Rise of the Dragon Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esset Kaoru Richtofen
Halfway into the generally tedious walk down the path between his home and his Day Care, Esset heard a vicious roar. Looking around him, Esset saw nothing out of the ordinary, but something still didn't feel very right. Esset took a few tentative steps forward, and looked around once more. There was a break in the wooded path surrounding him, leading to a separate trailhead. On this trailhead was a large Dragon Pokemon, dancing around and bobbing it's head to and fro.

"What in the..." Esset mumbled, slowly beginning to crouch-walk towards the bobbing Pokemon. Pulling out his Pokeball containing Ditto, Esset continued his way forward to the Pokemon.

A few moments later, the large Dragon Pokemon turned around, and roared again. Once it had turned around with it's front in perfect view, Esset knew exactly what it was. It was a Fraxure; one of the Dragon Pokemon that had been raised by Esset alongside of his Gible. This Pokemon charged towards Esset, roaring in joy. "Hey, big guy. You scared me. How did you get out of your stall?" Esset asked the Pokemon, laughing slightly.

Looking beyond the Fraxure, Esset noticed a few people that he knew very well, outside of a building owned by someone fairly well known in the village: Minami. He called out to the people gathered around this building as he jogged down the path to them, the Fraxure thump-thump-thumping behind him.

"Hey, all, where y'all headed?"

Oliver gratefully accepted the cup of coffee and took a testing sip of the good stuff. He could almost feel the hot coffee burning away his tiredness and after a few more sips, he couldn't help but feel refreshed from his night of not sleeping, and he decided to button up and just absorb the company he was in. He hadn't been surrounded by so many different people since he'd left school. He kept an eye on Crooks through the window, watching the giant pokemon lookup at the mountains with a sort of cool longing. He recognised the feeling of boredom in her as something that most often came out while he did his smithing work. Every time he saw it, he felt a twinge of guilt at having to neglect her.

Soon enough, he finished up the cup of coffee, and was moving to take his plate and the cup and wash them in Minami's sink. He would have felt downright rude if he had just left the stuff on the side. Once he was done washing the plate, the cup and the cutlery, Oliver moved out of the kitchen and towards the door, standing outside Minami's house and offering a hand up to Crooks. The Tyrantrum lowered her snout to Oliver's hand, and allowed him to rub her snout with readily offered affection. "I'm ready when you are, Minami. Crooks certainly can't wait to get going, it seems."

Through murky black clouds of ink shot a Dragalge with ill intent and the look of complete concentration twisting her face into a fearsome sight to behold. As she chased the school of Tentacool along the ocean floor she would shoot a wall of smoke to deter any stragglers from escape. Nearing her master's nets she would throw on the afterburners making sure she kept the squid pokemon's mind off of where they were going and on trying their best not to get caught by the scary dragon pokemon. It was quite a futile effort however as several meters above them on the surface awaited Cooper, their pursuer's master, patiently and attentively.

Cooper was in his trusty fishing vessel, The Fair Maiden, watching for the signal bouy to sink indicating his net was ready to be pulled aboard. Moments later he got what he was waiting for. Jumping to action he ran along the left side of the deck to a lever with an orange handle pulling it downward to its furthest posistion. The pulley system it was atached to sprung to life as water logged tow rope began to run along its course pulling the last net of the day out of the briny deep. A few minutes later the net began to breach the water's surface. Cooper turned to say something, but before he could a swoosh yellow and black ran through his field of view.

It was an eager helioptile ready to go to work perched atop the pulley system's outstretched arm over the side of the boat hauling in the net of flopping wriggling Tentacruel. Once the net had completely broke the surface Cooper signaled to his Helioptile. Knowing what to do the little guy wrapped his tail around one of the junctions of the net and his ears unfurled revealing the pattern known to his species. Closing his eyes the electrical power inside him released and everyone knows what happens when water and electricity meet. Once finished the Helioptile climbed back aboard landing on a green handled lever that activated the net arm.

As the net swung the net aboard Cooper's Dragalge partner made a beautiful flip out of the water with a cry of victory. She landed with a hearty splash soaking her master and junior.

"Caught yourself an early victory prize for breakfast already did ya, Katrina? No wander it took you so long to join us up top."

