in the background of conversations, which he didn't really mind but it was also nice to be included like that in moments when he probably should be partaking more.

"Hold on, you guys have a cat named after Draco Malfoy, what the heck, that's cool," Fliss said as she found the highlighter she wanted and started dusting it along Roman's cheekbone, it was shifting in pink and golden tones and looked very pretty even from Samuel's spot on the bed.

"We also have a Rabbit named Lola and a dog named Lady, she's Spaniel" Fliss stopped up what she was doing completely and gave Samuel a disbelieving look.

"You're telling me this now?," She said in mock anger, "That's, like the first thing I would want to know? If our parents don't stay together I'm going to be so mad because I don't want to miss out on cute animals,"

She went back to fanning on the sparkly powder onto Roman's other cheek after that.

"You don't want them to stay together because you care about them being happy?" Samuel asked jokingly.

"Yeah that too, but honestly, cute pets are more important," Fliss joked back with a chuckle and grinned over at Samuel for a moment before finishing up the highlighter by putting some on Roman's cupid bow, a word Samuel only knew because Roman had mentioned it at some point, "Do you wear lipstick?"

r o m a n
"Cute pets are the most important," Roman clarified with a chuckle, before he had to quiet down a little bit so Felicity had an easier time putting the highlighter onto his skin. Roman loved doing makeup, but he loved having his own makeup done just as much. He savoured the feeling of the bristles brushing against his skin.

"Yeah, I wear lipstick a lot. I have over fifty lipsticks at home."
Roman was honestly kind of a lipstick junkie. Besides highlighter, it was his favourite type of makeup product and one he had no qualms with wearing alone. Most people would either wear a full face of makeup or none at all, but Roman would often just wear one or two products and rock it the entire day.

"Samuel, what's your favourite lipstick colour on me?" Roman asked coquettishly, batting his pretty eyelashes for his boyfriend and giving him a flirtatious smile.

Samuel chuckled a little and his cheeks felt just a tad warmer due to Roman's flirtatious tone and smile, they had been dating for years but Roman was gorgeous and Samuel would probably never stop feeling all warm and blushy when Roman did things like that.

He thought about the question for a moment, it wasn't like he had never reflected over what looks of Roman's was his favourite ever, Roman always looked stunning no matter what but there were, of course, colour choices he liked better than others, "I like purple when you go bolder and like light pinks when you go for the more natural looks,"

"I don't have any like, proper, purple ones, but I have this plum one," Fliss said and looked through the drawers until she dound what she was looking for again, a warm red-purple colour in a tube that resembled a lipgloss container, he had at some point been informed that that was a liquid lipstick, "And I have these two oft pink ones, and I also have this bright red one that would look nice with his outfit,"

She held all the lipsticks out for Samuel to see rather than for Roman, urging him to pick one for her to put on his boyfriend, successfully including him in the activity without even really knowing Samuel sometimes had a problem with that.

"I, uh," he clearly had no idea what he was supposed to base his choice on, but pointed towards one of the pink shades, it was warmer in the tone than the other pink one, "I like that one, it was the pink colour I meant,"

"Nice, I love this one," Fliss said, grabbed a thin brush and started applying the lipstick to Roman's lips with it rather than to just smear the entire lipstick onto his lips. Samuel had no idea why, makeup was a mystery to him.

They continued on like that, chatting idly while Fliss applied the lipstick and then went on to do Roman's eyebrows as well. They learnt that while Fliss was a very typical preppy teenage girl in many ways she was also very nerdy and they had a brief conversation about Harry Potter and then some more music both she and Roman liked apparently. Samuel decided that he definitely did like this girl.

Soon the pleasant smell of food reached the second floor and they got called down for dinner, suddenly Samuel felt kind of like more of a kid than he was again, but he didn't mind too much and they all just headed down to an already set table. Samuel sat down between Roman and his mum and Fliss was quick to sit down next to Roman.

"Here we go," Oliver said and carried over a huge pot over the table, "Tomato soup, simple but nice, and-" He quickly hurried back to the counter and came back with a little basket of bread before sitting down next to Susan "Freshly baked bread, you're all welcomed to dig in,"

r o m a n
Roman decided that he most definitely did like Fliss. She was nice and sweet and she had a lot in common not only with Roman but with Samuel too. That was important, seen as if Susan and Oliver stayed together, she was going to be Samuel's stepsister. Therefore, it was sort of imperative that they got along.

