Rise of the Runelords: Chapter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm....

Let's not have a main session this Friday. I think we all need to unwind and enjoy the downtime.

Instead, I'll do mini-sessions with whoever wants them. A lot of An-Nur's prison scenes would be silly if we have all seven of you in there.

Also, she has a very friendly lawyer who might want to come see you all individually.

Current Ideas
- Kolto out in the wild, tracking those pesky Chapter 1 villains.
- Kolto being drunk in a tavern.
- The brothers setting up their business.
- The brothers getting their next job.
- Serenus eating shit and tripping balls.
- Serenus mentally raping the population.
- Rodeh and the Shoanti, doing man stuff.
- Rodeh partying at the White Deer Inn.
- Voren meeting that guy who I've been wanting him to meet.
- Tahlzair & Voren investigating their blades
- People visiting An-Nur to stop her going insane.
- Mr Lawyer Man visiting everyone else to use up his 8/day Discern Lies spells.
- Small-town Courtroom Hearing Drama!

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Cerulean
Yes and Yes. Also, yes to the loan. XD

If jam is about Friday would be great to do a mini session where we set up our business and get our next job.

If you guys actually post character bios in the Chapter 2 thread, you've got yourselves a deal.

MONTH 1
Kolto drunk.
An-Nur in cell.
Rodeh visits his tribe.
Serenus moving out and searching for the Seven Rings.
Tahlzair and Dhoryl take over the Fatman's Feedbag.
Voren ...?

MONTH 2
Kolto tracking Tsuto & Nualia.
Rodeh helps with the tracking.
An-Nur in cell.
Serenus studying.
Tahlzair and Dhoryl establishing the Rotgut bounty hunter agency.
Tahlzair investigating his black blade.
Voren ...?

MONTH 3
Serenus visiting An-Nur and eating crows.
An-Nur escapes her cell and runs f-- Nah, just kidding.
Kolto and Rodeh still tracking.
Tahlzair & Dhoryl ...?
Voren ...?

Mini session for the bounty hunters tonight, setting up a business and visiting An-Nur. Join if you like, but don't bitch when there's nothing for you to do except convey emotions, backstory and character nuance.

I'm ready for my defense, now.
(And for the record, that's Kiefer Sutherland, not Jack Bauer)

giphy.gif

Real quick @Aarkom and @Talon Phoenix I wasn't deliberately trying to be difficult with giving Tsuto's whereabouts. An-Nur really has no idea where he could be after a month of being in hiding, since she's been in jail for a month now. Her resources are limited. And she also has very little motivation in the first place to help you find him or Nualia, since she spent Chapter 1 murdering and betraying innocent people just to ensure their safety. Not much reason for her to back track on that conviction, now.

You'll have to find someone else to help you on that.

*Waves his hand in the air wildly at the brothers*

It's almost as if Kolto has been tracking them since week two. :D

No need to apologize it all went a bit tits up when there sherif decided to accompany us, it threw us totally.

Grumpy if kolto finds tsuto don't hurt him. If you dont hurt him there will be free ale for life for kolto.

Kolto's planning to bring him in alive if he can, don't worry. We need a replacement fall-guy, after all.

Is 'slightly beaten and bruised' acceptable?

Cos I doubt the fucker's gonna come in without a fight.

Hey, is there a chance Rodeh can take a little break from hunting monks to stalk look for a witch?

If you get rid of nulia I'm sure he will be more willing to come back to Sandpoint. Can't see him leaving nulia while she lives.

We can make that a mini session, yeah. You'll probably need a Local Knowledge or Diplomacy Check to find out where she's living now.

@Zen - you'll need to choose a house on the Sandpoint map.

Since I don't have Knowledge (Local), is there anyway I can track her magic using Knowledge (Arcana), Survival or something as well? =D

Rolled an 11 on the Dip check

*rolls out the bollicking wagon again*

Okay, these mini-sessions are getting bizarre.

Am I making things too complicated? I'm reading from a pre-written adventure script designed for teenagers will social difficulties. But I still detect immense confusion from some of you. Rise of the Runelords is the most basic-bitch of the campaigns... not War and Peace.

We just slogged through six hours of combat to get to the one character who knew something and could tell you something. And you just killed him. Because... I'm guessing... just because it was another token on the map... and you think you need to kill every token you see...?

Tsuto and Nualia's trail has now gone cold. And I'll have to roll with that punch.

And when Hemlock called you on this bullshit, all of your responses were "Oh, that's just Hemlock being an asshole!"

Because.... he's an NPC, right? And all NPCs are bitches, assholes, idiots and pawns. That's why I provide them for you. Right?

I think this is why Tegan keeps running off on her own. So that she has a chance to talk to NPCs before they are dismissed, or talk to villains before they are slaughtered with a single attack. What would have happened if she hadn't gone ahead to Thistletop? You would've just charged in there and killed everyone and been like "Oh, some half-demon chick. That was weird." And we would have lost SO MUCH emotional content.

I've said it before - this is a roleplay. There are millions upon millions of video games you can play if you want that cheap thrill of killing a token. This surely can't be satisfying for you, if you're just here to hit things and get gold. Play Warcraft. At least it has sound effects.

Right now you are driving Tegan into solo adventuring. Which means more work for me, designing maps and skipping ahead in the plot, because she's the only person working stuff out.

And no - I'm not helping her. She's actually just rolling dice that aren't connected to her attack stats.

I used to think you were all confused by the plot, and that's why you take so long to respond... to anything that's going on. But then, even when something is crystal clear, or even when you've all apparently agreed on something, you go ahead and do the exact opposite.

Your planning seems to come down to, "let's go here and roll a skill check", or "let's go talk to X and get the information" - and when that doesn't immediately work out for you it causes complete paralysis of the session.

It's bad enough that half the group has connection problems or exhaustion. But even when you are 100% present there are still mind-boggling mistakes being made.

Please help me craft this story. There is so much great stuff if you just interact with the world beyond button-mashing and mouse-clicking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.