RWBY Fanon: The Lonely Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The small, self amused grin that had appeared on Ella's face at the question slowly withered away as Morgan continued her little prologue. It shifted back to cold neutrality as the faunus' eyes glanced to the side and back the way they'd come, and she took a few steps back herself before she turned all the way around and started to walk off.

"Not interested" she said over her shoulder​
"No, no, I promise you are. It's interesting."

It could be counted with a blink of the eye how long it took for Morgan to level off at Ella's side and start keeping pace with her once more, not even pretending to concentrate on the direction in front of them now and instead keeping her eyes intently on the cyborg, again strolling backwards and with her hands behind her back.

"I can give the cliffnote version if you like. Sing along if you kno-ow it! Humanity's most recent depressingly bad idea, a mirroring of murder and malignance, the White Hand; Haunted by their own pale harbinger of death. A culling shriek that warps the air, signifying doom! Shaken survivors regaled it as a noise of true horror, but when I heard it cut right down the snowy valley to my rescue I felt only ecstasy. My mind raced. What was the name they used... Benjy, Benchee, Bungie... Banshee?"

She intentionally raised her voice, injecting rare enthusiasm into her tone and cupping a hand around her ear.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"No, no, I promise you are. It's interesting."

It could be counted with a blink of the eye how long it took for Morgan to level off at Ella's side and start keeping pace with her once more, not even pretending to concentrate on the direction in front of them now and instead keeping her eyes intently on the cyborg, again strolling backwards and with her hands behind her back.

"I can give the cliffnote version if you like. Sing along if you kno-ow it! Humanity's most recent depressingly bad idea, a mirroring of murder and malignance, the White Hand; Haunted by their own pale harbinger of death. A culling shriek that warps the air, signifying doom! Shaken survivors regaled it as a noise of true horror, but when I heard it cut right down the snowy valley to my rescue I felt only ecstasy. My mind raced. What was the name they used... Benjy, Benchee, Bungie... Banshee?"

She intentionally raised her voice, injecting rare enthusiasm into her tone and cupping a hand around her ear.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
Ella slowed to a halt as Morgan caught up and wound her tale, her eyes hidden by her bangs as she listened to the other. Her hands clenched into fists, but apart from that, Ella had gone completely still.

Right up until the last word was yelled.

A quiet whisk of air and a faint whirring in the air were the only warning to Ella's right arm snapping out to try and grab Morgan by the throat and shove her back into the wall. If it worked, Ella stared silently up at Morgan in frustration as her other hand tried to pin the other's weapon arm against the wall too. Her hair stopped blending with the surroundings and flared a bright neon blue as she squeezed. Another whirring noise came from the arm, and...

... the whirring noise disappeared and Ella let go of her target. She stepped back and hung her head with a defeated huff, before she waited in silence for either retribution or whatever blackmail the other girl intended.​

Last edited:
"Sacre bleu."

Echoes Katarina faintly. Drake looks confused as hell at the sight of posing Port.

Angus had long since curled up to sleep by the fire against Baldr, whom they seem to have become fast friends.

Rowena brought up her drink to sniff before deciding that it seemed to be clean enough. So with thrown hands, she got up and announced flatly to the whole table.

tumblr_ndfqw5ADE31tgg3r4o7_500.gif

And off she left to clean up, leaving Port drooping in sorrow.

Kids these days. No appreciation for the art of healthy living.

"...Ha." Her mouth slowly slid into a crazy wide grin. She hadn't expected this feast to turn out to have an impromptu gun show, but it had. Quite a majestic one too. This meant there was only one thing left to do, natch. Celadon wiped her face clean of any food mess, tossed away the mostly eaten turkey leg into the nearest trash and peeled off her armor until her torso was covered only by her comfy black sports bra.

At which point she freely hopped up alongside Port and flexed as well. Like hell she was going to be left out.

:|

"Cheer up, old man."

@Ringmaster

"..."

Starlene, still wandering the room with calculated steps, paused when she heard the sound of fabric being torn away. And with the shouting, it wasn't difficult to determine just where the sound had come from. Her hand briefly rose to her face, cupping it as an irritated expression formed. But hey, another perk to being blind- she didn't actually have to see it. "Professor Port, if you would kindly practice some decency," she scolded with an edge of annoyance, hand finally moving down from her face... Only for her to hear the sound of armor clattering to the ground. The mildly irritated look turned to a full scowl, and her fists tightened at her side as she glared in... Well, what was the general direction the sounds had come from.

Who knew how long in they were and this was already a major train wreck. Worse yet, Kringle had departed, meaning the headmaster was no longer around to maintain order. And oh, did Starlene hate a lack of order.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @LuckycoolHawk9 @Everyone​
Amber White
@Ringmaster @C.T. @LuckycoolHawk9 @Hospes @Others

Amber seemed to have sprung into action all of a sudden, either because the drinks hit her system again, or because of the distinct "thunk" her neice made as he faceplanted onto his table. At any rate, the first thing she noticed was... ...

ABS! Two pairs actually, though Port seemed to have literally burst out of his shirt.

"Oooh! I gotta get a load of these!" She exclaimed, pulling out her scroll.

Then, she proceeded to snap photos of the scene, making silly poses in front of the picture in an effort to turn them into selfies... Without blocking the view of dem abs. However, Starlene's piercing voice quickly brought her back to reality, perhaps sobering her up a little...

"Sorry... Heh-heh..." She said, laughing a little nervously.

With an bit of an embarassed loon on her face, she quickly put her scroll away, whistling innocently, as if she could erase everyone's memories of what she just did by pretending it never happened.

Last edited:
Ella slowed to a halt as Morgan caught up and wound her tale, her eyes hidden by her bangs as she listened to the other. Her hands clenched into fists, but apart from that, Ella had gone completely still.

Right up until the last word was yelled.

A quiet whisk of air and a faint whirring in the air were the only warning to Ella's right arm snapping out to try and grab Morgan by the throat and shove her back into the wall. If it worked, Ella stared silently up at Morgan in frustration as her other hand tried to pin the other's weapon arm against the wall too. Her hair stopped blending with the surroundings and flared a bright neon blue as she squeezed. Another whirring noise came from the arm, and...

... the whirring noise disappeared and Ella let go of her target. She stepped back and hung her head with a defeated huff, before she waited in silence for either retribution or whatever blackmail the other girl intended.​
Morgan just snickered at the rough treatment, offering minimal resistance as she was snatched off her feet and slammed back into the wall by her neck. Her weapon arm, strangely, seemed to be going not for her weapon but for Ella's eyes when it was pinned itself, the goth's chuckle growing a touch more strangled but no less as the hand on her throat started squeezing.

