RWBY Fanon: The Lonely Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"HOHOHO Lad! Why so silent? Are we really such drab company?"

peter_port.png

Kringle at the head of the table sighed inwardly, seeing at least five special cases. Rising up, he cleared his throat as he spoke aloud.

"I am an old man and must retire, but before I do so, I wish to share a few things. First and foremost is this- You are only as strong as the bonds you forge. This is true in both life, as well as in the profession we have applied ourselves to. So rather then offer the dorms as I had thought to do, I have a different idea in mind. One which I think our esteemed college from Beacon will much appreciate."

Port glanced up, intrigued. Glancing at him with a smile, he continued.

"After you are done, there are facilities you can use to clean up, located near the arena- Of which Miss Gard shall guide you to. In the meantime, we'll bring out the sleeping bags and other necessities here. You'll sleep together tonight in one place and the next day...Well, the next day we can begin the test to form your teams officially."

His eyes twinkled and he smiled.

"So to you, a good night! I shall see you in the morning."

And so he left.

Angus scowled in reply, his expression daring her to comment before he listened carefully to Kringle's words and watched him leave.

"M'done." He rose up and bowed from the waist to the teachers before going to the massive fireplace, where Baldr the wolf was resting. As he sat down, his frame would be outlined by the flames before his hand reached to rub behind the wolfs ears.

Drake and Katarina glanced at the other before Katarina spoke to the table at large.

"So! 'Ve are curious. 'Ow was your journey to Valhalla?"

Rowena laughed quietly at that.

"Oh it was a riot! In some cases, literally. The Mountain needs to get its act together and quick. Especially with the balance as it is now, with SAURON corp."

"You're very well informed." Noted Professor Port. Rowena shrugged.

"Hey, deaf rabbits hear no foxes."

It was a Goblin-Town lower class folk saying...Which was utterly surprising to hear, coming from a human for those who knew such things.​
Ervin Douglas
@Hospes @Ringmaster

Ervin was feeling... A bit introversive, like one would expect. Unlike his sociable aunt (well, sort of), he'd need some time to properly open up, but at the very least, he was able to part with his name.

"Ervin Douglas." He muttered.

Then he was back to finishing his drink, perhaps enough of those might just loosen his tongue a little? But in either case, he was definitely holding up better than his Aunt, granted she was... Actually pretty tame right now too.​
Alright, Mid- you can do this.

"...You both fought good-- I mean, well!"

Smooth.

Visibly reddening just a tad at her slip-up, the Faunus cleared her throat and averted her gaze. She really was talented in the arts of awkward when she did decide to speak. Right, Midna thought to herself. The amount of friends she had made was still a solid, riveting zero. But she supposed it didn't matter all that much, considering she wasn't here to make friends. Not that she couldn't use a few, even if she'd never say that. For now though, she could only provide an awkward trace of a smile as Angus at first glowered at her before walking off. Yeah, so that was a thing. Then there was Ervin. Hoping to mend her mistake, she reverted to smaller talk.

"A pleasure." There- she couldn't screw that up. With that out of the way, she ran over Kringle's words in her head once again. Only as strong as the bonds you forged, huh? Well, looked like she was fairly weak for now. But she tried to keep her mind off of that, instead deciding there was no use sitting around any longer. And so she began to stand, only to see, well...
"And my mother told me that mustaches were for weird people. BUT LOOK AT ME NOW!"

rwby_behold_the_great_almighty_port_1_by_nightmarezenuki-d7oki48.jpg

rwby_behold_the_great_almighty_port_2_by_nightmarezenuki-d7oovq3.jpg

@Lmao @I don't even know @I just wanted to use these pics. @Manly Port confirmed.​
That.

"..."

Mentally facepalming, she gave a brief incredulous look before simply shaking her head, shielding her eyes from the sight as she rose up.

@Ringmaster @york @All​

"And my mother told me that mustaches were for weird people. BUT LOOK AT ME NOW!"

@Lmao @I don't even know @I just wanted to use these pics. @Manly Port confirmed.​
Alright, Mid- you can do this.