Dinner was served and Roman was starving. Luckily he soon found himself with a large bowl of tomato soup and several pieces of the crusty bread Oliver had prepared before him. "This smells absolutely delicious, Oliver," Roman complimented before he dipped his spoon into the bowl and dug in.

To no one's surprise, it was delicious.

"So what do you do, Oliver?" Roman inquired pleasantly. It seemed more like a question Samuel would be asking but he had no problem taking control of the conversation. He knew Samuel still felt a little awkward. Besides, he genuinely wanted to know.

"I'm an architect, there's nothing more fun than drawing houses," Oliver said in somewhat of a half joke.

It was something kind of artistic, something that took a little creativity. Samuel was starting to realise that Oliver was kind of the opposite of his dad. Oliver seemed like a warm person, who didn't take everything too seriously, plus he cooked, meaning he didn't care about reinforcing gender roles. It was kind of interesting to think about, and Samuel clearly wouldn't complain about it. Most of his father's traits had made him into a shitty person. Oliver's were kind of like Samuel felt a parent should be.

"That's cool," Samuel chimed in and dipped a piece he had torn from the bread in the soup and munched on it as he tried to think about what one would ask an architect, "What kind of houses?"

"Mostly just your average row houses and whatnot, nothing too interesting," Oliver gave Samuel a gentle smile, and Samuel wondered if he had noticed Samuel's awkwardness and had done it because of that or if he was the kind of person who ad reassuring smiles. Maybe Susan had told him.

"He drew this house," Fliss informed Samuel and Roman, "And I helped decorate it, I wanna be an interior designer when I get older,"

Everyone there was creative except for Samuel it seemed. They continued to talk a little about jobs, Samuel told them about his studies, Roman got to talk a little about his tattooing and Fliss demanded to see the tattoos they had. Susan even briefly mentioned relocating her shop up to Melbourne since all her family lived here now anyways, it probably had a little to do with Oliver as well.

Then finally they came to the question that was on everyone's mind. Or well, on Samuel and probably Roman's mind. Samuel had felt it was too weird to ask but Fliss had literally just brought it up by saying "Don't you want to know how they met?" to which Samuel had replied "Sure I guess," and glanced over at his mother to see if it was okay. She smiled first at Samuel and then at Oliver.

"They met on tinder," Fliss grinned mischievously, Samuel stared wide-eyed at her, "No I'm joking, dad is friends with your aunt,"

"Oh," that made more sense but was definitely more boring.

"He's been helping me getting the divorce sorted out, since he's been through it all before," Susan said carefully.

"Oh, okay," Samuel didn't know what to say to that and to anyone who didn't know it probably seemed like he was sad about his parents getting divorce rather than not knowing how to deal with the reminder of his dad, he glanced over at Roman as way to ask for help to move the conversation along, and to make himself feel a little less lost. Roman always made him feel better.

r o m a n
The topic moved away from jobs and creativity to the impending divorce of Susan and Manuel. Roman kicked a little soup off his lip and rubbed Samuel's knee under the table. This was clearly a sensitive subject for his boyfriend -- anything to do with his father was. Roman could understand that he didn't like to talk about it.

"Well, it's good you have someone to help you through it," Roman said politely and gently to Susan, still rubbing his boyfriend's knee.

Dinner passed by without any more mentions of Samuel's piece of shit father, and at the end of the meal, Roman, like always, silently volunteered to help clean up. "Thank you for dinner, Oliver, it was delicious," he said to the man as he stacked bowls without having to be asked. He wasn't trying to make a good impression, that was just how he was.

"Thank you, I'm always happy to have some new people to cook for," Oliver smiled at Roman, "You don't need to help though, you're a guest,"

"Oh he won't listen, he's always one to help out if he can," Susan chuckled and patted her son's boyfriend a little on the back, Samuel liked how his mother actually kind of knew Roman well enough by now to know what kind of person he was, seeing as there had been one point in time where it had been hard to see their relationship as anything other than strained, "Unlike, someone,"

Susan mouthed Samuel's name.

"I Don't know where anything's supposed to be?" Samuel defended himself from where he still sat at the table with Fliss.

