RWBY Fanon: The Lonely Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Don't worry about it," Sam uttered quietly.

She realized that, every passing moment, the mood for her grew more and more awkward holding Minori in her arms like so, which prompted the 'black-clad valkyrie' to proffer setting her down. Regardless what followed, there was a contemplative look to Guinn's face for a second or so before she would speak, "I... don't mind? I doubt they'd let us anyway."

This one had the penchant for talking a bit. Not that Sam had an issue with it, it just meant she'd probably have to come out of her shell more frequently than she'd hoped for. Alas, she'd live with it having suffered worse. She totally didn't miss being called handsome, leading to Sam's burgeoning curiosity. In any case, Minori Pendragon seemed truly kind and polite; such was the impression Sam had gotten from her a while ago in her observations. Those of which were confirmed now in her brief, if abrupt, interaction. Not a bad choice in partner, Sam thought.

"I think bottom is best too," Sam gave her two cents and looked to the other, allowing her the opportunity to descend first. Considering that she needed to retrieve her weapon first before following.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Cliff

Minori scoffed and put a hand to their chest as they frowned. "Wait, you mean this rescue from my own incompetence doesn't include you chauffeuring me to the bottom? That'll knock a star off my review" they said with a tut and a glare that dissolved into an amused grin as they let themselves be put down to balance lightly on the far end of Gae Bolg's shaft. "See you at the bottom then, partner. I'll be sure to suck at least forty percent less when we get there." they said with a small salute before they leaned backwards off their footing into a fall.

They twisted in air and slammed their sword into the side of the cliff at an angle. Sparks flew as it dug into the rock, but apparently said rock was only going to slow the sword instead of stop it completely, and Minori rode it the rest of the way down the cliffside barring anything ridiculous happening en route

@Indolent @Ringmaster @york @Michale CS @Cliff​

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

Her laughter boomed as she soared through the air, the feeling of the whiplash of wind blowing her hair and hood back was beyond exhilarating. Some would find it terrifying, others would find it dull, still others would find it just normal, but this is exciting. Life is 20% what happens to you and 80% how you respond. And right now, her response to being made into a human projectile was just loud laughter, enjoying this way more than she should have.

Starting to descend close to a foggy condensed forest, Celadon inhaled...and then let loose with a fierce roar to clear away some of the obscuring fog. With enough of that out of the way, she grinned and thrust her armored forearms in front of her face, just crashing straight through a tree.

And right through another...three more before she finally grinded to a halt. When the dust cleared, she sat casually perched on one of the shattered tree trunks, her blade hefted up against her shoulder. "Can we do that again?" Rhetorical question directed to no one in particular. Celadon turned to the side, spitting out onto the ground before rising up.

"To finding partners! And..." She fished inside her pocket for the destination she had been given.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster @The Tactician @forest​
"..."

Ella very pointedly avoided eye contact with the only other person to have seemingly landed nearby so far, and quietly leaped up into in the branches of the trees. The branch she landed on was a sturdy one near the trunk, but it still sagged slightly beneath her weight as she studied the rest of their surroundings

@C.T. @Forest group @Ringmaster

Minori was in a predicament

They'd walked onto the bridge deep in thought, though attentive to Kringle and Gard when they spoke. But apart from that, eyes were slightly unfocused as they stared at the ground, then snapped up on occasion to study one if their classmates intently until the cycle repeated itself a few times.

Then the bridge suddenly upended itself beneath them like the world's most ridiculous catapult (which is what it was) and send them flying into the air. The yelp Minori made wasn't exactly that befitting of the eloquent and well trained guardsman they'd been up to that point, and their arms flailed slightly while they spun through the air. They growled and did their best to control their fall better, and once they finally righted themselves into a more straightforward dive of a flight-

A cliff. They were flying right towards a cliff face.

The look on Minori's own face was briefly shocked before it faded to a resigned wince as they pulled their sword out in a fluid draw and prepared for what was sure to not be a fluid impact, then hopefully hook themselves onto the cliffside with their blade so that they didn't get a repeat performance on the ground below.

They did their best not to scream, but seriously this was gonna hurt :T

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAHHH-"

@Ringmaster @Indolent @york @Michale CS
In the here and now, Sam made every effort to maintain a low profile among her peers, exacting postures within her dark outfit to reduce visibility as much as was possible, compounded with the stealthy loitering wherever she went. This persisted, at the groups' rear. Seemingly misanthropic in her shy way, it seemed the young woman went to great lengths to diminish any shape or form of visual contact, let alone verbal. However, Samantha's presence did not exactly match what one might associate with that particular sort-- rather for all the subterfuge, Guinn carried in herself a palpable sense of pride and capability. It too exuded the impression of loneliness, in the vein of sorrow and pain. It reflected best in her eyes, as if there were a dark haze over her at all times.

