Runaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie listened to every word Sawyer told her and she squeezed his hands reassuringly when he sent her an apologetical look. When he mentioned not having a car and having to steal one, she knew on normal circumstances she wouldn't approve but they didn't have much choice right now. She chuckled lightly when he mentioned the Ferrari and her eye softened at his words.

She knew that by staying by his side, her whole life was about to change, including missing her classes and that was something she needed to be sure about.

She stared at Sawyer when he asked her if she was with him. And instead of answering, she put her hands on his neck and pulled herself closer, tip toeing to press her lips against his and the feeling was the best she had ever felt in her life. It was as if suddenly, she was complete. And the kiss was damn addicting.

And right then, she knew, going with him was definitely worth it all and whispered against his lips "I'm with you." They'd have to go by her dorm to grab her stuff but for now, she stayed close to him her forehead resting against his.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Thank you," Sawyer whispered. "For everything."

He kissed her again, then, in a blurry tornado, whirled around his apartment, gathering his few possessions. Werewolves possessed supernaturally advanced speed, strength and senses even in their human forms. Within the space of ten six seconds, all his clothes, shoes, toiletries and money were stuffed into two bags. The pitifully small amount of food he owned was in a couple of plastic bags.

"Alright, I'm done," he said. "I'll run you to the campus, you gather everything you want, and I'll meet you in the back parking lot in five minutes. Okay? I'm sorry, but you have only five minutes. Say goodbye to whoever you can. I'm really sorry."

Sawyer ran Cassie to the campus, dropped her off at the front gate and searched for a car. He took the first one he found that wasn't surrounded by other vehicles or people; a seven-seater minivan, in surprisingly good condition. It would be good for holding all their food and supplies, plus he knew Drasko thought Sawyer had a higher sense of grandeur than a minivan.

For some reason, Drasko had felt the need to teach his wolves how to hotwire a car. Sawyer got the van to work, dumped his stuff in the middle third of the car and stopped at an ATM. He took out all of his money from the bank -- a good five hundred dollars he had been saving -- stuffed the notes into his wallet and tossed the card into a dustbin. Sawyer then drove to the back parking lot, where Cassie would find him.​

Cassie was still not used to Sawyer's other side, his werewolf side, so she was a bit surprised when all of the sudden he was in front of her with two bags and a couple of plastic bags for food. She blinked and chuckled when he informed her of the plan "But I'm going to need a bit more than a couple of seconds." She joked lightly trying to lighten up the mood.

She wasn't sure what she was doing, but everything was happening so fast. The one thing she was sure of, was Sawyer and her. It felt too real and right to let it go.

When Sawyer dropped her off at her dorm, she was quick to make her way in, where her friend was. She had hoped to catch her to say goodbye. And thankfully, Cassie still had her suitcase packed since she made it here this week and had not a lot to pack up. As her friend saw her pack she frowned "Where are you going?"

Cassie looked up at her and smiled gently "I'm leaving for a while, I need you to trust me on this. I can't tell you anything else, but I'll be fine okay?"

"What? What about college?"

"I'll.. I'll catch up when I'm back" if I'm back.

"Cassie, is everything okay?"

Cassie looked up from her suitcase and nodded "Yeah, everything's fine. I'm doing the right thing, trust me."

With that, she picked up her suitcase and made her way out but not before giving her a hug.

Cassie went to back parking lot where Sawyer was waiting for her and she smiled when she saw him "We're good to go?" She asked gently.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"We're all ready," said Sawyer. He helped Cassie get her case into the middle third of the van, and drove out of the parking lot.

"Sorry about the crappy car," said Sawyer. "It's not the Ferrari. Oh well."

Sawyer drove through the city. "The hard part is going to be getting out of the city," said Sawyer, his hands rigid on the steering wheel. "Drasko's going to have people stationed on all the exits. He's not going to let us go without a fight. It's a good thing I got this ugly van. Drasko thinks I have a better sense of style."

Sawyer headed for the closest exit to the city. He knew it faced west, towards the rest of the country. Plenty of options. Plenty of places to go.

Sawyer could see the two brown wolves -- Tess and Ardon -- stationed on either side of the exit. He tried to ignore them, looking forward, fixating his eyes on the car in front of them. Sawyer only relaxed when they made it out of the city.