"...You both fought good-- I mean, well!"

Smooth.

Visibly reddening just a tad at her slip-up, the Faunus cleared her throat and averted her gaze. She really was talented in the arts of awkward when she did decide to speak. Right, Midna thought to herself. The amount of friends she had made was still a solid, riveting zero. But she supposed it didn't matter all that much, considering she wasn't here to make friends. Not that she couldn't use a few, even if she'd never say that. For now though, she could only provide an awkward trace of a smile as Angus at first glowered at her before walking off. Yeah, so that was a thing. Then there was Ervin. Hoping to mend her mistake, she reverted to smaller talk.

"A pleasure." There- she couldn't screw that up. With that out of the way, she ran over Kringle's words in her head once again. Only as strong as the bonds you forged, huh? Well, looked like she was fairly weak for now. But she tried to keep her mind off of that, instead deciding there was no use sitting around any longer. And so she began to stand, only to see, well...

That.

"..."

Mentally facepalming, she gave a brief incredulous look before simply shaking her head, shielding her eyes from the sight as she rose up.

@Ringmaster @york @All​
Ervin Douglas
@Ringmaster @Hospes @Others?

Ervin had been minding his own business, and had just about finished his drink. He had intended to brood for the rest of the evening, but it seemed that Port's fiasco, flashing his abs all of a sudden, was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Even though he looked like he was close to doing a spit-take, he managed to keep what was left of his drink in.

Calmly, silently, he finished off his drink, and then promptly... Without warning, or reason, Ervin faceplanted onto the table.

A solid THUNK could be heard before it seemed that he was down for the count.

Perhaps the drinks finally got to him? Either that, or he is just completely done with everything right now.

In either case, Ervin wasn't moving from his position, at least not at the moment.

fbfG8Ev.jpg

"You're trying to shake me off with silence, but my existence has been a prolonged vortex of disordered silence that shows no signs of subsiding, so..."

Morgan just threw that out there, not actually blessing or condemning the tactic in any way. She was fine with one-sided conversations. She mined some of her most intelligent discussion that way. The pale student veered with perfect poise to backwalk around a corner in the hall as they came to it, no loss of balance or smoothness in her strolling posture apparently likely to occur any time soon. Even for a huntress, the level of coordination and grace was bordering unnatural.

"I am wondering though. Color me black, white and curious. What do you see with your cyborg eyes?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
You know what Ella didn't see?

And thank the ancestors for that.

As to what she did see, it apparently wasn't something she intended to inform Morgan about, save for a small tap at the side of her own forehead.

WOvw000.jpg

"Well, ain't that niceeeeee?!"

Cillian normally would have returned the hug full-force. Was just the kind of friendliness that Cillian had been brought up to uphold to the best of his abilities. But the abruptness of the hug had Cillian's chair leaning back and he really didn't want to be toppled over! What if his mask fell off? That'd be quite bad for those who were still eating. Just at that moment however, tendrils lashed out and gripping onto the legs of the chair, they straightened it out.

"Phew..Saved us both some trouble there, I think. Now c'mere you!" Cillian exclaimed as he returned the hug. What a great experience this was turning out to be. He had made friends over sewing, and now over his costume itself?

Oh, when teams were arranged? This was going to be quite nice!

@Hospes
mona_by_teh_zombish-dam9nis.png

Warm laughter filled the air as Cillian returned Mona's embrace, and the Faunus quite happily snuggled against the scarecrow-garbed male. If she was fully aware of or bothered by the chair starting to tip before being held in place via Cillian's shadows. "Hahaha, don't you love hugs?" she queried, absolutely beaming. "Hugs are just the best, don't you think? I-" A few blinks, her ears shifting like satellites before she paused to turn her head. Worry crossed her face as Rachel expressed a feeling of illness, and she forgot about the hug altogether. She scrambled upright with wide eyes. "Aww, are you alright? Do you need some help? Just breathe!"

Eh?

