Rise of the Dragon Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincenzo smirked wolfishly, revealing slightly sharper than average canines. He was almost vibrating with excitement at the chance of fighting Orion, his breath coming out in ragged but even intervals. He removed pouch from his waist and placed them on the table before following with his thick gloves. He had spent the past few weeks sharpening his nails on rocks in order to show some of the young, orphaned pokemon how, this has left his hands with tough, claw like nails. Vico quickly ran outside, Artemis following swiftly. She enjoyed the fighting men just as much they did themselves and cheered her brother on in the only way she knew. She began to dance, balancing herself on the bottom of her tail and wiggling the rest in almost hypnotic motions.

Vico on the other hand was moving similarly, he was slowly, methodically circling Orion. His movements were fluid and primal as focused his attention on the in front of him, the pupils of his eyes all but disappearing and reappearing as nothing but a thin vertical line of black. A low, trembling hiss left his lips as he swiftly moved in getting fairly close to the wild man before leaping backwards and circling counter-clockwise

Artemis hissed her approval, Vico was following normal Dratini/Draganair fighting behavior, teasing his opponent with feints.​

A rough tongue swiped across Sciona's face, startling him awake. He shot upwards with a yelp, knocking the chair he was in backwards. Gears, wires, and other mechanical components flew off the table in front of him. He sat up and groaned, wiping his face. Wires and small pieces of scrap metal fell away from his cheek, leaving indents. He felt warm liquid running down his cheek. He wiped his arm against it, coming away covered with blood. He seemed to have cut himself with some of the metal.

Looking around, he saw Nem standing nearby, head tilted slightly, looking down at him. "Get over here and help me up, ya beast." Nem chuffed in amusement and leaned his head down. As he grabbed onto one of Nem's horns, Nem raised his head, pulling Sciona to his feet. He licked the blood off of Sciona's arm and cheek. Sciona rubbed the ridges under Nem's neck before walking out of the shack he had his workshop in. The workshop was located in the forest behind his house. Sciona walked up to his house, running his fingers along the wall. Nem followed, climbing onto the roof to lay in the sun. Pena must've still been inside.

Smelling the delicious aroma of food coming from the direction of Minami's house, Sciona began a slow jog over. Reaching Minami's kitchen window, he slid it open and leaned against the sill. "What's cooking, Beautiful?" He grinned and combed a finger through his messy hair. He didn't see a need to fix it when it was just going to get messed up again.

Harvey smiled as he heard the man speak and then shortly after make a joke "Well if your good enough to make jokes you cant be to hurt" His eyes traced up and down the guy and mostly it seemed he had just sustained relatively minor injuries compared to how things might have ended. Reaching down into his pocket Harvey found a handkerchief and handed it to the man "You should clean of the blood around your mouth, same goes for your... unusual partner" Harvey knew it was a salamence, but he had not laid eyes upon one that looked like this. However as Harvey was busy talking to the guy Altaria was busy keeping its distance from the crash landed pair. "You are pretty luck to have crashed so close to a village, mind telling me just how this beast fell from the sky ?"

Minami groaned dissatisfied when Orion noticed Vic's presence and they jumped right into their regular hoe-down. She huffed in annoyance and placed down the plate she had prepared for her old student. 'Damnit you two! Can't I have a peaceful breakfast for once!' she razed, her eyes burning brightly.

She huffed and turned to the familiar voice of Sciona, the scientist that lived closeby. ' Well as you can see my hot-headed little brother and his equally stupid member of the pack.' she growled as she looked over at the brown haired male. She took some deep breaths to calm down and rubbed the bridge of her nose. 'Sorry about that... I just made some fried rice with scrambled eggs and bacon, you want some?' she offered.

The rider grunted a bit form the pain he felt and managed a grin in reaction to the other male's words, as if they'd change his current health status. "That's the hope anyway..." He smiled, accepting his handkerchief, using it to wipe the blood on his face, wincing a bit from the pain. His Salamence made a disapproving noise when she was referred to as unusual, holding a slight glare in her eyes when she looked toward the boy. "My unusual friend here is named Tamashí..." He said as the dragon growled in a low tone behind him, eyeing the boy. "Don't mind her, she's harmless..." He smirked a bit, the grime fully wiped away from his ashen and bloody face. Once the male asked him why he was running, the rider's face became a look of fear and worry. "We were running, there were riders like you, like me. Asking for our dragons, we didn't have any except for Tamashí so we refused. They tried to take her from me by force, beating me and she saved me, getting hurt a little bit herself. They chased us and shot us out of the sky. My village is gone now, no one made it, my mother...my entire family." He fell silent, staying quiet and looking away, Tamsahí let out soft coos like a mother would tending to its hatchlings.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Drakel
Orion never took his eyes off of Vinny, ignoring Minami for the most part. He continued with his low growl, never letting his opponent get behind him, causing them to go in a circles around each other. He noticed Vinny's claw like nails, and once again cursed Minami in his head for making him cut his down. So what if he was ripping up the furniture with them, those nails had helped him out in some tough fights back in the herd. Oh well, he didn;t need them to take down Vinny, whose only real defense was that he was a slippery devil, like his pokemon sister.

