Roleplay Petpeeves

Backseat GMing. When someone who isn't the GM basically goes around telling everyone what to do and when to post.

• Love
Reactions: neptune
In Character Sheets- asking about the character's sexuality.
To me, this is not something that matters no matter what. If you want to do a romance RP- i guess it might be important here... but anything else where romance is not the major focus of the story? To me- Doesn't matter, and I will always leave this out, even if it's in the normal CS Template. It doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Character Sheets- asking about the character's sexuality.

For me, all I put down... and all I need... is "male", "female" or "other". Just so I have some physical sense of the character relative to their biology. All the other stuff, like you said... not important. If it "comes out" in RP, in the story, fine. Don't care. Even if they do put it in (I'm GMing on another site where the players who've joined put that detail in their character profiles without my asking), I don't care. I never put in such info for my own characters, but I don't care if others do. So... heh, ramble... for me, not a peeve. I'd be more peeved if someone put that in, then played their character as if the character's sexuality was all that defined them. Even in a romantic RP, sexuality should not be the sole defining characteristic of your character!

Reactions: Spectre
Starter posts that don't end with some kind of interaction, aka, there's nothing to reply to.

Something that irritates me as a GM: When a player decides to delete their profile rather than make edits for quality. Also when players say they're going to be posting skeletons, but don't despite repeated prodding.

Something that irritates me as a player: When the GM refuses to make minor allowances that could potentially improve player experience.

Some of my role-play pet peeves are mainly god-modding, one-liners that aren't useful to the story, and when people can't distinguish between a character and yourself.

Now, this doesn't have to do with the act of role-playing, but about the search for a partner.

I find it extremely frustrating when people seem not to be able to read. When you specify something very clearly and they seem to either not have bothered to read it or just didn't care enough to heed it, it says to me 'I don't actually care' and frankly that does not endear you to me. If you really want to role-play with someone, disrespecting something they've clearly mentioned is important to them is not the way to go about it.

Seriously.

Controlling my character to the point of not only speaking for them but describing actions as well.

Ugh i hate when they think I'm the same person as someone else, because we have the same exact roleplay preferences and the same exact search. I AM NOT THE SAME PERSON, WE JUST HAVE THE SAME IDEAS THOUGH WE NEVER ROLEPLAYED TOGETHER!