She let out an affrimative proud cry in return to his inquiry and assumption.

"Well you deserved it you did an excellent job today. We actually may not have to go back out tonight."

The Helioptile chirpped up unassuredly and climbed up to his master's shoulder licking Cooper's face. Cooper smiled and rubbed it's ears.

"Hahaha, You did a good job too Apollo. I am very proud of you both."

Turning to the green handled lever he flipped it and the arm stopped the net over the middle of the deck. Tugging on a knot at the bottom of the net he released the Tentacool over a inner chamber of the ship exposed by a trap door he had kicked open. Inside the chamber was a sea of various fish pokemon covered in ice chips to keep them fresh. As the squid pokemon flowed into the chamber a sudden thud halted the process. Looking around Cooper saw nothing particularly out of order. It wasn't until Apollo pointed to the chamber did he see the massive Alomomola among the new catch. Seeing the coin he could make off of her he hurryly finished his work and wheeled The Fair Maiden for shore.

A couple hours later he made land fall on the docks of his home village Alaraja. The rest of his business' fleet of three, including The Maiden, was already unloading their payloads.

"Captain Bolton welcome home sir!."

"I told you guys to stop calling me that! Cooper or Coop is just fine.!"

"Yessir Cap...Cooper, sir."

Cooper's crew was previously and intensely trained and employed by his father, Lawrence Bolton, and as they say old habits die hard. Even eight years later the men insist on passing the title down despite the valiant efforts of their current employer. Letting the moment pass Cooper didn't let it spoil his good mood as he gathered his men. He could not wait to tell them the good news of his day.

"Good news guys. You get the rest of the day off...Hold it now don't get to excited. You guys still need to unload The Maiden and gussy up that big ol' Alolomola for the market. I'm auctioning her off myself. Now get to work while I go file some paperwork for the festival."

The four men and their partner diligently got to work unloading their young Captain's ship. Their cheers could be heard from a hundred meters away in the processing building as they pulled the Alomamola from the hold. Minutes later Cooper came back to a wheeled cart with a freshly cleaned and ice packed catch of the day ready for auction. A while after that Cooper began to roll through the market belting praises about his prized catch appealing to anyone that might be interested. Boy was there interest almost immediately did he reach his usual spot among the market he was receiving bids for the fish pokemon. Trying his best to hold back his smile he proceeded with the auction. It had been a while since he last felt this elated.

She smiled as she ushered everybody out and closed the door behind her. Kisuke was already hopping up and down excited outside and she giggled at the sight. 'Just one second Oliver, let me just saddle up this guy and I'll join you.' she said, walking to the side of the house. She took out a key and opened the door to the extension of the house where she kept and cleaned Kisuke's saddle.
She strapped the black leather saddle onto the dragon's back and laughed as Kisuke bounded out towards Crooks and Oliver.

She had just walked back after locking the door when a voice reached her ear. She looked back and smiled faintly. 'Esset, how are you?' she asked. 'I was about to go out on patrol actually, so I don't have much time to chat.' she smiled sheepishly while she returned to Oliver's side.

Last edited:
Oliver watched Minami go off and saddle up Kisuke, making a start on the trip as the woman locked up her house and made brief conversation with Esset. He wouldn't have minded if Minami stuck around to talk with the man, but she soon made her way back to his side. Oliver smiled as she began to walk beside him, despite having saddled up her Noivern. "Right then, lets get to the mountains, shall we? Wouldn't want to keep you from that patrol for too long, would we?"

To emphasise his dedication to speeding the mountain walk along, Crooks seems to lower her head and allow Oliver to climb onto her back. The Tyrantrum starts to rise, but Oliver taps her with a foot, telling her to wait. "Care to ride of the back of a Tyrantrum? Not quite the same experience as flying on a Dragon's back, but it is an experience none-the-less."

Delté sat precariously halfway up a tree, with a notepad and pen.
Tzu bounded across the ill-composed branch, tremors causing fluctuations in Delté's writing. He growled in animosity to his Pokémon. "Tzu, cut that out."
More furtive bouncing. It seemed almost frantic.
"TZU!" Cried Delté, swaying.
Tzu gestured to a group of people congregated nearby, including Oliver and Minami.
Delté grunted. "Yep, people. How about that. Whoop-di-flipping-do. Let me write my essay, thank you."
Tzu cawed in exasperation, leaping from the branch and gliding lethargically toward the group of people.