Deciding that they've done enough showing off, Orion made the first strike, making a feint for his opponents head from the right, then going for a sucker punch to the gut.

Sciona smiled, laughing softly. "Up to their old shenanigans again, huh? Why do you not do anything about this?" He hopped up onto the window and slid his legs inside. "Guess I could go for some rice. If it's not too much trouble, that is. Need any help, hun?"

She huffed slightly again. ' Because they'll try to maul me if I get in their "business" and then just do it again next time.' she sighed.
She nodded at him and filled up a plate of the rice, placing it on the table. ' Nah, I'm fine really, just eat up.'
She looked over at her other guests and smiled weakly. ' Are you guys enjoying the food? You want something to drink?' she asked.

Oliver gratefully accepted the food from Minami, and began to tuck in to the food with a slow, measured hunger. In truth, his stomach was empty and he would more than happily have wolfed down the eggs, bacon and rice: but he was trying to play the more civilised game at this point. It seemed clear that Minami had enough savages to deal with at any one time, the least he could do was to pretend to have a bit of class in his body: even if he would have devoured the food with no hint of mercy, were it just him or Crooks.

He decided to remain silent as he watched the group of people who'd gathered in Minami's house, realising he recognised absolutely none of them. Was he really such an anti-social individual? Silently, he made a vow in his head to change that. The tournament and festival would be good opportunities to do so, but perhaps just walking in the village outside of his isolated workshop would be a good way to start things off. Arceus above, some of these guys and girls might have even gone to school with him!

When Minami popped her head in to see the group and ask how the food was, Oliver smiled at her as a response. "It's delicious. If there is a cup of coffee on offer, I'd not say no. I can give you some of my stache later, to make up for the rations I've forced you to use."

• Sciona smiled slightly, going over to the table and perching on the edge of one of the chairs. He began to scoop up the rice and stuff his mouth. "My complements to the chef. I'm good on drinks, though. I bring my own, love." He looked up at her and, seeing her expression, smiled sympathetically. She was probably having a hard time with so many people. Maybe he would leave as soon as he was done. She had invited him in because she was so kind, but he wasn't sure whether she actually wanted everyone here. Orion was probably making things worse.

He shook his head slightly, opening a pocket on the vest he was wearing and withdrawing a flask. He took a bottle from the holster he had on his waist and added a small amount of it's contents to the flask. He returned the bottle and took a long swig from the flask, throwing back his head. Returning the flask to it's pocket, he quickly began to finish the rice.
  • f7f9019e90e33240c2e5143a290c2646.jpg
    3f327ee78b6c12099b6ba6d241862fa4.jpg

"Harmless I doubt, it looks like it could rip an entire town into shreds" However Harvey instantly felt that joke felt in bad soil. He hadn't really planned that this guy would be harboring such a dark tale. "I'm... sorry. I didn't know" However a few things didn't really add up. Harvey had been flying around the area for hours now and he hadn't seen anyone, anywhere. He guessed that who ever these people who had killed this mans family were also happened to be the same people who sett fire to en entire village. "If you dont mind me... peaking into the story. Did you see who or what shot you down ? or even how they did it ?"

He seemed to fight back some tears from escaping out of his eyes, sighing a bit and frowning at the male. "It's....it's fine..." He said, but in truth, it wasn't at all okay. The rider's look of sadness only increased when he was asked to think about what he saw down there. The images made him clench his fists a bit, the feeling of being helpless and defenseless bothered him. "A dragon unlike any other I've seen before, I-I couldn't get much of a look at it but all I know is that it was strong, there were others but those I recognized. A charizard, a dratini....but this one it couldn't have just been a dragon pokemon, it looked unreal. I only got that glimpse when I saw the blast headed for us." He said, explaining a bit more, as best as he could anyway.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"I only have one more questions and I will stop bothering you" Harvey took two steps backwards and his Altaria for the first time since they landed made a move. It flapped its wings twice and made its way over to Harvey and landed just beside him, resting its head on his shoulder. Harvey could see the pain in the mans face and could only guess how horrible this felt. "You say they wanted your Salamence, but after they shot it down they did not come to get it ? I'm sorry to poke holes in your story, but that just does not add up" He stroked his Altraias long neck and it let out a soft cry.