"...Lavi?" Mona pondered aloud as Rachel scrambled off and a familiar figure in a wheelchair began rolling by. She found herself befuddled, unsure what to make of how fast her friend was going. But quickly drawing a conclusion, she gasped, eyes all the wider once more. "Are you feeling sick, too?! Oh, no! It must be spreading! DON'T WORRY, LAVI, I'LL SAVE YOU! YOU AND RACH BOTH!" Alongside the claim, one foot rose, placed on an empty chair as one hand pointed to diagonally to the sky... Where she promptly slipped and fell, landing on her back with a thud and only a small groan.

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @The Tactician @Everyone​

"Are you feeling sick, too?! Oh, no! It must be spreading! DON'T WORRY, LAVI, I'LL SAVE YOU! YOU AND RACH BOTH!" Alongside the claim, one foot rose, placed on an empty chair as one hand pointed to diagonally to the sky... Where she promptly slipped and fell, landing on her back with a thud and only a small groan.
An apple and a glass of water go flying... the apple lands in someone's plate, the glass of water... mysteriously lands bottom side down without spilling much in a trick that a bottle tosser would be in awe of...

Rachel scrambled to Mona's side, lifting her head up. "Are you all right?"

@Hospes @ whomever

You know what Ella didn't see?

And thank the ancestors for that.

As to what she did see, it apparently wasn't something she intended to inform Morgan about, save for a small tap at the side of her own forehead.

She added nothing further to that, her own green eyes still taking in Ella's movements carefully while they walked. When it became clear no further elaboration was coming, Morgan's gaze wandered idly upwards, her hands folding politely behind her back. Until, abruptly, she stopped walking altogether and stood in place like a tree, with the way their warped buddy system had ended up meaning Ella would have to screech to a halt equally as abruptly to avoid walking straight into her. Possibly even take a step back, if she wanted to retain her precious personal space bubble; Which presented a similar dilemma as earlier, when she had to choose between watching her circle around or standing firm. Now, she could either stand her ground or flinch and move backward at the sudden upending of expectations. Either option revealed something about her. This form of character gauging, while fun, wasn't really her main motivation though.

Looking directly at the faunus again, she shrugged off a slouch in her shoulders and quirked her eyebrows.

"Do you believe in ghost stories?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

mona_by_teh_zombish-dam9nis.png

Warm laughter filled the air as Cillian returned Mona's embrace, and the Faunus quite happily snuggled against the scarecrow-garbed male. If she was fully aware of or bothered by the chair starting to tip before being held in place via Cillian's shadows. "Hahaha, don't you love hugs?" she queried, absolutely beaming. "Hugs are just the best, don't you think? I-" A few blinks, her ears shifting like satellites before she paused to turn her head. Worry crossed her face as Rachel expressed a feeling of illness, and she forgot about the hug altogether. She scrambled upright with wide eyes. "Aww, are you alright? Do you need some help? Just breathe!"

Eh?

"...Lavi?" Mona pondered aloud as Rachel scrambled off and a familiar figure in a wheelchair began rolling by. She found herself befuddled, unsure what to make of how fast her friend was going. But quickly drawing a conclusion, she gasped, eyes all the wider once more. "Are you feeling sick, too?! Oh, no! It must be spreading! DON'T WORRY, LAVI, I'LL SAVE YOU! YOU AND RACH BOTH!" Alongside the claim, one foot rose, placed on an empty chair as one hand pointed to diagonally to the sky... Where she promptly slipped and fell, landing on her back with a thud and only a small groan.

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @The Tactician @Everyone​
"Huh?" Lavi cocked her brow as Mona began to panic and shout at them. She turned her head around to look at the Faunus with a mixture of confusion and surprise, "Mona, what are you t- OH CRAP, MONA!" Suddenly, her friend was falling to the ground, slipping from the chair. A quick flash of a memory, one from almost a year ago, covered over Mona's descent to replace Lavi's actual vision. Her home in a blaze, her brother fighting upon the roof... Mag's slip and fall as Grimm leaped after him... The girl's hand reached up to her chest, feeling the sudden hammering of her heart in terror, whispering to it, "It's alright, Lavi... It's alright..."

