Rivalry of Departments

"Then let's start packing up our stuff and take it back to the apartment, cause I can't get any work done if I have to stay in your office." He said as he walked to the front of the desk, ready to help Ashton pack up before they go to his office and pack up as well. It may actually be a lot easier to work from home, the two of them could be within eye sight of each and not be more than twenty feet away either. It didn't bother him not to see the other employees because he didn't feel as if any of them were close enough to him to call them his friends.

"Very well," he said, standing up. Finding a broken down box underneath his desk that he had been saving for the day he got fired or retired, he made it square again before packing his most-needed materials into it. When he had everything, he said, "Let's do yours then," before walking past Rei and going down the hall. He didn't entirely like the idea of leaving his office, but he didn't have much choice in the matter.

Watching as he finished packing, the two of them went to Rei's room, where he also had a box for him to pack up his things. When he was done downloading all his files onto a USB, he placed it into his pocket and picked up his box so that the two of them could go to their cars. As they were walking out together, everyone was staring at them wondering what was going or thinking that they had both been fired due to their numerous fights. Rei was actually happy he'd get to work at home, though he was hoping that the two of them would at least become friends in some way to make it easier on them.

Ashton hated the way that everyone was staring, knowing what they were thinking. Biting the inside of his cheek, he walked over to his car, popping the trunk and placing his box of things in it. Nodding towards Rei, he unlocked his car, getting into it and turning his key in the ignition. Pulling out of the parking lot, he made his way back to the apartment, careful to keep Rei in sight so that their boss couldn't call him out on being too far away from him.

As they arrived at the apartment, they went up to with the apartment with their boxes. When they were finally inside, Rei sat his box down on the dining table before taking a seat at the table as well. "Do you think this will all work out and maybe we'll be friends?" He asked Ashton, wondering what he truly thought would be the outcome of this 'partnership'.

Ashton did the same as Rei, and answered his question with, "Hell if I know...but we don't have much of a choice, do we?" Slouching in his seat, he sighed, wondering how in the world they would make it work. Yawning, he pushed himself off of the dining table chair and said, "I've gotta get some work done...I need my laptop." He gestured towards his bedroom, where his laptop was.

Getting up from the table, Rei followed Ashton into his room where the laptop was. It was obviously going to be the first of many times to come that he'd be entering into Ashton's room. Remembering the fact that they'll be sleeping in the same bed, Rei didn't know if he'd be comfortable with that because he tended to cling on to the person in the same bed as him. Shaking his head, he waited for Ashton to get his laptop before saying something without thinking.

"You have some nice things in here, of course we have different interests." He had said while looking around the room. He used to think that the two of them didn't have much in common, but he saw things that were similar to what he'd brought from his apartment. Deciding to tease Ashton a little, he smirked to himself as he then spoke. "Do you think it's good to do work on the same computer you watch your little'videos' on?"

"And you call me childish," Ashton said, frowning as he unplugged his laptop. "Besides, I don't need to watch it on my computer when I can get it in real life." He rolled his eyes, brushing past Rei. Sitting down at the table, he plugged his laptop back up, opening the top. As he typed in his password, he waited for it to power up.

"D'you wanna get yours?" he asked, looking up at Rei. "Mine is gonna take a few minutes." The frown disappeared from his face, but he was in no way happy. He decided that he would stay awake as long as possible, to avoid sleeping in the same bed as Rei. It wouldn't work for too long, though. Ashton had always been quick to fall asleep, no matter his reason for staying up. Biting back a yawn, he pushed himself off of the chair.

Agreeing that he should get his, Rei walked into his bedroom and went to the other side of his bed, where his laptop was. As he bent down to get it out of it's bag along with the adapter, Rei's eyes almost popped out of their sockets when he noticed the pictures of him and his ex came out of the bag as well. Quickly putting them back in, he brought the laptop to his chest before walking back out of the room with Ashton right behind him. Plugging the computer up as well as he turned it out, when the home screen came up, he typed in his password and got out his USB.