"I'm thinking... you've done this before..."

With that said, they both knew it wasn't going to happen here, in the hallway of an academy they were both supposed to be attending. When the point came where it was either snap or let go Morgan just raised her other arm expectantly, and when Ella released her she slid back to the floor with nary a missed step as she slipped away from the wall and brought both hands up to fluff her disheveled hair, clearing her throat.

"Hollow gesture though. When you start, you should always mean it. Though there are exceptions. For instance, I could go all the way with this and blackmail you. But what would I take, your lunch money? No, that's banal, and... overtly malicious. Bad karma."

She gave a smile that was for all intents and purposes kind, straightening up.

"But I might make a suggestion. Plenty of people would skip the phase of benign revelation I just pushed, and I know very few who'd wilfully offer you an opportunity to silence them as I just did. Maybe I'd make a better friend than you think."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Morgan just snickered at the rough treatment, offering minimal resistance as she was snatched off her feet and slammed back into the wall by her neck. Her weapon arm, strangely, seemed to be going not for her weapon but for Ella's eyes when it was pinned itself, the goth's chuckle growing a touch more strangled but no less as the hand on her throat started squeezing.

"I'm thinking... you've done this before..."

With that said, they both knew it wasn't going to happen here, in the hallway of an academy they were both supposed to be attending. When the point came where it was either snap or let go Morgan just raised her other arm expectantly, and when Ella released her she slid back to the floor with nary a missed step as she slipped away from the wall and brought both hands up to fluff her disheveled hair, clearing her throat.

"Hollow gesture though. When you start, you should always mean it. Though there are exceptions. For instance, I could go all the way with this and blackmail you. But what would I take, your lunch money? No, that's banal, and... overtly malicious. Bad karma."

"...I did mean it." She eventually replied monotone. "Yellow dust generator in right arm. Storm outside. You act weird. At least enough confusion to give me a solid chance of escaping if investigation turned bad. But..." She huffed and didn't finish that thought, falling silent to let Morgan continue
She gave a smile that was for all intents and purposes kind, straightening up.

"But I might make a suggestion. Plenty of people would skip the phase of benign revelation I just pushed, and I know very few who'd wilfully offer you an opportunity to silence them as I just did. Maybe I'd make a better friend than you think."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"....?" Ella's head tilted back up to eye level and cocked to the side, her face locked in a mildly perplexed frown as she processed that sentence. "You still want to be..." Wait. A far more likely explanation appeared in Ella's head, and her frown shifted to resigned as she huffed and narrowed her eyes. "You want my services."

"...I did mean it." She eventually replied monotone. "Yellow dust generator in right arm. Storm outside. You act weird. At least enough confusion to give me a solid chance of escaping if investigation turned bad. But..." She huffed and didn't finish that thought, falling silent to let Morgan continue

"....?" Ella's head tilted back up to eye level and cocked to the side, her face locked in a mildly perplexed frown as she processed that sentence. "You still want to be..." Wait. A far more likely explanation appeared in Ella's head, and her frown shifted to resigned as she huffed and narrowed her eyes. "You want my services."
"Why would acting weird heighten my chances of mortality? Never mind. Not that kind of friend." Morgan finally contested with a raised eyebrow, drawing her fingers across her throat a few times in ceasing fashion and looking at Ella like she was the weird one. "No. Maybe I just admire you. And, maybe, certain people are more likely to appreciate the value in a healthy distance than others. You see, we have common ground. Why shouldn't we assist each other? That's just the friendly thing to do."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Why would acting weird heighten my chances of mortality? Never mind. Not that kind of friend." Morgan finally contested with a raised eyebrow, drawing her fingers across her throat a few times in ceasing fashion and looking at Ella like she was the weird one. "No. Maybe I just admire you. And, maybe, certain people are more likely to appreciate the value in a healthy distance than others. You see, we have common ground. Why shouldn't we assist each other? That's just the friendly thing to do."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
The look of slight concentration returned as Ella shook her head. "Would be found strange for a normal person to be walking outside in a storm. All I meant." she said with a small shrug. The explanation was really just to give her another moment to mull over exactly what this other girl was offering. It wasn't exactly every day the person she'd been trying to kill offered to just... be friends instead. Beg for mercy sure, but this was... weirder. Much more confusing.

"...Can I think about it?" Ella finally said as she made to turn and walk back along the route of her analysis of the castle.​

The look of slight concentration returned as Ella shook her head. "Would be found strange for a normal person to be walking outside in a storm. All I meant." she said with a small shrug. The explanation was really just to give her another moment to mull over exactly what this other girl was offering. It wasn't exactly every day the person she'd been trying to kill offered to just... be friends instead. Beg for mercy sure, but this was... weirder. Much more confusing.

"...Can I think about it?" Ella finally said as she made to turn and walk back along the route of her analysis of the castle.​
"A pity, then, that there are no normal persons in sight. They're all huddling down in cities and villages. That's how these things go, you know, all our souls are touched in some way." Morgan put up a hand with palm extended towards the ceiling as she spoke her vaguities, shrugging the shoulder it was elevated near. When Ella replied and went back to her routine again, she blinked and tilted her head.

"No."

But whether Ella turned around and realized it or not, she was already alone in the hallway again.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Ervin Douglas
@Ringmaster @Hospes @Others?

Ervin had been minding his own business, and had just about finished his drink. He had intended to brood for the rest of the evening, but it seemed that Port's fiasco, flashing his abs all of a sudden, was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Even though he looked like he was close to doing a spit-take, he managed to keep what was left of his drink in.

Calmly, silently, he finished off his drink, and then promptly... Without warning, or reason, Ervin faceplanted onto the table.

A solid THUNK could be heard before it seemed that he was down for the count.

Perhaps the drinks finally got to him? Either that, or he is just completely done with everything right now.

In either case, Ervin wasn't moving from his position, at least not at the moment.​

Clear alarm was gained from Midna as Ervin let himself fall to the table with a thud. Her dark blue eyes were wide as she gazed down at him, but after quickly determining he was still breathing- and factoring in that he'd been drinking and that this had occurred after spotting Port -, she quickly dismissed it and began to walk away. She was already tired of all of the shenanigans going on, and after helping her brother get set up for bed very near her, she plopped down on the floor herself. A hiss that came with the mild pain of accidentally sitting on her tail was silenced immediately, and she was quick to make sure it was still covered by her cloak. Satisfied, she begrudgingly settled, sitting there with an alertness about her akin to a hawk.

