Royal blood will spill! [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iplan on posting after work tonight...Just so you know.

There is a lot here to catch up on, this will take me a bit longer than I expected it would...Sorry for the wait x.x

Same here tbh. Sorry I keep saying I'm going to reply but stuff keeps coming up that I can't ignore.

I'm going to try my best to reply by tomorrow.

I still want my chars to interact with someone or other xD
I am still open for interaction if you want to approach Finna. I had to make her go for the most influential person due to her strength in strategy, but you can certainly interrupt at any time. And it seems Princess Renée blew her off in her moment of stress and anguish anyway.

On another note: I'm here, but think it best to let a few others post again before I do.

Reactions: Greenie
I've made my return! Reading everything and gonna post up soon

I think the reading of all the posts is the most daunting task o.o it's one of the reason's of my delay in posting lol. Since everyone is pretty active, would it be alright if everyone waits everyone has posted before making another one?

Or am I being unreasonable ^_^ I'm alright either way I guess.

I think the reading of all the posts is the most daunting task o.o it's one of the reason's of my delay in posting lol. Since everyone is pretty active, would it be alright if everyone waits everyone has posted before making another one?

Or am I being unreasonable ^_^ I'm alright either way I guess.
Apologies i just don't really know whats a good pace for a RP..this is my first RP that has ever gotten past page one so im really wanting to make sure this thing stays alive, i just don't know the pace that will be acceptable. Sorry if im going that fast :/ I was aiming simply to give a small push in the story with my most recent post..

Oh I don't mean the GM, I mean the players. It makes sense if you post periodically since it's your plot.

I got a post in but just saw the post in the OOC. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to :/

I don't think the RP is too fast at all. In fact, this one has been moving incredibly slow compared to damn near every other forum roleplay I've ever been in. At least one post per day (from everyone, or almost everyone) is not asking too much. Slowing it down more than that is going to make you lose members. Just from experience, I know if I check 2-3 times a day throughout the day and there still hasn't been a reply I'm going to lose interest real quick.

Not trying to be a jerk, but you said this was your first RP so I'm just trying to point you in the right direction. :)

Reactions: Tarieles
Apologies i just don't really know whats a good pace for a RP..this is my first RP that has ever gotten past page one so im really wanting to make sure this thing stays alive, i just don't know the pace that will be acceptable. Sorry if im going that fast :/ I was aiming simply to give a small push in the story with my most recent post..
Also honestly i don't feel that the rp is going to fast at all
I feel like a lot of people are use to group rp's being a once a week posting thing or every couple days

and when they get one that's not that they feel overwhelmed
I understand a lot of people have jobs or school and can't reply every day
but if an rp actually has people who post regularly, I feel like it's not fair to slow it down to much.
It could cause them to look for more faster paced rp's and possible lose interest in this rp
I look forward to this rp everyday and I want to stay with it and continue as long as possible
but i'd hate for it to become one of those once a week posting ones.

Not trying to be rude or anything just stating what I feel and think

I agree with JJ, this is a rather slow one. Super fun so far, and I love the concept, and I hope we get some really good mileage out of it, but it's really slow compared to others I've been on. I would agree a nice, even posting speed would be one post a day by most everyone. It doesn't have to be a novel or look like a pro post designer just shat it out, just a response.

Reactions: JinxMonster
Its not fast? I was under the impression by a few comments that it was going a bit too fast for some but now it seems its far slower than i thought it was...

Didn't know one post a week was a acceptable speed for some RPs, i can't tell if the problem is with me or if its with the roster being a mixed bag of "Slow paced and fast paced RPers" And im trying to find some balance with pleasing both sides

Didn't know one post a week was a acceptable speed for some RPs, i can't tell if the problem is with me or if its with the roster being a mixed bag of "Slow paced and fast paced RPers" And im trying to find some balance with pleasing both sides
It's the mix of slow and fast paced Rpers
It's honestly nothing your doing wrong, this is just what happens in group rps sometimes.
Everyone is different and sometimes it's hard to find a balance but in the end
As GM it's your decision which way of pace will be chosen

Reactions: Tarieles
I'm thinking more the mixed bag, honestly. I mean, there is nothing wrong with being fast or slow, it's just what you're comfortable with. Posting speed is harder to regulate. With personalities, it's like "okay, just don't interact with that person, and it'll be fine." But with posting speed, you have to please everyone. You need to know when to push, know when to stop, know when to tell people to slow down. If you're too fast, slow people will drop. Too slow, fast people will leave. Posting speed is super hard to keep in line.

It's nothing you're doing wrong, in fact you're doing quite well. You keep things up to speed information wise, you make sure everyone knows what's going on, and you kind of just keep things unified. You're a good GM, Fend.