"Neither does Roman, but he's still doing it, do you let him do all the cooking and washing dishes at home too?" Susan said somewhat sternly and Samuel gave her a look of disbelief because it was so typically her to say things like that while other people were there.

"I help with dishes sometimes, and I do other stuff instead of the cooking," Samuel insisted, it was the truth, they tried to split up all their chores evenly, "You know I can't cook, you didn't even let me cook for myself unless you were home when I was younger,"

"It's okay, kid, Fliss can't cook either,"

"Dad!" Fliss said angrily and both Oliver and Susan laughed a little at their kids' incapability to prepare a simple meal for themselves.

Soon thereafter it was time for Samuel and Roman to leave, it was already pretty late and while they surely could have spent some more time just chatting and getting to know each other it was probably better for another day because this much getting to know new people had left Samuel a little tired and he kind of just wanted to go home and cuddle with Roman before going to sleep.

They said their goodbyes and were told they were welcome back whenever, Fliss had them all exchange numbers and add her on Snapchat, Susan gave them each a hug because she was staying over, and then Samuel and Roman was out the door.

They walked in silence to the car and once they sat down Samuel let out a small but happy sigh, "I really like them,"

r o m a n
"I really like them too," Roman said.

Oliver was a lovely man and Fliss was a delightful girl. They were both nice, friendly people who Roman could easily see himself getting along with for an extended period of time. And, Susan definitely deserved someone like Oliver. She deserved a kind and good-hearted man to help her heal from the wounds left by her ex-husband.

And Samuel deserved, more than anything, happiness. A positive father figure could help him attain that.

Roman started to drive and soon they were on their way home. He reached over and took his boyfriend's hand, resting both of their hands on the centre console. He smiled at Samuel.

"I'm glad your mum is happy, and I love you. So I hope Oliver and Fliss make you happy as well."

After three long years, Samuel had finally and officially graduated from University. He had a teachers degree and was ready to get out there and finally get a proper job as a teacher, he wasn't stupid and knew it might take a while but the point was that he could and would do it.

But first, they would celebrate.

While Samuel usually didn't really like things that celebrated himself he had decided to put that away for that day and had let Roman plan out a fun, but still kind of small party. There was also the small fact that it technically wasn't Samuel only that was graduating, Gabi was too, and while Matthew was going to go back to university next year to work towards his master's degree he had been graduating from his three-year history course that day too. So, Roman and Elissa had come to pick up the three in Roman's car and drive them to Samuel and Roman's apartment where the event would be held.

"I'm gonna have to leave in a bit because my parents have invited over my relatives to celebrate," Gabi said happily from her spot in the backseat next to Mathew, who was seated between her and his girlfriend, "But I demand to have food and pet your animals first,"

"That's very relatable of you," Matthew said somewhat drily.

"I am a very relatable person, right? Yes? Everyone agrees," Samuel chuckled a little at his friend's decision that this was how everyone in the car felt, she could be silly sometimes, "Will there be cake? Is this a cake type of celebration, or is it a fancy bite-sized version of regular foods kind of celebration?"

She asked Roman this of course, it was a known fact that Samuel wasn't allowed in the kitchen and that Roman was the one of them who actually planned out these party type things.

r o m a n
Roman was so immensely proud of Samuel. After three years of working hard, battling mental illness and overcoming every obstacle that got in his way, he was finally graduating university with his teaching degree. Soon he would be living his dream of working as a full-time teacher and Roman could not have been happier for his boyfriend.

Matthew and Gabi were also graduating with their own degrees, so Roman and Elissa had decided to plan them a party to celebrate. So they had kicked Samuel out of the apartment and enlisted help from London and Evan to decorate the apartment. Now, they were driving back there with the three graduates in the car. Roman gave Gabi a look in the mirror.

"Gabi. Sweetie. Do I look like someone who would serve bite-sized versions of normal food at a party? That's totally Elissa."

The lovely Irish girl feigned a look of the deepest offence but chuckled nonetheless.

Soon they were back at Roman and Samuel's apartment, the rails of the stairs to which had been adored in streamers in colours of the university the three had graduated from. When they made it into the actual apartment, they would find that the living and kitchen area had been decorated in the same streamers, with helium balloons lining the ceiling and plates of cupcakes, tarts, slices and brownies, all decorated in the university colours. The actual cake was sitting on the bench -- three tiers, covered in fondant, decorated in the same colours as the room.