So there she sat, not daring to close her eyes despite how safe the place was said to be. She hardly took it as that, what with staff running around topless and... one of the girls from earlier joining in on it, exposing her own top. Midna could only shake her head with a deep exhale, turning away from this scene and keeping an eye out for any disturbances.

Aside from the scene that was mentally disturbing, of course.

@york @Everyone​

She cut herself short, tilting her head at Rachel's words. "...Eh? Shirtless teachers...?" she asked with confusion. "What're you talking about?" With that, she glanced around, searching for just what the heck her friend was on about. But luckily for her, she didn't spot Port first. Instead, she noticed Celadon, and let out a light laugh. "Haha, that's no teacher, silly! That's Celadon. She was at the inn, remember?" Well, looked like she was fairly unfazed. It must've been that she figured it was no big deal because they were girls...or she was just too innocent to realize.
rWWd056.jpg

"Oh shoot, I hope you're alright, Mona.."

Cillian asked out of concern as Mona was helped to her feet by Lavi. What a poor fate for someone who seemed to love giving out hugs. Unless you were just plum loco, giving out hugs seemed to be a good sign of how nice a person was. If only he'd been a bit quicker on the draw, his tendrils could have caught her. But then before Cillian could speak any further, he noticed that Port and Celadon were shirtless.

Was that the thing to do now? How would he look shirtless? That was worth a mental image or two.

1c97fc36dfbad5108805766c6d172ae8.jpg

Eh, actually maybe not. He may have had a lean physique outside of his costume but the burns littered across it didn't make it any more appealing. Well, that and the whole creepy looking scarecrow face atop the shirtless torso. But he could at least respect Celadon's tenacity! Holding his hands up, Cillian waved them from side to side as he laughed.

"Yeah man! Wooo!"

@Hospes @C.T. @Ringmaster

"And my mother told me that mustaches were for weird people. BUT LOOK AT ME NOW!"
David blinked twice and wasn't sure what that had to do with anything. He tilted his head. " I don't get what that has to do with anything. Also, I didn't-," he paused, when he wasn't about to go into detail on why he was uncomfortable by that. He preferred to be anywhere but here with everyone's reaction.

@Ringmaster

Unluckily for her, Rachel looked around and pointed Port out to her, before standing and trying once again to exit the room.

@Hospes @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits
rWWd056.jpg

"Oh shoot, I hope you're alright, Mona.."

Cillian asked out of concern as Mona was helped to her feet by Lavi. What a poor fate for someone who seemed to love giving out hugs. Unless you were just plum loco, giving out hugs seemed to be a good sign of how nice a person was. If only he'd been a bit quicker on the draw, his tendrils could have caught her. But then before Cillian could speak any further, he noticed that Port and Celadon were shirtless.

Was that the thing to do now? How would he look shirtless? That was worth a mental image or two.

1c97fc36dfbad5108805766c6d172ae8.jpg

Eh, actually maybe not. He may have had a lean physique outside of his costume but the burns littered across it didn't make it any more appealing. Well, that and the whole creepy looking scarecrow face atop the shirtless torso. But he could at least respect Celadon's tenacity! Holding his hands up, Cillian waved them from side to side as he laughed.

"Yeah man! Wooo!"

@Hospes @C.T. @Ringmaster

Luckily, Mona didn't really seem to be damaged at all. Not even her pride, if the girl even had any. It certainly didn't seem like it. "Haha, I'm alright! No need to worry~" she assured lightheartedly, seeming primarily back to normal. Surely her fall hadn't been that bad, with how quick she had recovered. Either that or she had a high tolerance. Whatever the case, she looked to Rachel with a 'Hm?' and slowly followed where her finger pointed. And of course, her eyes landed on Port, where she paused quietly.

"...Oh."

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @The Tactician @C.T. @Chewy Rabbits

It used to feel like a fairy tale
Now it seems we were just pretending
We'd fix our world and on our way to a happy ending.

Let them laugh.

The world was dark enough as it is, at home and abroad. The shenanigans seen and viewed by Baldr made him smile and shake his head, as large hands deftly put the finishing touches on a little toy from his village, Kringle silent in his office as the fire crackled. Outside, the howls of wolves filled the air and he breathed deeply.

Then it turns out life was far less like a bedtime story.
Than a tragedy with no big reveal of a hero's glory.

And it seems we weren't prepared
For a game that wasn't fair
Do we just go home?
Can we follow through?
When all hope is gone
There is one thing we can do.

Vale! Ozpin, both down in the span of a single night. Even now, the news still rocked the old man to his core as he got up and leaned against the window of his office. Outside, the lonely view of the mountains and snow made his bones ache, the weight of years upon his brow as he closed his eyes. It all seemed to come back to the war, in the end. That was an era that had sorely tested all of them, himself in particular, challenging what he thought he knew. It was more then a war for freedom, for the right to be seen as a person for some, thought undoubtedly it was important. No, if anything the war revealed something else.

Just how isolated and alone, humanity could be if they so chose. Give them a big enough stick, and more then likely they'd beat themselves to death with it. Whatever had taken down Vale knew it...Whoever had eliminated Ozpin had known it. Kringle frowned, thinking of the other schools, the bastions of Hunters and Huntresses that made it their lifes work, passing on their knowledge to the next generation of protectors. Who would be next? Who could you trust?

His eye turned up in a smile as he laughed quietly at his folly.

Let's just live
Day by day
And not be conquered by our sorrows
The past can't hold us down
We must break free!

"You seem more amused of late, Headmaster."

Behind him, standing at the door would be the cyclopian visage of Miss Gard, her eyepatch taking nothing of the quiet dignity she exuded as she stepped forward to stand next to her father. Kringle reached out to embrace her, one meaty hand and hefty arm pulling her close, which she fell into with a quiet sigh.

"I have had epiphany daughter. What do our schools teach, hmm?"

She looked quizzical in reply, unsure where this was going. Kringle chuckled heartily.

"We are schools of death. We take children, give them weapons and point them at monsters. Many die, many more quit...Even more choose to keep moving onward. But this? It is not enough. Ozpin knew this, and so in his memory as I contemplated my old man thoughts? I have come to conclusion."

He beamed and touched the tip of her nose in a mini-boop, prompting a quiet smile.

"Is not enough to teach best way to shoot, or different types of Grimm! No, they will walk forever with Death.... I, must teach them life." He laughed aloud at Gards expression, seeing in her growing severity a mirror image of her mother as he kissed her forehead.

"Thank you for listening to an old man ramble. Now off you go. Students need sleep. And big day is tomorrow."

Inside we're torn apart
But time will mend our hearts
Move onward
It's not the end
So let's just live.

