Run away love.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Faith shook her head "no, nothing could make me feel like that. I..I've felt like that before, I think. It felt familiar but I had never come across it before" she wondered if it was to do with her connection to The Lost Goddess

"How many mages have you dealt with? Specifically shadow mages? Because your description matches Atleast two creatures that live in the darer shadows." Griffin explained. he was still worried if ths wasn't somehow hs fault

Faith shook her head "not many but I have been trained to sense all and every kind of magic and this was no mage or creature of the dark. This was NOT something of this world and I fear it is not done with us yet"

"Shadw creatures aren't from ths world. Especially those of the dark shadows. I don't know if there is a rational explaination but I can tell you that no matter how well trained you are you can't recognize all magic." Riffin agreed Ashe started treat. He eat quickly as if e. fearing the food would be taken from him.

Faith shook her head "you just need to trust me, that darkness I felt wasn't from the shadows. It wasn't some creature. It was like a blanket of darkness and despair just spreading over the land like a mist looking for" she stopped "us" she answered, knowing it was really only after her

Griffin shrugged. "I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm only trying to explore all the options. I don't want to get so fixed on one idea that I ignore the rest." He was worried that that was what she was doing. Sticky to one idea without looking for other possiblities.

Faith nodded "I know. I've gathered all the protection herds from the garden I could. I've got enough herds to last us the month and keep us protected from almost everything but I just don' know if any of it will matter"

"If this threat is something not of this world then I doubt all the herbs in the world will make any difference. But I guess it couldnt hurt to have them with you." Griffin told her with a yawn. "Sorry. I think I will call it a night. Im exhausted.

Faith nodded "try to eat some of the soup and use the mud. I'll see you in the morning" she said with a smile before heading for the door "and thank you, for everything" she gave a real, genuine smile before leaving the room

Griffin managed the soup. It was filling but he was too tired to deal with the mud. He stretched out on the cot and closed his eyes. He hoped they didnt have to shadow walk too often. It was too draining on him. Especially while trying to block his father.

Faith was never one for sleeping when she was worried so she decided to wonder the beautiful gardens around the church. She had always felt at peace there for some reason, like she was at home. Little did she know that church was where The Lost Goddess had spent most of her life.

Griffin tossed and turned all night. If he hadn't been so exhausted he probably wouldn't have slept at all.

It wasn't even dawn when the warning bells on the church began to ring out. Faith rushed back in to the church and knocked on Griffins door loudly before rushing in "you need to hide. Quickly" she told him

"Hide?" Griffin asked sleepily. "Why do I need to hide I'm in a freaking monk sanctuary. This is sacred hollow ground. Nothing dark can threaten me. There isn't any place safer."

Faith shook her head "a group of bandits have been seen coming this way Griffin. And at the head is one pissed off looking man that kinda looks like you. If your dad is on his way here and has found you you need to hide"

Grifin frowned.he reached out with his magic and sure enough she was right. There were bandits heading is way. "Gave myself away with the shadow waking. Where can I hide.""

Faith swore loudly "this is all my fault" she muttered "come on, I know a place. There's a small, secret room you can only get to with a complicated password. Took me years to get it and no one else knows, not even the monks"

Griffin frowned. As stupid as it was he was afraid of small dark places. "Thos isn't your fault. I told you he's been tapping into my magic for years. He would have found us sooner or later. Show me this place. Don't let him push you around. Because he will."

Faith nodded and led Griffin in to the church library, she walked over to the smallest book case and pulled some of the books out and re arranged them. There was a click and the book case sung open to reveal a small room with a chair and small table in it along with a lamp "you'll be safe here"

Griifin nodded. "Please be careful. If my father is truly with the bandits he is a dangerous man. He will not hesitate to hurt you and the monks. He know some very dark magic."

Status
Not open for further replies.