"Tomorrow, you'll have to come with me to party. I hope you have some dress clothes or we could go get you some." He said as he plugged in the USB and started uploading all the information into his computer.

"Of course I have dress clothes," Ashton replied indignantly, slightly offended by the fact that Rei wasn't sure. "How formal are we talking, then? Wedding formal or just like a nice kickback?" Cutting his attention in half, paying attention to both his work and Rei's answer, he opened the e-mail he had sent himself, which contained his work files.

Downloading the files, he began typing up one of the reports he had been assigned, frowning at the screen in front of him. It was more boring than anything else, and he was left feeling drained within five minutes. Forcing himself to press forwards, knowing that he still had to do his job, even if he was stuck in an apartment with someone he disliked.

"As in an elite party with stars, business owners and of course a royal member from a country. Do you have any well-known designer suits?" He asked wondering what he'd say to him. Looking up at Ashton from his computer to see that he was becoming bored rather quickly with his report. Laughing to himself, he went back to his own work, talking to intelligence about getting him and Ashton onto the party list. They did most of the work of getting him to places and giving him things that he would need while he is on his missions.

Ashton made a sputtering sound. "Of course not," he answered. "I'm just Agent Ashton Wilder, not Special Agent, not Field Agent. They pay me what's left over from the other guys. If I had a fancy Gucci suit, do you honestly think I'd be only an agent?" Shaking his head, he turned back to his work, his fingers flying along the keys. It was a tell-tale sign that he was getting annoyed at something. Whenever he did, his typing speed increased exponentially, and he gained an odd look on his face. Rubbing his eyes when the report was finally finished, he made a phone call to the appropriate agent, having a brief conversation with him before hanging up, stretching briefly.

Rei knew that was the answer he was going to get from him. Spies were paid a bit more than agents were, but they still needed to get him a suit for tomorrow. Looking up at the clock, he closed his computer when he say that Ashton was finished with his work. "Let's go get you a suit." He said as he picked up his keys and wallet, so they could go to his usual tailor to get him suit. "Don't worry, my tailor is the best and knows how to make the perfect suit for anyone who walks in." Gesturing for Ashton to follow him to his car.

"Very well," Ashton said, closing the top of his computer as he stood up. Checking his pockets for everything he might need, like his phone, his keys, and other odds and ends he kept on his person at all times, he straightened as he followed Rei towards his car, grinning slightly as he realized he was just taller than his partner. He wasn't entirely sure about Rei's choice in tailor's, but he wasn't about to turn down an offer for a professional tailor, so he said nothing.

After they got into his car, Rei began to drive towards his tailor that he went to for almost everything. He was a fashion designer and made all the clothes himself as well as had those made by some of the best designers in the world. Parking right in front of the shop, the two of them got out of the car and walked into the shop, where his tailor and good friend greeted them. The owner kissed both men on the cheeks, asking Rei what he was doing here. "We have a job coming up soon and my partner doesn't have a designer suit for the party we will be attending." Rei explained before Leon, his tailor, started to circle Ashton to get a good look at his body.

Rei shook his head a little bit before hearing Leon speak up. "Alright then, go into that dressing room and strip down to your underwear. We have to take your measurements." Rei found it a little entertaining that Ashton seemed to be Leon's type, but he decided to keep that to himself.

Ashton had to struggle to keep himself from pulling away as the tailor kissed his cheeks, though he couldn't help but flinch. Feeling a redness spreading across his face when the man started circling him, not liking the feeling of being examined, the color spread in greater concentration and speed when he was told to take off his clothes. He didn't like that look on Rei's face, either.

"Fine," he eventually said. Walking stiffly to the dressing room, he shut the door firmly before he began to shed his clothing, not believing he was actually doing it. It was only for measurements, he told himself.