Here's the problem I have. I like to make meaty posts, ones with a lot of perspective from both myself and my character. Sure, the character is a fictional entity summed up in a few paragraphs of words, it's just a creation, but the fact she doesn't exist doesn't make her any less real. I have to imagine how someone that isn't me might react to a particular situation that I haven't been in with countless factors to throw into the mix. Every person reacts differently, even two people whos actions reflect the same thing do it for different reasons, I need to think of what would be going on inside her head and then think about how it would influence her actions, of her thoughts which ones would she express, suppress, or simply hide from the others? Is she hiding it from a particular person or is pride obscuring her path, and if it is pride what exactly is it she's so proud of that would lead her to act this way?

I take my time, not only because I spend a lot of time thinking about it (I'm sure you all do, too) but because I have less time than most to dedicate to these things. I work a LOT and I work really hard, sometimes I want to come home and die on the couch with a big fat bowl of ice cream to keep me company while the world burns. I even do entire 13 hour shifts in one day, which will of course leave me with no time at all. Alternatively, when I do have time, my true passion in life is cooking, so I'm coming up with recipes, trying to develop my own versions of popular dishes, trying new techniques, trying new types of food altogether. When I want to bake pie it's not the pie I want, it's the process of making it I want. Didn't turn out right? Make another one and don't give two shits about who eats it, I'm having fun building enjoyable and delicious food from pale white powder and boring fruit. How can I make this boring unflavored chicken breast into something fantastic? Here's a thought, let's see if this works and try it out, then spend the next 3 weeks altering it and perfecting it into a glorious and magnificent succulent chicken breast worthy of a 5 star restaurant.

Essentially, roleplay takes a seat on the back burner while I work to enhance my skills in the profession I want to take. Because of this, the time I have to think about my characters situation dwindles into the distance. From there, people post 1-3 times a day, each post giving me even more to think about and respond to since every action in the immediate vicinity impacts the area I'm in as well, but the volume of time I have to think about it remains the same small space of time I have to sit down at the computer. And even then, I'm running my own roleplay which is 8 months going and still only 3 posts a week on average, but it is mine and I am the GM which means it takes priority for my roleplay time. If they need a post and we need a post, it's common sense that as a GM I will pick mine as a priority since this one can move on without me and the other cannot.

It's like giving me a shot glass of rum and expecting me to finish a bottle, but when I get halfway through the bottle another one is dropped in front of me and I'm told I have to finish that as well. A roleplay can only go as fast as its slowest member or the slowest members will end up falling out of it.

I don't think the RP is too fast at all. In fact, this one has been moving incredibly slow compared to damn near every other forum roleplay I've ever been in. At least one post per day (from everyone, or almost everyone) is not asking too much. Slowing it down more than that is going to make you lose members. Just from experience, I know if I check 2-3 times a day throughout the day and there still hasn't been a reply I'm going to lose interest real quick.

Not trying to be a jerk, but you said this was your first RP so I'm just trying to point you in the right direction. :)
Compared to my ancient history of roleplays this one is the second fastest I've ever been in. The fastest ever being one I promptly dropped because their refusal to allow me just a smidge of time to respond left my character, an originally charismatic drunk, to become a silent spectator spouting one liners from the top of a horse because they'd carry on in the events without a care that I was there, and it's left a terrible flavor in my mouth. And uh...Who was it that said this was their first? Not quite sure who this is directed at >_<

I think everyone has different preferences. Personally, I can't check 2-3 times a day. I spend 6+ hours a day at work or in class. And I have homework, and I have things to do to get by in daily life (meal prep, shower, sleep, etc.) and this is not the only thing I like to do in my free time. @Squee has a roleplay that is not yet on chapter 2 and has been running since like, October? (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I think the important part is getting a group of RPs that all have the same activity-level preferences. This RP didn't have a "posting expectations" label, so I expected maybe once a day, if not once every other day. That has been my experience thus far. But if we have a lot of people with different preferences, then it is really hard to keep everyone together, and people who fall behind will fall out. I know the #1 way to get me to quit a RP is by coming to check in once a day and feeling like I need to read too much before I can even begin to compose my response. (Then halfway through my response, we get another post, and then I have to read that, and it changes the situation and my character would react differently, and then I have to redo the post I was almost finished with. Yes, this has happened to me before, and I couldn't deal with that.)

I write this not to say your style is wrong, but to say to Fendisteel that maybe for you this one is going too slow, but for a lot of other people it is going really quickly, and there isn't one "right" way to do things.

I work a LOT and I work really hard, sometimes I want to come home and die on the couch with a big fat bowl of ice cream to keep me company while the world burns.
So that's what happened to the ice cream. >.<

• Love
@Squee has a roleplay that is not yet on chapter 2 and has been running since like, October?
The IC was made May 12th.
So that's what happened to the ice cream. >.<
deal-with-it-gif26.gif

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.