The words calmed her for the moment, long enough for her to remember where she was. She needed to help Mona, help her stand back up and make sure she wasn't hurt. Slower than the others to arrive as she had to make sure she wasn't having an anxiety attack and turn her chair around, the redhead wheeled herself over to her downed friend, reaching a hand down to her. "Mona, are you alright? You're not hurt, are ya?"

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @The Tactician @Everyone

"Sacre bleu."

Echoes Katarina faintly. Drake looks confused as hell at the sight of posing Port.

Angus had long since curled up to sleep by the fire against Baldr, whom they seem to have become fast friends.

Rowena brought up her drink to sniff before deciding that it seemed to be clean enough. So with thrown hands, she got up and announced flatly to the whole table.

tumblr_ndfqw5ADE31tgg3r4o7_500.gif

And off she left to clean up, leaving Port drooping in sorrow.

Kids these days. No appreciation for the art of healthy living.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

"...Ha." Her mouth slowly slid into a crazy wide grin. She hadn't expected this feast to turn out to have an impromptu gun show, but it had. Quite a majestic one too. This meant there was only one thing left to do, natch. Celadon wiped her face clean of any food mess, tossed away the mostly eaten turkey leg into the nearest trash and peeled off her armor until her torso was covered only by her comfy black sports bra.

At which point she freely hopped up alongside Port and flexed as well. Like hell she was going to be left out.

:|
And off she left to clean up, leaving Port drooping in sorrow.

Kids these days. No appreciation for the art of healthy living.​

"Cheer up, old man."

@Ringmaster

Last edited by a moderator:

"...Ha." Her mouth slowly slid into a crazy wide grin. She hadn't expected this feast to turn out to have an impromptu gun show, but it had. Quite a majestic one too. This meant there was only one thing left to do, natch. Celadon wiped her face clean of any food mess, tossed away the mostly eaten turkey leg into the nearest trash and peeled off her armor until her torso was covered only by her comfy black sports bra.

At which point she freely hopped up alongside Port and flexed as well. Like hell she was going to be left out.

:|

"Cheer up, old man."

@Ringmaster

"..."

Starlene, still wandering the room with calculated steps, paused when she heard the sound of fabric being torn away. And with the shouting, it wasn't difficult to determine just where the sound had come from. Her hand briefly rose to her face, cupping it as an irritated expression formed. But hey, another perk to being blind- she didn't actually have to see it. "Professor Port, if you would kindly practice some decency," she scolded with an edge of annoyance, hand finally moving down from her face... Only for her to hear the sound of armor clattering to the ground. The mildly irritated look turned to a full scowl, and her fists tightened at her side as she glared in... Well, what was the general direction the sounds had come from.

Who knew how long in they were and this was already a major train wreck. Worse yet, Kringle had departed, meaning the headmaster was no longer around to maintain order. And oh, did Starlene hate a lack of order.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @LuckycoolHawk9 @Everyone​

An apple and a glass of water go flying... the apple lands in someone's plate, the glass of water... mysteriously lands bottom side down without spilling much in a trick that a bottle tosser would be in awe of...

Rachel scrambled to Mona's side, lifting her head up. "Are you all right?"

@Hospes @ whomever
"Huh?" Lavi cocked her brow as Mona began to panic and shout at them. She turned her head around to look at the Faunus with a mixture of confusion and surprise, "Mona, what are you t- OH CRAP, MONA!" Suddenly, her friend was falling to the ground, slipping from the chair. A quick flash of a memory, one from almost a year ago, covered over Mona's descent to replace Lavi's actual vision. Her home in a blaze, her brother fighting upon the roof... Mag's slip and fall as Grimm leaped after him... The girl's hand reached up to her chest, feeling the sudden hammering of her heart in terror, whispering to it, "It's alright, Lavi... It's alright..."

The words calmed her for the moment, long enough for her to remember where she was. She needed to help Mona, help her stand back up and make sure she wasn't hurt. Slower than the others to arrive as she had to make sure she wasn't having an anxiety attack and turn her chair around, the redhead wheeled herself over to her downed friend, reaching a hand down to her. "Mona, are you alright? You're not hurt, are ya?"