Some people may have seen just literally that about her person for inexplicable reasons.

Guinness was present for the assault on Geat Village by the Grimm, though she relegated herself to the background, helping those in need over eliminating the Grimm threat. There had been, and would always be, a specific reason for her course of action prioritizing innocent lives. She momentarily flashed back to the attack when the headmistress made mention of it, remembering keenly in detail every move she'd taken. Each was an extension of her desire to see no further bloodshed; such was part of a hunter's duty, a facet she took to heart more than any other. Perhaps obsessively so.

A grim look to Sammy's face corporealized, with the biting of her lower lip in anticipation of what was to come. Not her first rodeo per se given her brief matriculation into Beacon Academy. The procedure herein out would not be different. Too much anyhow. The premise was the same, if dangerous. The final result of it meant she'd have a team, new with fresh faces. Another partner...

None of that would absolve what she felt toward her last team and partner, the sense of loss that grew every moment she dwelt upon it. It wouldn't replete what she'd lost, fill in the emptiness. Not entirely. She could only move forward, if only to get her mind off it briefly. It probably would have been what they'd wanted.

In the brief time she'd been here, she'd already grown fond of Headmaster Kringle and his daughter. Of the wolves. Of some the others, whom she'd watched from afar in her usual fashion. She had long since considered who would become her friends throughout her stay here, who'd become her team. Who their mentors would be.

Well, she'd find out today. Partially unfocused thanks to her thoughts, Samantha Guinness nevertheless was composed well enough to traverse the breadth of the gate to the other side, grasping firmly a crimson spear that seemingly materialized from her person. Gáe Bolg, a family heirloom she treasured dearly as both companion and weapon; nothing eased her better than its warm presence. Good thing too, the secret nature of the bridge acting as a catapult had caught her off guard by a fair margin.

For whatever bizarre reason, there was a slight smile now in place of her dark look earlier, "...That's kind of cool," she murmured to herself, her words barely audible and easily lost in the winds.

Truth be told, there was no other place that Sammy Guinn felt more at home than in the air. Especially when the surrounding terrain resembled that of her home kingdom, Mistral, and its wind scarred cliffs save for the snow. The cold air passed through her leather jacket, flushing across her body with a familiar sensation as she took a deep breath. It was a wholesome intake of oxygen, one that invigorated the huntress in all her faculties. A second or two later, Sam realized she'd closed shut her eyes in the act, and opened them promptly as she prepared for descent. The cliff faces would pose no true threat, if the banks of snow would be kind to her.

Her confidence was at a high... until she'd scanned the skies for her fellow warriors, determining who'd been sent along with her to this particular field. She'd see three others, their names she hadn't fully gotten a handle on, with one in dire straits from the looks of things. Reading Minori's body language swiftly, Sammy determined her fellow huntress had little to no experience when it came to dealing with the cliffs. Especially with that approach she'd taken, which was recipe for disaster considering Guinness's own experience o.e.

Which prompted the thunderous boom that signified Gáe Bolg's flight, accompanied with the streak of red heralding its oncoming approach. Sent ahead for further down the cliff's face, the spear would find purchase with veritable ease as it embedded deeply into place, acting an impromptu foothold. Meanwhile, Sam had tucked every appendage of her body in tight, slimming her frame in the air to achieve maximum velocity to reach Pendragon with all alacrity.

Now it wasn't only Minori that was visibly wincing-- Sam would too as she realized that it would be a close call even for her and so she mentally willed forth the fortitude to withstand the impact. The maneuver was foolhardy even for her. But it had to be done.

Soon as Sam reached her, Minori would have found herself unceremoniously grabbed in a nigh bridal style with Guinness acrobatically twisting in place mid-air to stick the landing against the cliffs with her legs, the brunt of impact passing through... and dissipating swiftly as she maintained a modicum of momentum, sprinting down the cliff-side for Gáe Bolg. Soon as she reached it, Guinness would slip off and onto the spear's shaft with easy movement, the momentum from earlier having bled off. That was when she would finally breathe, take a pause, and, with surprising balance, dare to broker the question inside a swift glance.

"Are you okay?" She quietly inquired, looking over the other situated awkwardly in her arms with an equally awkward expression.

"-AAAAHHHHHWHyawhu?"

Minori tensed as they were snatched out of the air but kept their instincts in check once she realized it was human arms and not Nevermore claws that had them in their grasp. There wasn't much else they could do after that except make themselves as small as possible to ease whoever this was' attempts to keep Minori aloft. There was a jolt when they hit the rock face but far from the rock and aura cracking impact they were prepared for, and Minori used the few seconds they had in the strangers arms to calm themself and reassess. When they'd slid to a stop and landed on the spear, they looked up with a bright opened eyed smile and nodded.
"It'd be rude of me not to be after some black clad valkyrie just came flying to my rescue, so yes, I'm fine. Thank you for that, by the way." They said before they peered downward at the expanse below, then up the cliff itself.

