Runaway

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m5pj8sILOt1rv77s6o1_500.gif

"I know you want a second date," Cassie laughed as Sawyer spoke "We'll see about that" She smiled and winked at him, before they made their way inside "Come on, let's find something to do." With a huge grin, Cassie looked around the many, many rides and remembered how her grandma used to take her to carnivals whenever she was having a bad day, to have fun and loosen up.

Cassie settled her eyes on a certain roller coaster and tugged on Sawyer's hand "Let's get on the roller coaster! It's my favorite ride!" She spoke up excitedly, almost like a small child being handed over too much sugar.

When she noticed Sawyer's silence, she looked from the roller coaster to him, finding him scowling a little as he looked at nothing in particular. Cassie stepped closer slightly "Hey, you okay?" she asked as she tugged on his hand to get his attention again, sending him a small smile.

tumblr_m7ftca9H7A1rtzlzf.gif

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
Sawyer realised his worried expression might give Cassie the wrong impression. She might think he wasn't enjoying himself, or that he wasn't interested anymore.

"I'm fine," he reassured. "Absolutely fine. Just dreading three o'clock, when you have to go to class." He smiled back at her. Looking over her shoulder, Drasko and the others were gone. Good.

"Come on, rollercoaster time," he said, leading Cassie to the ride.​

Ashley_Benson%E2%99%A5.gif

Cassie nodded, and let Sawyer guide the way to the roller coaster. She couldn't but be a bit worried but brushed it off instantly at they stood at the roller coaster, she looked over at Sawyer and smiled "You ready for this?" She teased jokingly before they got on.

Cassie was a fan of everything that gave her adrenaline rush. And roller coasters gave a big rush, which was why she liked them so much. When they ride was done, she had a huge grin on and laughed as they stepped off "God I haven't had this much fun since.. forever!" She said enthusiastically.

Cassie looked over at Sawyer and squeezed his hand which somehow ended up with his after their ride "Thank you for bringing me here. Now you choose a ride!"

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Ferris wheel," said Sawyer immediately. He stopped at a cotton candy kiosk to buy two packets of the stuff, as well as two Cokes, before leading Cassie to the Ferris wheel.

They rode the wheel, and by some stroke of misfortune blended with luck, the wheel stopped when Sawyer and Cassie were right at the top. The operator of the machine announced there would be a short wait until the ride began to work again.

"Well, it looks like we're stuck here for a bit," said Sawyer, taking a sip of Coke. "Not so bad. I could be stuck with worse people." He smiled at her. Like Drasko. He laced his fingers through hers.​

Cassie sent Sawyer a curious look as he was confident about his choice. The Ferris Wheel was a perfect ride for dates, everyone knew that. She nodded at him and smiled as he bought them snacks and what not, the cotton candy being one of her facorite sweets.

When they got on the Ferris Wheel, Cassie was taken aback with the beautiful view from where they were. When it stopped with them on top, just to their luck, she couldn't helpt but smile and turn to Sawyer "Well, it looks like we're stuck here for a bit. Not so bad. I could be stuck with worse people." At his joke, she nuged his side "Oh shut up, you love my company" she stuck her tongue out.

Feeling his hand on hers as he intertwined their fingers, she looked down and it made her smile softly before looking up at him silently, it wasn't an awkward sikent but a comfortable one as they both stared at each other intensely.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
Sawyer rested his back against the seat, strangely comfortable. "It's beautiful," he muttered, looking at the view. "But not as beautiful as you, of course." He smiled at Cassie and brushed his lips against her cheek.​

Cassie smiled as Sawyer spoke up "It's beautiful" she nodded "Yeah, breath-taking." She whispered in awe as she looked around them.

"But not as beautiful as you, of course."She grinned when she felt his lips against her cheek, turning to look at him "Oh shut up, you're just saying that." She chuckled and blushed lightly.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"I am not just saying it," said Sawyer. "It's true. You're the most beautiful person I've ever met."

Just as he was about to lean in for a kiss, the Ferris wheel shuddered to life. Sawyer cursed under his breath as the ride deposited them on the ground.

"Well, that was enjoyable. Your turn to pick."

"I am not just saying it," said Sawyer. "It's true. You're the most beautiful person I've ever met." Cassie's gaze softened at his words and she gave him a kiss on the cheek "Thank you." She whispered softly.

When Cassie pulled away, she did it slowly, feeling the atmosphere change even more romantic. She noticed Sawyer leaning in for a kiss and she didn't mind at all. But of course, the ferris wheel had to shudder to life again and just like that the moment was over and Cassie blushed as they leaned away.

When the ride was over, Sawyer's words made Cassie look around "How about we take a horror ride?" She asked and bit her lip. She gets scared sometimes but she wanted to try it out.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Sure," said Sawyer. They bought the tickets for the ghost train and settled into a cart.