"We're out," said Sawyer, sighing. "They can only track me as a wolf. I only have to change on the full moon. I have no idea what I'll do then, but I'll figure it out."

When they were settled in the car, Cassie out her hand on Sawyer's thigh "Don't worry about getting the nicest car for me, I couldn't care less as long as we're together." She whispered softly.

Cassie was scared, she wouldn't lie, she was scared that Drasko would find them and kill them both. But she held on to that slim hope and rode with Sawyer while holding her breath in at the exit. She saw two wolves. She saw them, and they were huge. Her heartbeat raced and she found herself staring right ahead instead of staring at the wolves, in order not to attract their attention.

As soon as they were out, she let out a breath and relaxed slightly, glancing at Sawyer when he spoke up "But don't you feel the need to shift at some point in a day or two? I mean.. Don't you need to let loose?" She asked, trying her best to make sense as she was clueless when it came to how werewolves actually were. She never thought they've be real after all.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
Sawyer shook his head. "No, only young wolves have that happen to them," he explained. "I'm twenty-three and I've been a werewolf for ten years. I'm older than Drasko, in that sense; he's only been a wolf for five."

Sawyer turned onto the highway. "So, anywhere in particular you've always wanted to go?" he joked.​

Cassie nodded as Sawyer explained to her. She wanted to ask a few more questions but decided to leave that for later. She thought about where to go next and bit her lip "I have no idea.. Washington?" She asked, figuring they can stay there for a while as it was close yet not so close and they needed to figure out everything.

As they drove, Cassie bit her lip and turned to Sawyer "Okay I have a request." She cleared her throat and was actually nervous to ask, as she knew it might get Sawyer worked up "If we ever come to a dead end, and I asked you to turn me, you're going to have to. You won't, and I won't let you, sacrifice yourself or whatever and whoever for me. We're in this together, okay?" she asked then sighed "So you're going to have to tell me all about you, and the other werewolves. I need to learn, just in case." she seemed calm, nervous but calm. Because she knew she was doing the right thing.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Honestly, I think Washington's too close," Sawyer said. "Nothing's far away enough. Australia isn't far away enough."

Sawyer pursed his lips. "I'm not going to argue with you about this, but I want you to know that I'm not happy about it," he said. "As for learning about werewolves, well, I can't blame you for being curious. You'll have to deal with my shit for a while," he snickered. "What do you want to know?"

Cassie looked over at Sawyer as he spoke and chuckled "You want a distant state all at once? Then I say Florida. I've always loved to go there." She suggested softly.

When Sawyer told her he wasn't happy with her decision she sighed "It's not about us being comfortable with it or not, it's for us to survive and not get ourselves killed after all the trouble we went through to be together." She explained and took his hand in hers which was resting on the gearstick. She looked over at him and smiled softly "Everything, I want to know everything about you and your werewolf gene."

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Florida it is," said Sawyer. It was nearing three o'clock.

"I don't have a werewolf gene," said Sawyer. "Some people are born into it. They're the ones with the genes. I was bitten, which changed my entire genetic makeup and turned me into something from a different species. We look like humans, but that's the only similarity, really. We move very fast, possess unnatural strength and enhanced senses even in human form. We can shift whenever we want, but we have to shift on the full moon. We age, but very slowly -- it takes me two years to age one year, if that makes sense. Chronologically, though, I'm twenty-three years old. Physically, about nineteen. Anything else?"

Cassie listened to every word he said, not wanting to miss anything about this new little information of werewolves being real. She nodded as he spoke and then thought of a couple of questions but the most that circled her mind was "Was it Drasko who bit you? Is that why he thinks he owns you? Or is it a pack thing?" She asked in a mumble.

She had a lot of questions obviously, since she was all too new to this "And when do you first shift? I mean at what age?" She asked then had another question up her sleeve "And what did Drasko mean by the pull between us and werewolf true love?" She had so many questions but the last one she asked made her blush slightly and bite her lower lip.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Woah, okay, many questions," said Sawyer. He counted them off on his fingers.

"One, Drasko didn't bite me. He was bitten five years after me. Two, he thinks he owns me because he was the Alpha of the pack I was in. He was essentially my boss. He had total control over me and the other wolves in our pack. Three, yeah, pretty much, it's just a pack thing. But I left the pack when I made the decision to run away with you. He can't control me any more."