Leaving his clothes in a pile by the corner when he was in nothing but his grey boxers, he bit the inside of his cheek before calling out, "I'm...uh, undressed..." Looking at himself in the mirror, he saw his nicely toned body, gained from years of working out in order to meet regulation and then some. Frowning at himself, he waited for the tailor.

As Rei and Leon were just outside of the dressing room waiting for Ashton to be ready. "You're so lucky, Rei~. To have such a man living with you." He said as thought about what he looked like in only his underwear until he got to see him. "Lucky? I don't think so. We're actually not very fond of each other." Leon gasped out loud in surprise to hear his good friend say that about someone. "That can't be. He has good looks and even though I haven't seen it 'yet', isn't his body just your type?" Leon looked at Rei with a glare as the male shrugged his shoulders since he didn't care.

Hearing Ashton say that he was undressed now, Leon's eyes light up before announcing in a high tone that he was coming in. Seeing as they were quite far apart now, Rei walked in after Leon, but then turned his back to the two so he wasn't looking at his body. "You have an amazing body, Ashton. If only you were interested in man." Sighing sadly, Leon slowly took his measurements, enjoying the time to touch a great body like his. "You have more to work with, seeing as Rei always has to stay lean. But his body is great too. Milky soft skin and want an a- OUCH!" Before Leon could finish, Rei kicked him in the shin and glared at him, as if telling him to finish up.

Ashton was pretty sure that if he got any redder, an Italian tourist would mistake him for a tomato and try to put him in a pizza sauce. He had been about to tell Rei to wait outside when he saw him following the tailor, but remembered the assignment and, not for the first time that hour, cursed their boss for being such a sadist.

Feeling slightly creepy at having Leon describe Rei's body to him, he did his best to ignore the tailor, feeling slightly better when Rei kicked him in the shin. Though he would never admit it, Ashton did technically swing both ways. Of course, he would never admit it in front of Rei or any of his friends, not sure how chatty they were. And Leon seemed especially so.

"Right," Ashton said after Leon was kicked. "Uh, can we move along...? I sort of want to get a headstart on work tomorrow..."

Leon quickly finished up the measurements, before writing everything down on a clipboard that was hanging in the room already. "I'll send the suit tonight." Leon said as he asked for Rei for the address. Once Leon left the room, Rei turned towards Ashton, yawning a little bit. "You can calm down now. Leon isn't going to do anything to you, he's married anyway. He enjoys seeing all types of bodies of fit men, a bonus to having this job." Rei reassured him. Looking over the male's body, he couldn't deny that he was the perfect body type for him, but his personality was the ultimate turn off. Rei looked for older mature like men, who he could take care of because they lack that part of them, you could say he wanted to be a wife really.

"Is there anything you'd like to get while we're out?" He asked as he watched his partner get dressed again before they left out of the dressing room. Right when Rei was walking out, he was looking down before his face smacked into another person with a hard chest. Rubbing his forehead a little, he brought his eyes up to see that it was Leon's husband and his own cousin, Will. "Nice to see you too, Will." Rei said in a monotone. Will wasn't much of a talker, so he just nodded before looking over to see Ashton and began thinking that he was Rei's boyfriend, so he gave him a hard glare.

Rei was an only child and Will always was protective over him like the older cousin he was. "It's not like that Will." Rei reassured him, seeing him look back down at his cousin with a happy look in his eyes. Patting his cousin on his chest, before walking over to Ashton again.

Ashton had been about to answer negative to Rei's question when he ran into another man. Catching the glare that Will gave him, he held his gaze, not letting himself be fazed. When Rei reassured the man, Ashton realized what the glare must have been for, and sighed heavily. However, when he was approached, he said, "Hey, man, if you want me to bump into you, too, okay then." Mimicking what Rei had done, Ashton stepped forwards until his head bumped into the man's chest before backing up a couple steps.

"If that's all, I think I'll be going," Ashton said, straightening his jacket before walking around Will.