The ride started off normally; corny ghosts and cobwebs decals everywhere, witch figurines behind glass walls, suspended as they brewed potions. Then, halfway through the ride, their cart stopped.

"Again?" said Sawyer, hitting his hands against the cart. "Seriously? What is with this place?" He looked back at Cassie. "Are you alright?"

Suddenly, a dark figure attached to their cart. Cassie screamed, and Sawyer growled, his wolf fangs flashing out. He immediately recognised the person. "Drasko, what the fuck are you doing in here?" Sawyer snarled at his Alpha. He protectively crouched in front of Cassie, putting himself between her and Drasko.

"I've come to get you, Sawyer," said Drasko. "You don't belong here, with her. You belong with the rest of us."

"You don't own me."

"Actually, yes, I do. Come now, Sawyer, before this gets ugly."

When Cassie and Sawyer began their ride, Cassie was a bit shaken by the sudden appearances, the sudden touching or anything really and she found herself reaching for Sawyer's hand while they ride.

Suddenly, when the cart stopped abruptly, Cassie stiffened and when Sawyer asked if she was okay, she shook her head "No, that's a little bit sc-"

Suddenly a loud thud irrupted as a dark shadow appeared in front of the two's cart and Cassie couldn't but scream in horror. She heard Sawyer growl, wait what? Growl?
But she had no time to think it through as he stepped in front of her to protect her as he spoke to the person who apparently was named Drasko.

Cassie frowned, completely confused and when Drasko said he did own Sawyer, Cassie was even more confused. She couldn't help but take hold of his shirt from behind and whisper "Sawyer, what's going on? You two are scaring me." She whispered softly, shaking a bit "Don't leave, please."

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
With fully extended fangs and bright yellow eyes, Sawyer couldn't possibly turn around and face Cassie. "I'm not going anywhere," he said firmly, both to her and to Drasko. He reached around and took the hand gripping his shirt.

"Sawyer, you cannot love a human."

"Why not?"

"That goes against our customs."

"Drasko, I am literally pulled to her. It feels so magnetic."

Drasko's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"That only ever happens ... if a werewolf has found their true love."

At Sawyer's words, Cassie relaxed a bit as he took her hand in his and she squeezed lightly.

But as she listened to the guys' conversation, she only kept getting even more confused. And when the guy who claimed being Drasko, said that he couldn't be with a human she frowned, what the hell did that mean?

But she knew better than to interrupt, they both seemed angry, even as she couldn't see their faces. When Sawyer said something about the pull, she couldn't help but be relieved. She thought she was the only one feeling that. But when Drasko said it was true love, that took Cassie by complete surprise , and the mention of werewolves got her to step back away from both "Wait what? What's going on?" She couldn't help but ask as her heart raced.

Last edited by a moderator:
SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
Sawyer felt Cassie's hand slip from his. "Wait what? What's going on?"

"Tell her, Sawyer," said Drasko, nodding to Cassie. "Tell her. Tell her everything. I'm not even joking right now. Tell her."

Sawyer said nothing. He couldn't bear facing Cassie with yellow eyes and canine fangs. He couldn't bear Cassie seeing him for who he really was. A monster. She would run away and scream. She would leave him and never return. Then, Sawyer would be alone again, with no one but fucking Drasko to keep him company.

"Fine, I will," said Drasko.

"NO!" snarled Sawyer, and his claws shot out.

"Your oh-so-perfect lover boy here is a werewolf," said Drasko emotionlessly. "You know, a werewolf? Shifts into a wolf? Howls at the full moon? Can't touch silver? What do humans call us -- a monster?"

"Drasko, I fucking hate you."

"I know you do. But you have to deal with it. So, Cassie? Do you still love him, despite knowing what he is? Do you still feel the pull? Are you the one for him?"

Cassie was left frozen to spot as Drasko told Sawyer to tell her but when Sawyer said nothing, she frowned "tell me what?"

When Drasko said he'd tell her himself, she heard Sawyer snarl and she flinched, her eyes trailed down and seeing actual claws, Sawyer's claws.

Her heart raced and she was a bit shaking when Drasko told her, told her that Sawyer was a werewolf.. A man who shifted in a wolf. She thought they were simple fiction, not some real thing. But apparently they were as real as ever.

Cassie was speechless at Drasko's questions. She looked at the back of Sawyer and gulped "He-He's joking.. Right Sawyer?" When he didn't respond she actually got irritated with that "Sawyer look at me!" She almost yelled and yet pleaded "Tell me the truth, yourself and not some stranger."

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
It took all the strength, courage and decency in both his human and wolf forms to turn around and face Cassie, with full claws, fangs and eyes. "No, he's telling the truth," he said shakily. "I'm a werewolf. You hate me. You think I'm revolting, a monster. You can leave now, and I swear I won't follow you. You'll never see me again. I promise."