Sawyer checked the fuel gage; they would need to stop for gas soon.

"Four, I shifted for the first time a month after I was bitten. I was thirteen. And, well, as for the last question, I have absolutely no idea. Some packs are involved in all this werewolf voodoo crap, but Drasko never really told us anything. But, well, you felt the magnetic pull, right?"

Sawyer took her hand.

"Anything else?"

Cassie laughed lightly as Sawyer started counting the questions on his fingers. She focused on his words though and nodded at each answered question. She felt more comfortable knowing more about all of this now.

When Sawyer took her hand, she looked down and smiled before looking back as he asked her if there was any more questions and she bit her lip hesitantly before asking "Did the transition hurt? " she asked referring to when he was bitten. She was both, simply curious and wanted to know in case she had to turn as well.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"It doesn't hurt," said Sawyer quietly. "Hurt isn't a strong enough word. There is no accurate word for it. Imagine being set on fire, run over with a truck, breaking every bone in your body simultaneously and swallowing acid all at once, times a million. I don't want to scare you, but it's how it is. It only hurts for the first time, though."

"If you're done picking my brain, I'd like to pick yours. I know barely anything about you."

Cassie swallowed hard when he described what it was like when a person turns. She looked out the window and took a deep breath, subconsciously gripping Sawyer's hand tighter. She then looked over at him when he asked her about her and she chucked "I'm done picking your brain. For the moment." She joked lightly before taking a deep breath.

"Me? There's .. Nothing much about me." She said, the flashback of her horrible childhood picking on her brains and she shook them off "What do you want to know? Ask and I'll be totally honest." She smiled lightly because she knew she was being true to her words, if they were going to do this, there shouldn't be anything between them but trust and affection.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
Her nails dug into his hand, but he didn't care. "I'd like to know everything about you," he said. "What you like, what you don't. Your favourite colour, your favourite food. Whether or not you like Harry Potter -- you'd better. Whether or not you like Taylor Swift -- you'd better not. No Taylor Swift will be played on the Holy Minivan."

Cassie laughed lightly as he spoke of Harry Potter and Taylor Swift. She shook her head amusingly and glanced at him "Well, I don't like Taylor swift, I'm more into Ac/Dc, Coldplay, All Time Low, Led Zeppelin, Skillet .. It's a variety but they all are based of Rock I guess." She shrugged.

Cassie bit her lip as she thought of the Harry Potter side, and glanced at Sawyer "Well uhm, Would you kill me if I said I have never read the books or even watched the movies?" It was true. It wasn't because she didn't like them, but when they were out, she was busy running from an abusive family and living on the streets for a while before she was found by her current adoptive grandmother and then she never was too curious about it since she wasn't around when the series went viral.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"Well, I wouldn't kill you," said Sawyer. "I would just get all the books for you and get you to read them nine times like I have, THEN get you the movies because I am a firm believer in 'the book is always better than the movie'."

"WHAT ELSE? Tell me everything, please."

Cassie laughed at Sawyer's words and nodded "I'd be happy to read the books if that's what you want big guy." She joked teasingly and bit her lip at his request.

"Well, I don't like flowers. " She said randomly "I mean, whenever I used to go on a date, my date would bring me a flower or a bouquet but I wouldn't be that impressed I don't know why, I guess it's just a bit too cheesy for me." She chuckled "I do like chocolate though, and mixed tapes/cds. Music plays a big part of my life, and so does photography. I can't go a day without listening to my music. Uhm, my favorite color is red. My favorite food is Pizza, and I don't like salads." She told him, looking over at him as she avoided her family subject although she knew at some point he would ask, if it wasn't today then tomorrow or the day after or the day after that, but at some point he was going to ask and she would tell him. She wouldn't hide anything from him.

SAWYER DANIEL MORGAN
"You like music?" said Sawyer. He immediately fiddled with the radio, until he found a station playing 'Princess of China' by Coldplay and Rihanna. "I love this song."

"Okay, back to the subject loitering on the imminent horizon. Drasko will probably know where I am as soon as I shift. When I have to shift, I'll probably get you to drive in the opposite direction I run in. Then, when I'm human again, I'll run in a different direction and call you from a payphone to come and pick me up. I don't want to leave you alone, but it's really the only wa to keep you safe."

Status
Not open for further replies.