------

Breakfast was a subdued affair. On the table, left for the taking was simply wrapped sandwiches. Quick and as those would notice, portable food along with a thermos. These would be distributed out, along with instructions to meet at the Hall of Monsters.

The hall itself was easy enough to discover, it was just off from the Courtyard. Lined up with numerous statues, of Grimm and various other monstrosities. Like an honor guard, their sightless stares lingered on the students, the weight of years upon this area...Whatever this school was, these statues at least were old. And standing before a modern, heavy looking gate would be Kringle and Gard. The former smiling in a jolly manner, a white wolf by his side that prompted Angus to smile briefly. Miss Gard would be examining a checklist before stepping forward.

Miss_Gard.jpg

"Good morning everyone. For those who missed introductions or unsure, I am Miss Gard. Deputy Headmistress at Valhalla Academy. Currently, we are about to embark upon the trials to determine teams - You have proven you can fight and you have shown great courage and planning, both in the impromptu defense of Geat Village and in coming here. Now? We must determine your team composition. For four years, you and your team shall share a dorm, work together, plan together- You will be family. You will be...More." She looked more stern as she added.

"There is also a high fatality rate at this point, so if there are any unsure....Headmaster Kringle himself has opted to escort you down to the village, where from there transport shall be arranged at his own expense."

She waited a beat for any to respond, her gaze flicking over the following. Drake gritted his teeth and his grip grew tighter on his hilt. The black-armored, shield-wielding huntress next to him had no features seen with her helm on, but her posture seemed that of casual rest.

If no one stepped forward, she inclined her head and acted the doors. Slowly, ponderously they grinded open and the first thing to hit everyone was the cold. Sharp as knives, they pierced the protective gear handed out to them. Miss Gard stood unflinching and the white wolf howled into the air, answered in the distance like the call to arms.

"You each within your jacket have been given a location at random. Your objective is to make it to that location, wherever it takes you. To find your partner...Simply make eye contact. That partner will then be yours, for the remainder of your time here. Good luck." Another beat passed and with a sudden roar like a drill Sargent she called out.

"MOVE OUT CADETS!"

Baldr, the White Wolf nuzzled Kringles hand, tongue panting out at the head rub that followed before letting out another howl and running out into the cold. Angus grunted, Producing his shield before running out after, soon followed by others. As soon as all of them were on the bridge leading out to the Black Forest however...The gates closed behind them.

And then the bridge launched them all into the air.

Like a springboard, a number of them flung out to random areas of the map as Kringle chortled with glee and on the other side of the bridge, Baldr watched the hunters and huntresses fly.

".....You take far, too much glee in that, father."

Kringle waved a hand.

"Leave an old man his vices. Now!"

His eye glinted as the devices show-cased each Students landing strategy.

"....Show me what you got."

---------

Morgan DeNemain, Ella Sidhe, Celadon Terentius and Lavi Tarantola would find themselves landing in what looked like a black pine forest of sorts.

250435fff8dbabe6b934714c68f79e0b.jpg

Samantha Guinness, Minori Pendragon, Rachel Cole and Ervin Douglas flew in the direction of a cliffside face.

3197DB0900000578-0-Mr_Bozon_is_upside_down_in_the_air_as_the_huge_dusting_of_snow_h-a-33_1456522705740.jpg

Aven Nyx, Drake Scarlet, Rowena King and Midna Eclipse found themselves tumbling among what looked like a riverbank.

winter-snow-landscapes.jpg

Cillian Combs, Mona Creum, David Amadeo and Katarina Nero found themselves flying out on the outskirts of what looked like an abandoned townstead.

67dabd171a3f04d5194a1f0003b77c39.jpg

And a ways away, Angus found himself away from everyone else. The landing was easy enough. A shotgun blast to slow his descent, Headhunter drawn to cleave anything in his path, a slide on the snow and he was ready. Honestly, this was a lot more his pace and speed. He breathed deeply, enjoying the scent of nature for what it was, the open air where he had grew up. The wilderness was his home, his backyard. As far as he was concerned, he had a home field advantage now and he rushed off to meet up with whoever was around before pausing.

He cocked his head to the side, suddenly very still as he listened carefully.

--------

Kringle frowned.

"Linna, we've lost visual on Angus. Try to fix that, won't you?"

--------

Was this part of the test? Angus turned and more lightly then most would have given him credit, glided across the snow and into an alcove, descending towards the source of the noise. A hole, leading into the underground as he listened carefully. A beat later, he made up his mind and leaped into the dark.

@C.T. @Chewy Rabbits @Hospes @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician @york @Indolent @Tag your PC at whichever area you be when you tag others and myself. @Forest @Cliff @River @Townstead​

Let them laugh.

The world was dark enough as it is, at home and abroad. The shenanigans seen and viewed by Baldr made him smile and shake his head, as large hands deftly put the finishing touches on a little toy from his village, Kringle silent in his office as the fire crackled. Outside, the howls of wolves filled the air and he breathed deeply.

Do we just go home?
Can we follow through?
When all hope is gone

Vale! Ozpin, both down in the span of a single night. Even now, the news still rocked the old man to his core as he got up and leaned against the window of his office. Outside, the lonely view of the mountains and snow made his bones ache, the weight of years upon his brow as he closed his eyes. It all seemed to come back to the war, in the end. That was an era that had sorely tested all of them, himself in particular, challenging what he thought he knew. It was more then a war for freedom, for the right to be seen as a person for some, thought undoubtedly it was important. No, if anything the war revealed something else.

Just how isolated and alone, humanity could be if they so chose. Give them a big enough stick, and more then likely they'd beat themselves to death with it. Whatever had taken down Vale knew it...Whoever had eliminated Ozpin had known it. Kringle frowned, thinking of the other schools, the bastions of Hunters and Huntresses that made it their lifes work, passing on their knowledge to the next generation of protectors. Who would be next? Who could you trust?

Let's just live
Day by day
We must break free!

Behind him, standing at the door would be the cyclopian visage of Miss Gard, her eyepatch taking nothing of the quiet dignity she exuded as she stepped forward to stand next to her father. Kringle reached out to embrace her, one meaty hand and hefty arm pulling her close, which she fell into with a quiet sigh.

She looked quizzical in reply, unsure where this was going. Kringle chuckled heartily.

"We are schools of death. We take children, give them weapons and point them at monsters. Many die, many more quit...Even more choose to keep moving onward. But this? It is not enough. Ozpin knew this, and so in his memory as I contemplated my old man thoughts? I have come to conclusion."

He beamed and touched the tip of her nose in a mini-boop, prompting a quiet smile.