"... While I'm fine with it given your impessive display, we can pretend that eye contact didn't happen if you'd like considering my lesss than so one." They finally said with a wry grin back towards Sammy. "I promise I'm usually much more competent though. When I'm not being flung at cliffs at projectile speeds and being the damsel in distress to some handsome stranger. Up or down from here, you think?" They said with another pair of glances in both directions "Up's closer, but I'm not sure how well anyone else who got flung this way might have fared so... maybe down, so we can help anyone who fared not so well?"

@Indolent @Cliff
"Don't worry about it," Sam uttered quietly.

She realized that, every passing moment, the mood for her grew more and more awkward holding Minori in her arms like so, which prompted the 'black-clad valkyrie' to proffer setting her down. Regardless what followed, there was a contemplative look to Guinn's face for a second or so before she would speak, "I... don't mind? I doubt they'd let us anyway."

This one had the penchant for talking a bit. Not that Sam had an issue with it, it just meant she'd probably have to come out of her shell more frequently than she'd hoped for. Alas, she'd live with it having suffered worse. She totally didn't miss being called handsome, leading to Sam's burgeoning curiosity. In any case, Minori Pendragon seemed truly kind and polite; such was the impression Sam had gotten from her a while ago in her observations. Those of which were confirmed now in her brief, if abrupt, interaction. Not a bad choice in partner, Sam thought.

"I think bottom is best too," Sam gave her two cents and looked to the other, allowing her the opportunity to descend first. Considering that she needed to retrieve her weapon first before following.

Minori scoffed and put a hand to their chest as they frowned. "Wait, you mean this rescue from my own incompetence doesn't include you chauffeuring me to the bottom? That'll knock a star off my review" they said with a tut and a glare that dissolved into an amused grin as they let themselves be put down to balance lightly on the far end of Gae Bolg's shaft. "See you at the bottom then, partner. I'll be sure to suck at least forty percent less when we get there." they said with a small salute before they leaned backwards off their footing into a fall.

They twisted in air and slammed their sword into the side of the cliff at an angle. Sparks flew as it dug into the rock, but apparently said rock was only going to slow the sword instead of stop it completely, and Minori rode it the rest of the way down the cliffside barring anything ridiculous happening en route

Ervin Douglas
@Indolent @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Michale CS
@Cliff

Welp, somewhere below where Minori was descending down the cliffside, Ervin had just about finished his sandwich and prepared to descend slowly by turning his twinblade right back into the twin furies. Judging from a distant scream he had heard coming from somewhere above him, he figured that by now, those that hadn't made it uptop or latched onto the cliffside like he had, would be down below. So he was preparing to sloowly, and meticulously descend the cliffside.

Unfortunately, everything didn't quite go according to plan, as someone came sliding down towards him with their blade embedded into the mountainside.

"Hey! Watch i-...!" He started to call.

Unfortunately before he got a chance to finish his sentence, he was kicked clean in the face by both of Minori's feet as she descende the mountainside. This quickly sent him flying backwards off the cliff face, with the impact having knocked his blades loose... And well, sent Ervin plumetting at an alarmingly fast rate down towards the ground somewhere below.

"... Guess I was going down anyways..." He muttered under his breath.

Noting that he had already been planning a... Downwards trip anyways, he figured he'd make the best of it, trying to dig his blades into the cliff face again at just the right time to slow himself down a few feet before he hit the ground. Or at least this was what he had planned, discounting the possibility of someone catching him at some point on his way down.

Ervin Douglas
@Cliff

Welp, somewhere below where Minori was descending down the cliffside, Ervin had just about finished his sandwich and prepared to descend slowly by turning his twinblade right back into the twin furies. Judging from a distant scream he had heard coming from somewhere above him, he figured that by now, those that hadn't made it uptop or latched onto the cliffside like he had, would be down below. So he was preparing to sloowly, and meticulously descend the cliffside.

Unfortunately, everything didn't quite go according to plan, as someone came sliding down towards him with their blade embedded into the mountainside.

Unfortunately before he got a chance to finish his sentence, he was kicked clean in the face by both of Minori's feet as she descende the mountainside. This quickly sent him flying backwards off the cliff face, with the impact having knocked his blades loose... And well, sent Ervin plumetting at an alarmingly fast rate down towards the ground somewhere below.