( Timeskip, just describe your day and a few days after that in short :3 And please forgive me for taking so long T^T)

After leaving to the mountains with Oliver, riding Crooks for a little while and asking about Oliver's occupation a bit, Minami went off to her patrol. The day passed rather uneventful after her busy morning, but she was glad when her shift ended and she could return home.
She went straight to cooking as she got home, making a mareep-stew with vegetables on the side and looking around Orion.
After dinner she took a nice bath that Kisuke warmed up for her and soaked in it for a while before going to bed.

The next few days passed a bit hectic compared to the leisure day she spend before. There were several wild dragon encounters with a dragonite that just couldn't be tamed and had to be transported off the island. At the same time there were preparations for the tournament and Minami had to help keep the dragons in check as they readied the arena.

Minami woke up the morning before the tournament, groaning softly at the ache in her muscles from the tough days before.
She got out of bed and took a shower before walking down stairs and making herself a bowl of oatmeal.
She had a day off from work today and would use it to go buy some fish at the market and go register herself and Kisuke for the tournament.

Cooper sold the Alomomola for quitw the hefty sum. He quite proud of his work. With the money he could now afford to fix that fourth fishing vessel to make it sea worthy enough to add to the fleet. So after a day of ordering the parts he went home and settled in for a nice dinner and a good nights rest. The next morning he set out to sea earlier than usual so he could make sure to make it back to register for the tournament after opening the market for a few hours. While he was at sea he scooped up a decent sized school of Luvdisc. Happy with his haul he made way to the market with it. At his booth he called out with his usual spiel of praises of the days catch.

Sciona didn't do much the next few days. He slept, forgot to eat, and built things, often tearing them back down.

~The day before the tournament~

Sciona was wandering the village, a notebook in his hand, a pencil in his mouth. Every now and then, he quickly scribbled something down in the book. There was a far-off look in his eyes. He kept accidentally nudging people as he walked. No one got onto him, though. Everyone was used to him doing this, and he couldn't hear them anyways.

Today, everyone seemed excited, children running around, adults walking in small groups. Sciona didn't pay attention to this, though. He was lost in his thoughts, creating new ideas as he wandered. He bumped into something large and scaly.

There was an annoyed roar. Jaws clamped down around his waist lifting him into the air. Snapping out of his thoughts, he ran pushed a finger against the back of the dragon's mouth. The dragon dropped him, shaking it's head uncomfortably.

Sciona looked around, confused at his location. He seemed to have wandered close to the market. A thought swam at the edge of his mind, just on the verge of remembrance. He remembered something about a special day. Seeing Cooper at his fish stall, he raced over. "Hey, Coop! What day is it today?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooper was settling up with a customer when he heard his name. Giving the customer their change and waving goodbye he saw it was Sciona calling for him. "Hey there Sci what can I do ya for?" Sciona looked a little dazed and confused. He had his notepad out and it looked like it had been heavily used recently. "Got your head in the clouds over a build again uh? It's Friday, day before the tournament festival. Everyone is getting ready for the celebrations. Hey got some fresh Luvdisc. Caught'em myself. I'm sure Mnementh and Pena will enjoy some. I'll cut ya a deal."

Hearing Coops comment, Sciona frowned slightly, looking at his notepad. "Guess so...," he mumbles softly. He never noticed when he "lost himself to the clouds," like everyone says. "Thanks. And sure. I'll buy some. Been meaning to get them a treat lately." He began searching his many pockets for money. "Business been good lately? Been catching a lot?" Finding his coin purse, he looked up at Coop. "How much?"

Cooper chuckled and began wrapping up some decent sized fish. "You're welcome. Business has been good lately actually, Just the other day me and Katrina scooped up..." Cooper was saying then Apollo his Helioptile scuddled up his body and stopped on his shoulder chirping disapprovingly. "Yes yes, sorry. Such a little jealous butt. Apollo helped too." Cooper added with a chuckle. "We scooped up a record Alomomola and she sold for a good purse. Was able to order the parts I needed for my fourth boat." Cooper said as he finished wrapping a half dozen fish. "Just ten'll do." He added as he handed over the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.