"Is not enough to teach best way to shoot, or different types of Grimm! No, they will walk forever with Death.... I, must teach them life." He laughed aloud at Gards expression, seeing in her growing severity a mirror image of her mother as he kissed her forehead.

"Thank you for listening to an old man ramble. Now off you go. Students need sleep. And big day is tomorrow."

Inside we're torn apart
Move onward
It's not the end
So let's just live.

------

Breakfast was a subdued affair. On the table, left for the taking was simply wrapped sandwiches. Quick and as those would notice, portable food along with a thermos. These would be distributed out, along with instructions to meet at the Hall of Monsters.

The hall itself was easy enough to discover, it was just off from the Courtyard. Lined up with numerous statues, of Grimm and various other monstrosities. Like an honor guard, their sightless stares lingered on the students, the weight of years upon this area...Whatever this school was, these statues at least were old. And standing before a modern, heavy looking gate would be Kringle and Gard. The former smiling in a jolly manner, a white wolf by his side that prompted Angus to smile briefly. Miss Gard would be examining a checklist before stepping forward.

Miss_Gard.jpg

"Good morning everyone. For those who missed introductions or unsure, I am Miss Gard. Deputy Headmistress at Valhalla Academy. Currently, we are about to embark upon the trials to determine teams - You have proven you can fight and you have shown great courage and planning, both in the impromptu defense of Geat Village and in coming here. Now? We must determine your team composition. For four years, you and your team shall share a dorm, work together, plan together- You will be family. You will be...More." She looked more stern as she added.

"There is also a high fatality rate at this point, so if there are any unsure....Headmaster Kringle himself has opted to escort you down to the village, where from there transport shall be arranged at his own expense."

She waited a beat for any to respond, her gaze flicking over the following. Drake gritted his teeth and his grip grew tighter on his hilt. The black-armored, shield-wielding huntress next to him had no features seen with her helm on, but her posture seemed that of casual rest.

If no one stepped forward, she inclined her head and acted the doors. Slowly, ponderously they grinded open and the first thing to hit everyone was the cold. Sharp as knives, they pierced the protective gear handed out to them. Miss Gard stood unflinching and the white wolf howled into the air, answered in the distance like the call to arms.

"You each within your jacket have been given a location at random. Your objective is to make it to that location, wherever it takes you. To find your partner...Simply make eye contact. That partner will then be yours, for the remainder of your time here. Good luck." Another beat passed and with a sudden roar like a drill Sargent she called out.

"MOVE OUT CADETS!"

Baldr, the White Wolf nuzzled Kringles hand, tongue panting out at the head rub that followed before letting out another howl and running out into the cold. Angus grunted, Producing his shield before running out after, soon followed by others. As soon as all of them were on the bridge leading out to the Black Forest however...The gates closed behind them.

Like a springboard, a number of them flung out to random areas of the map as Kringle chortled with glee and on the other side of the bridge, Baldr watched the hunters and huntresses fly.

Kringle waved a hand.

---------

Morgan DeNemain, Ella Sidhe, Celadon Terentius and Lavi Tarantola would find themselves landing in what looked like a black pine forest of sorts.

Samantha Guinness, Minori Pendragon, Rachel Cole and Ervin Douglas flew in the direction of a cliffside face.

3197DB0900000578-0-Mr_Bozon_is_upside_down_in_the_air_as_the_huge_dusting_of_snow_h-a-33_1456522705740.jpg

Aven Nyx, Drake Scarlet, Rowena King and Midna Eclipse found themselves tumbling among what looked like a riverbank.

Cillian Combs, Mona Creum, David Amadeo and Katarina Nero found themselves flying out on the outskirts of what looked like an abandoned townstead.

And a ways away, Angus found himself away from everyone else. The landing was easy enough. A shotgun blast to slow his descent, Headhunter drawn to cleave anything in his path, a slide on the snow and he was ready. Honestly, this was a lot more his pace and speed. He breathed deeply, enjoying the scent of nature for what it was, the open air where he had grew up. The wilderness was his home, his backyard. As far as he was concerned, he had a home field advantage now and he rushed off to meet up with whoever was around before pausing.

--------

Kringle frowned.

--------

Was this part of the test? Angus turned and more lightly then most would have given him credit, glided across the snow and into an alcove, descending towards the source of the noise. A hole, leading into the underground as he listened carefully. A beat later, he made up his mind and leaped into the dark.

@C.T. @Chewy Rabbits @Hospes @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician @york @Indolent @Tag your PC at whichever area you be when you tag others and myself. @Forest @Cliff @River @Townstead​
Ervin Douglas
@Ringmaster @Indolent @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Others?

Ervin wasn't used to getting launched in the air, but, he was far from scared; to survive in a world as cruel as Remnant could be, he couldn't let fear overtake him, especially not in a critical moment like this. Instead, he closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind so he could have his complete focus on the task at hand. After the whole thing where he sort of collapsed at the dinner table, he had picked himself up and headed off to his room.

However, unfortunately for him, he had slept a little late, so he only really managed to snag himself a sandwich before they were called over to be... Launched into the air. Speaking of which, he just realized that he had never gotten around to eating it. Quickly pulling the sandwich out of his pocket, he decided he would try and scarf the whole thing down before he was launched.

Unfortunately, he only had time to fumble with the wrapper and move it towards his mouth before he noticed that the platforms had begun launching the others into the wilderness beyond. With a swift motion, he held the sandwich in his mouth, tensing up his body just in time as he was launched into the air, leaving only the plastic wrapper that had once held the sandwich behind.

As he soared through the air, trying to keep his motions as gracefull as possible, even with a sandwich between his teeth... He reached for his weapons, his eyes darting downwards to the ground below, trying to guage roughly where he was going to land. Unfortunately, it wasn't a riverbed, or even forest he could just use to his advantage, not even a field oh no... Instead, he was headed straight for a cliff face!

With carefull precision, he drew his twin furies, combining them to form a twinblade briefly... And using both hands, he tried to use his twinblade to stop his descent, by digging it into the cliff face once he came close enough. If it weren't for his aura, and the sturdy alloys his weapon had been composed of, Ervin probably would have died thanks to his weapon manging from the impact, and hey! As a bonus, that sandwich was still in his mouth, that was something, right?

Keeping a firm hold on his twinblade with one hand, he used the other to reach for that sandwich in his mouth... Figuring he'd finish the thing now before it froze up in the frigid climate. Besides, considering the fact that he was hanging off a cliff face, he'd need the energy. Though, as he ate, he did recall seeing multiple others tumbling into the air nearby, and so, Ervin decided to keep an eye out for any others falling around him.