Noting that he had already been planning a... Downwards trip anyways, he figured he'd make the best of it, trying to dig his blades into the cliff face again at just the right time to slow himself down a few feet before he hit the ground. Or at least this was what he had planned, discounting the possibility of someone catching him at some point on his way down.
"What in the-"

They had literally just looked down here. Twice! To avoid exactly this! Minori huffed and rolled their eyes as the yanked the sword out of the cliff side and twisted to point themselves downward. "Note to self, apparently animation semblances also can make you invisible"

They pushed off the cliff to rocket themselves downward into a dive, snag the unfortunate Ervin into a hug, and roll them both over into the air to slam Clarent back into the cliffside to let them both slide down instead, albiet a bit faster than before. They gritted their teeth briefly from the effort and the shock it put on their arms, but once their slide was controlled they glanced over at Ervin and gave a bright smile "Hello again!"

@york @Ringmaster @Michale CS @Indolent @Cliff party​

The night had been a long one, undoubtedly. Not that that was really anything of note, at this point- for Midna, it was mere fact for near every eve. Dark eyes remained open while others slept, keeping alert and vigilant. Just in case. After all, you could never be too careful. Better safe than sorry, as the saying went. But I suppose this is just pointless rambling- point was, the young woman really should have slept more than a few blinks here and there considering what she and the others had ahead of them, but she didn't. Tsk, tsk. At least she was used to nights like this and could function on fairly little sleep.

Come morning, she rose with the sun, starting her morning off with quickly dressing herself more appropriately(tank top and baggy pants to assure her tail remained concealed, not the best choice) and tending to more mundane tasks such as brushing her teeth and the like. Little time was necessary for her to be completely ready for the day, and then it was off to patiently wait for departure time, just as soon as she maybe grabbed a small bite to ea--

"Gooooooood morning!!!"

"!!!"

A wide-eyed Midna nearly fell to the floor with surprise at the sudden exclamation, not possessing even a quarter of the excitement the owner of the voice so obviously did as she danced around the room, laughing with ears happily twitching about. Midna had to wonder as her heart hammered in her chest, just where the hell the white tiger Faunus got so much energy.

It was going to be a long day.

------

Half of one of those wrapped sandwiches later(or, in Mona's case, two and a half), two Faunus had joined the group in the hall, both ready for whatever challenges they knew they were to face. Only, they had very different demeanors about them. One still excitedly bouncing up and down, smiling broadly and sticking as close as physically possible to the others, while the other remained more serious and maintained some distance. Though the latter did feel herself relax just a tad upon sight of the wolf, Baldr. Animals always were more comforting to her than people. No judgement, discrimination, or hatred... Just life, and it's cycle. The world turning beneath their feet.

Too bad this whole team thing didn't consist of working with and partnering with animals.

Admittedly, the whole idea of being put into teams and partnerships as was described by Miss Gard was.... uncomfortable, to say the least, for Midna. She wasn't a people person. She always seemed to find some way to mess up when with people, to slip and say or do the wrong thing at the wrong time. Not without good intention, of course, it just sort of happened. If her minor struggle with Morgan and less than delicate way of handling her surprise upon meeting the other girl wasn't proof enough. But she digressed, she had no choice in the matter and it was time to go. There'd be time to pray to the gods that she didn't screw up later.

As the doors opened, and the cold hit her like a train, Midna welcomed it's embrace. It was difficult to keep from scoffing lightly when they were all informed of the high fatality rate of what they were about to do, but she managed, clutching her dark cloak lightly as her other hand gently found the outline of Lunar Eclipse. If any of them had intended to turn back, they would have by now. At least, that was the way she saw it. Besides, there was a danger to everything in this day and age. A possibility of death at every turn, injury even in broad daylight. It was best to be well trained and prepared and to face the danger and threats head first than to sit back in a false security and wait to be killed.

So it was as soon as Gard called out that Midna took off, not once looking back. Even the sounds of the gates closing behind didn't earn a glance. So it was probably at least somewhat unsurprising that she didn't seem at all fazed when she was launched into the air among the others, her hands immediately reaching for and whipping out her weapon. In it's flamethrower form, Lunar Eclipse shot off behind Midna's form as she soared through the air. Keen eyes narrowed as she briefly propelled herself through the air with the force of flames, scouring the land beneath her. Weapon folding away into it's sickle form, the blonde somersaulted through the air, hooking one sickle briefly on an overhanging tree branch and flipping off of it from there, landing in a neat crouch. With only a moment's pause, she slowly rose to her feet, brushing herself off and looking around.

Just in time to see some other girl floating down the river on a drifting piece of ice.

"..."

And to her luck, it wasn't one of the talkative crazy-seeming ones. Thank goodness, looked like she wouldn't have to worry about trying to keep up conversation. But then, maybe that wasn't a great thing after all. ...Aww, whatever. In any case, she just stood and watched awkwardly, uncertain just what to say to Aven. Until suddenly, it hit her! A pure stroke of genius!

"...Hello."

Nailed it.

@C.T. @Ringmaster @Riverbank​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
"Myeh... Myeh.... Myeh......"

