Help?

• Definitely!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Sorry, no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're pretty much writing the biography in the first part of the roleplay. The age will start at like...nine? We're gonna start as children. Before any of us even discover our particular talents. My idea is that my character built this awesome radio with the help of his mom, who is a tech repair person who runs this mechanic/junk shop in the slums of this port city on this island. It's a very small city. He was going to show his friends (let's say he's already friends with two of the characters), when he sees someone getting picked on. He goes to help, because he's nice, but his radio gets broken. So, this new friend helps him gather the pieces and my charrie shows her the clubhouse and the other friends. Their secret hideout or whatever. The first part of the roleplay consists of them trying to get these important components needed to fix the radio. By the end of this "quest", the two mage characters discover they have magic while they're searching these ruins outside of town, looking for the final thing to fix the radio. Or something like that. How we get the pieces, what they are, and all of that we'll figure out as we go.

But a pic would be cool. Maybe one of them as a child and another as an adult? They don't have to match perfectly.

Okay. Will do
I'll get my idea together while you work the rest of the rp.
If you need any help or anything. I'm glad to

Cool. If any ideas come around in the character creation process let me know. I'm gonna start pic hunting while I flesh out my character.

Btw, @Entaliah Menny, for good resources of character pictures, I'd check out zerochan.

Thank you for the help, I was very lost.

Oh ! Before I picture hunt. I prefer realistic ones. That ok?

I'm thinking I may end up drawing the art for my character on my own if I don't find something I like.

Lol your just gunna draw a character? Like its no big deal . xD

You an artist?

No, I'm a comic book writer. But I've been practicing my art skills a lot more recently.

Reactions: xKisses
Scratch the age, make it like ten or eleven.

Do you have an open spot :) well, this sounds very interesting and I am for it :)

@Pepper Have you read everything up to this point? If so, we can probably swing a group of five. We have two mage like characters, my character is kind of going to be a fighter, but not really your typical kind, and then we have the pickpocket thief. But we're all starting as children.

Yes I read everything before I post, again, I love your idea very much and the way you write (your way with words was, to say, like 85% why I wanted to join) Is really ok ? I mean, I don't want to unbalance your 'everything'.
As for an extra character I had in mind a feral child, as for the character I wanted to outline a dangerous ferocity and a bewitching innocence.
The idea (before to enter on Iwaku I read some ghost stories about men and women in woods that trap travelers/kill them, like ghosts, banshees, etc.) made me to sketch a biography. I don't know if it will fit in or not, but as a main summary I want for it to talk with animals or with nature (plants, trees, with the earth, grass etc.) And somehow people to avoid a certain part of the forest to say because of rumors and legends that they made up.
So what you think ? ^.^

Reactions: MachinaWriter
Sorry it took me a second to get back to you @Pepper , I was a bit busy. I love that. I mean, I absolutely love it. I was instantly reminded of the Lost Children from the forest in Ocarina of Time. Boy or girl? Either is fine with me xD Avoid the talking to plants thing. But, being really good with animals would be awesome. Almost on a mystical level, but not in a way that's obviously magic. Leave that for the imagination.

Now, here's the thing. I don't see our characters, as children, going into the jungle very often. I plan on them doing it later on, but not until they have to find the final component. I mean, they're just kids. They'll get into trouble, but even they understand that it's dangerous out there. So, here's a concept. What if you play one of the younger siblings of one of our characters. I mean, younger than the rest. Maybe five or something like that? And you incessantly try and follow our group around at the beginning. Then, during the event at the end of Part One, your character disappears in the woods. Never to be seen again. The whole event that makes it so that the two mage characters discover their powers is when you disappear. You followed us into the jungle, even though you were supposed to stay home. Something bad happens (we'll figure that out later), the two characters discover magic and manage to save us, but not you.

Flash forward several years and we're all now teenagers. The two mages have been training for some time at the top of the treacherous mountain with the monks and priestesses of Star Temple, occasionally visiting the village during special events, but not often. The thief and my character are still friends, but we don't really get to talk to the other two that often anymore. Time and distance has separated us so we don't really know each other that well. But then one day, one of the characters at the temple sees something. They're going up to feed the monkeys or the birds at the temple, when they see something in the tree. A child! And it's your character! You're alive!

But you don't answer when spoken to, and you disappear into the tree and jump wildly off the side of the mountain and into the treetops below with your stolen food. Maybe you CAN speak, but you don't really remember us, so you didn't see a point. You like to spy on humans in the Temple and steal their food here and there, so you've been able to hear enough conversation to understand human speech, you just never bother to use it. Your friends, the animals, don't speak it, so why bother?

But that mage who sees you, quickly has to tell us. They come down to the village with the other mage character, telling us what they saw. I'm thinking having @xKisses character see that would be best, since she's planning on playing the one that really doesn't like being at the Temple, anyways, so this is a great excuse to not be there. They come and tell us, and maybe we dont' fully believe at first for one reason or another. Maybe it's a painful memory and drudging up things like that because some rambunctious wanna-be priestesses told a story about wild, jungle children to be able to have a reason to leave the Temple for a bit isn't worth paying attention to. Different reactions could easily come out of something like that.

And that begins the start of Part Two, the teenage years. Here, we search for your character. We've grown since children, and we know our talents, even if we haven't really gained a grip on them, yet. This is where we discover less of our physical talents, and more of what our personality talents are. Our fears and weaknesses. The internal things that drive our character. We'll be outlining all the issues and traits that will create conflicts and solutions for our characters in Part Three, when we reach the main plot.

Or, of course, we don't have to go with that at all. As a side note, just because I seem to go off into a long idea and seem stuck on it, doesn't mean I am. It's just how I think. So don't ever be afraid to read one of those things and go, "scratch that Machina, and start over" xDD

Oh, and thank you for the compliment on my writing style, as well xDD I forgot to mention that.