While he was confident most would figure out a way to survive the fall, he felt almost obligated to keep his eyes peeled anways, just incase one that wasn't so lucky just happened to show up closeby.​

Let them laugh.

Do we just go home?
Can we follow through?
When all hope is gone

Let's just live
Day by day
We must break free!

Inside we're torn apart
Move onward
It's not the end
So let's just live.

------

Miss_Gard.jpg

"MOVE OUT CADETS!"

Kringle waved a hand.

---------

--------

Kringle frowned.

--------

Minori was in a predicament

They'd walked onto the bridge deep in thought, though attentive to Kringle and Gard when they spoke. But apart from that, eyes were slightly unfocused as they stared at the ground, then snapped up on occasion to study one if their classmates intently until the cycle repeated itself a few times.

Then the bridge suddenly upended itself beneath them like the world's most ridiculous catapult (which is what it was) and send them flying into the air. The yelp Minori made wasn't exactly that befitting of the eloquent and well trained guardsman they'd been up to that point, and their arms flailed slightly while they spun through the air. They growled and did their best to control their fall better, and once they finally righted themselves into a more straightforward dive of a flight-

A cliff. They were flying right towards a cliff face.

The look on Minori's own face was briefly shocked before it faded to a resigned wince as they pulled their sword out in a fluid draw and prepared for what was sure to not be a fluid impact, then hopefully hook themselves onto the cliffside with their blade so that they didn't get a repeat performance on the ground below.

They did their best not to scream, but seriously this was gonna hurt :T

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAHHH-"

@Ringmaster @Indolent @york @Michale CS
---------------------------------------------

Ella wasn't sure if the others noticed, but from a few seconds after they walked onto the bridge, she had a feeling she knew was was coming. The edges of the bridge had seams where they met the path leading to it and the entrance. The stonework was designed to move without grinding against itself. There was also a good chance that others didn't notice it coming. She should have probably said something.

"..."

*THWOOM*

Ella's posture barely shifted whenthey were launched and apart from a few shifts for better flight it didn't do much in the air either. Her eyes scanned the trees with quick glances as she approached her landing, and after a few moments study she unslung her rifle and aimed it forward, before the ear splitting scream of its energy impacting trees and dirt filled the air.

She hit the ground a few seconds later with an almost thunderous boom. the snow had parted from where metalic legs had impacted ground, and the sound of whirring servos realigning themselves could be heard as she slowly stood up and glanced around to see who had landed nearby. A still smoking tree trunk slowly started to collapse to the ground behind her, where a hole had been burned straight through the foliage in a clean circle that had left the edges still singed and burning

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster @The Tactician

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: York
In the here and now, Sam made every effort to maintain a low profile among her peers, exacting postures within her dark outfit to reduce visibility as much as was possible, compounded with the stealthy loitering wherever she went. This persisted, at the groups' rear. Seemingly misanthropic in her shy way, it seemed the young woman went to great lengths to diminish any shape or form of visual contact, let alone verbal. However, Samantha's presence did not exactly match what one might associate with that particular sort-- rather for all the subterfuge, Guinn carried in herself a palpable sense of pride and capability. It too exuded the impression of loneliness, in the vein of sorrow and pain. It reflected best in her eyes, as if there were a dark haze over her at all times.

Some people may have seen just literally that about her person for inexplicable reasons.

Guinness was present for the assault on Geat Village by the Grimm, though she relegated herself to the background, helping those in need over eliminating the Grimm threat. There had been, and would always be, a specific reason for her course of action prioritizing innocent lives. She momentarily flashed back to the attack when the headmistress made mention of it, remembering keenly in detail every move she'd taken. Each was an extension of her desire to see no further bloodshed; such was part of a hunter's duty, a facet she took to heart more than any other. Perhaps obsessively so.

A grim look to Sammy's face corporealized, with the biting of her lower lip in anticipation of what was to come. Not her first rodeo per se given her brief matriculation into Beacon Academy. The procedure herein out would not be different. Too much anyhow. The premise was the same, if dangerous. The final result of it meant she'd have a team, new with fresh faces. Another partner...

None of that would absolve what she felt toward her last team and partner, the sense of loss that grew every moment she dwelt upon it. It wouldn't replete what she'd lost, fill in the emptiness. Not entirely. She could only move forward, if only to get her mind off it briefly. It probably would have been what they'd wanted.

In the brief time she'd been here, she'd already grown fond of Headmaster Kringle and his daughter. Of the wolves. Of some the others, whom she'd watched from afar in her usual fashion. She had long since considered who would become her friends throughout her stay here, who'd become her team. Who their mentors would be.

Well, she'd find out today. Partially unfocused thanks to her thoughts, Samantha Guinness nevertheless was composed well enough to traverse the breadth of the gate to the other side, grasping firmly a crimson spear that seemingly materialized from her person. Gáe Bolg, a family heirloom she treasured dearly as both companion and weapon; nothing eased her better than its warm presence. Good thing too, the secret nature of the bridge acting as a catapult had caught her off guard by a fair margin.

For whatever bizarre reason, there was a slight smile now in place of her dark look earlier, "...That's kind of cool," she murmured to herself, her words barely audible and easily lost in the winds.

Truth be told, there was no other place that Sammy Guinn felt more at home than in the air. Especially when the surrounding terrain resembled that of her home kingdom, Mistral, and its wind scarred cliffs save for the snow. The cold air passed through her leather jacket, flushing across her body with a familiar sensation as she took a deep breath. It was a wholesome intake of oxygen, one that invigorated the huntress in all her faculties. A second or two later, Sam realized she'd closed shut her eyes in the act, and opened them promptly as she prepared for descent. The cliff faces would pose no true threat, if the banks of snow would be kind to her.

Her confidence was at a high... until she'd scanned the skies for her fellow warriors, determining who'd been sent along with her to this particular field. She'd see three others, their names she hadn't fully gotten a handle on, with one in dire straits from the looks of things. Reading Minori's body language swiftly, Sammy determined her fellow huntress had little to no experience when it came to dealing with the cliffs. Especially with that approach she'd taken, which was recipe for disaster considering Guinness's own experience o.e.

Which prompted the thunderous boom that signified Gáe Bolg's flight, accompanied with the streak of red heralding its oncoming approach. Sent ahead for further down the cliff's face, the spear would find purchase with veritable ease as it embedded deeply into place, acting an impromptu foothold. Meanwhile, Sam had tucked every appendage of her body in tight, slimming her frame in the air to achieve maximum velocity to reach Pendragon with all alacrity.