Any who paid close enough attention would be able to notice small noises coming from Mona as she slept through the night, as well as little twitches here and there of her ears. And, well, most obviously? The fact that she snuggled up to whatever soul had happened to be closest to her and slept right up against them with no sense of personal space. Jeez, so it looked like she had no sense of it even when she was sound asleep. And speaking of being sound asleep, all of a sudden, she wasn't anymore. In less than the blink of an eye, she had vanished away from whomever she'd been curled up against, seemingly having vanished altogether. But seconds later, the rather lively lady had popped back up again, quite literally bouncing off of the walls. Laughing and cheering, she already seemed to have all the energy in the world despite how early in the morning it was.

"Good morning, everyone~! Haha, gooooooood morning!" There was a pause and, still smiling, she began making rounds to check up on everyone. "Did you all sleep well? I know I did! Oh, today is going to be so great. It's going to be so much fun. I can't wait to see who's team I'm on! And... And... And...."

Good thing they left pretty quickly.

Unlike Midna, Mona struggled a little more with paying attention to everything that Gard said. Her eyes were wandering pretty much everywhere, her mind and thoughts bouncing all over the place and her levels of excitement too high to really focus on anything. How could she? It was all just so exciting! Surely she wasn't the only one who couldn't really focus, right? Right? Aw, who cared if she was the only one or not? Regardless, it was totally logical. Besides, she caught bits and pieces. The important stuff. Location was in her pocket, first person she saw after landing would be her partner, she and whoever her teammates wound up being- and everyone else -would totes be bffls... And, a bit that Gard hadn't included but she recalled someone else once telling her; don't die!

She had this in the bag!

...So much so that she nearly missed it when Gard told them to move out. With a small oof, pushed forward by those around her, Mona tumbled forward before falling into a run. Laughter broke from her lips, her run turning into a cheerful skip. And from there? ...Backwards skipping! Wait. What?

Yes, Mona Creum was skipping backwards, laughing and waving to all of the others. "Hahaha, bye guys! Buh-bye! Good luck! Have fun! See ya in th--" And, perfectly timed, she was launched into the air, the rest of her words lost to the wind. But rather than scream, squeal, cry or anything of the like, she laughed even more. Arms and legs fanned out, Mona cheerfully soared through the air, relishing the feeling of the cold air on her ears and blowing through her hair. "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" she cheered, letting herself free fall for a short while before flipping out Night Tearer. As she fell towards the ground, the Faunus slammed her fans towards each other, causing a mighty gust before forming the weapon back into it's shield state. Quickly, said shield was placed beneath her feet, where she grinned wider and whooped as she hit the ground, bouncing a few times before she landed steadily, sledding downhill. "Woooohooo!"

Sledding back and forth with surprising skill for someone who seemed so klutzy, Mona continued to laugh through her descent down the hill.. Only for her to notice something as she headed down. Oh, was that...? Could it be....? "Hahaha, loooook outtttttt!" she called to the figure, but she was already much too close for that warning to cut it. Still smiling as bright as ever, she hopped off of Night Tearer, leaping right at the unfortunate male in a forceful tacklehug one wouldn't think would be possible for someone of her rather petite size. The force knocked the poor male over, with both of them tumbling through the snow, Mona still laughing all the while. Even as they slowed to a stop, with her atop of him, she smiled and giggled softly. Snow danced through her tiger ears and black hair, her face slightly red from the cold as she rested her chin on Cillian's chest through the tacklehug.

"...Heya, Cillian!" she greeted. "Hehe, wow, I guess we're partners, huh?"

At least it was hard to get mad at that dorky little face. :|

@Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
"...Hello."
Aven didn't reply for a few moments, just staring right back as she slowly and awkwardly drifted along the water. "...Hi."
"..."

Ella very pointedly avoided eye contact with the only other person to have seemingly landed nearby so far, and quietly leaped up into in the branches of the trees. The branch she landed on was a sturdy one near the trunk, but it still sagged slightly beneath her weight as she studied the rest of their surroundings

@C.T. @Forest group @Ringmaster
"YOU DARE AVOID THE EYES OF JUSTICE?!"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

"I can live with a four star review," Sam remarked, her fairly neutral expression transforming into a slight smirk as she once more checked her surroundings out of habit, "I'll see you."

Her eyes were peeled skyward out of curiosity and once the weight burdening Gae Bolg decremented via vibrational cues, Sammy peered downward, watching briefly... before she stepped off the crimson shaft. In an instant, the huntress's right hand shot out to clasp the weapon's worn handle, effectively swinging Samantha toward the cliff's face as she willed a shadowy force into her legs. Boot soles met stone and it was then Guinness exploded into action, jumping off with Gae Bolg well in hand, it tearing out chunks of rock in the act.

