1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
From 1953 to 1973, the CIA ran a staggering number of mind control experiments as part of Project MKULTRA. A combination of drugs, torture, and more dubious tools were applied to citizens of the USA and Canada, frequently without their consent or regard for their safety, until Director Richard Helms had the project stopped and ordered the destruction of all files.

When the inquiries and prosecutions began, precious few files were available. It was only in later years some of the missing tapes and documents were recovered, and in 2001 further documents were finally declassified. By then, only conspiracy nuts were paying attention - the project had largely been a failure.

It's 2018, now, and you figure MKULTRA will make a great documentary topic for your filmmaking class. It's also a great excuse for a roadtrip over an otherwise dull summer: one of the decommissioned research facilities is still abandoned, out in Nevada somewhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Four players: two film students, a chemistry/pharmacology student, and an acting/fine art student who knows their way around illegal substances.
As long as the characters fit those molds, they'll be fine.

cc: @Sideris & @Alexandra

Even though we're not the agents, don't make me pull that picture out again :P I'm down.

Reactions: Excession
I would be interested in one of the film students.

Potentially interested in either the chemistry or art student if time (+tendonitis rip) allows! I've read about the Canadian side of MKUltra, and roadtripped thru Nevada, so this grabbed my interest even though I wasn't actively looking for another rp.

If you can find the time, that'd be great - that'd make the group four and we could get started.

If you can find the time, that'd be great - that'd make the group four and we could get started.
I'll say yes if you don't mind waiting a few days. Thing is, tendon issues have been preventing me from replying for a week. The swelling has yet to recede and I'm super behind on replies.

How often do you expect a response?

I can wait, and hope for your full recovery.

I'd only ask a couple of posts a week, and I prefer concise posts.

I can wait, and hope for your full recovery.

I'd only ask a couple of posts a week, and I prefer concise posts.
Sweet! I can do that. I expect to be more or less operational in two days or so.

Good stuff.

LEMME SEE SOME CHARACTER CONCEPTS YOU LOT.

Do you have a preference as to which character I take?

I reckon the chemistry student would be better, if that's cool with you.

If anyone happens to be studying on the GI Bill, that may also come in handy.

It's a long dark road ahead...

I'll whip you up a sheet when you've got a bio, unless you know your way around Chronicles of Darkness already.

I reckon the chemistry student would be better, if that's cool with you.

If anyone happens to be studying on the GI Bill, that may also come in handy.

It's a long dark road ahead...

I'll whip you up a sheet when you've got a bio, unless you know your way around Chronicles of Darkness already.
A sheet'd be great. I've never dabbled in this particular medium.

I'm down for the art/theatre student. Probably studying production design, so they'll be a handy type, and in possession of a van as well as other substances...

You know, I really don't know about this subject so I'm going to back out. Sorry! Hope you guys have fun!

You know, I really don't know about this subject so I'm going to back out. Sorry! Hope you guys have fun!

You actually needn't know more than necessary to make and play your character - I'll handle the overall arc, reveals, NPCs...

Reactions: BookDragon
Okay then, I can give it a go. I'd like to do a film student still

I'd be interested in playing a pharmacology student if there's still room, but if the van's full I wish you all the best. I spent a couple weeks out in Nevada at my cousin's place so I figured it would be fun.

I'd be interested in playing a pharmacology student if there's still room, but if the van's full I wish you all the best. I spent a couple weeks out in Nevada at my cousin's place so I figured it would be fun.
I was gonna play the pharmacology student, but if you want to take the spot, I'd graciously step aside to make room. I'm interested in this rp, but also have a lot on the go, so I'd be happy either way.

I was gonna play the pharmacology student, but if you want to take the spot, I'd graciously step aside to make room. I'm interested in this rp, but also have a lot on the go, so I'd be happy either way.

You can keep your spot, I'll just back out. Peace guys.