Now it wasn't only Minori that was visibly wincing-- Sam would too as she realized that it would be a close call even for her and so she mentally willed forth the fortitude to withstand the impact. The maneuver was foolhardy even for her. But it had to be done.

Soon as Sam reached her, Minori would have found herself unceremoniously grabbed in a nigh bridal style with Guinness acrobatically twisting in place mid-air to stick the landing against the cliffs with her legs, the brunt of impact passing through... and dissipating swiftly as she maintained a modicum of momentum, sprinting down the cliff-side for Gáe Bolg. Soon as she reached it, Guinness would slip off and onto the spear's shaft with easy movement, the momentum from earlier having bled off. That was when she would finally breathe, take a pause, and, with surprising balance, dare to broker the question inside a swift glance.

"Are you okay?" She quietly inquired, looking over the other situated awkwardly in her arms with an equally awkward expression.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Cliff

In the here and now, Sam made every effort to maintain a low profile among her peers, exacting postures within her dark outfit to reduce visibility as much as was possible, compounded with the stealthy loitering wherever she went. This persisted, at the groups' rear. Seemingly misanthropic in her shy way, it seemed the young woman went to great lengths to diminish any shape or form of visual contact, let alone verbal. However, Samantha's presence did not exactly match what one might associate with that particular sort-- rather for all the subterfuge, Guinn carried in herself a palpable sense of pride and capability. It too exuded the impression of loneliness, in the vein of sorrow and pain. It reflected best in her eyes, as if there were a dark haze over her at all times.

Some people may have seen just literally that about her person for inexplicable reasons.

Guinness was present for the assault on Geat Village by the Grimm, though she relegated herself to the background, helping those in need over eliminating the Grimm threat. There had been, and would always be, a specific reason for her course of action prioritizing innocent lives. She momentarily flashed back to the attack when the headmistress made mention of it, remembering keenly in detail every move she'd taken. Each was an extension of her desire to see no further bloodshed; such was part of a hunter's duty, a facet she took to heart more than any other. Perhaps obsessively so.

A grim look to Sammy's face corporealized, with the biting of her lower lip in anticipation of what was to come. Not her first rodeo per se given her brief matriculation into Beacon Academy. The procedure herein out would not be different. Too much anyhow. The premise was the same, if dangerous. The final result of it meant she'd have a team, new with fresh faces. Another partner...

None of that would absolve what she felt toward her last team and partner, the sense of loss that grew every moment she dwelt upon it. It wouldn't replete what she'd lost, fill in the emptiness. Not entirely. She could only move forward, if only to get her mind off it briefly. It probably would have been what they'd wanted.

In the brief time she'd been here, she'd already grown fond of Headmaster Kringle and his daughter. Of the wolves. Of some the others, whom she'd watched from afar in her usual fashion. She had long since considered who would become her friends throughout her stay here, who'd become her team. Who their mentors would be.

Well, she'd find out today. Partially unfocused thanks to her thoughts, Samantha Guinness nevertheless was composed well enough to traverse the breadth of the gate to the other side, grasping firmly a crimson spear that seemingly materialized from her person. Gáe Bolg, a family heirloom she treasured dearly as both companion and weapon; nothing eased her better than its warm presence. Good thing too, the secret nature of the bridge acting as a catapult had caught her off guard by a fair margin.

For whatever bizarre reason, there was a slight smile now in place of her dark look earlier, "...That's kind of cool," she murmured to herself, her words barely audible and easily lost in the winds.

Truth be told, there was no other place that Sammy Guinn felt more at home than in the air. Especially when the surrounding terrain resembled that of her home kingdom, Mistral, and its wind scarred cliffs save for the snow. The cold air passed through her leather jacket, flushing across her body with a familiar sensation as she took a deep breath. It was a wholesome intake of oxygen, one that invigorated the huntress in all her faculties. A second or two later, Sam realized she'd closed shut her eyes in the act, and opened them promptly as she prepared for descent. The cliff faces would pose no true threat, if the banks of snow would be kind to her.

Her confidence was at a high... until she'd scanned the skies for her fellow warriors, determining who'd been sent along with her to this particular field. She'd see three others, their names she hadn't fully gotten a handle on, with one in dire straits from the looks of things. Reading Minori's body language swiftly, Sammy determined her fellow huntress had little to no experience when it came to dealing with the cliffs. Especially with that approach she'd taken, which was recipe for disaster considering Guinness's own experience o.e.

Which prompted the thunderous boom that signified Gáe Bolg's flight, accompanied with the streak of red heralding its oncoming approach. Sent ahead for further down the cliff's face, the spear would find purchase with veritable ease as it embedded deeply into place, acting an impromptu foothold. Meanwhile, Sam had tucked every appendage of her body in tight, slimming her frame in the air to achieve maximum velocity to reach Pendragon with all alacrity.

Now it wasn't only Minori that was visibly wincing-- Sam would too as she realized that it would be a close call even for her and so she mentally willed forth the fortitude to withstand the impact. The maneuver was foolhardy even for her. But it had to be done.

Soon as Sam reached her, Minori would have found herself unceremoniously grabbed in a nigh bridal style with Guinness acrobatically twisting in place mid-air to stick the landing against the cliffs with her legs, the brunt of impact passing through... and dissipating swiftly as she maintained a modicum of momentum, sprinting down the cliff-side for Gáe Bolg. Soon as she reached it, Guinness would slip off and onto the spear's shaft with easy movement, the momentum from earlier having bled off. That was when she would finally breathe, take a pause, and, with surprising balance, dare to broker the question inside a swift glance.

"Are you okay?" She quietly inquired, looking over the other situated awkwardly in her arms with an equally awkward expression.

"-AAAAHHHHHWHyawhu?"

Minori tensed as they were snatched out of the air but kept their instincts in check once she realized it was human arms and not Nevermore claws that had them in their grasp. There wasn't much else they could do after that except make themselves as small as possible to ease whoever this was' attempts to keep Minori aloft. There was a jolt when they hit the rock face but far from the rock and aura cracking impact they were prepared for, and Minori used the few seconds they had in the strangers arms to calm themself and reassess. When they'd slid to a stop and landed on the spear, they looked up with a bright opened eyed smile and nodded.
"It'd be rude of me not to be after some black clad valkyrie just came flying to my rescue, so yes, I'm fine. Thank you for that, by the way." They said before they peered downward at the expanse below, then up the cliff itself.

"... While I'm fine with it given your impessive display, we can pretend that eye contact didn't happen if you'd like considering my lesss than so one." They finally said with a wry grin back towards Sammy. "I promise I'm usually much more competent though. When I'm not being flung at cliffs at projectile speeds and being the damsel in distress to some handsome stranger. Up or down from here, you think?" They said with another pair of glances in both directions "Up's closer, but I'm not sure how well anyone else who got flung this way might have fared so... maybe down, so we can help anyone who fared not so well?"