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @The Tactician @Everyone

A rare silence came from Mona, her head spinning as she reeled, cute little animals circling her head as she lie on the floor. At first oblivious to Rachel and Lavi's approach, she simply remained as she was, a disoriented look upon her face. As her head was lifted, she seemed to regain some sense of awareness, blinking a few times before giving an awkward laugh, the questions finally really hitting her. "I'm great..!" she assured, managing to bring her arms up into the air, both of her thumbs up. This gesture only lasted a brief few moments before her hands fell back to her side, thudding against the floor.

Looked like she hadn't really realized Lavi was reaching out her hand to help her up... Oops.

@The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @Errybody​

A rare silence came from Mona, her head spinning as she reeled, cute little animals circling her head as she lie on the floor. At first oblivious to Rachel and Lavi's approach, she simply remained as she was, a disoriented look upon her face. As her head was lifted, she seemed to regain some sense of awareness, blinking a few times before giving an awkward laugh, the questions finally really hitting her. "I'm great..!" she assured, managing to bring her arms up into the air, both of her thumbs up. This gesture only lasted a brief few moments before her hands fell back to her side, thudding against the floor.

Looked like she hadn't really realized Lavi was reaching out her hand to help her up... Oops.

"Sure, Mona, sure..."

Lavi sighed with an exasperated sound, watching as her friend allowed her arms to thud against the stone floor and accidentally refuse her offer to help her up. Dammit, Mona, you had better be glad you're cute and nice to me... "Now come on, you need to get off the ground!" She stretched her arm down, leaning over her chair's armrest to try and grab the Faunus's hand and pull her up.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Rachel and Lavi's approach, she simply remained as she was, a disoriented look upon her face. As her head was lifted, she seemed to regain some sense of awareness, blinking a few times before giving an awkward laugh, the questions finally really hitting her. "I'm great..!" she assured, managing to bring her arms up into the air, both of her thumbs up. This gesture only lasted a brief few moments before her hands fell back to her side, thudding against the floor.

Lavi sighed with an exasperated sound, watching as her friend allowed her arms to thud against the stone floor and accidentally refuse her offer to help her up. Dammit, Mona, you had better be glad you're cute and nice to me... "Now come on, you need to get off the ground!" She stretched her arm down, leaning over her chair's armrest to try and grab the Faunus's hand and pull her up.
"Oh... that's good. Can... oh nevermind. I... I'm sorry I need to get away from people for awhile, at least big crowds of them. I'm not great in party situations with..." gulp "...shirtless teachers."

@The Tactician @Hospes @ whomever

She added nothing further to that, her own green eyes still taking in Ella's movements carefully while they walked. When it became clear no further elaboration was coming, Morgan's gaze wandered idly upwards, her hands folding politely behind her back. Until, abruptly, she stopped walking altogether and stood in place like a tree, with the way their warped buddy system had ended up meaning Ella would have to screech to a halt equally as abruptly to avoid walking straight into her. Possibly even take a step back, if she wanted to retain her precious personal space bubble; Which presented a similar dilemma as earlier, when she had to choose between watching her circle around or standing firm. Now, she could either stand her ground or flinch and move backward at the sudden upending of expectations. Either option revealed something about her. This form of character gauging, while fun, wasn't really her main motivation though.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
The instant Morgan stopped Ella's hand snapped up to the hilt of the keening as she bent down and started to shove with her other hand to create space, ready to draw and strike-

...ah.

Her hand stopped short of actually pushing Morgan, and she slowly stood up straight and let go of her weapon to stare back at Morgan as she waited quietly.
Looking directly at the faunus again, she shrugged off a slouch in her shoulders and quirked her eyebrows.

"Do you believe in ghost stories?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"...heh."

Morgan actually smiled for a whole second time in a conversation, and eventually nodded her head yes.​

"Sure, Mona, sure..."

"Oh... that's good. Can... oh nevermind. I... I'm sorry I need to get away from people for awhile, at least big crowds of them. I'm not great in party situations with..." gulp "...shirtless teachers."