Once more, Sammy Guinn found herself in a free-fall and...​

Ervin Douglas
@Cliff

"What in the-"

They had literally just looked down here. Twice! To avoid exactly this! Minori huffed and rolled their eyes as the yanked the sword out of the cliff side and twisted to point themselves downward. "Note to self, apparently animation semblances also can make you invisible"

They pushed off the cliff to rocket themselves downward into a dive, snag the unfortunate Ervin into a hug, and roll them both over into the air to slam Clarent back into the cliffside to let them both slide down instead, albiet a bit faster than before. They gritted their teeth briefly from the effort and the shock it put on their arms, but once their slide was controlled they glanced over at Ervin and gave a bright smile "Hello again!"

... she found herself perplexed by the scenario that unfolded passing by, a brow definitely quirked upwards. Her new partner ran into another situation almost immediately, prompting a sympathetic murmur on Sammy's part. Whatever the case as it were, she would likely be made privy to it once they got to the bottom, seeing that she beat Pendragon there evidently.

Speaking of, she stuck the landing quite excellently with a display showcasing her experience in the form of utilizing the spear to transfer the momentum into the cliff before departing with finality in a somersault.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @MichaleCS @Cliff

David paused as he looked at his new surroundings. There was no telling that an abandoned homestead was any place like a home. There was so much that could go wrong here. He doubted that this choice was random, he was almost positive that everything had been calculated. It was how Hunters and Hunteress were made. He quietly looked around, purposely looking at the ground. Don't look someone in the eye, don't have be their partners. This however would only worked if he was never addressed. " Keep your head down, don't lose sight of the goal and remain calm," he said, walking through the small homestead.

@Hospes @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster @Homestead

"What in the-"

"I can live with a four star review," Sam remarked, her fairly neutral expression transforming into a slight smirk as she once more checked her surroundings out of habit, "I'll see you."

Her eyes were peeled skyward out of curiosity and once the weight burdening Gae Bolg decremented via vibrational cues, Sammy peered downward, watching briefly... before she stepped off the crimson shaft. In an instant, the huntress's right hand shot out to clasp the weapon's worn handle, effectively swinging Samantha toward the cliff's face as she willed a shadowy force into her legs. Boot soles met stone and it was then Guinness exploded into action, jumping off with Gae Bolg well in hand, it tearing out chunks of rock in the act.

Once more, Sammy Guinn found herself in a free-fall and...​

... she found herself perplexed by the scenario that unfolded passing by, a brow definitely quirked upwards. Her new partner ran into another situation almost immediately, prompting a sympathetic murmur on Sammy's part. Whatever the case as it were, she would likely be made privy to it once they got to the bottom, seeing that she beat Pendragon there evidently.

Speaking of, she stuck the landing quite excellently with a display showcasing her experience in the form of utilizing the spear to transfer the momentum into the cliff before departing with finality in a somersault.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Michale CS @Cliff​
Ervin Douglas
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Michale CS @Ringmaster @Cliff?

Looks like things rarely ever went as planned with Ervin Douglas, perhaps this was just a looong streak of bad luck, all topped off with him having been a little too... Stealthy up there on the cliff, coupled with his natural tendency to be... Shall we say overlooked. Had he acted sooner though, instead of slowly finishing his sandwich, he probably could have avoided this alltogether.

All the same, during his worryingly fast tumble off the cliff face, as he prepared to calculate the rough time which he should try and dig his blades into the cliffside again... He felt himself suddenly being pulled into a hug, plucked out of the air. The immense force of this probably would have caused some serious injuries had it not been for his... Savior's aura, but that term would have to be used a bit loosely in this case.

Turns out that the person who had caught him had been the same one that had run into him a few moments ago, as literally as it gets, but all the same, it saved him a good deal of trouble, from a more logical standpoint. Unfortunately, Ervin didn't quite seem to think of it like that.

"... Hi..." He said quietly, averting his gaze a little.

Well, at least she wasn't bad company, and... Overall, wasn't too unlike his flamboyant aunt, but, he couldn't help but feel like his ego was a little bruised, seeing as all that planning he had done during his descent had sorta gone to waste. While he was fully aware that he only really had a slim chance of pulling it off so that he wouldn't end up dead, or at least close to it at the speed he was falling... If he had managed to pull it off, admittedly, it probably would have looked at least a little cool.

Plus, it was a little embarassing to be... Held like this.

To say the least, this was a rather... New experience for him.​

Ervin Douglas
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Michale CS @Ringmaster @Cliff?

Looks like things rarely ever went as planned with Ervin Douglas, perhaps this was just a looong streak of bad luck, all topped off with him having been a little too... Stealthy up there on the cliff, coupled with his natural tendency to be... Shall we say overlooked. Had he acted sooner though, instead of slowly finishing his sandwich, he probably could have avoided this alltogether.