@Indolent @Cliff

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

Her laughter boomed as she soared through the air, the feeling of the whiplash of wind blowing her hair and hood back was beyond exhilarating. Some would find it terrifying, others would find it dull, still others would find it just normal, but this is exciting. Life is 20% what happens to you and 80% how you respond. And right now, her response to being made into a human projectile was just loud laughter, enjoying this way more than she should have.

Starting to descend close to a foggy condensed forest, Celadon inhaled...and then let loose with a fierce roar to clear away some of the obscuring fog. With enough of that out of the way, she grinned and thrust her armored forearms in front of her face, just crashing straight through a tree.

And right through another...three more before she finally grinded to a halt. When the dust cleared, she sat casually perched on one of the shattered tree trunks, her blade hefted up against her shoulder. "Can we do that again?" Rhetorical question directed to no one in particular. Celadon turned to the side, spitting out onto the ground before rising up.

"To finding partners! And..." She fished inside her pocket for the destination she had been given.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster @The Tactician @forest

---------------------

"..."

As flying went, this was not...so bad. She had figured it for much worse, at any rate. The issues of an overactive, solitary mind. Way down below she could see the bare, fleeting hint of her reflection in the icy cold waters. Aven idly wondered how it would feel to be swallowed up by them, the sheer freezing sensation. How quickly one could die from such exposure? She frowned and gestured outward with two fingers. A glowing purple mass crackled to life, rapidly shifting and forming into a giant shield. An almost entirely rectangular defense, save for the more pointed top and bottom. Usually used to block attacks.

Just as well as a makeshift landing pad. Breaking her fall in mid-air, she looked over the edge before hopping down once more. The shield vanished, reappearing beneath her feet once again. And again.

Until she reached ground level and she lightly landed on one of the bigger pieces of ice that had broken off from the rest and was currently drifting down the river. She lowered herself to sitting lotus style, content to see where the river took her.

@Ringmaster @Hospes @the river​

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Hospes @Townstead

QSnY6bI.jpg

For his part, Cillian had felt pretty casual about the proceedings. He'd come here to help keep himself grounded and prevent his ego from swelling into some kind of egotistical mess. If it meant having to prove himself then so be it. Besides, the people that he'd met so far had turned out to be pretty swell people. If things panned out the way they were supposed to then Cillian would be satisfied. Or maybe he'd be grievously injured. But when you were an optimist like him, you didn't think about death too much.

"Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

Cillian exclaimed as he was launched into the air with his hood blowing back in the wind. He had thought about taking his mask off for this since maybe his partner might have wanted to look at his face. Not that he was anything to write home about but if they were going to be together for all their time here? It'd be nice to get off on the right foot! Still, he'd decided against it at the last moment. If his would-be partner wanted to see the man behind the mask? All they'd have to do is ask.

What would his partner even be like? Would they share the same interests? Would they have to work on synchronizing their attack patterns? Would they mind if he made a mask for them? As these thoughts and more raced around in Cillian's thoughts, the ground was quickly approaching. While Cillian had little doubt in his ability to stick the landing, being thorough never hurt anybody. Extending his hand forward while keeping his eyes focused on where he was sure he'd land, darkness began to envelop that area.

"Now, let's try to get down nice and easy.."

c1Pfymh.jpg

He murmured as tendrils lashed out from the darkness and raced towards Cillian. Most people who had seen Cillian's semblance while he was growing up wrote it off as a disgusting and vile looking ability. But Cillian didn't think they had given his semblance enough of a chance. Although the darkness was often more ostracized than the light, there was still something beautiful to be found in it.

Cillian always kept that thought close to heart and thinking of it now as that same darkness was helping him? It brought a smile to this scarecrow's face. The tendrils wrapped around Cillian's waist and pulled the boy down. Once he was low enough, the tendrils released Cillian and faded along with the darkness as the teen landed with the soles of his boots digging into the snow.

Sparing a brief glance around, Cillian smiled once more at the landscape. Seemed quiet enough and he'd meet his partner soon enough he was sure of it! Keeping his hands at his side, Cillian hopped back and forth from foot to foot as he whistled a little tune.

"Wonder what I'll find in that little ol town~"

OG1x9Z4.jpg

"-AAAAHHHHHWHyawhu?"

Minori tensed as they were snatched out of the air but kept their instincts in check once she realized it was human arms and not Nevermore claws that had them in their grasp. There wasn't much else they could do after that except make themselves as small as possible to ease whoever this was' attempts to keep Minori aloft. There was a jolt when they hit the rock face but far from the rock and aura cracking impact they were prepared for, and Minori used the few seconds they had in the strangers arms to calm themself and reassess. When they'd slid to a stop and landed on the spear, they looked up with a bright opened eyed smile and nodded.
"It'd be rude of me not to be after some black clad valkyrie just came flying to my rescue, so yes, I'm fine. Thank you for that, by the way." They said before they peered downward at the expanse below, then up the cliff itself.

"... While I'm fine with it given your impessive display, we can pretend that eye contact didn't happen if you'd like considering my lesss than so one." They finally said with a wry grin back towards Sammy. "I promise I'm usually much more competent though. When I'm not being flung at cliffs at projectile speeds and being the damsel in distress to some handsome stranger. Up or down from here, you think?" They said with another pair of glances in both directions "Up's closer, but I'm not sure how well anyone else who got flung this way might have fared so... maybe down, so we can help anyone who fared not so well?"
"Don't worry about it," Sam uttered quietly.

She realized that, every passing moment, the mood for her grew more and more awkward holding Minori in her arms like so, which prompted the 'black-clad valkyrie' to proffer setting her down. Regardless what followed, there was a contemplative look to Guinn's face for a second or so before she would speak, "I... don't mind? I doubt they'd let us anyway."

This one had the penchant for talking a bit. Not that Sam had an issue with it, it just meant she'd probably have to come out of her shell more frequently than she'd hoped for. Alas, she'd live with it having suffered worse. She totally didn't miss being called handsome, leading to Sam's burgeoning curiosity. In any case, Minori Pendragon seemed truly kind and polite; such was the impression Sam had gotten from her a while ago in her observations. Those of which were confirmed now in her brief, if abrupt, interaction. Not a bad choice in partner, Sam thought.

"I think bottom is best too," Sam gave her two cents and looked to the other, allowing her the opportunity to descend first. Considering that she needed to retrieve her weapon first before following.

Status
Not open for further replies.