Evan and London were there with Allison, as were Elliot and Matilda -- Blake and Bella had had their own graduation that evening, so they were unable to come to the party. Everyone looked up when the door opened and gave the three graduates a round of applause that Roman and Elissa happily joined in on. Roman took Samuel's hand and lead him over to the snack table, where he pressed a brownie into his hand and a kiss to his lips.

"I'm so proud of you," he murmured.

Meanwhile, Elissa was twirling a strand of hair around her finger and looking at Matthew curiously. "Do you like it?"

Samuel responded to Roman's expression of how proud he was with a bright smile and another kiss. He wasn't about to say it out loud because that would make him feel incredibly narcissistic but he was honestly very proud of himself too. He had made it, studied hard and graduated, and he was especially proud of this last year, because it had been a rough one.

"Of course," Matthew replied to his girlfriend, he and Elissa were also standing by the snack table. Gabi wasn't standing by it, she had grabbed a plate to be able to hold all the different kinds of blue and white coloured baked goods as she apparently wanted everything at once, "I love it"

He placed a sweet kiss on Elissa's lips. Samuel would have considered it adorable, but they both felt too classy for that adjective.

"You know that's kind of an indirect compliment for Roman because they both helped with it all," Samuel interrupted their moment for some much-needed teasing. Matthew and Roman was on much better terms at this point, sure they occasionally butted heads in a way that clearly wasn't meant to be fun and playful like with Roman and Evan, but mostly they got on and Samuel felt like long enough time had passed to be able to tease Matthew about Roman related things.

"Hah!" Came Gabi's voice, it was muffled by a brownie.

Samuel just chuckled at Matthew's offended expression and munched on the brownie Roman had given him, it was very delicious and Samuel decided to not be boring today and just have however much unhealthy and sugary things he wanted. Which probably wasn't going to be too much, but still.

Samuel grabbed a cupcake and headed over to eat it on the couch, their other guest had also headed over to the snack table to finally get to taste some of the snacks, so, Samuel and Roman had plenty of places to sit on the couch. The first other people to join them were Matilda and Elliot.

"Congratulations on graduating!" Matilda chirped and reached out to place a sticker on Samuel's cheeks, "All graduates get one! But Matthew didn't seem to appreciate it too much,"

Matilda didn't seem to care too much about that and just happily sat down with her boyfriend, and continue to eat the tart she had already started on.

r o m a n
"I thought your sticker was very cute," Elliot reassured his girlfriend as he draped an arm around her shoulders. God, they were so cute.

Clearly they weren't the kind of young adults to party by blasting loud music and dancing around like idiots. They were all fine with sitting, eating snacks and talking about random topics. They were still all together, with friends, and that was what was important.

Elissa seated Matthew in an armchair and then sat in his lap, her long tanned legs crossed, ending in beautiful white heeled shoes. London and Evan sat on the floor with their daughter, London helping Allison break up her cookie and dip it in her glass of milk. Roman settled in beside his boyfriend, sighing in contentedness.

He decided to be nice and try to engage Matthew in some pleasant conversation. "So what are you going to do after you get your masters? Like, will you be a history professor or something?" he inquired. Elissa was very gently running her long fingers through her boyfriend's hair as she waited for his reply.

"Well yeah? Maybe? Depending on what things look like at that point in time I might want to get a doctors degree in it too, I used to be pretty hell-bent on it," He glanced over at Elissa, "But I don't know, plans change,"

He shrugged and Gabi came and poked Matthew's cheek, "Nah he's totally gonna become an author, also these cupcakes are fantastic,"

Matthew didn't even have time to protest before Gabi had moved said the part of the cupcakes. Or maybe he didn't care, based on the way he just kind of bashfully smiled at his girlfriend Samuel suspected maybe they had talked about it at some point.

"Say what you want about him but Roman stupidly good at baking," Evan said, just like how Gabi's voice had been Evan's voice was slightly muffled due to being stuffed with food. Samuel sure knew how to pick his friends, "That's a compliment but only because I want to be on your good side and so you'll let me take leftovers home,"

"I'll sneak you some later if he doesn't let you have them, unless you have eaten all of it by then,"