The rider eyed the boy for a second as he took his steps away from him, his mind playing out the possible scenarios. He most likely didn't believe his story and may have wanted to get some distance in case of a possible attack, but that was far from the case it seemed, he wanted to further question him. "I didn't understand it either, I'm just glad they didn't.." He said, his gaze shifting a bit as he caressed his Altaria. "Can you take me somewhere to get my dragon taken care of?" He asked.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Harvey didn't feel a need to ask anymore questions. Who ever that followed the boy might have just decided they both would have ended up dead and left them to their fate. However bringing them back to town at once was out of the question, the Salamence was to hurt to be moved, so Harvey decided to bring help here instead of bringing the two to the help.

"Well you landed fairly close to a village and 'Im sure they will be able to help you in some capacity, so just stay put here while me and this fluffy cloud here find someone to come take a look. I will be back in no time. Besides, if you did get shot down your dragon shouldn't be moving all that much. So stay here and we will be back soon"

and like that he jumped on top of his Altaria and the two flew towards the village close by.

Esset Kaoru Richtofen​

NUDGE, NUDGE.

"Go away... I'm trying to sleep..."

NUDGE, NUDGE.

"Ugh...what..."

The curtains pulled aside, flashing rays of sunlight into Esset's eyes. He flashed into action; grasping for his bedside table. He patted the shiny Ditto that had been nudging him awake on the "head", and hopped out of bed. "Urgh, it must be sometime after breakfast, then..." Esset tossed on a fresh set of clothes and rushed into his kitchen to make a bowl of nutritious, 100% protein cereal.
'Well... let's just pray the Sui-Feng and Rouge don't have any stuff for me to do today...' Esset thought to himself as he downed the cereal. Making sure that he was fully ready to go, Esset grabbed his backpack from the coat-hanger by his door and walked outside into the sunlit village; it was the dawn of a new day.

And yet as soon as Esset walked out, he felt that today would not, in fact, be a very good day.

'Please, Aether, please don't screw me over today...'

Last edited by a moderator:
By the time dawn had cracked, the Harrison Farm and Ranch was already awake and working. One young woman grunted and threw a smaller bale of hay onto a cart that was hitched to one of the older Ponyta of the ranch. The cart was already full with nearly seven bales, but a few more would suffice for her to complete her rounds. With sweat slicked skin, Rikki set to her task with renewed determination to finish on time.

As it stood, the freshly butchered miltank steaks were nearly ready to be delivered for the week, they just needed some time to really set the flavors in. Near her, Liam, her Gabite, was herding the younger Ponyta herd into the Little Corral so they could stretch and really wake up. On the other side of the large ranch, Kiyohime kept an eye out for any hunting Pokemon, ready to kill them if need be to protect to vulnerable stock.

With one last grunt, the final bit of hay was carted and ready to go. Rikki pulled the protective gloves off of her hands then went and settled herself in the saddle of the Ponyta. With a few clicks of her tongue, the equine Pokemon trotted off at a reasonable pace. Together, the two set about laying hay in the feeders to help prepare them for grazing later on in the day. Rikki smiled widely when Liam tried some of the hay, only to spit it out after realizing he couldn't chew it. She shook her head in amusement, as it was practically a daily occurrence. "You'll learn one of these days, Liam. One of these days." she called to the Pokemon. The Gabite huffed then went back to his duties, though it didn't escape her that both of her Pokemon were angled so she was within their sights. Heck, one of Kiyohime's hands was following her every move while the other was watching the border.

After getting the younger ones fed and stocking the Rapidash corral, Rikki made her way to the stables to unhitch the ponyta she'd been using. Carefully, she led the Pokemon with gentle nudges and clicks of her tongue so he could join the others in the corral. Once that was done, she rang the bell near the door seven times. The loud clangs welcomed the sun as it crested the forest and signaled that the Rapidash would be getting fed. The Rapidash stables seemed to shake as the rowdy Pokemon grew excited. "Hey now. Calm down, there is plenty for everyone!" Rikki laughed once she entered into the anxious stables. One by one, she opened the stalls, and while a few tried to make a run for it, the appearance of Kiyohime kept them in line. While the Pokemon didn't hurt them...the Hydreigon DID look terrifying.

Once she was sure they were settled, Rikki made her way to the butchering shed. She knocked a couple of times on the door then walked in. "Hey, Pops." She greeted the apron clad man as he stood over a butchered Miltank. Then man grunted at her in greeting which made Rikki laugh despite the bloody, dim lightened setting. Rikki picked up the duty long for the day and skimmed it over. "Mom hasn't brewed the coffee yet huh?"