Because he would probably kill himself if Cassie left him.​

Cassie sucked in a deep breath when Sawyer actually turned around. His bright yellow eyes stared at her and his claws were still out, his fangs showing off clearly. Even in the dark ghost train, she could see his face clearly. And he was surely pissed, probably at Drasko, but it was clear as day on his face.

Instead of turning around and walking away, running even, she stared at him with pure shock before she calmed down. She couldn't leave him, she knew if she did, she'd be losing something big here, something special.

She knew he wasn't a monster, she knew Sawyer well enough to know he's no monster but his double.. Identity, would be something she had to get used to. So she started by taking a couple of steps closer to him, and raised her hand to rest on his chest "Calm down, Sawyer." She whispered "I don't hate you. You're not a monster. You were born this way but that doesn't make you a monster." She trailed under his yellow eyes "Calm down, I'm not leaving." And believe me when I say she was surprised with her own words.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
A dry, tearless sob escaped Sawyer at Cassie's words. She accepted him? For the beast he was? Unbelievable.

Sawyer managed to calm himself down enough to retract his claws and fangs. His eyes, however, remained the same unnatural tawny yellow, rather than their human black. He laid his now normal, human hand on Cassie's, twining the fingers together. "Thankyou," he said, wrapping his other arm around her waist and gently, slowly, carefully pulling her towards him in a loose embrace.

"How lovely," drawled Drasko. Sawyer could almost hear him rolling his eyes. "Sawyer's found his one true love. This doesn't change shit, though."

Sawyer became completely rigid. "What?"

"You can't be in love with a human. It's against werewolf laws, not just pack rules. She can't know about us. I'll tell the authorities, Sawyer, I will. The Council. I'll tell them."

"Unless ... "

"Sawyer, don't shit me around. You change her or kill her. That's how it works."

"NO!" Sawyer shrieked. He picked up Cassie, slung her over his back like a backpack and took off running. He ran so fast humans would be unable to see them. Sawyer ran until they reached his apartment, where he gently deposited Cassie on the sofa and Sawyer began to pace, clutching at fistfuls of his hair so hard he was in danger of pulling them out.

"He's an asshole. He didn't tell me this!" Sawyer ranted, to Cassie but mostly to himself. "I didn't know. I didn't know." He stopped, turning to face Cassie. He must have looked deranged. "Cassie, I swear to God I didn't know about this. No one told me. I would never have gotten involved with you if I had have known this." He began to sob. "I'm so sorry, Cassie. I'm so sorry. I've fucked everything up for you. God, I'm so stupid. Cassie, I'm so sorry. I'm never going back to Drasko again, I promise."

Just like that, he felt all pack ties dissolve in his head. A distant howl signified he wasn't the only one who had felt it. His entire pack now knew that Sawyer Morgan didn't belong to Drasko Vasilyev anymore. Sawyer was alone.​

Cassie smiled softly as Sawyer took a deep breath and calmed down, his claws back into his normal fingers, his fangs disappearing, but his eyes staying as yellow as ever, but she didn't mind that.
She smiled when he intertwined their fingers and gently hugged him back.

But of course Drasko had to interrupt them. But as he spoke she couldn't help but gasp, what?! Turn or die?! She didn't have time to think though before she felt Sawyer's strong arms pick her up and throw her across his shoulder and suddenly they were at his apartment. When he put her down, she stumbled a bit but gained her balance, well.. That was fast.

She numbly watched Sawyer panic and pace around his apartment and she thought for a minute. What can they do now? When she heard Sawyer apologize over and over again, she shook her head "Don't apologize Sawyer I could've easily turned away from the moment we set eyes on each other and yet I didn't. I chose this. Not you, you didn't force me. I chose this."

She then walked over to him and stopped him from pacing around. She put her hands on his cheeks and smiled softly "We'll figure this out, but I think for the time being, we should move. They know where you live don't they?" She asked and bit her lower lip "Won't they come?" she was all too new to this, but she knew for Sawyer she'd get through anything.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Shit, I hadn't thought about that," said Sawyer. He took her hands again, moving them down from his face and holding them between their chests. "They do know where I live, but we can't just move. It's not that simple. They can find us if we stay in one place too long." He closed his eyes and thought for a moment. "We'll have to leave the city. We can't do it on foot, they'll catch us. And they can trace me as a wolf." He opened his eyes, blinked a few times and and looked into Cassie's desperately. "We'll have to get a car somehow, but I don't have enough money for one. I can get food, I can get gas, but I can't get a car. We'll have to steal one." He immediately felt disgusted with himself. "Believe me, I don't want to do it. But if it's the only way I can get you out of the city, I'll get you a fucking Ferrari." He dropped her hands. "I'm sorry, but you won't be able to go to your classes anymore, at least for a little while. I'm really sorry, but it's the only way I can keep you safe. Are you with me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.