All the same, during his worryingly fast tumble off the cliff face, as he prepared to calculate the rough time which he should try and dig his blades into the cliffside again... He felt himself suddenly being pulled into a hug, plucked out of the air. The immense force of this probably would have caused some serious injuries had it not been for his... Savior's aura, but that term would have to be used a bit loosely in this case.

Turns out that the person who had caught him had been the same one that had run into him a few moments ago, as literally as it gets, but all the same, it saved him a good deal of trouble, from a more logical standpoint. Unfortunately, Ervin didn't quite seem to think of it like that.

"... Hi..." He said quietly, averting his gaze a little.

Well, at least she wasn't bad company, and... Overall, wasn't too unlike his flamboyant aunt, but, he couldn't help but feel like his ego was a little bruised, seeing as all that planning he had done during his descent had sorta gone to waste. While he was fully aware that he only really had a slim chance of pulling it off so that he wouldn't end up dead, or at least close to it at the speed he was falling... If he had managed to pull it off, admittedly, it probably would have looked at least a little cool.

Plus, it was a little embarassing to be... Held like this.

To say the least, this was a rather... New experience for him.​
"Ah" Minori coughed and looked away as well as they slid down. "Understandable, considering what just happened, but don't worry. I've already made eye contact with someone else, so you wouldn't have to be partners with the fellow student who just punted you in the face. It was an accident but, sorry nonetheless."

The silence was awkward to say the least as they slid the rest of the way down, and Minori was quick to let Ervin go once they were close enough to the ground for it to not be a sudden fall. They ripped the sword out of the cliff side and dropped to the ground in a light crouch with a quick glance at their surroundings, and with a light smile stood up and jogged to where Sammy was waiting. "C'mon, this way" she said to Ervin

"Hello! In case you saw that, I only said I would suck less after I reached the bottom" Minori joked with a sheepish smile as they caught up to her. They reached into their jacket and unfolded the map they'd been given with a flourish. "Now then, where did we end up..."

@Indolent @Michale CS @Ringmaster @york

----------------------------------------------------------
"YOU DARE AVOID THE EYES OF JUSTICE?!"

Celadon got her answer in the form of silence :|

"Hrm" Ella pulled her map out and looked it over slowly, her eyes slightly aglow.
Scanning...
comparing to known geographic coordinates...
Marking likely location and waypoints...

Ella nodded and put the map away again before she dropped from the tree in silence and just walked off, for now ignoring the very noisy justice warrior behind her

@C.T. @The Tactician @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster

• Nice Execution!
Celadon got her answer in the form of silence :|

"Hrm" Ella pulled her map out and looked it over slowly, her eyes slightly aglow.
Scanning...
comparing to known geographic coordinates...
Marking likely location and waypoints...

Ella nodded and put the map away again before she dropped from the tree in silence and just walked off, for now ignoring the very noisy justice warrior behind her​
"...HEY!" The armored young woman bellowed in indignation, her boots stomping into the ground with considerable force as Celadon ran up after the annoyingly silent other. "Don't ignore me! We found each other, that's the only rule of this spectacle. The first person you..." She fell silent and contemplative, hand pressed up against her chin for a second before it clicked like a light bulb.

And then she rushed forward, seeking to leap in front of Ella and bar her way momentarily, complete with waving arms.

"Now you see me!!!"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician @Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers

• Nice Execution!
"...HEY!" The armored young woman bellowed in indignation, her boots stomping into the ground with considerable force as Celadon ran up after the annoyingly silent other. "Don't ignore me! We found each other, that's the only rule of this spectacle. The first person you..." She fell silent and contemplative, hand pressed up against her chin for a second before it clicked like a light bulb.

And then she rushed forward, seeking to leap in front of Ella and bar her way momentarily, complete with waving arms.

"Now you see me!!!"

-_-

That was the expression Celadon saw when she jumped to the other side of Ella.

"Eye contact"

And with that she tried to walk around Celadon without opening her eyes. Fumbling around the other huntress in training herself but suprisingly adept at avoiding the trees around them even without eyes

"Shouldn't be partners anyways. Justice is a blind tool of those who write the law. Not a fan"

@C.T. @Ringmaster @The Tactician @OrlandoBloomers

-_-

That was the expression Celadon saw when she jumped to the other side of Ella.

"Eye contact"

And with that she tried to walk around Celadon without opening her eyes. Fumbling around the other huntress in training herself but suprisingly adept at avoiding the trees around them even without eyes

"Shouldn't be partners anyways. Justice is a blind tool of those who write the law. Not a fan"

@C.T. @Ringmaster @The Tactician @OrlandoBloomers
"...NONSENSE!"

as6f1h0.jpg

Celadon immediately retorted, seemingly unperturbed by the statement or the closed eyes as she just sidestepped to continue barring the other's path. "That's a whole lot of poetic nonsense! Justice is what every Huntsman and Huntress lives for or should live for! The job description is signing up to preserve the peace and sanctity of the Kingdoms! Laws are written and enforced so the world doesn't descend into chaos any further than it already has. Without law and order, everything would collapse!"

