Rohad Acadamy (School of the Element Wielders) IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The match was beginning now. It seemed they were letting them take full time to set up whatever preparations they wanted. Well in that case perhaps he should make a demonstration. On a floor like this with teachers and students all watching alike. If he ever wanted to show his ability on a wide scale it would be now. But to use that ability.... He turned to his team and decided even though their chances were good something about their captain, the girl who had been watching him. She was originally someone who he would have put on his side, a space wielder and being small in stature she would have been easily underestimated. But the fact she had been watching him fight made him uneasy. If she made proper methods to counter him based on what she saw he would need to surprise her to gain the advantage. There would also be value in domainating them in a complete manner. "Im gonna prepare, no one get close to me. I can't guarantee your life if you so." He said in a deadly serious warning before putting his hands together like he praying.

It had been years since he jad done this, could he survive the process again? He pushed those thoughts from his mind, he would not fail. There was still so much to be done. He closed his eyes and focused, pulling and opening a portal which opened slowly, grudgingly. A door to the shadow world. It formed in his shadow which soon morphed and surrounded him in a rough circle radiating darkness energy with a dark, fowl energy left with the dark energy. The circle however radiated such an intense dark energy surrounding Akio, seeming to pull all shadows towards it, at least in perception. Akio felt an awful cold enter his body and he shivered. Could he survive the toll again? He then shoved those thoughts out his head, he survived before and he would survive this time. He could control it. He had only done what he would do now 3 times in his life, the reason he hadn't tried it against Klamath was that it would have taken far to long to prepare.

The dark energy surronded him and threw the dark shadow on the ground which had turned pure black it almost as if you could see a glimps of the dark world beyond it and its energy getting pulled towards him. His darkness ability and what allowed him to travel threw and harden shadows and use dark energy came from this parallel world, one of darkness and danger. It was the home of demons and monsters, supposily first discovered by Houken the Black, the first and greatest of dark wielders though he said the world long predated him in legened. The ability he was using now was taking the dark energy into his own body to become and imbodiment of darkness, of his power. It however was not that simple. He had to guide the energy into him, something it was said Houken and some of the more powerful dark wielders could do with only a thought but he was to weak and had to do a spell and could hold very little energy. He had paid the price for this power with his very soul, and if he wasn't careful it could consume his mind and body.

Now he began to speak, the way he had learned to manipulate this energy inside him had been a chant from an old legend of the death of Houken the Black. 7 of the greatest heros of the age went to kill the aged Darkness wielder who was over 90 including the unnamed holy wielder who killed him in the end, however all 6 of the other hero's died. It was said that after they fought threw the defense of his tower that the rash fire wielder Talon boasted that they had fought threw the darkness and now knew what it was like and had no fear of it. Houken had only laughed scornfully and said. "Fool, those who only endure the darkness know nothing of it compared to those who embrace it." When he was a boy, so young that he had yet to kill his father who beat him near death whenever he could catch him he used to listen to those legends and stories of local singers and bards and read book whenever he could. While that story was meant as a story of triumpth over evil, the conquring of darkness, the beaten boy he had been saw a different meaning. Houken had been old and alone yet he killed 6 of the most powerful men and woman of his age, he would have given anything for that power. Now with the darkness surronding him he wondered how that boy could have been so blind.

He gritted his teeth and began to chant in an language unlike any of them perhaps Zoan had heard before. It sounded fondemently wrong and evil despite almost none of them except perhaps Galen and the teachers could reconigize it as the language of the shadow world and even Galen and Zoan likely were the only ones who had any chance in translating his words.

"Darkness between the worlds i call to you. Before light there was darkness, evil and death before good rose to combat it. Eternal darkness i call apon you as the blood of Houken the Black to obey my will, give me the power to crush my enemy's beneath my feet and destroy those who resist my power." He said, the chant taking quite awhile, while doing this he couldn't focus on anoything else which made it dangerous to do in battle in addition to other risk. Then from the void around him a voice spoke. It was dark and powerful, sounding like the mix of a scream, roar, and a snarl. It started with a slow chuckle and such massive energy emitted from the shadow that even Zoan could not match it in raw power. In the world of the shadow there were beasts and nightmares of every kind and level of power. Some were so powerful that Akio never believed he would be strong enough to control them, strength that could level cities, but this power ruled over them all. It was inexaustable and the fouliest kind of presence. It made even the strongest beasts of the shadow world seem fragile and was the only power he ever felt that matched that power he felt 10 years ago. Above all it provoked fear stronger then he ever felt, fear of the dark, fear of the unknown. Humanitys greatest and most primal fears. "Very well darkling." It said amused as suddenly the power surged into him. Akio's body arced as he gave a silent scream of pain as the power flowed into him searing his veins and trying to take control of his body. Tendrils of darkness poared into him like an unstopple tide. He gritted his teeth and with all his power cut off the flow before it overwelmed him and the tendrils of darkness slunk back with most of their energy still to give. The voice this time only spoke in his head. "Still weak." It said with a dark laugh before akio felt the presence disappear entirely.

Akio was different now, his aura already dark to make someone uneasy now gave a measure of power like the aura before to bring out the strongest primal fears of humanity of the dark and unknown, while it seemed to almost freeze the air before now it seemed to make it alive with living darkness. Darkness came off him like a dark cloak as his shadow reformed and when he looked up his pupil and a black stain as dark as midnight had crept along the white of his eyes as he starred at the enemy in front of him. "Be ready to move out." He said to his team, his voice deeper now as he prepared.

Mateus Steadman
Mat listened closely to the plan. It didn't suit his normal ways of fighting, he was far more subtle than conjuring storms. A rain storm was easy, real simple by manipulating water, but a thunderstorm was something else. Lightning was caused by winds flowing through the clouds until a static charge was created that pooled in the cloud until what was essentially a giant spark shot between the earth and the skies. He could do it, but it would require his full attention. He'd take it in steps. For now, he simply started moving the moisture around him. The plants were a great source of water vapor and he used them well, lifting the water into the air. The definite hard part would be the dew point of the water, thunder was easier to create with a lower dew point and it was impossible for Mat to cool the air. He assured himself this was doable if he took his time. He nodded to confirm he would do this just before the booming voice of Master Granta confirmed it was time to prepare.

As he set up, he walked behind Aurellia to whisper some advice in her ear. "If you wait until the sky is black, then use the static in the clouds you can save a lot of energy. When I've finished we can also attack together, I will dissolve salts into the water, you take the lead and I'll support you." Hopefully only his team heard that, it was quiet enough that anyone at a distance would struggle to hear him but loud enough that his team should make out the basics. His own plan was to create water capable of carrying electricity by using an electrolyte solution. If they struck together, Aurellias electricity moving through Mats water would prove to be useful. If Meg were able to loosen the ground on the enemies side then it would be even easier to pull out the salts, and better yet, the mud created from the rain would make the water already contain enough salt.

For now he'd focus on the storm. The air was heavy with water now, only people with a strong affinity with air or water, and to an extent any asthmatics that might notice the harder breathing, would be able to notice. With water in the air, Mat only need to move the winds in his favor. Subtlety was his true strength and it was very clear that moving the forces of nature was easy to him, unless one knew he was up to something it would be very difficult to know it was him moving the atmosphere. "I'm ready," He stated as he adjusted his glasses with the heel of his hand. A habit that he'd picked up from wearing his blades on his arms. He adjusted his glasses a lot, and should he accidentally release a blade while he was doing so...Well, having an impaled face didn't much suit Mat's desires.

Status
Not open for further replies.