Reactions: Pepper and xKisses
Though, I don't think we'd be searching for your character the entire time. We'd eventually find you, discover you. probably earlier in Part Two. And maybe you know about something in the Jungle that's important. Maybe a part of the Temple that no one knows about, that long ago fell off the side of the mountain and crashed into the jungle, but many of it's murals can still be read. Finding that, part of the Temple is sort of the beginning of our inciting incident. The thing that makes us leave the Temple. Whatever the plot of the main story is, I know it's tied to that temple somehow. I just don't know how ^_^;;

Well I like your idea. A simbling, why not, sounds good. But as for my character, as a feral child I would like more to have some problems with speaking, spelling problems. And to be someone else sister, I want for it to live in her shadow. I mean, the good big sister that parents are so pround of her despise her personality, gifted, etc. @xKisses would make a fine sister (she plays a female, right?) Maybe six to say, a little clingy at the begining and something like overly attached parasite to others. And for the part that my character won't interact with others, I would like to work with everyone at some sort of a prophecy, like something that only nature whispers or so ...
But I want to make clear some things, as they will be teens I want for my character to lose from feelings to say, everything will be at the line, she wont experience human feelings, everything will be animalic. As for a main story, I am for an ancient creature that wants to rule the world but would need 5 keys. And the five keys are our characters, but I want to be quests that will put us on tests, puzzles, riddles. I want every character to live its own drama, but in the end the collective drama will beat the individual drama.
I am sorry, I am in a hurry so I can post everything so I will try to make a summary.

Troubles speaking and spelling are good and all, if this were a visual medium. You can easily have characters interact visually without talking. But in a role plank y, where everything is text, it would die out and get really hard as the story goes on. Being able to talk is almost a must. Trust me, I tried roleplaying a mute once, and it was a pain in the ass and it kind of took the fun out of playing the character, even though the idea was really cool. As a child I could see it, but as an adult? It just turns into this strange pantomime and takes away any serious qualities your character may have possessed, because they constantly have to do these weird things to be understood, which makes them seem more like comedic relief. That, or they don't talk to anyone at all, to preserve their seriousness, but then you're pretty much roleplaying by yourself at that point.

As far as the rest of it, do as you will with their personality. I like the concept of ancient creatures, but I think I may have a different idea for that. It's just a vague shadow of a concept swirling in my head right now, but I'll define it later. I totally agree with every character living their own drama, though. That's why I wanted to do this whole "beginning of the story" thing. Developing those internal issues to tackle one by one as the story goes on.

As far as prophecy goes, I think it should have to do with the stars, not necessarily nature. Something to do with the stories told on the murals in that temple. I think I see some storm coming. Some great typhoon. They somehow end up at the temple, in that middle room with the glass roof that sees the constellations. Turns out the strange architecture of the Temple was for a reason. It's a machine. Oh, oh, oh.

Okay, so the Feral Child is living in the jungle, and I'm thinking either in a set I ruins or near one. Ruins that long ago wee part of the Temple, but people long ago forgot about. More Murals, telling the story. But more than that, there's a power source at these ruins. Much like the one they were stealing when they were kids, to power the radio they were fixing. Well, they learn that if they activate these power devices, rather than just steal them, something happens. The murals that have faded away repaint themselves. The rest of the story consists of them doing things to find as many of these secret, lost ruins as possible. From doing odd jobs in town to get people to tell them where they once saw one, to buying maps, to getting the Feral Child to show them [or rather, maybe when they bring her home, she starts drawing places and stuff. If you want to keep her from being able to talk or write, maybe that's how she communicates? She draws pictures that represent what she's trying to say]. Just an idea.

They go from place to place, activating these devices and watching the murals come to life. The priestess played by @Entaliah Menny would probably find it fascinating. Pieces that were lost, being able to be read again. What they don't realize, is that they're turning something on. And that the entire Temple is some sort of great machine. I have this image in my mind of this storm and then they're running up to the Temple, because everything got turned on. All the murals in the entrance that were long since faded are now visible, but we barely get time to see them, the storm having blown open the doors, water whipping by with strong gusts of wind. They get to the center, just as the murals in the central room with the glass roof begin to become visible once more. It's telling part of their story. But before they can see what it's telling them, the glass roof shatters, lightning cracking down and wind knocking them back. When we all wake up, we're being pulled onto a ship from the sea, not even close to our home. The Inciting Incident that thrusts us on our adventure. Because before getting struck by lightning, and blacking out and all that crazy shit, my character saw one last mural. And the city he saw on it might give them the answers they need....

In the name of Gods ... you amaze me, really.
Rather than a mute character, I wanted, how to say, if are complex words for exemple, she can't spell the word very good, and for small words, I was thinking at something like: " Take food hungry." OK, maybe I am no't explaining proper the way I am thinking. But since she understand humans speaking and without practice she can't link the words together to form a proper sentence. Putting this aside, I like your concept. I only have two requests:
1. Let's not advence tooo further into the story because we didn't even began to make the characters biography ( I am sorry but this is my opinion, I have nothing against any of you, if you don't agree) i mean to go beyond the ruins,the Star Temple, the home thing.
2. I don't want for this role-play to die, I am soo for it. I truly love the plot. No words, I will hunt people down if it dies -joke-
I would like to talk with @xKisses, what I am interested in is the hair color, or the eyes. As a main idea, dear Kisses, I want to tell you that I don't want you to change the concept of your character beyond the way you wanted, if you don't want a sibling is ok.
So until the character sheet will come up I will try to make the basic character, 'name, age and history'.

Status
Not open for further replies.