"Nn...I accidentally called her 'husky' the other day." The man grunted as he set about packaging up the meat deliveries for her.

"How long are you on punishment?" His oldest asked as she looked over at the man with an amused smirk.

"Take the damn meat, ya nosy brat." The man grumbled at her question. Rikki shrugged and gathered the packets in her arms, only for her father to set the delivery route ontop of them roughly. She rolled her eyes and kicked the back of his knee lightly. "Asshole." the man yiped a little when his leg buckled.

"2 in the swear jar, Pops. I'll see you in a bit." The girl said before she left the shed again. She hurried to the readied Rapidash that was being held by her mother and petted by her sister. She kissed her mom's cheek and traded the meat for the reigns, then she kissed her little sister's forehead even as she sat on Kiyohime. "Ok guys, I'll see you in an hour or two, ok? Take care of Ma, Daisy." She said with a wide smile.

"Bye, Riksi!" Daisy cheered in excitement. The eight year old smiled widely at her big sister while their mother packed the meat into the saddle bags on the Pokemon. Rikki laughed and helped one arm the girl onto their mother's Altaria as the cloud-like Pokemon swept in from her sentry duties above. This left Kiyohime free to accompany her trainer into town.

"Now Rikki, don't get caught up over at Minami's unless you make her house your last stop." Her mother chided her playfully.

"I know...I'll make her house the last one." Rikki grinned rougishly before she galloped off on the Rapidash, Kiyohime close behind. Her mother shook her head and watched her go alongside her youngest child and oldest Pokemon partner, then spoke once she was out of sight, "Come on you two, let's see of those crops need some weeding HM?"
------

By the time Rikki was at Minami's door, the rest of the town was up an about. Rikki called out Minami's name very loudly and pounded at her door like she did every third morning. "NAMI! OPEN THE DOOR! I GOT THOSE STEAKS YA WANTED!!" Kiyohime gently "booped" the top of her head for her bad manners, which Rikki pouted at. "Whaaat? You know she'd deaf!" Another "boop" to her head was the pokemon's response, followed by an admonishing look. "You spend way too much time with Mom, you know that?" Rikki asked, still pouting.

Minami looked over at Sciona and nodded a bit as he pulled out his own flask, before filling a cup with coffee and handing it to Oliver. 'It's all good, otherwise I was gonna have to throw it out.' she said with a smile.
She leaned back and relaxed slightly as everyone seemed to have settled with the food and drinks, keeping a wary eye on the two circling menaces ourside.
After everybody had finished their food she cleaned off the table and rinsed the plates, leaving the remaining rice for later.
'Alright then. Oliver, you ready to go? I really need to get started on patrol.' she said as she pulled on a long black coat and tied her hair up in a ponytail.

Before she could grab her bag she heard a voice screaming from yhe other side of the door and she cringed visibly. She hastily opened the door and growled. 'Stop shouting woman! As you can see I have enough noise as it is without your loud mouth.' she scoffed lightly, but she obviously wasn't serious. ' Took you long enough to bring me my meat.' she nudged the slightly older girl playfully as she took the meat and quickly placed it in a large, square "freezer" made of stone. The stone form had been coated on the inside with an icebeam and then filled with slabs of ice, so it was basically cold forever. After ensuring that the meat stayed cold between the ice and closing the heavy stone lid properly she walked out. 'Sorry everyone, but I really have to go.' she said apologetic.

"Yeah, yeah, blah blah blah." Rikki grinned after Minami took the meat. Once she was sure of delivery, she made her way back to the Rapidash and swung herself into the saddle. She pulled the list out from one of the bags then crossed off the name. "Alright. Deliveries are done. Kiyohime--" she looked up and towards Kiyohime, whom was watching the two in the yard. "Kiyohime?" The Pokemon looked over to Rikki in question. "We're done for now. It's time to go practice."

Ryan gulped down the food quickly. Making sure not to leave much, if any, on the plate. As the food was finished, he looked to Minami, bowing his head slightly, "Thank you again for the food." He stepped outside, looking about in the sky. Sal should be finished soon... I'll just wait for his return before we get back to training... Mental note, I need to remember to bring Minami a meal in return for this. He started jogging in place as he waited for Sal. He looked to Minami as he jogged "Don't forget our sparring match. Even if that doesn't happen today, it needs to happen sometime soon, I think Sal's getting tired of regular training." He glanced to the sky, wondering where Sal was. Sal was, of course, on his way, but still a short ways away.

Status
Not open for further replies.