Rise of the Runelords: Chapter 1

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The church for Serenus. Gots to make sure all the peoples are taken cared of.

Don't worry, the churches will be there when you contract a disease. =D

Brothels are always nice.

Voren will likely go with Quink and do scholarly stuff, whatever and where ever that might be. If Quink decides he wants to be a dick and bitch about everything, then Voren will probably stick around the church and schmooze with Tath or something.

Right, we'll start at 6pm EST tomorrow.

Since I don't have dungeon walls to box you in with, some tighter controls are needed for the town exploration session. I'll be using initiative order for roleplaying scenes and focusing on one scene/subplot at a time. If it's not your scene, please don't jam up the chatbox with macros and conversations.. Let the other guy focus and get through their shit.

Depending on how much you all scatter, you may be sitting out while you wait for some other jackoff to conclude their mini-arc. I'll try to keep things cranked. But I've never juggled this many cats before.

All being well, we'll level at the end of the session.

Hmmm, I'll try to think up something that pairs me with 2-3 other players, to keep things moving. That way, Asmo won't have to juggle so many NPCs

Reactions: Zen
*sees that it's two hours until game time*

O____O

Must. Get. Food.

Powerless Robe of Bones (smells of women's perfume)
Goblin shiv dagger.
Mysterious Ring (Evocation aura).
50gp left in tear-soaked purse by Foxglove in An-Nur's room.

Well between the ten of us, we'd each get 7 gold pieces each, including the gold from last session. I don't see anything from the treasure that I would want so have at it.

If I'm assuming that we're waiting until midnight we can try to identify the loot.

Serenus casts Detect Magic upon the loot to find anything shiny.

Rolling for HP as well.

... Well Aarkom, at least you did better than me.

I'm just happy that it will take TWO bites from a skeleton to kill me, now.

Serenus detects strong evocation energy coming from the ring. Even stronger when it's near the standing stones.

The marks, on closer inspection, seem to be an engraving of a bird's skeleton. But it is hard to identify what kind of bird without more expert anatomical knowledge.

Each standing stone has a different bird skeleton depicted. And neither Serenus nor Tatharel have noticed these marks before.

They had always been told (by Father Zantus) that these were the original pagan standing stones that ancient Varisians held ceremonies around, and the church was built over them to honour their beliefs. But until now, they have never looked closely enough to see the carvings (which have become a little more distinct since the ring was brought into the church).

After puzzling over this, Serenus moves to examine the two Cure potions that were taken from the goblin raiders. But she finds they are missing from the loot pile. One of the acolytes tells her that "those two bounty hunters" came back in the late afternoon and took the potions while the rest of you were at the tavern.

Everyone else - feel free to roll some knowledge checks or do some shopping. You have maybe a couple of hours before you leave for the Glassworks.

Rolling to see what kind of bird it is on the stone carving.

Knowledge Nature: 17

Rolling spellcraft on the ring.

Spellcraft: 19

Rolling to see what the pagan rituals were like. i.e. evil/good, for fertility, good luck, etc.

Knowledge Religion : 11

The Spellcraft reveals nothing. You cannot fathom what the Evocation energy is doing inside the ring.

You recognize the skeleton from your days in the Mierani Forest. They are the bone drawings of an eagle. The only religious significance you know is that the Shoanti revere the eagle as a creature of wrath.

Little is known of the rituals performed in the original standing circle. Many believe they were performance-based - dances to honour the sunrise and welcome the harvests. The ground in the middle of the circle, on which the church altar was built, was originally a tor worn down by generations of dancers moving upon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.