@The Tactician @Hospes @ whomever

At first, Mona seemed confused by Lavi's words, as though she had already forgotten the fact that she was on the floor in the first place. But she was quick to snap out of it, actually laughing lightly, eyes closed as she did. "Haha, right! Guess I just forgot, heh." Opening her eyes back up and smiling up at both Rachel and Lavi, taking the latter's hand and swiftly climbing to her feet with the other's help. After she was back on her feet, she continued to smile before her expression changed. "Oh, but are you both okay?? Can I help at all?--"

She cut herself short, tilting her head at Rachel's words. "...Eh? Shirtless teachers...?" she asked with confusion. "What're you talking about?" With that, she glanced around, searching for just what the heck her friend was on about. But luckily for her, she didn't spot Port first. Instead, she noticed Celadon, and let out a light laugh. "Haha, that's no teacher, silly! That's Celadon. She was at the inn, remember?" Well, looked like she was fairly unfazed. It must've been that she figured it was no big deal because they were girls...or she was just too innocent to realize.

@Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Everybody​

She cut herself short, tilting her head at Rachel's words. "...Eh? Shirtless teachers...?" she asked with confusion. "What're you talking about?" With that, she glanced around, searching for just what the heck her friend was on about. But luckily for her, she didn't spot Port first. Instead, she noticed Celadon, and let out a light laugh. "Haha, that's no teacher, silly! That's Celadon. She was at the inn, remember?" Well, looked like she was fairly unfazed. It must've been that she figured it was no big deal because they were girls...or she was just too innocent to realize.
Unluckily for her, Rachel looked around and pointed Port out to her, before standing and trying once again to exit the room.

@Hospes @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits

"...heh."

Morgan actually smiled for a whole second time in a conversation, and eventually nodded her head yes.
You know you've gotten inside their head when the other person thinks they're you

aUtcG1m.png

"Cool. Wonderful. For my part, I happen to be one of the people who tells those ghost stories. I know them all. Historical, mythical... urban."

With a wily smirk, the shorter huntress brought one hand up to shift her neck choker and seemed to toy with the idea of taking a step forward, heel kicked back and boot lightly toeing the stone floor. Otherwise, she seemed benign, though the air about her had shifted back to something more enigmatic following the brief period of apparent (if somewhat askew) sociability.

"The locals are my favorite. There's something especially appealing about being able to brush with fear, not identify it from distance. This is the low-populace kingdom, you know. Some people don't even consider it one. There are still so many unknowns to ponder; so much that goes unexplained."

She half-fluttered her black eyelids, clearly going somewhere with this.

"Take the lonely mountain, Erebor. It has its own share of frightful tales from slum to suburb, but one of my favorites is a favorite because it's really real. Would you like to hear it? It all starts with a bad idea."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

You know you've gotten inside their head when the other person thinks they're you

aUtcG1m.png

"Cool. Wonderful. For my part, I happen to be one of the people who tells those ghost stories. I know them all. Historical, mythical... urban."

With a wily smirk, the shorter huntress brought one hand up to shift her neck choker and seemed to toy with the idea of taking a step forward, heel kicked back and boot lightly toeing the stone floor. Otherwise, she seemed benign, though the air about her had shifted back to something more enigmatic following the brief period of apparent (if somewhat askew) sociability.

"The locals are my favorite. There's something especially appealing about being able to brush with fear, not identify it from distance. This is the low-populace kingdom, you know. Some people don't even consider it one. There are still so many unknowns to ponder; so much that goes unexplained."

She half-fluttered her black eyelids, clearly going somewhere with this.

"Take the lonely mountain, Erebor. It has its own share of frightful tales from slum to suburb, but one of my favorites is a favorite because it's really real. Would you like to hear it? It all starts with a bad idea."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
The small, self amused grin that had appeared on Ella's face at the question slowly withered away as Morgan continued her little prologue. It shifted back to cold neutrality as the faunus' eyes glanced to the side and back the way they'd come, and she took a few steps back herself before she turned all the way around and started to walk off.

"Not interested" she said over her shoulder​

Status
Not open for further replies.