Runaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie chuckled as Sawyer fiddled with the radio for her and actually one of her favorite bands played one of her favorite songs "I love that song too!"

When Sawyer told her about his plan, she frowned "
No." That was her simple response before she looked at him "You're saying that when you turn there's a chance you'll get caught, and then that would mean you get caught and I flee. Well, No. We're in this together. You get caught, I get caught. I'm not driving the opposite direction and leaving you behind."

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Fine," said Sawyer, shrugging. "I'll leave you somewhere safe, then I'll leave, and come back and get you in the morning. Look, I know how how Drasko works. You don't. It's not safe for you to be with me on the full moon, anyway. We're not like how we are any other time. We become mostly animal. It's really hard to control the animal instincts. Not impossible, but hard. I could kill you."

Cassie looked over at Sawyer "Or not. Remember the pull? That could be from your wolf too. If it is, I don't think you'd kill me." She said.

"You know what? We need to research whatever Drasko said about us, it sounds interesting. Maybe we should know more. Can we go to the library as soon as we get to Florida?" She asked, being a huge nerd when it came to researching new information about anything really. She was just a curious person who loved to learn new stuff. Especially when it involved her and Sawyer now.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Sure, that's a great idea," said Sawyer. "We should be in Miami by tomorrow sometime. Not too long." The road was open, with no cars driving alongside them. "Lucky there's no trees," said Sawyer. "Just fields. Drasko can't hide that way."

Cassie smiled and nodded, feeling herself getting a little tired and she shifted in her seat so she'd lay her head on it and raise up her legs pressing them against her chest as she kept her hand in Sawyer's "Miami's a nice place, we should when we change states." She mumbled sleepily and dropped her eyes close, starting to drift off.

(time skip to the next morning)

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Cass," said Sawyer gently the next morning. "Cass, wake up. We're almost in Florida." Sawyer was very tired.​

Cassie woke up to Sawyer softly talking to her, trying to wake her up. She squinted her eyes at the sun beaming at them and she sat up right before looking at Sawyer "Hey" She mumbled softly, clearing her throat "You look tired, you should rest" She said softly, taking his hand in hers and running her thumb against his palm "Did you park on the side and sleep at all last night?" She asked worriedly.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Ummm ... No, I didn't," Sawyer admitted reluctantly. "I drove all night. I didn't feel comfortable with both of us sleeping at the same time, parked on the side of the road. They could have killed the both of us."

(On my phone, no colour)

Cassie looked over at Sawyer and sighed "You need to rest" She mumbled.

"Are we there or do I need to continue the drive?" She asked as she looked around them. She didn't ask Sawyer if she could drive, because she was going to, wether he wanted or not, because he needed to rest.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"We've got maybe two hours left," said Sawyer. "I'll make you a deal -- you can drive and force me to sleep after we stop at a McDonald's or something and get breakfast. I am literally going to die of hunger."

Cassie looked over at Sawyer and laughed lightly "Sure, McDonalds sounds good." She chuckled.

"Now get up, out of driver's seat. I can't have you killing me as you fall asleep on the steering wheel when I just ran away with you!" She joked and climbed out of the car, walking over to his and opening the door "C'mon big guy, out."

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
Sawyer climbed over the gearstick and centre console to sit in the passenger seat. "God, you're so bossy. Was it a mistake, running away with you?" he joked. "McDonald's is about two miles up ahead."

Cassie climbed into the driver's seat and faked a gasp "Are you doubting your action Mister?" She clicked her tongue and shook her head amusingly.

When she settled in, she started the car and nodded before continuing their way to McDonalds.

Once they were there, Cassie parked and looked over at Sawyer "Let's eat and then you can fall asleep all you want" She chuckled, seeing how tired he really was.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Alright," said Sawyer, sliding from the car. He purchased three hashbrowns, a bacon and egg McMuffin and -- weirdly -- a Frozen coke. "I like Frozen Coke," he said, shrugging. "I'm not giving up the opportunity to buy one."

Cassie laughed lightly as Sawyer brought the frozen cola. When he defended himself, she rose her arms innocently "I'm not judging!" She chuckled and sat across from Sawyer. She wasn't really that hungry, she felt rather stuffed even though she hadn't eaten since they were at the Carnival yesterday.

Instead of eating, Cassie was content watching Sawyer eat, a small smile on her lips before looking around, enjoying the little peace they had right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.