Aven didn't reply for a few moments, just staring right back as she slowly and awkwardly drifted along the water. "...Hi."
Right. Good talk. Two words in and her partner was already- though not with purpose or intention -hightailing it. Easy enough to fix, though Midna eyed the water with hidden dread, it was more the conversational piece that was an issue, even as she nimbly leapt to join Aven atop the drifting ice. Opting for a silence she had hoped would be comfortable, but was more awkward than anything, she reached for her own detailed location without another word. Presumably, considering it appeared all had been launched in various directions, the two of them would be headed the same way... But that Kringle fellow was hardly someone she wanted to presume anything about.

One likely could've heard a pen drop as Midna looked up and about before, just as abruptly as she'd jumped onto it, jumping off of the ice and beginning to head off. She probably expected her new partner to follow, but she didn't really even look back to check.

They were going to get along wonderfully.

@C.T. @Ringmaster @Riverbank​

"...NONSENSE!"

as6f1h0.jpg

Celadon immediately retorted, seemingly unperturbed by the statement or the closed eyes as she just sidestepped to continue barring the other's path. "That's a whole lot of poetic nonsense! Justice is what every Huntsman and Huntress lives for or should live for! The job description is signing up to preserve the peace and sanctity of the Kingdoms! Laws are written and enforced so the world doesn't descend into chaos any further than it already has. Without law and order, everything would collapse!"

"No"

Ella's placid not-stare didn't break with her flat disagreement, but after a few more attempts to sidle around Celadon she let out a frustrated huff and stopped where she was. Her brow furrowed slightly as a hand clasped into a fist... before the other lashed out to grab... well somewhere in front of her with the intent at least being to nab the scruff of Celadon's jacket and with a whirring of servo's toss her straight back overhead and sprint off through the woods : |​

"No"

Ella's placid not-stare didn't break with her flat disagreement, but after a few more attempts to sidle around Celadon she let out a frustrated huff and stopped where she was. Her brow furrowed slightly as a hand clasped into a fist... before the other lashed out to grab... well somewhere in front of her with the intent at least being to nab the scruff of Celadon's jacket and with a whirring of servo's toss her straight back overhead and sprint off through the woods : |​
"No? You can't be--" Whatever else she was going to say was cut off when she got yanked forward. Her eyes widened in surprise split-seconds before she was thrown right overhead like nothing. Celadon rolled with the throw, coming to a stop in a kneeling position with one hand firmly gripping her blade and ready for--

"...HEY!" She shouted indignantly, breaking into a full-on run of her own after Ella. Sprinting was nothing new to her and if she had to actually chase and/or tackle down a potential partner...then that is exactly what she would do.​

Right. Good talk. Two words in and her partner was already- though not with purpose or intention -hightailing it. Easy enough to fix, though Midna eyed the water with hidden dread, it was more the conversational piece that was an issue, even as she nimbly leapt to join Aven atop the drifting ice. Opting for a silence she had hoped would be comfortable, but was more awkward than anything, she reached for her own detailed location without another word. Presumably, considering it appeared all had been launched in various directions, the two of them would be headed the same way... But that Kringle fellow was hardly someone she wanted to presume anything about.

One likely could've heard a pen drop as Midna looked up and about before, just as abruptly as she'd jumped onto it, jumping off of the ice and beginning to head off. She probably expected her new partner to follow, but she didn't really even look back to check.

They were going to get along wonderfully.​
"Bye." :|​

"Bye." :|​
[spoili]"What the fuck did you just fucking say to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the White Hand, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla harambe warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire Mountain's armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this Kingdom, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over your little ice float? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Kingdom and your location is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the League of Badass Huntresses-In-Training and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo."[/spoili]

There was a pause earned by the word cutting through the chilly air, and Midna actually glanced over her shoulder momentarily. 'Bye'? What in Remnant was she talking about? They were supposed to stick together to complete the objective, weren't they? That was what being partners entailed. So what did she...

....Was she copping out?

The idea was less than appealing. So it was with a frown that Midna offered a less than enthusiastic response. "...The destination is this way." meaning get your ass in gear maggot : |

@C.T. @Ringmaster @Riverbank

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
The idea was less than appealing. So it was with a frown that Midna offered a less than enthusiastic response. "...The destination is this way." meaning get your ass in gear maggot : |
Aven hesitated, looking over the path her slow ice float would continue down...before returning to Midna. "Are you positive?"

Status
Not open for further replies.